What the Hell can be done with Israel and Palestine?

bob 2009/01/13 15:03:20
Sodaheads for Peace
1 vote
5%
1 vote
5%
1 vote
5%
4 votes
21%
8 votes
42%
4 votes
21%
For at least the last 7,000 years this portion of ground has been fought over. A Hebrew tribe (originating in the steppes mountains Northwest of Babylon who had emigrated to Mesopotamia) was kidnapped out of Babylon and taken to what is now "Israel." The Babylonian Army came to free their citizens from slavery and stayed on, bringing their technology to Canaan, Anatolia, and other Mediterranean coastal cities at the same time. They brought their method of schooling, dividing the day into 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness, the circle into 360 degrees, the geometry of movement of stars and planets (which instead of planets which is Greek for "wanderers", the Babylonian word for them was "interpreters"), complicated mathematics, a written record stretching back past Hammurabi, etc. So for years and years this was land claimed by many as homeland. Fast forward to the time of religiousity when this land became hallowed to 2 major world religions, Judaism and Islam. There are ancient sites here, it is not a place to build sewers and bomb stuff. Then some Jews decided that 70 years previous their messiah had come, and called him Jesus Christ, so they started writing about a man long dead. Can you tell me about the things your ancestors said or did 70 years ago, well that's another whole subject. But the fact is that loads of people worldwide now look at this place as a place to revere, to take a pilgrimage to, so there seems one sensible solution that no one talks about. Let's make that whole area an INTERNATIONAL PEACE PARK. No one should live there and run sewers through ancient ruins. No one should drive there, crushing relics beneath their feet. No one should kill there, the blood has flowed there too much and too often, desecrating land that deserves more respect. (though I personally am of the opinion that if you REALLY believe that God is omnipotent and omnipresent, then you believe that God's house is not just the Church, God's land is not just "the Holy land", God's home and land are the earth and the stars, universally, and all you religious yahoos who kill and think you are doing it for God are simply desecrating and denigrating God's home and land.) So that is my suggestion for Israel and Gaza, the UN should step in and purchase the property, claim imminent domain just like when the Goverment decided they were making the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, told all the coastal landowners that they would get "fair market value" for their homes and they had to be gone by a certain date. They had a year or two, I think. But they left, and the LAND was returned to a more pristine state. Stop the flow of blood. And Where will the Jews call their nation? Isn't that a racially bigoted question? oh, well, Where will they go? You know, in the big scheme of things, we don't seem to ask that question about the millions of people that will be displaced when the oceans rise and swallow whole countries, so what the Hell? There are just a few people there, willing to live under a constant threat of death, they will find a place, carve out their our niche somewhere else. All the rest of us have. We integrated ourselves into other societies so well, you can't tell what I am anymore.

You must be a member of the group Sodaheads for Peace to vote on this poll.

• Magzilla 2009/01/13 17:58:22
    If they want to kill each other it's good for overpopulation, so let it happen
    Magzilla
    +3
    They either need to learn how to be tolerant and live together or die and let the stronger guy win. there are no other options. This thousand year war is pathetic and it says a lot about people who live there and fight and those who support it. It also says a lot about religion and the prejudice that it causes.

• Atmara 2010/04/26 17:37:07
    Atmara
    I would like to see Jerusalem as home to the UN and declared an International Sacred site.
  • rockstarr. 2009/07/22 18:22:01
    A nice, 2 state solution will clean this area up nicely, once there are borde...
    rockstarr.
    peace will soon come
  • Brad 2009/03/29 14:05:45
    Brad
    The only problem is that they will never be okay to live with each other. Religious views will never allow that. The biggest problem though is that israel has more nuclear war heads than nearly any other country. So what happens when they start droppin them. Who will we defend?
  • herb 2009/02/13 01:15:05
    herb
    Spank them soundly and send them to bed without supper.

I like the idea of a one-state solution myself.
  • gryphon1 2009/01/26 00:04:06
    gryphon1
    A two state solution is workable and with US and UN involvement will happen in the next 10 years.
  • Jen**GPAC** 2009/01/24 17:47:05
    Jen**GPAC**
    I think we should all just hope and pray for the sake of the citizens on both sides.. they are the ones getting caught in the cross fire of this whole mess.. the powerful politicians are soo quick to spew hateful things.. but they have bullet proof vests body guards and bomb shelters.. what do the citizens have?? Nothing.. they are vulnerable and they are paying for what those in power do.. whether or not they approve.
  • Just let 'em go and eventually all the violence will subside
    Яᴇv☠Doɴɴγ☠Dooᴍ☠Aɢɴosᴛɪc
    I think most of the world is too one sided when it comes to Israel and Palestine. The land they call Israel was stolen from the Palestinians because of Bible scripture. How would you feel if your land was stolen and then you where treated like a second class citizen.
  • greedy gay amy 2009/01/17 17:23:17
    Yeah, shove 'em all outta there
    greedy gay amy
    I agree shove them all out. Israel will never have peace in that region!!! yeah shove em outta shove israel peace region
  • S.Sif:* 2009/01/16 17:17:37
    S.Sif:*
    Destroy all of their weapons, show them the truth, put an invisible bubble around them ..
  • Rileymo 2009/01/15 16:38:47
    Rileymo
    OK, here is the problem- MAN got involved in religion and used it to further his political stance- now (7000 plus yrs now) there is a HOLY WAR- and nothing is holy about it. Take away the money and real estate and political power that goes with that part of the world-viola no more war- case settled.
  • SaintEthan the Great Miscreant 2009/01/14 10:57:48
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    +1
    the thing about the borders is that no one agrees with or respects them.

this is a subject that has been close to my heart for years. i'm white, atheist, and totally have nothing to do with this, but i'm pro-palestine on this thing. why? they throw rocks and get bullets in return. israel is too supported and too funded to not take care of them once and for all. if they don't it's because they know it's wrong and that the repercussions will be vast. the rest of the middle east already hates israel and they all have different reasons for it. they hate us for being friends with them.

this is what brings me to my next point. if we didn't support israel, we'd be a lot better off. so would their neighbors.

look at summer 2006. israel bombed the crap out of the Hezbollah in lebanon for the entire summer because two soldiers, two! -- who we never saw a photo of -- went missing north of the israeli border. we did eventually see pix, but it was months after the conflict was over and it was brief and no one confirmed that they were the actual soldiers gone missing. no interviews with them or anything. you'd think that'd be important since massive bombing went on on their behalf.

i just can't support them. let me say this for the record: i'm not anti-Semitic. i just don't app...

''

i just can't support them. let me say this for the record: i'm not anti-Semitic. i just don't approve of the way they run their country and oppress their neighbors. assholes.

there are generations of palestinians still displaced in countries like egypt and so on waiting for clearance to come home again. you have 70 year old people who've waited for 60 years to go back to their homes. meanwhile, it's occupied with a fence around it collecting dust. nice work, gentlemen.
  • Sufferer ♏ⒶRGⒶR☝†E 2009/01/14 01:31:09
    Sufferer ♏ⒶRGⒶR☝†E
    +2
    First off, the United States needs to get out of it and so does the United Nations, but since the latter was intended for globalist purposes that is highly unlikely. How about letting them duke it out or come to peace on their own? Recognize the groups as their own sovereign entities and stop patronizing them. If the Jews were meant to be in control of that area or the other group, then let God decide that or does everyone believe He is dead in such matters? Then why pray? As far as the rest of the world goes, the United States has its own problems.
  • SaintEt... Suffere... 2009/01/14 11:04:10
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    sadly, we're so in bed with israel that it's become a problem.

they've been duking it out for years now and all to no resolve.

god is totally dead in this matter. everyone there is sold on the blood that's in the soil (sand) there. not necessarily the land itself, but the heritage that belongs to it. the problem is that it's the past and no one's moving on at the cost of bloodshed.

these aren't stupid people; they're human just like you and I, but they're more than sold on their beliefs. religion is ugly.
  • Suffere... SaintEt... 2009/01/14 18:38:59
    Sufferer ♏ⒶRGⒶR☝†E
    ---sadly, we're so in bed with israel that it's become a problem.---
    Agreed. The founding fathers warned us against permanent alliances.
    ---god is totally dead in this matter.---
    I can't agree here. I was trying to get to Christians on here that want our government protecting Israel, because if they are honest they either stop praying or realize that God is alive. Weed out the tares from the wheat.
    ---everyone there is sold on the blood that's in the soil (sand) there. not necessarily the land itself, but the heritage that belongs to it. the problem is that it's the past and no one's moving on at the cost of bloodshed.---
    Here either, because I do think that every attempt to bring peace has only left the Jews up for attacks, therefore I think they are not the problem. At the same time, that is something Israel have to deal with, not the U.S.
    ---these aren't stupid people; they're human just like you and I, but they're more than sold on their beliefs. religion is ugly.---
    Religion, yes. Truth, no, but a lot of times the beholder has a different opinion.
  • SaintEt... Suffere... 2009/02/03 10:23:10
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    i wasn't specifying israel or their neighbors other numerous enemies. i was speaking for that region as a whole.

malcom x had a brilliant quote: there's nothing more dangerous than a muslim who will kill for allah. he was speaking of the death threats on himself, but the theme is universal. all religions, including yours, chrisianity, are knee-deep in bloodshed. we've mixed religion with politics and now we're in a holy war that's got nothing to do with whatever god is supposed to stand for. you're right when you say all of these 'beholders' have a different opinion.

keep in mind, the bible is the bloodiest, most violent book in literature.

think about what i'm saying when you quote me. i'm not bullshitting anyone. i don't write what i write just to fill a text block. i've done my research and i'm well-studied. i'd advise the same for anyone else who wants to tackle this matter.
  • Suffere... SaintEt... 2009/02/03 21:04:37
    Sufferer ♏ⒶRGⒶR☝†E
    ---all religions, including yours, chrisianity, are knee-deep in bloodshed.---
    Sorry, but you are wrong here. Christianity is not knee-deep in bloodshed at all. The so-called Christians who misused it are. If such is true, then Atheism is just as responsible for the deaths made by communism as Christianity is for witch hunts.
    ---keep in mind, the bible is the bloodiest, most violent book in literature.---
    I'll have to disagree there too. You should read more. I've read many things very detailed about death, torture and whatnot.
    ---think about what i'm saying when you quote me. i'm not bullshitting anyone. i don't write what i write just to fill a text block. i've done my research and i'm well-studied. i'd advise the same for anyone else who wants to tackle this matter---
    I am thinking about what you have said, otherwise I would not comment using quotes at all.
  • SaintEt... Suffere... 2009/02/24 15:12:35
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    read. learn.
  • Suffere... SaintEt... 2009/02/24 23:08:08
    Sufferer ♏ⒶRGⒶR☝†E
    Ditto to you. ;)
  • safari Suffere... 2009/01/14 11:16:00
    safari
    +1
    I agree.
  • safari 2009/01/14 00:19:14
    safari
    7,000 years of history means the answer is only in those people's hearts and minds. I don't really think anything we can come up with will be a real solution if they don't change how they see each other, the reasons for fighting and their desire for peace over war.
  • SaintEt... safari 2009/01/14 11:04:54
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    +1
    well, violence hasn't been an answer so far...
  • safari SaintEt... 2009/01/14 11:15:00 (edited)
    safari
    +1
    No it certainly hasn't been. You would think after 7000 years they would have caught on to that by now. :)
  • SaintEt... safari 2009/01/14 11:17:13
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    +1
    this war brought to you by Nerf.

they might as well be rubber bullets. despite the bloodshed, no one's advancing. war nerf rubber bullets bloodshed advancing
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2009/01/13 23:35:19
  • Suffere... mk, Sma... 2009/01/14 01:16:00
    Sufferer ♏ⒶRGⒶR☝†E
    +2
    Agreed. You can't force peace. Trying to only makes you a part of the war.
  • mk, Sma... Suffere... 2009/01/14 01:17:48
  • SaintEt... mk, Sma... 2009/01/14 11:05:32
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    +1
    put a gun to their heads?
  • Marky-Mark 2009/01/13 18:58:46
    Marky-Mark
    +2
    Interesting idea, but the issue is complicated because there are political, religious and socio-cultural aspects to it. If we were really to transform it into a peace park with nods to each of the major world religions with a vested interest, what's to stop one side from trying to gain control of it? Because the outcome of such a grab is predictable -- right back where we started.

All that said, it's the best solution I have come across.
  • SaintEt... Marky-Mark 2009/01/14 11:09:02
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    +1
    am i missing something? isn't this just going in circles?

"...major world religions with a vested interest, what's to stop one side from trying to gain control of it? Because the outcome of such a grab is predictable -- right back where we started. "
  • Marky-Mark SaintEt... 2009/01/14 14:04:12
    Marky-Mark
    +1
    my point exacty -- IF you could remove all residents from the area, how can you be certain that we won't end up right back here in the future?
  • SaintEt... Marky-Mark 2009/02/03 10:29:33
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    +1
    i think i see your point, but i've met palistinians who have waited for four generations to move back in the land they were ousted from. my point is that removing the people does nothing, you have to remove their /reason/ for wanting to come back. that's actually impossible. you have to remove the thousands of years of blood that's in the sand and the bullet casings and everything else that makes this land 'holy' to them.

the ties are deep and maybe peace is out of reach. maybe in a thousand years, they'll be like san francisco and say 'fuck god and everything that's holy, it's bullshit' and move on with their lives and stop killing each other over 'nothing'.
  • 310958 2009/01/13 18:25:18
  • Magzilla 2009/01/13 17:58:22
    Magzilla
    +3
  • SaintEt... Magzilla 2009/01/14 11:14:48
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    i agree with some of this. the last sentence, mainly.

these people are and aren't pathetic. if you were born there, you'd see things like they do. however, it seems that neither population is large and that after 7k years, they would've realized they're dying out or ..... died out.

there are more solutions that killing and letting the strong survive. what if there were a common threat where they could bond together in defense? (say a terrorist threatens to blow them both off the map) even terrorism isn't all bad if it makes unions out of enemies. there are a lot of negative things in the world, but everything is subject to manipulation. even bad things can be used for good outcomes.

there are always other options.
  • Magzilla SaintEt... 2009/01/14 17:21:39
    Magzilla
    +1
    So who would be their "terrorist"? I don't see this happening anytime soon. Regardless, it doesn't get rid of the hate that is there. The bond I doubt it would stick. They have thousands of years of hate. Also, it is just putting their hate on somebody else.
  • SaintEt... Magzilla 2009/02/03 10:34:56
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    i'm not good at finding solutions that end in violence, so i don't know who their terrorist or threat would be.

you're all the way right in your comment. there's nothing but hate and more hate isn't the solution. if they only realized that they're so much alike that they could be friends then things would be different. i look at both parties and shake my head in shame. it's too bad what they're born in to. i thank my stars that i'm a magnanimous young white boy in california.
  • deano 2009/01/13 15:34:20
    deano
    +1
    Hard headed group of folks as Bush would say.Eventually these middle east conflicts will cause ww3 and there is nothing we can do but wait.
  • SaintEt... deano 2009/01/14 11:15:17
    SaintEthan the Great Miscreant
    our involvement with them is a catalyst.

2014/10/30 13:00:49