What is your favorite wrestling hold? And who is your favorite wrestler who does it?

Tomus Megalomania 2009/07/06 15:43:55
WWE, ECW, & TNA
This...
8 votes
89%
That...
1 vote
11%

You must be a member of the group WWE, ECW, & TNA to vote on this poll.

• BBoy legacy 2010/07/20 01:44:56
    That...
    BBoy legacy
  • Tomus M... BBoy le... 2010/07/21 17:24:57
    Tomus Megalomania
    Full Nelson...classic!
  • The Ruby 2009/07/10 01:46:48
    This...
    The Ruby
    +1
    Five knuckle Shuffle by John Cena!
    Yay knuckle shuffle john cena yay !
    BELIEVE***
  • Tomus M... The Ruby 2009/07/11 19:42:02
    Tomus Megalomania
    haha cool!
  • The Ruby Tomus M... 2009/07/12 20:18:13
    The Ruby
    +1
    Thanks Tomus Bane!
    BELIEVE*** tomus bane
  • Captain Seriouspants (AKA H... 2009/07/08 04:46:30 (edited)
    This...
    Captain Seriouspants (AKA Halloween Man)
    +1
    Ankle Lock by Kurt Angle. Mostly because of his attitude when he does it. How he does it over and over, and how there are so many opportunities to go for it. I personally prefer it when you're laying down unless it's Kurt Angle locking it in.

As much as I love Kurt Angle, I find this picture hilarious:
    http://iblahblahblah.com/imag...

Although my favorite move, that I haven't made up myself, would be the triangle hold...

locking love kurt angle picture hilarious httpiblahblahblah comimag triangle hold

... or the octopus stretch. The one that starts as a head scissor. In the games it should be octopus stretch 2, in the running position.
  • HelmetW... Captain... 2010/06/22 13:05:16
    HelmetWearer
    +4
    That hold looks totally unescapable! I wonder if it's possible for the boy locked in it to escape?
  • :)SuperGirl(: 2009/07/06 18:41:19
    This...
    :)SuperGirl(:
    +1
    i like ric flairs figure eight ric flairs figure
  • Tomus M... :)Super... 2009/07/07 00:22:35
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    Flair is a legend!
  • :)Super... Tomus M... 2009/07/07 01:53:23
    :)SuperGirl(:
    +1
    yeah he is
  • Music_101 2009/07/06 17:25:57
    This...
    Music_101
    +2
    the figure four leg lock- ric flair and the sharp shooter- bret the hit man hart
  • mrs awesome face 2009/07/06 16:11:37
    This...
    mrs awesome face
    +2
    ankle lock and sharp shooter of course ankle lock sharp shooter
  • Superman 2009/07/06 16:04:35
    This...
    Superman
    +2
    I would say the Liontamer - as long as its the elevated Crab with the knee to the back. But Jericho hasn't done it that way in years.

I've always been a fan of the Million Dollar Dream (cobra clutch). It's fun to use and looks great as a submission.

But I grew up a fan of another hold. One that has basically gone away and thats a shame. That move is the Iron Claw. Performed by many wrestlers - my favorite was Baron Von Raschke. hold basically shame iron claw performed wrestlers baron von raschke hold basically shame iron claw performed wrestlers baron von raschke
  • Tomus M... Superman 2009/07/06 16:27:11
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    I haven't seen Von Raschke wrestle before, but I will check him out.

It is a shame to see classic holds go away, I agree, especially basic ones that depend so much on charisma and timing.

As for the Liontamer, it is a shame that Jericho does not use the knee in the back anymore. But I imagine that it was too dangerous to use, or just too hard for him to use on the bigger guys, once he got pushed to main events and had to compete with the big boys.
  • Superman Tomus M... 2009/07/06 16:35:49
    Superman
    +1
    Von Raschke was one of those guys who never quite made it. He spent a very brief period managing the Powers of Pain in WWE. But spent most his time in AWA or NWA. He was on of those "ethnic" villains - German - similar to the Russians that became such great heels in the 80s.

I'd imagine its that last part - hard to use on bigger guys - that killed the elevated knee to the back part. That and the fact that the traditional crab is easier to slide to the ropes creating more dramatic effect. But the look of the original liontamer was awesome. I remember playing WCW versus nWo for 64 and playing as Jericho all the time to do that move.
  • Tomus M... Superman 2009/07/06 16:45:58
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    HAha...I played WCW vs NWO Revenge (and still do, on an emulator), but loved using the Steiner Recliner.
  • Superman Tomus M... 2009/07/06 16:49:03
    Superman
    +1
    I'm trying to remember how much it sucked having to play through a round of like 7 guys to win and hold a title rather than just having individual title matches.

In a lot of ways, though, that game and the other similar ones were so good. Graphics were decent enough. Controls were easy. Roster was full.
  • Tomus Megalomania 2009/07/06 15:47:55
    This...
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    The cobra clutch!

The only guy doing it in WWE or TNA is The Brian Kendrick. He does it and sits on the guy's back at the same time. It's fun to watch, because he is so small, and the guy always breaks out of it. But it's a great hold, nonetheless.

wwe tna brian kendrick guys fun watch guy breaks hold

Kendrick is kind of silly, but I love the antics and the fact that he was trained by William Regal.
  • Break me Down 2009/07/06 15:47:21 (edited)
    This...
    Break me Down
    +2
    Sharpshooter and Bret Hart is the ebst at it or the Muta Lock with the Great Muta doing or hell Wall of Jericho (Elevated Boston crab) or his Liontamer from Jericho

or any submission Chris Hero does haha "The Mack Daddy of the Cravate"
  • Tomus M... Break m... 2009/07/06 16:01:28
    Tomus Megalomania
    I love the Liontamer!
    love liontamer

2014/08/23 01:37:36