What is the deal with pubic hair?

Derek 2010/08/06 23:36:09
Related Topics: The Deal, Dance, Painting

I understand personal tastes being different in every indiviual, especially when it comes to sexual arousal.

But people who work in the porn industry usually are trying to appeal to a whole range of people at once (to garner more money of course).

So most strippers who dance or appear in internet videos, whether male or female have had their pubic area shaved. Why?
Does this then mean that the general human population prefers this?

I find it bizarre because the exitence of pubic hair means sexual maturiy, otherwise the person has not yet reached puberty. I don't find 12-year-olds arousing, so why would I want a sex worker looking like one?

The weirdest part is that this has been going on for a long time. Paintings can tell us that even back in the middle ages they preferred women who were not hairy.

• Becca 2010/10/04 22:58:14 (edited)
    Becca
    the native amaricans didnt have any puibic hair to start with. They just had the hair on thier heads and then the eouropians came over.
  • Derek Becca 2010/10/05 17:49:00
    Derek
    I find that hard to believe.
  • Becca Derek 2010/10/05 20:56:46 (edited)
    Becca
    +1
    well they didnt. Pubic hair is a white europian thing. After the native amaricans started mixing with the eropians it started showing up. also native amarican wemon didnt hav wide hips. Thats something also changed when they mixed with eouropians.
  • Derek Becca 2010/10/06 19:27:18
    Derek
    Do you have any sort of evidence to support this? Because quite frankly I think you're making it up as you go along. There's no evolutionary significance to it and if you're read your history, you'd know that Native Americans were more wiped out by the Europeans than having their children.
  • Becca Derek 2010/10/06 23:33:15
    Becca
    +1
    First off there is plenty of documented evidence that Native Americans and whites mixed. Most american can find some native amarican blood in their family line. I may be as white as can be but i can proove that i am 1/4 native american. This qualifys me for most grants and scholarships. There are still many american indians in the U.S. about 4.9 million of them as of 2008 this includes those of mixed races. Yes i know native americans were forced onto reservations starting 1831 when the first 5 tribes were moved frome the south east to Oklahoma and it lasted untill 1838 and the Cherokee were the last to be forced off there land.
  • Becca Becca 2010/10/07 00:22:21
    Becca
    +1
    trade between the Native Americans and the europians was a big thing too. it started with the Spanish and then british and french and then with white americans. The white americans are the ones that forced them onto reservations.
  • Derek Becca 2010/10/11 00:52:32
    Derek
    If you read my comment more carefully, you'll notice I never said that Native American were entirely wiped out. I said that the European settlers were more interested in eradicating the natives than assimilating them.

Let's take an example that's much easier to confirm: Mexico. There were several native tribes in what today is Mexico when the Spanish conquistadors came, and in the capital of the Aztec empire, Tenochtitlan, easily numbered the tens of thousands. So complete eradication or assimilation never happened as with some North American tribes because there were so many natives.
    Today you can find "pure-bred" natives in several parts of the country and all of them are anatomically similar to the rest of the world.
  • joseph Becca 2012/08/27 02:15:09
    joseph
    +3
    let me guess you are ''part cherokee and your gramma was a cherokee princess'' LOL

im sorry but i love the 1/4 this or that claims. lol. and its spelled ''europeans''...

you seem like a nice person but you are terribly misinformed,

and the old free government money shpeel... too funny it is sooo not like that.

LMAO wow
  • joseph Becca 2012/08/27 02:03:27
    joseph
    +3
    more bs
    lol sorry but it is
  • joseph Becca 2012/08/27 02:02:56
    joseph
    +3
    that is not true and why are there always white people making up their own stuff like this? i am Kiowa/Comanche and mixed with white. my grandparents are full kiowa on one side. and i have many relatives that are not mixed. they would all tell you though while we are considerably less hairy than whites what you are saying is not true. it varies to person to person, based on individual genetic traits. and there are some who lack hair this is true to a point but not a rule at all. most full bloods have brown eyes but not all. same rule. but to generalize all indigenous people of this land, not really ''native americans'' since you cant be native of something that did not exist before you. Whites have only called this land ''america'' for less than 500 years and we have been here a little longer than that lol.

I cant grow a beard and barely a mustache, i dont have armpit hair [well like 2 in each pit lol] and am thin on the pubeage but not absent. im a 5/8 wrench ndn. i know full bloods that have hairier faces and such than me. so you are genrealizing something that isnt able to be generalized as people are all individuals regardless of ethnicity. Are all caucasians red headed and pale? how about all blond headed and blue eyed? see how ridiculous that sounds?
  • Jerry G... Becca 2014/08/06 16:17:58
    Jerry Gonzales
    I hear you can get pregnant from french kissing, too.
  • Riobhca 2010/09/03 01:59:46 (edited)
  • Derek Riobhca 2010/10/04 03:15:49
    Derek
    +1
    Might I use you as an example of what I think is a healthy relationship?
  • nope 2010/08/08 07:39:36
    nope
    To me when its hairy..its just not as attractive. I don't mind a bit, but when its a scruffy mess..it just looks like a mess. hairy attractive mind scruffy mess mess
    Now when its more like this..
    hairy attractive mind scruffy mess mess
  • volley15 2010/08/08 04:49:34
    volley15
    +1
    I personally don't like being hairy down there. It just bothers me.
  • Derek volley15 2010/10/04 03:17:17
    Derek
    +1
    In my opinion it should not bother you. Having hair is quite natural. I mean, it's your business if your eyebrows bother you and you shave them off, but I think it's stupid that society has pressure on women do it.
  • volley15 Derek 2010/10/04 03:34:41
    volley15
    +1
    No one pressured me. It just bothers me. I'm not the biggest fan of tampons, and it gets quite messy using pads. THAT bothers me to no end. I can't stand it. I find it more comfortable to shave.

Some men prefer to have a shaved head cause it's more comfortable and they don't have to worry about bad hair days.
  • Derek volley15 2010/10/04 03:38:17
    Derek
    +1
    Again, it's an individual thing. I have big problems with how society thinks women should look and do; but if you arrived to this conclusion because it's more comfortable for rather to cater to what everyone else thinks, then I have nothing else to say.

PS: my wife uses reusable pads (cotton cloths that you can wash). Since I'm not a girl, I can't really say anything about menstruation, though if I were, I would avoid tampons forever because of TSS :/
  • Riobhca Derek 2010/10/04 18:58:10
    Riobhca
    +1
    I agree that there are real problems with how society conditions people to think about women. This is one reason we have so many young girls and women who have problems such as anorexia and OCD. I'm not a radical feminist. In fact, I'm generally conservative, but people need to think for themselves. I never use tampons because of medical reasons and also because some women think that it is somehow archaic. I've never found them uncomfortable and don't know why anyone would. Women who find them messy are, on the whole, people who can't deal with anything. Menstruation is a natural part of womanhood and I can't believe some women have such negative ideas about it. As you say, if it's purely a decision of personal choice, good, but you see so many who are afraid of "what their friends will say." I have so many times had women tell me that there is no increased risk of TSS with tampons and that is just not true, no matter how careful you are with them. They just believe whatever they hear and they don't want to know any differently. This is silly and I am always getting after women for being such followers. I always admired the women who choose to be themselves rather than following the herd like brainless sheep.
  • Derek Riobhca 2010/10/05 17:50:41
    Derek
    +1
    I don't know what else to say to this except give it a rave. I agree with you wholeheartedly.
  • Riobhca Derek 2010/10/04 18:49:57 (edited)
    Riobhca
    +1
    I agree totally. These people say it's individual choice when in fact they are pressured by society to do it. They don't even realize that. This just shows how some people have stopped thinking for themselves and don't even realize the mind control of modern society. Why the don't think for themselves mystifies me. I guess it's just too much of an effort for them. I'd like to ask the lady above if she can pinpoint just why it is that hair bothers her and would be willing to bet that she can't really hone in on the true reason.
  • Derek Riobhca 2010/10/05 17:53:00
    Derek
    +1
    It's an interesting psychological phenomenon. I was taking a course on philosophy and our teacher pointed out that everything we think was shaped by the society around us. When you really think about it, it's true, there is not one single thought on our heads that does NOT come from the outside environment.

What makes people different is the conclusions they reach analyzing these outside environments.
  • Riobhca Derek 2010/10/05 19:27:53
    Riobhca
    +1
    True. Some of us resist the brain-washing tactics of society and try to think for ourselves.
  • Ashley 2010/08/07 23:40:02
    Ashley
    I don't know either - I hate to do that and yet I do anyways (too much info?) I feel ugly if I don't what is that all about? Good question!
  • Derek Ashley 2010/08/08 00:09:15
    Derek
    +1
    You should not feel ugly! If everyone cut off their noses as a fashion statement would you feel ugly if you didn't? It's all natural! I wish I knew why society is so insane about beauty...
  • Ashley Derek 2010/08/08 00:12:46
    Ashley
    Yeah me too, the weird thing is I'm not in to fashion or what's "in style" at all... Just this instance it got me D: and for the record, fashion statement or not my nose is staying put! LOL.
  • Vieuphoria 2010/08/07 21:37:07
    Vieuphoria
    I dont think it's fair that only women shoudl shave their pubes. Men should do it too. But it's up to the female what they do.
  • Derek Vieuphoria 2010/08/08 00:09:45
    Derek
    I don't think either should, I like "naturalness".
  • Vieuphoria Derek 2010/08/08 00:15:14
    Vieuphoria
    Nah my point was, if a guy wants to demand no hair on the women he is with... he himself should get out the clippers and take to himself. Ultimatly it's up to the individual.
  • Derek Vieuphoria 2010/10/04 03:18:45
    Derek
    That's my point "up to the individual". Society should have no pressure on what people do to look sexy, especially when it involves something so personal.
  • wcpjams 2010/08/07 12:20:19
  • Mithol 2010/08/07 03:41:57
    Mithol
    +1
    I can't speak for guys, but as a girl, I prefer men to have pubic hair. Otherwise it just creeps me out. That is purely for aesthetic reasons though. Perhaps porn stars shave to avoid chafing from endless bouts of sex or kinky stuff.
  • Derek Mithol 2010/08/07 05:18:48
    Derek
    +1
    I suppose it can get uncomfortable when wearing those leopard-print thongs; but why the pressure for girls to shave when they are in a monogamous relationship?
  • Mithol Derek 2010/08/07 09:05:27
    Mithol
    I haven't heard of any pressure like that.
  • Derek Mithol 2010/08/07 21:27:58
    Derek
    Peer pressure it's sort of invisible, but still there. Few girls wear a bikini to the beach without waxing first. Again, it's not the waxing that bothers me, but the complete lack of any indication that this woman is mature.
  • docdj Derek 2010/08/25 18:08:10
    docdj
    Ever hear of breasts?
  • Derek docdj 2010/10/04 03:19:42
    Derek
    It's the combination of breasts and hair that make an adult woman sexually mature. After all, a girl going through puberty could have boobs and no hair.
  • Weegee ~ PHAET 2010/08/07 03:40:07
  • Jerry 2010/08/07 00:32:12
    Jerry
    +2
    I think girls should keep it shaved, but I'm not going into detail
  • Derek Jerry 2010/08/07 05:17:27
    Derek
    +1
    Again, why? So they look like they are sexually immature? [...]

2014/12/21 20:10:03