When a guy compliments a girl, why do they automatically reject it?

Shadowstalker -In my awesomness I trust- 2009/01/31 00:05:04
I'm a girl, we do that because-
I'm a girl but I don't do that-
I'm a guy and I have figured its because-
I'm a guy and I have yet to unravel other mysterious of the female mind then to worry about this one
I told a girl I go to school with today that she looked really pretty with her hair down and she got all like defensive and told me she wasn't pretty

why do girls do that!? just take the fricken compliment!

• Mr. Basket 2009/02/11 06:36:57
    Mr. Basket
    +4
    girls have rabies.

that's why you had to watch out for cooties back in the day.

• Faariha 2009/10/16 18:51:15
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    Faariha
    We are being modest. Plus, it actually depends if the guy say it sincerely or just mucking about.
  • Watch Me Fly◕‿◕ 2009/08/07 08:59:20
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    Watch Me Fly◕‿◕
    i guess cuz its sumthing like "hey babe i wanna see whats under those jeans" or "is that a space skirt cuz ur ass is out of space"
  • kari 2009/07/09 10:36:11
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    kari
    Because Girl's are self conscious
  • no name 2009/07/07 03:42:34
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    no name
    i think maybe they are playin hard to get or they just don't like the guy
  • ☮candy kisses☮ 2009/03/19 03:05:15
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    ☮candy kisses☮
    i belive girls do that cause they want to here you say more nice things about them thats why i would do it
  • Simmering Frog 2009/03/06 06:51:09
    Simmering Frog
    +2
    guy figured

Because women are totally nuts.
  • matt 2009/03/05 18:04:50
    I'm a guy and I have yet to unravel other mysterious of the female mind then ...
    matt
    i think that they feel unsure of themselves and that makes them do it
    or they just don't think its true even if they r smoking hot
  • AnaBee<3 2009/02/28 01:27:43
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    AnaBee<3
    I don't know about other girls, but I accept compliments, just a polite thank you, and a smile and walk away or whatever. I guess girls do it mostly because they don't want to seem like their fishing for compliments, but deep down they really appreciate that you noticed :D
  • iLuvMCR<3 2009/02/25 04:37:35
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    iLuvMCR<3
    because nobody compliment's me because there's nothing to compliment on me. well sometimes people say oh i like your hair but thatz it. and it's mostly girl's who do that o.o
  • Tab Bear[: 2009/02/22 00:21:21
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    Tab Bear[:
    We dont want you to think we are all stuck on ourself and because we want to see if you care
  • mojo-jojo 2009/02/12 19:00:48
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    mojo-jojo
    i sometimes do that. but we may do that bcuz there can be somedays when we just dont feel pretty and there can be some mean boys that gives you a compliment then take it back and make us feel bad about it.
  • Sean8564 -Knight of the Bra... 2009/02/11 22:55:30
    Sean8564 -Knight of the Brazen Serpent-
    They are almost always on the defensive.
  • xx_these_tears_are_deadly_xx 2009/02/11 22:43:06
  • circa solutions. 2009/02/11 20:53:33
    circa solutions.
    like.

why do many girls (i'm definitely not saying all) insist on being right?
  • hatshepsut123 2009/02/11 20:12:38
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    hatshepsut123
    some girls with low self esteem do that.
    also man are just giving compliments to get "somewhere" so sometimes the compliment is not what they really think of the woman.

i guess they think that the man dont respect them and they dont want to accept his compliments
  • ♥♥♫MusicalBxtch♫♥♥ 2009/02/11 19:02:26
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    ♥♥♫MusicalBxtch♫♥♥
    i think it's sweet.
  • poisonvioletslove 2009/02/11 15:41:08
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    poisonvioletslove
    +1
    When girls do that, it's usually NOT because they don't think it's true, it's usually because they want people to think they don't think it's true. Does that make sense? Of course not. Occasionally they have low self esteem, but in that case, they would thank you for the compliment, surely? I don't actually know. I think it's so when they say like: I'm not pretty, the guy will say: Yes, you are.
    It's probably one of our many ways of getting guys. I'm a girl, but I haven't had time to read all these rules we seem to live by yet.
  • Rusty Shackelford 2009/02/11 15:03:09
    Rusty Shackelford
    Women are like a forest. Mysterious, and full of wolves.
  • The heartless 2009/02/11 12:58:07
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    The heartless
    We think what they're telling us is an outright lie...well at least that's what i think....i also think that guys just say that because they want to crawl in our pants and nothing else...
  • Smokey The hea... 2009/02/11 14:06:31
    Smokey
    +1
    That's sad... what has our society become when an honest man can't simply express his opinion to a nice lady and not be judged negatively by it. Just because MOST men that come across you in a negative manner, doesn't mean that every man is trying to get inside your pants.
  • The hea... Smokey 2009/02/12 07:36:32
    The heartless
    well i have had some bad experiences regarding males and that's all they ever cared about- getting into my pants.....so when they make a comeon like "you're gorgeous" - that to me simply implies- wanna get in bed? It seems that's all men care about....They don't want a real relationship or commitment- just sex with no strings attached.
  • Smokey The hea... 2009/02/12 13:59:43
    Smokey
    +1
    My wife married me and I'm a gentleman. Open the doors, massage her feet, and continually tell her I appreciate her. You can find a good man! Trust me!
  • The hea... Smokey 2009/02/13 12:07:36 (edited)
    The heartless
    You would be one of the few good men outthere....seriously the dating game sucks and i don't want to be apart of it...i would rather stay single for the rest of my life, than try to find the perfect man....i simply couldn't be bothered because these days men like i stated in my last posts are just clearly non caring and just want to get into your pants and that's it.

i also don't take compliments well because i can never tell if the person is being nice or simply lying...so i will take the second choice and say they're are usually lying to me.
  • Smokey The hea... 2009/02/13 12:49:01
    Smokey
    +1
    I really hate the fact that so many jerks have been in your life. I dislike using old sayings, but in your case, I'd like to make on plea. "It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."
  • The hea... Smokey 2009/02/13 12:58:11
    The heartless
    Well you're are very kind but that saying isn't true in my case..i didn't love any of the people i was with and they didn't love me so i have no idea what love is all about- ....so i will apply it to my cat he is my bestfriend in the whole world....sad but true thanx for being so kind...
  • Smokey The hea... 2009/02/13 14:47:10
    Smokey
    +1
    That's nice. What kind of cat do you have? I kinda understand where you're coming from because my first wife cheated on me. I was heartbroken and swore to never marry again. But four months ago, I got married to the love of my life. You see, the worst moment of my life, became the best part of my life. Before getting remarried, I stayed single for over 15 years. I was a single parent and I raised my daughter since she was 7 years old. Now she's in college. Life is funny at times. When you're not looking, maybe, just maybe you'll fall in love.

My thoughts are with you and I wish you the best. Oh, one more thing. There's nothing wrong in being alone either. You can be happy without being in a relationship. First, you have to love yourself! And spend some good quality time on vacation or take a weekend trip somewhere. Enjoy life!

Smokey
  • The hea... Smokey 2009/02/14 10:35:02
    The heartless
    Thank you smokey for you kind words...i also wish you the best for your future as well...you are a really kind person and i wish there was a lot more people like you out there...my cat is a black and he is the longhaired type lol he was given to me when my neighbour over the road could no longer look after him....he is the cutest thing on the planet and he is good company for me when i have times when i do feel alone.... longhaired type lol neighbour road cutest planet company times feel
  • The Mother ∞ God Loves You 2009/02/11 11:43:48
    I'm a girl but I don't do that-
    The Mother  ∞ God Loves You
    i used to say "whatever" .. mostly cuz i didn't know how else to react (i'm married ya know LOL).. now i just say "thanks" .. cuz i learned what i was doing was actually rude :P
  • De'~ 2009/02/11 10:31:08
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    De'~
    I don't believe them. I want to believe them but...
  • Brettster2000 2009/02/11 09:00:57
    Brettster2000
    +1
    but, what I do know is that if you already know, or date that woman, you sure as hell better compliment her if something changes regardless of the reaction. And do it quickly, if she colors her hair 1/2 a shade lighter/darker or she's wearing a new outfit but you don't mention it for hours, or worse, days later you are in for a S*** storm because you didn't notice immediately.
  • 1014589 2009/02/11 08:23:53
  • pink bambi ~ In Muse I Trust ~ 2009/02/11 08:21:21
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    pink bambi ~ In Muse I Trust ~
    +1
    We don't think that everything is to get in our pants, half the time we think that it is a joke and that someone is mocking us.
  • mac -Holding Fast 2009/02/11 08:04:13
    mac -Holding Fast
    Because. guy figured
  • that0neguy 2009/02/11 07:56:50
    that0neguy
    I don't know. It's never happened to me.
  • Fabio 2009/02/11 07:48:43
    Fabio
    you girls want more compliments. It's like "Ok... good... what else you got?" (tapping your foot)
  • Hev 2009/02/11 07:09:19
    I'm a girl, we do that because-
    Hev
    in my personal case I do it because I can't believe someone would say something nice about me...bad self esteem issues...but I have been working on it. Plus I know sometimes it's just hard to take it as truth...because who knows if they are being honest or not.
  • Mr. Basket 2009/02/11 06:36:57
    Mr. Basket
    +4
    girls have rabies.

• Earthbaby Mr. Basket 2009/02/11 07:40:41
    Earthbaby
    +6
    but yet you cant resist those boobies
    resist boobies
  • mac -Ho... Earthbaby 2009/02/11 08:07:46
    mac -Holding Fast
    +3
    Don't forget them tits! forget tits
  • The hea... mac -Ho... 2009/02/12 07:39:36
    The heartless
    +3
    cute birdies

2014/08/01 05:48:46