Which Celebrity Is the Worst Role Model for Kids?

Slideshows 2013/06/19 16:00:00

SLIDESHOW: Who's the Worst Celebrity Role Model?

Miley Cyrus
1 of 10

Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus has done a complete 180 since wrapping up her days as a Disney star on "Hannah Montana." The 20-year-old star has been caught smoking salvia in a video and always manages to dress extra sexy.
  1. Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus

2. Chris Brown

Chris Brown

We can all take a guess why Chris Brown isn't the best role model. In 2009, the R & B singer beat his pop star girlfriend Rihanna during a heated discussion in a car. He hasn't been able to live it down since.

3. Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan

Again... do we really need to explain this pick for you? Lindsay Lohan has gone through multiple stints in rehab, has had trouble with the law and just can't seem to take herself seriously.

4. Kanye West

Kanye West

Kanye West is a new dad, so he'll have to learn to be a better role model -- or else his newborn baby girl is going to grow up interrupting people during acceptance speeches and telling everyone how awesome she is.

5. Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian

Kanye's "better half" also has some learning to do, as far as being a good role model. For starters, Kim K became famous because of a leaked sex tape. Hopefully, her new baby girl won't follow in mama's footsteps.

6. Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber's accomplished a lot for someone still in his teens... but he's got a pretty big head to show for it. He gets mad when he's not nominated for a Grammy, he says he's a big deal in award speeches, etc.

7. Amanda Bynes

Amanda Bynes

Amanda Bynes used to be a cute kid on "Nickelodeon." But now, she's gone off the deep end. Being suspected for a DUI and posting risque pics on Twitter just scratches the surface.

8. Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne

You probably don't want your children's mentor to be someone who's been in and out of jail. Lil Wayne has served time for weapon possession and drug possession.

9. Farrah Abraham

Farrah Abraham

Farrah Abraham had a baby when she was 17 --- and got famous for it. Abraham started out on MTV's "Teen Moms" and now she's filmed a sex tape with porn star James Deen.

10. Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen's had his fair share of Hollywood partying -- with alleged drugs, prostitutes and all. He even had a public meltdown in 2011 after getting fired from "Two and a Half Men."

Don't ask any of these stars to babysit your kids anytime soon! A recent survey, done by couponcodes4u.com, asked more than 2,000 parents to vote on celebs they felt were negative influences on their children. And it looks like Chris Brown and Miley Cyrus are the king and queen of bad role models!

Unsurprisingly, Chris Brown was voted as the worst male celeb role model in the poll (71%) -- probably for beating on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna back in 2009 -- while Miley Cyrus was chosen as the worst female celeb role model (68%) -- likely for her transformation from an innocent Disney star to an R-rated personality.

Other female stars who made the naughty list were Lindsay Lohan (65%), Kim Kardashian (63%), Amanda Bynes (61%) and Farrah Abraham (59%). No surprise there. These ladies have all aired their dirty laundry in the limelight.

As for the men, following Chris Brown in the "bad role model" group were Kanye West (67%), Justin Bieber (65%), Lil Wayne (58%) and Charlie Sheen (56%). Some have gotten arrested, others just have egos the size of Texas -- but they all have work to do if they want to be mentors.

Which celebrity do you think is the worst role model for children?

• Ben 2013/06/19 20:58:56 (edited)
    Lindsay Lohan
    Ben
    +19
    How is miley a bad role model?

Lindsay is a drunk driver, crashing everyone, in and out of rehab, etc.

Miley - Made a twirk video, and went edge.

I mean many people does half nude photos, I mean should Rihanna be on this?
    Farrah made a porn
    Justin smokes. drinks [ & He UNDER 21] and had a picture drawn of him naked with a kid, and crashes into everyone too

How is Miley the WORST ONE?

• naptha 2014/04/28 22:20:51
    Farrah Abraham
    naptha
    I'd rather hannibal any second
  • *xXJenniferXx*^_~ 2014/01/11 16:57:31
    Lindsay Lohan
    *xXJenniferXx*^_~
    Miley's definitely not the worst one.
    She made a twerk video; she's just trying to hard to grow up.
    People don't focus on how Miley is trying to teach girls to be confident, and not care about what others say (not through her music videos obviously).
    but lindsay has a vote from me.
  • #MJFam 2013/11/15 22:14:07
    Justin Bieber
    #MJFam
    Miley is young and dumb.
    Justin let the fame get to his head.
    Lindsay is ... ehh.
    I think Kim K is only famous for that body.
    Farrah Abraham? Who is that?
    Chris Brown just needs to sit down somewhere.
    Lil Wayne is like any other rapper.
    Kanye is just the same. Like any other rapper.
    Amanda Bynes probably let the fame get to her too.
    Charlie Sheen is cool as hell. Let the man continue to do what hes doing. I'm not saying he still isnt a bad influence or he is one to begin with.

In the end, thats their life. Let them be what or who they want to be.
    :/
  • rose 2013/09/30 13:59:29
    Miley Cyrus
    rose
    Most of her stuff should be classified as X-rated. There is no way I would advocate for her being a role model for my kids. Between Miley's horrific hair style, to that teddy bear body suit to the beige underwear to that repulsive foam finger that was used in places nobody should show on cable TV, everything about Miley's performance was just plain cringeworthy.

it's pretty tragic to see such talented young girls throw their lives away because they don't stop and appreciate how lucky they are. Miley - you were fortunate enough to have a dad who turned you into a superstar. Now you need to figure out how to rebuild your brand so that young girls and even young women can look up to you again. Being a role model is really not such a bad thing. Why not throw away those tasteless costumes and try that on for size instead?
  • Sandra Menendez 2013/09/09 21:14:40
    Lindsay Lohan
    Sandra Menendez
    I'll have to say Lindsay Lohan because she had lots of opportunities but she ruined them for drugs now she is getting arrested every time and she can't go back. Miley still has a chance of not getting ruined .
  • cageaikenz 2013/08/12 20:27:18
    Kanye West
    cageaikenz
    sore ass loser
  • John Paul Allen 2013/07/19 17:07:47
    Amanda Bynes
    John Paul Allen
    She just is.
  • Alex 2013/07/19 01:50:35
    Lindsay Lohan
    Alex
    isn't there n all button?
  • MisterOriginal 2013/07/13 10:32:14
    Lindsay Lohan
    MisterOriginal
    Keeps going to jail for reasonable reasons.
  • Josh 2013/07/07 17:36:49
    Farrah Abraham
    Josh
    Why isn't Taylor Swift on here. She is the one helping children become emotionally retarded...
  • oscar.bergqvist.12 2013/07/03 04:41:18
    Justin Bieber
    oscar.bergqvist.12
    I have to say Justin beaver because even though lil Wayne has been in and out of prissiness Justin has only avoided sentences. if u do listen to lil Wayne he actually
    speaks the thought like in the song dontgetit he is saying that the Blake's in America are being targeted by the popo " 1 in every 9 black America teens are locked up" but in Justin beaver he has been speeding in children zones getting tatos as a teen and been showing up 2 houses late for a kids consert and he is also causing teens to harm them selves in a act called cut for beaver. now I'm not saying Wayne isent a good role modle but his music isent ment for kids so kids should not be into him
  • lntel 2013/06/29 22:11:08
    Miley Cyrus
    lntel
    +1
    I wish there was an 'All of the above' option!
  • CaptCrash 2013/06/29 04:59:49
    Charlie Sheen
    CaptCrash
    Actually, the correct answer is everyone of this group.
  • HU4LMia CaptCrash 2013/10/26 17:14:01
    HU4LMia
    +2
    Charlie Sheen isn't in a group. I bet you mean Chralie Scene. If you think he's a bad role model, you should know his name! And: Hollywood Undead is the best band ever!! I'd let them babysit my children (if I would be an adult). Hollywood Undead 4 Life!!!
  • Team_BellaYouIdiot 2013/06/26 23:21:34
    Kim Kardashian
    Team_BellaYouIdiot
    Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes all had talent. So did JB, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Kanye West and Charlie Sheen. I didn't even realize that Farrah was still on the radar, so she probably won't be influencing any kids other than her own. Kim K, on the other hand, is all over tabloids, she has, like, 5 shows and isn't even famous for being talented. At least if my kid grew up exactly like Chris Brown or Miley Cyrus, they'd have TALENT.
  • Ramón 2013/06/26 18:20:11
    Lindsay Lohan
    Ramón
    +1
    Any Once a Disney Star as Kid, who now has to prove they're a salacious adult is a bad role model.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2013/06/25 11:49:03
    Miley Cyrus
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    She's still young enough they pay attention. They turn trailer park fast when they fall off the Disney wagon.
  • eve 2013/06/25 06:20:05
    Lindsay Lohan
    eve
    +4
    Where the hell is the 'All of the above' option?
  • lindaca... eve 2013/06/25 17:22:28
    lindacamarda
    I was looking for the same option...all these celebrities are horrible role models.
  • marcus armijo 2013/06/25 04:30:27
  • Adamantine 2013/06/25 03:38:20
    Miley Cyrus
    Adamantine
    May we please have a list of the nice people? I'm so tired of hearing about these same group of mean losers.
  • anastasia.littlemoon.c 2013/06/25 00:19:05
    Farrah Abraham
    anastasia.littlemoon.c
    +1
    Sweet MTV star/ teen mom turned anal porn star? Wow
  • rayofsunshine980 2013/06/24 23:46:43
    Lindsay Lohan
    rayofsunshine980
    +1
    Can we just say all of them?
  • David Lee Saunders 2013/06/24 23:35:03
    Farrah Abraham
    David Lee Saunders
    +1
    I came up with Farrah Abraham with the "e ne me ne mighty mo..." method. I have never even hear of her before. My choosing her has noting to do with her lack of character. My worst celebrity role models are "gangster rappers".
  • Elementer 2013/06/24 22:29:15
    Miley Cyrus
    Elementer
    Cyrus is the only celebrity on this list (besides Bieber and Bynes) that's actually marketed to children.
  • Faye 2013/06/24 21:38:15
    Justin Bieber
    Faye
    +2
    I am around young girls (Order of the Rainbow for Girls) more and they just love Justin B but with his reputation, parents should be on edge.
  • insanecrazyladyb 2013/06/24 17:49:28
    Lindsay Lohan
    insanecrazyladyb
    Yes they are all the worst role model for kids...
  • Logical Alien 2013/06/24 17:08:58
    Justin Bieber
    Logical Alien
    ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!
  • Jared Fremlin 2013/06/24 16:37:23
    Miley Cyrus
    Jared Fremlin
    She looks like Justin Beiber!!! I'm not kidding!
  • DanniBoi 2013/06/24 13:18:57
    Miley Cyrus
    DanniBoi
    +1
    They are all a disgrace and should be burnt
  • PrinceOfPolaris 2013/06/24 11:56:15
    Lindsay Lohan
    PrinceOfPolaris
    PLEASE don't get me started
  • DeejaySpaniel 2013/06/24 10:41:51
    Chris Brown
    DeejaySpaniel
    Most of them aren't fantastic role models. I do believe Chris Brown is the worst however, because of the prolific nature of domestic abuse.

I'm really sad that Miley has been placed as a poor role model. She's a sexual being and she's allowed to be. Also, she has, on more than one occasion, stood up for what she believes in, even in the face of conflict.
  • Sakus<3 2013/06/24 06:27:44
    Miley Cyrus
    Sakus<3
    +1
    They're all pretty bad..
  • CKarliner 2013/06/23 20:39:11
    Farrah Abraham
    CKarliner
    +4
    Gee isn't there just an "all of the above," button?
  • Boudicea 2013/06/23 20:13:43
    Lindsay Lohan
    Boudicea
    +1
    How is ANYONE supposed to pick the "worst"? They are all pieces of turd
  • yogiOK 2013/06/23 19:15:55
    Miley Cyrus
    yogiOK
    +1
    There are a lot of pretty skanky ones these days, and hopefully most parents will encourage their kids to look outside of the sports and entertainment industry for good role models.
  • Junior the Outer Space Musi... 2013/06/23 19:03:18
    Charlie Sheen
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +1
    The only role I ever liked Charlie Sheen in was in 'Major League' as "Wild Thing" Rick Vaughn. He was a great example for kids in that movie, since that moment, it's been a sharp downhill trend.

I coulda been a contender
  • Tom Dundee 2013/06/23 17:51:19
    Miley Cyrus
    Tom Dundee
    Cyrus is the worst because the number of kids that grew up watching Hannah Montana, My granddaughter is 10, and she near worshipped her when she was about 5 years old. Many adored her years before that.
  • someone Tom Dundee 2013/06/26 06:35:38
    someone
    Those kids aren't into her anymore. She's grown up. She can't stay the same forever. She hasn't done anything THAT bad, especially compared to the other people on this list.
  • Tom Dundee someone 2013/06/28 03:45:19
    Tom Dundee
    Not that bad, but she has a following that is still under her spell. Hers is bad behavior, some of them have entered the criminal world and that is easier to explain to kids.

2014/10/22 13:11:22