What is the Most Important Vow to Make to Your Soul Mate?

The Vow 2012/02/09 20:00:00
Just in time for Valentine's weekend, "The Vow" opens up in theaters February 10. And between studly Channing Tatum and adorable Rachel McAdams, we're pretty sure you're not going to want to miss it.

Read More: http://www.thevow-movie.com/

• cassandra 2012/02/11 06:05:54
    To Love and To Cherish
    cassandra
    +21
    I think tha if ur with some one why cheat you got some one at home that cares for u and u can have them any time so why go out and find some. One for the side

• sarah boo L K 2012/02/14 16:47:57
    sarah boo
    thx and i will try but it is really hard rite now
  • L K sarah boo 2012/02/14 21:33:56 (edited)
    L K
    Yes, I understand how hard moving on can be. My suggestion is talking to a professional. They have tips and the strategies to help. I know that after my husband died from cancer I spoke to a therapist and she really helped me deal with the loss and with my emotional pain. Perhaps that is something you should consider. Most insurance companies provide for counseling. Good luck and remember YOU deserve to be happy. Professionals know how to help you build your confidence and show you how to get your life back on track. Good luck.
  • sarah boo L K 2012/02/15 16:42:44
    sarah boo
    +1
    thx and i will deffinetely do that
  • L K sarah boo 2012/02/16 02:05:01
    L K
    Good for you!!!
  • sarah boo L K 2012/02/16 13:54:34
  • Leah Thomas 2012/02/10 15:40:27 (edited)
    To Be By Their Side
    Leah Thomas
    +4
    None of those (though to be by their side is close to my point). I believe with the divorce rate we have people need to pay more attention to their vow "till death do we part." If you don't take that part seriously what's the point of marriage?
  • L K Leah Th... 2012/02/11 15:17:45
    L K
    Good point. I think many people today just don't have the stamina to stay devoted to another person like they did in the past. We have become a very selfish society where it is the "Me first" mentality rather than My family comes first. What makes it hard is that one person may stay devoted and the other doesn't and at some point the devoted one has to make a decision. My son is going through a difficult time in his marriage and I am watching his wife doing some very selfish things. I have to keep quiet and let them work it out, but while I believe in hanging in a relationship, I don't think he should in this case ......however, they will either work it out or not and I just pray his kids will deal with everything well. Life throws you curve balls and I raised a son who told me he took a vow and will keep it unless she decides not to. The shame is, his wife took the same vow and does't seem to care about honoring it. So that is hard to stand by and watch from the sidelines.
  • Lucy Sparkles :3 2012/02/10 15:37:55
    To Be By Their Side
    Lucy Sparkles :3
    +5
    you have to be there and stand up for them whenever they need you no matter what.
  • CBrown83 2012/02/10 15:36:27
    To Be By Their Side
    CBrown83
    +3
    Through sickness and health
  • NancyR1 2012/02/10 15:33:50
    To Love and To Cherish
    NancyR1
    +2
    ahhh, yes.
  • MiGustoEs 2012/02/10 15:31:10
    To Love and To Cherish
    MiGustoEs
    +4
    When you "Love and Cherish" you protect, provide and ALWAYS place that loved one's well being and happiness before your own temptation to step outside this sanctuary of love and family.
  • angie45 2012/02/10 15:20:57
    To Love and To Cherish
    angie45
    +2
    to love above all..the else follows, side by side,to have and hold..and to always be with you.till death do us part.
  • SODAHEADSHEAD 2012/02/10 15:19:31
    To Love and To Cherish
    SODAHEADSHEAD
    +4
    Uhhh...it's more like the most important vow is the one you keep.
  • G'Ma 2012/02/10 15:15:30
    To Be By Their Side
    G'Ma
    +2
    For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. And it IS forever - till death parts!
  • New Yorker 2012/02/10 15:13:48
    To Beat Them at Words With Friends
    New Yorker
    +2
    hahahaha, that was a good one......of course To Love and To Cherish
  • Klutzey 2012/02/10 15:13:47
    To Love and To Cherish
    Klutzey
    +2
    I chose this one because I feel if you love and cherish them you will be by their side when they need you. Both of those seem important.
  • Berjo S... Klutzey 2012/02/10 15:58:44
    Berjo Shalejian
    +2
    your absoultly right Klutzey
  • tinaje 2012/02/10 15:06:35
    To Love and To Cherish
    tinaje
    +1
    RESPECT, when you have Self-Respect all other things in life & who you love fall into place! Romance, Dating your SoulMate ALWAYS, Honesty, sense of humor, confidence!
  • NannaMunkholmChristensen 2012/02/10 14:59:52
    To Beat Them at Words With Friends
    NannaMunkholmChristensen
    +2
    If it's there, you have to pick it!

But to be sirius(did on purpose), "To Love and To Cherish".
  • fab0424 2012/02/10 14:55:52
    To Love and To Cherish
    fab0424
    +2
    Marriage is a direct reflection of God's relationship with man. It reminds me of the Westminster Catechism: "What is the chief end of man? Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
  • Beck .L.Z 2012/02/10 14:51:42
    To Love and To Cherish
    Beck .L.Z
    +1
    It is Always love
  • bob h. 2012/02/10 14:46:24
    To Have and To Hold
    bob h.
    +1
    The whole thing.
  • Rod 2012/02/10 14:41:15
    To Beat Them at Words With Friends
    Rod
    +3
    To thine own self, be true.
  • kerrtoons 2012/02/10 14:40:54
    To Be By Their Side
    kerrtoons
    +1
    I would also add: "To honor". Once that is in place, the fidelity should follow right along.
  • Evan 2012/02/10 14:37:23
    To Love and To Cherish
    Evan
    +1
    "To love and to cherish", as long as both are on the same page about the definition of "Love". For some, "love" means "abuse". For others "Love" means unconditional acceptance, respect, mutual give-and-take, commitment, and for each to be totally on the side of the other. People who come from single-parent homes because of death, or other reasons, and/or abusive backgrounds need to take their time about getting married.
  • angel Evan 2012/02/10 15:30:53
    angel
    +1
    It isn't only people who come from a broken home that needs to take their time about getting married it is every person who needs to do this!! I know a man who never stands behind his wife rather he stands behind his parents on all important issues, and he came from a perfectly healthy two parent home. So be careful when stereotyping a group of people.
  • ant0n1us 2012/02/10 14:33:40 (edited)
    To Love and To Cherish
    ant0n1us
    +2
    To love and cherish TRUTH, no matter how painful! It is vow to yourself. This vow is the trademark of our species--the "inner policeman"--the human conscience. This is the faculty unique to our species that steers us through life, in making choices based on "right" and "wrong". Only after we emerge from the slime of a life without conscience can we love another person. Loving another person requires that we are truthful to our OWN self first. maslow s hierarchy
  • CrazyTexan 2012/02/10 14:32:31 (edited)
    To Be By Their Side
    CrazyTexan
    +2
    Truly, its to keep open communication. So many relationships fail because the two don't talk about small to big stuff. And that is so vital for a healthy relationship. Loyalty and honesty are equally important. Telling your significant other everyday that you love them.
  • boiyaza 2012/02/10 14:30:57
    To Beat Them at Words With Friends
    boiyaza
    +1
    how bout this you don;t get married just engaged and stay that way
  • Ailat boiyaza 2012/02/10 14:44:27
    Ailat
    +1
    Cause that's stupid and you're not really committing to your fiance if you never marry them. That's literally telling them that you want an escape clause. If you say you want to be together forever, then just get married. If you really are planning on being together forever and you really love her/him, then marriage will change nothing but the fact that you seem a lot more moral in many people's eyes.
  • boiyaza Ailat 2012/02/10 19:56:06
  • Ailat boiyaza 2012/02/13 16:57:00 (edited)
    Ailat
    So why are you engaged? That's a label. And you don't need permission. Haven't you ever heard of eloping? You don't need anyone's permission but your fiance's. And why not just make it official? You can't call this person your spouse, you have to fumble about and be like, "well, we're together, but we're not married, we're just going to be eternally engaged." And the whole point of being engaged is to tell the world that you're going to be married. So why even bother? That's like saying you're going skydiving, getting in the plane, suiting up, but just sitting there at the edge because "actually jumping is just an action. What really matters is that you took the time to get ready." Yeah right.
  • boiyaza Ailat 2012/02/13 22:05:09
    boiyaza
    no because if you need to be married just to show the world that you love the person sounds stupid only one person should know and care and that is your lover and if he or she don't feel the same way about then you leave
  • Ailat boiyaza 2012/02/17 03:48:00
    Ailat
    You're not getting married for the world, you're getting married for your spouse! To show them that you are willing to commit your life, as long as you both shall live, to them! It's the ultimate gift. Unlike society makes marriage out to be, it's supposed to be about compromise and love and staying together forever. None of this divorce crap, unless it's necessary. It means you're devoting your life, time, money, children, and future to this one person whom you trust and love completely.
  • boiyaza Ailat 2012/02/17 16:24:32
    boiyaza
    so you telling me that you need a ceremony instead of just saying and believing that you belong with the person
  • Ailat boiyaza 2012/02/21 01:35:43
    Ailat
    No, I'm saying that the ceremony makes it public. If your spouse can't tell the world that they love you, then how can they tell you they love you? If they're too ashamed to marry you, why would you want to be with them at all?
  • boiyaza Ailat 2012/02/21 15:35:02
    boiyaza
    That just sound stupid if you need to show off your love to everyone then you need to become famous the only person you should show off your love to is your lover and no one else
  • boiyaza Ailat 2012/02/22 16:08:22
    boiyaza
    who needs the public to know
  • Ailat boiyaza 2012/02/28 00:34:26
    Ailat
    No one, but if you really love someone, you'll want to shout it from the roof tops, not hide and give excuses for not marrying them. This just doesn't sound like true devotion to me, more like infatuation.
  • boiyaza Ailat 2012/02/28 04:34:26
    boiyaza
    no you wouldn't only a damn fool would want to shout it out and marriage is just excuse

2014/11/24 15:20:30