Which could you live without, a computer or a television?

Donna Wolf 2012/02/20 05:42:14
Related Topics: Television, Computer, Live
Television, I can always watch online.
Not a techie, can take it or leave it.
Neither...and SACRILEGIOUS for even asking! haha

• David Hussey 2012/02/20 06:55:19
    Television, I can always watch online.
    David Hussey
    +7
    I've long ago turned off the TV. Might go a little squirrely without a computer though

• leigh 2012/03/14 12:28:35
    leigh
    +1
    if i don't have anything to use with.
  • Jayfeather 2012/02/26 02:00:58
    Jayfeather
    +1
    I could actually live without both.
  • BJAAddict 2012/02/23 21:32:23
    BJAAddict
    +1
    I would die!
  • Dawn 2012/02/22 16:43:57
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Dawn
    +1
    The only time I watch TV now is if someone else is watching it. I watch all my shows on-line. NO COMMERCIALS! I hate commercials.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/02/22 12:40:08
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    I've done so for 9 months (no, I'm not one of those smug people who brag about not owning a TV), but my computer is my TV so really, it doesn't count.
  • sally 2012/02/22 06:23:04
    Television, I can always watch online.
    sally
    +1
    I could watch on hulu, or netflix if I want.
  • TeamKauLiSchaf 2012/02/21 19:17:42
    Television, I can always watch online.
    TeamKauLiSchaf
    +1
    I rarely use tv these days
  • sandy.damasio 2012/02/21 15:19:59
    Television, I can always watch online.
    sandy.damasio
    +1
    i haven't used tv in years.
  • v i o l e t 2012/02/21 11:45:15
    Television, I can always watch online.
    v i o l e t
    +1
    I haven't use the tv in my room in years. I'm mostly on the computer and watch movies on it. Got my dvds, Hulu and Amazon.
  • kennypart1 2012/02/21 03:07:17
    Television, I can always watch online.
    kennypart1
    +1
    i only watch tv during football season so i vote dump the tv
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/02/21 03:06:51
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    TV seems to be a detriment to the IQ look at the top ten of network TV...with the computer and internet I can access books all over the world
  • De-Dee 2012/02/21 02:54:46
    Television, I can always watch online.
    De-Dee
    +1
    HAHA i don't have a tv in my dorm room. There's a flat screen down the hall in the lounge, but that's too much effort.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/02/21 02:42:46
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Reggie☮
    +1
    Not really a lot to watch.
  • Alvin 2012/02/21 02:02:21
    Not a techie, can take it or leave it.
    Alvin
    +2
    I live most of my life without either one. They are nice to have, but not an essential part of life.
  • Doug King 2012/02/21 00:50:19
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Doug King
    +1
    Too much junk on TV today.
  • FencerCat 2012/02/21 00:35:26
    Not a techie, can take it or leave it.
    FencerCat
    +3
    Both, actually. There's rarely anything worth watching on TV, and I can take or leave the computer. Just give me a pen and paper.
  • You Know IT 2012/02/21 00:00:01
    Television, I can always watch online.
    You Know IT
    +2
    not even a real question anything i can watch with a tv i can find online
  • Slim Shady 2012/02/20 23:37:44
    Slim Shady
    +2
    i need my computer to talk to people and my tv to watch my shows or movies so i cant live without neither
  • Foxy Warrior Guru 2012/02/20 23:35:34
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Foxy Warrior Guru
    +2
    With all the crap on the air today, this one is a real no-brainer.
  • kelly 2012/02/20 23:15:44
    Television, I can always watch online.
    kelly
    +2
    Well I could live without both for the record, but it would be harder giving up inter net surfing
  • Rocky 2012/02/20 22:58:12
    Rocky
    +2
    I need both. Computer - mostly for my games but I like a large TV set. I don't like to watch shows on the computer. Tried it when I missed something but I prefer the large screen for my favorite shows.
  • Pat 2012/02/20 22:07:08
    +2
    I'm online and watching TV. Can't choose.
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/02/20 21:54:18
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +2
    I don't watch TV all that much, only some adult cartoons, BBC comedies and some period dramas.
  • Harry 2012/02/20 21:51:18
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Harry
    +3
    Television is a wasteland, save for a very few networks.
  • Hetaliagal143 2012/02/20 20:48:11
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Hetaliagal143
    +2
    T.V. I watch most of my shows online anyway
  • Diana 2012/02/20 19:03:54
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Diana
    +2
    A television
  • architectDESIGNERia 2012/02/20 18:41:49 (edited)
    Television, I can always watch online.
    architectDESIGNERia
    +2
    Television just lacks substance these days. And though it's an option to watch on my computer, I just don't. All of these reality shows and competitions are entertaining, butI gain nothing from it and at the end of the day I realize I didn't turn my tv on once... Annnd.. No, I don't miss it. The computer is an outlet for information and socializing such as Sodahead. I yearn for more stimulation than Snooki and any singing competition.
  • Ol'Dave 2012/02/20 18:34:49
    Not a techie, can take it or leave it.
    Ol'Dave
    +3
    BOTH!!! Neither is a REQUIREMENT for continued PHYSICAL EXISTENCE!!!!!
  • LundyLawWillDie 2012/02/20 18:34:45
    Television, I can always watch online.
    LundyLawWillDie
    +2
    Don't even have to think twice, I can live without my TV. 90-95% of the TV shows on right now are total mindless junk. Nothing original anymore, mostly brainless reality shows. Also these "Fall finales" the major networks introduced about 7, 8 years ago (2 month hiatus from late Nov - late Jan.) have ruined many decent shows.
  • Wretha S 2012/02/20 17:57:29
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Wretha S
    +3
    I HAVE given up TV, I refuse to pay to watch TV (cable or satellite), but I will and do pay for the internet, I can watch what I want online if needed. I also live off grid, I generate my own power so I have to decide what to use my power on, and it's not going to be on a TV.

Wretha
  • ♌βļąƈʞƦơșƐ3033♌ 2012/02/20 17:49:38
  • ShinyUmbreon01 2012/02/20 17:45:15
    ShinyUmbreon01
    +2
    I need my TV for video games and I need my laptop to watch anime and derp around on the internet! Dx
  • Awwmandawashere 2012/02/20 17:40:08
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Awwmandawashere
    +2
    I usually never have time to watch shows on my t.v. anymore so I just watch them online you have less commercials and while the commercials are on I can always just do other things like homework.
  • jere.chievres 2012/02/20 17:18:39 (edited)
    jere.chievres
    +2
    Actually I could do with iout either, I have HUNDREDS of books and a radio with 10 Shortwave bands, AM ,FM Marine and weather bands looks like this! ( Mine works) on either electricity or batteries.
    . http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTA...
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/02/20 16:54:11
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +2
    internet has everything!
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/02/20 16:27:21
    Television, I can always watch online.
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +2
    I barely watch tv anyway so it wouldn't really make a difference to me.
  • TheExphinitee42 2012/02/20 16:19:34
  • Woody 2012/02/20 16:08:14
    Not a techie, can take it or leave it.
    Woody
    +2
    Don't NEED either...
  • I'm History 2012/02/20 15:55:13
    Not a techie, can take it or leave it.
    I'm History
    +1
    I've been living without a television for 10 years now, and not missing the cable bill at all, lol.
    When I use to watch television with the antenna on the roof of my home it was free, so I did not mind viewing the stupid commercials that were geared for 5th graders, as most who watch television are of low intelligence so the advertisers have to make commercials that those people will understand and relate to, I know, I use to be in advertising.

When everything went cable and they started to turn off broadcast television the cable started to charge everyone for what use to be free, and then they added even more commercials to view with less real television programs. That's when i said people won't stand for this kind of piracy of the television. But advertisers said your wrong, most people are stupid, they will pay and they will watch because they are hooked on television. And it turns out I was wrong, and people are stupid after all, because most people just paid their cable bill for something that use to be free, and they keep paying more every year, some paying an average of $100 a month for television,
    But not me, I donated my television to a nursing home 10 years ago and have never missed it, or the bill. I get more done, make more money because of it. Bu...

But not me, I donated my television to a nursing home 10 years ago and have never missed it, or the bill. I get more done, make more money because of it. But most people can never stop watching television, because like the advertisers say, they are stupid, and they are hooked on television. And the same 5th grade commercials are still going strong for most of America.
    Our political leaders also use commercials to get you to vote for them, and they lie to you most of the time, because that's what people like to hear!
    Television is what is changing America, and it's not for the good of the people, it's for the good of the advertisers and who they back.

2014/09/03 04:48:05