Which is the Hottest Summer Blockbuster Movie of 2008?

Gossip 2008/06/09 19:24:32
This year summer blockbusters include: Iron Man, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Sex and the City: The Movie, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, The Dark Knight.

This year looks to be just as hot as the 2007 season judging by the number of blockbusters scheduled to hit the silver screen in 2008. Plenty of eagerly awaited sequels have arrived such as Steven Spielberg and George Lucas' Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull starring Harrison Ford, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, and The Mummy. Finally after years of waiting, the popular HBO series Sex and the City has made it's big screen debut. Fans have been lined up around the block to see comic book turned feature film Iron Man and will surely do the same for the next installment of Batman, entitled The Dark Knight.

• Liz 2008/06/09 23:26:17
    The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
    Liz
    +9
    I love this movie ive seen it twice already and am planning to go again!!!♥♥BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!! i hope they make a 3!!

• SoulGlowActivatur 2009/04/29 00:09:42
    SoulGlowActivatur
  • narniaHP 2008/12/18 00:40:21
    narniaHP
    Narnia: Prince Caspian, Duh!
    I became an overly obessive Narnia fan b/c of this movie!!
    **Narnia**HP**SeaWorld** 4ever!!!!!
  • Jay 2008/10/22 01:56:32
    The Dark Knight
    Jay
    Okay definetly Dark Knight (saw it four times) and then Iron Man and then Chronicles of Narnia
  • Kiki 2008/09/28 22:28:22
    The Dark Knight
    Kiki
    the dark night is the awesomest movie of the whole year!!!
  • Lizzy 2008/09/13 20:57:00
    Lizzy
    i LOVE NARNIA BECAUSE THAT SO COOL THAT OTHERS MOVIES!!!
  • Rascal 2008/09/08 15:37:19
    Rascal
    This film has everything. It's full action, history, romance. It's a wonderful movie. This film is not only for the children, for adults too...
  • Katty 2008/08/27 20:38:47
    The Dark Knight
    Katty
    I really liked the Narnia movie. i thought it was really good, but no movie can ever beat the dark knight.
  • LE CRONACHE DI NARNIA 2008/08/27 11:29:43
    LE CRONACHE DI NARNIA
    A ME IL FILM "LE CRONACHE DI NARNIA IL PRINCIPE CASPIAN" PIACIUTO MOLTISSIMO! E BELLO SIA IL PRIMO CHE IL SECONDO. CERTO I PERSONAGGI SONO CRESCIUTI, MA IL FILM USCITO MOLTO MOLTO BELLO! PER CHI NON ANCORA ANDATO A VEDERLO AL CINEMA E MEGLIO CHE CORRE PERCH E BELLISSIMO!!!
  • chatlee 2008/08/26 07:56:19
    The Dark Knight
    chatlee
    we so love edmund

so love
  • Nat 2008/08/18 17:30:03
    The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
    Nat
    I think that the Dark Knight also equally as awesome even more maybe but i gotta go with my homies the Mummy
  • McrHugs 2008/08/17 19:49:46
    The Dark Knight
    McrHugs
    +1
    the dark knight is a really good movie!!!
  • lauren 2008/08/16 16:56:48
    The Dark Knight
    lauren
    the dark knight is the best movie of all time, not just this summer
  • mia 2008/08/16 10:49:03
    mia
    it is hot yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • nikki 2008/08/16 03:07:11
    The Dark Knight
    nikki
  • Riri 2008/08/14 09:25:51
    Sex and the City: The Movie
    Riri
    sex and the city ROCK's!!
  • mia 2008/08/12 18:11:09
    The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
    mia
    tat is the hotties movie
  • David Villa 2008/08/07 00:36:54
    The Dark Knight
    David Villa
    +1
    batman was great!!
  • juls 2008/08/06 21:46:10
    Iron Man
    juls
    umm.... i really think iron man was awesome. Those of you who think Narnia was the best movie... you have to remember that a REALLY good-looking actor does NOT an excellent movie make.
  • Ana 2008/08/02 18:59:25
    Iron Man
    Ana
    Or the Dark Knight but I haven't seen that one yet.
  • JANNETTE 2008/07/31 10:50:10 (edited)
    The Dark Knight
    JANNETTE
    +1
    the dark knight FER SURE man this movie was AWWWWMAZING! i swear if it got anymore rad i would just die! man if you dont vote for this movie then youre totally wack
    whoooop heath ledger was great [R.I.P] cillian murphy [the scare crow] is hot!!! totally wack whoooop heath ledger cillian murphy scare crow hot i was shocked when they showed him :o lol whoooop heath ledger cillian murphy scare crow hot shocked lol <---haha one of my favorite parts :]
  • marbear 2008/07/26 18:22:05
    The Dark Knight
    marbear
    +1
    i love the dark night
  • bookie 2008/07/24 22:54:40
    Sex and the City: The Movie
    bookie
    Duh i mean who at least secretly doesnt want to see this movie?
  • Bubblez 2008/07/23 17:06:17 (edited)
    The Dark Knight
    Bubblez
    definently Dark Knight...iron man comes close in my opinion tho
  • terra marie♥ 2008/07/21 20:52:01
    terra marie♥
    well duh it is! i like all the other ones but chronicles of Narnia is waaay better and not only that........ Prince Caspian is totally hott!!
  • Mattygonz 2008/07/21 18:12:49
    The Dark Knight
    Mattygonz
    Anyone who answered otherwise has obviously not been privileged enough to bare witness to the dark knight.
  • nana 2008/07/21 01:06:35
    The Dark Knight
    nana
    wow thats totally wicked...
  • prtygrl 2008/07/20 07:43:42
    The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
    prtygrl
    Brendan Fraser and Jet Li are sooooooo hot
  • Brutus 2008/07/19 21:48:51
    The Dark Knight
    Brutus
    Action, Love, Mystery, just embodies every emotion a person can have.
  • a 2008/07/19 08:26:38
    The Dark Knight
    a
    no doubt n my mind a its the dark knight after seeing it waz completely non top able no joke
  • patpal 2008/07/19 05:33:46
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    patpal
    INDY
  • Kratos X 2008/07/19 03:55:30
    The Dark Knight
    Kratos X
    I gotta say its kinda a tie between Iron Man and The Dark Night. But Batman wins because of a more mature, dark plot and the fantastic portrayel of the Joker.
  • ponzi 2008/07/19 02:08:05
    The Dark Knight
    ponzi
    I'm waiting in line for hours tommorow to see this movie it'll be great
  • alethia 2008/07/17 21:31:49
    Sex and the City: The Movie
    alethia
    it's so for girl i love it ( that movie is my chick Flick movie )
  • Megagenie 2008/07/16 21:15:39
    Megagenie
    I think that The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Dark Knight, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Iron Man were the hottest Summer Blockbuster movies of 2008 since I feel like choosing them
  • gauffsa 2008/07/15 08:22:53 (edited)
    gauffsa
    What a pleasant surprise this movie turned out to be! I went not expecting much, (I disliked the first one immensely!!!), and came out so won over, I have gone to see it again a number of times. It was not only entertaining, it had psychologically intriguing characters and actually _interesting_ battle scenes (and so well executed!). It did take some artistic license with the storyline and characters, but to me, it only improved things. It closed gaping holes in the book regarding character and story development. It expounded where it needed to (How were the Pevensies affected by their last time in Narnia? WOULD Peter and Caspian just become jolly friends, or could there be some friction? etc.), and it let other details go. (Lewis was really sparse on so many details, and yet, would choose the oddest things to describe in detail. We really didn't need to hear about apples/feasting/food all the time, and worrying about changing their clothes back upon return to this world really eclipsed the emotional impact the goodbyes at the end could have had. )

I DO think this film may have alienated its main audience from the first film (little kiddies and adults looking for a cute fairy tale), as this is indeed far heavier (in action, character psychology, and violence) and mor...'

I DO think this film may have alienated its main audience from the first film (little kiddies and adults looking for a cute fairy tale), as this is indeed far heavier (in action, character psychology, and violence) and more realistic in the consequences of actions. I don't think this is a movie appropriate for little ones--they could be bored or a little traumatized.

The acting was FAR better as well. Welcome, Ben! You and Will did an especially wonderful job giving your characters depth. I very much look forward to the next one, and I am very curious how they will handle the transition from this book/movie (more realistic and heavy), back to the more fantasy fairytale feel of the first one.
  • gSquared gauffsa 2008/07/28 21:07:33
    gSquared
    who frikin cares if it was at all realistic?! its not supposed to be!!! its a fairy-tale! and unless yur a guy, yur crazy if u didnt think caspian and peter r hott!--but mostly caspian!! WOOH! words cannot describe him! hes an angel! holy cow!.... and his accent.....well, that just adds! pur-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r!
  • MARIE 2008/07/13 15:35:19
    MARIE
    it`s a good movie when you witch all the movie`s
  • monse 2008/07/12 22:33:52
    Iron Man
    monse
    i really liked this onee!!
  • Breana monse 2008/12/06 17:55:07
    Breana
    same here! i bet dark knights way good too but i haven't seen it yet. i've been so busy with volleyball.
  • bootyman 2008/07/12 07:16:05
    The Dark Knight
    bootyman
    all the bitches who put the cronicles of narnia you can just suck the lions dick dark knight bitches cronicles narnia suck lions dick

2014/10/23 02:35:11