What do you dislike most about "Twilight"?

Kathleen O'Malley 2012/05/08 19:50:12
Related Topics: Twilight
"Dislikers"only!! PLEASE BE NICE AND RESPECT OPINIONS!

• FrozenHeart 2012/05/08 22:26:41
    Boring Bella and sparkly Edward
    FrozenHeart
    +12
    Can't stand how weak and fake Bella is. Ugh. Katniss and Herimone are much better female characters. But now that I think about any female character is better than her probaly.
    fake bella ugh katniss herimone female characters female character probaly

• sammy 2014/01/06 00:21:27
    Other
    sammy
    +3
    I hate the fact that bella got with Edward. If i was her, there is no way i would go back to him after he 1: left me in the forest. 3: dismantled my truck and three... 3: is a controlling bastard.
    Jacob actually loves Bella, they would be so good together
  • TheHushedScreamer 2012/06/06 17:03:05
    Other
    TheHushedScreamer
    +2
    I meant to click on "All of It".
    I'm sorry, but it's just a cliché story.
    I'd have to say that the thing I most hate about it all is the whole "Vampires Shine" thing. That really just pissed me off.
  • Pocahontas 2012/06/06 10:54:36
    the ending was too perfect/cliche
    Pocahontas
    +1
    The Whole Book was too perfect and cliche.
  • SafariMarti 2012/06/06 07:03:50
    All of it!
    SafariMarti
    +2
    Bella makes a terrible role model, she has little to no self esteem and her self-depreciating comments make up the half of the story that isn't about how beautiful Edward is. It's also really obvious that Bella is actually Stephanie Meyer herself. Plus its terribly written, every other word being a fancy adjective doesn't automatically make the writing good but obviously Stephanie Meyer missed the story writing lesson where they said your characters actually have to have personalities/character traits and there needs to be some development of them. Like Bella's only character trait outside of Edward is that she's clumsy and that's not a character trait and Edward's biggest flaw is that he wants to drink blood which is natural for his species. The last book too. Oh my gosh that thing it is just...so bad. I don't even understand how bad it is v.v
  • lazy panda :D 2012/06/06 06:22:30
    Other
    lazy panda :D
    It is waay too boring, and has a stupid story line.
  • Harley Quinn 2012/06/06 04:09:11
    Other
    Harley Quinn
    +2
    Edward comes off as a stalker...that's hardly romantic sounding.
  • The Potato Princess 2012/06/06 03:06:06
    All of it!
    The Potato Princess
    But most of all, the glorification of an abusive relationship.
  • DoxieDad 2012/06/06 03:05:28
    Other
    DoxieDad
    Much of the story just seemed so unbelievable.
  • Pele Emerging 2012/06/06 02:51:29
    All of it!
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Obsession is not love. I also disliked that Meyer retold the same plot with slightly different variations in each book. Jacob imprinting on a baby is pretty sick, too. In fact, the whole werewolf imprinting crap is sick, but nothing is as sick as the obsession Bella and Edward have with each other.
  • Happy 2012/06/06 02:14:01
    All of it!
    Happy
  • James 2012/06/06 02:09:57
    All of it!
    James
    I prefer the plot line to Van Helsing......
  • Katherine the Renaissance W... 2012/06/06 00:48:04
    All of it!
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +8
    All of it, and other.

Her story isn't original at all, save the idea of sparkling vampires. Meyer literally took the plots from several different classic romances and Shakespearean works, mashed it up with ideals of Mormonism and hashed out a story that's been told over and over again. When people say, "Meyer is the new Anne Rice" I want to murder someone.

Anne Rice single-handledly modernized the romanticized vampire (a feat succesfully made by Bram Stoker). Anne Rice's characters have multiple personalities, in depth conflicts, deep political and symbolic sentiment. Meyer's characters are nothing but infatuated teens who don't know how to carry a healthy relationship and their surrounding friends' condoning of that abusive relationship. Anne Rice's characters are tormented by dark secrets past and the inevitable secrets future. Meyer's characters are obsessed with puppy love and jealousy.
  • Feria~B... Katheri... 2012/06/06 02:14:21
  • Pele Em... Katheri... 2012/06/06 02:54:15
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    The funny thing is that one of the things most ridiculed--the sparkly vampires, is the one aspect I thought was at least original. I didn't mind that so much as the poor writing and the obsession. Some parts of it were downright sick.
  • Katheri... Pele Em... 2012/06/06 20:55:40
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +3
    Lol. I know. But just because something is original doesn't mean it's quality or believable.
  • Pele Em... Katheri... 2012/06/06 22:45:29
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    If the quality of the writing had been better, I think the sparkly vampires would have been better tolerated. The 'vegan' vampire idea was good, as well, but Meyer either needs a better editor or to write better. I'm sure she cries all the way to the bank that people don't think she writes well, but as a librarian, I can say that 10 years from now, libraries will be weeding Twilight and no one will care, but Harry Potter will still have a place on the shelf. Rowling's writing improved with each book she wrote, where Meyer's was the same old schlock.
  • Katheri... Pele Em... 2012/06/07 00:42:13
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +2
    :'3 You make me so proud.
  • Pele Em... Katheri... 2012/06/07 01:30:44
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    (grin) Librarians care about the books, but we especially care about the quality. I would have the Twilight books in a middle or high school library while they remained popular, but not after that. Things like Harry Potter and even The Hunger Games are quality books, well-written, with themes worth reading in the future.
  • BHGOzzy 2012/06/06 00:46:05
    Other
    BHGOzzy
    +3
    First off, the writing is poor quality. About the level of quality you'd expect from an average fanfiction. Secondly, the Mary Sue style writing seriously detracts from what little plot there actually is. Thirdly, it has been found that the Author knows nothing about the genre when a little bit of research would've done wonders for her. Playing around with a known genre is fine, but being completely ignorant of it before you start is inexcusable.

So... poorly written characters, poorly written dialogue, poorly written interactions between characters, next to no real plot and a complete ignorance of the subgenre of vampire horror. Even Anne Rice got this one better then Stephanie Mayer did. And that's my problem with the book series.

The movies? The major problem I have with THOSE are the creepy twi-tard fangirls with heads full of glitter... and their sexually desperate 40-something mothers lusting after teenage boys.
  • Katheri... BHGOzzy 2012/06/06 00:48:58
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +3
    clapping gif

I would have given you a "bowing down" gif, but your little comment about Anne Rice tugged me back up into the sitting position. lol.
  • Relay 2012/06/06 00:35:19
    Boring Bella and sparkly Edward
    Relay
    +1
    but boring Bella was very well played my boring Kirstin Stewart
    twilight funny
  • Soup Man 2012/06/06 00:26:39
    Other
    Soup Man
    sure
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/06/06 00:22:39
    Other
    Jack's Pearl
    I don't dislike it.
  • Brosia 2012/06/06 00:21:36
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/05/10 23:47:53
    Other
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    It insists on itself. Pretentious!
  • Юлия Чмелёва 2012/05/10 10:11:17
    too little action
    Юлия Чмелёва
    +2
    I understand this is feature of twilight, but i would like to see more actions, more vampire nature, maybe more blood... No, i'm ok with twilight, but my personal opinion: too much lust, too little real actions
  • Brosia Юлия Чм... 2012/06/06 00:24:00
  • Юлия Чм... Brosia 2012/06/06 12:57:02
    Юлия Чмелёва
    +1
    hahahah, totally right!) definitely NOT make a walk in a forest with that guy! lol)))
  • Ameera 2012/05/10 05:32:01
    Other
    Ameera
    dosnt work well as a movie for people that havnt read the book
  • lucythetooth 2012/05/10 02:12:29
    Boring Bella and sparkly Edward
    lucythetooth
    +6
    Buffy is a much better female lead.

zzz

And vampires aren't supposed to sparkle. That's just sick and wrong.

marsters
  • Юлия Чм... lucythe... 2012/05/10 10:17:05
    Юлия Чмелёва
    +2
    aww) buffy! i miss her...)
    buffy  funny  scream
  • Brosia lucythe... 2012/06/06 00:31:38
    Brosia
    +3
    Not to mention her taste is way better in vampires.
    angel and spike
  • lucythe... Brosia 2012/06/06 01:35:57
    lucythetooth
    +1
    I'd like to be the meat in that vampich!
  • Brosia lucythe... 2012/06/06 02:30:02
    Brosia
    +1
    Get in line, baby.
  • Dawn 2012/05/10 00:18:28
    All of it!
    Dawn
    +4
    I dislike how vampires are portrayed as sparkly. When I hear vampire I think
    eric northman
    godric older than your jesus

Instead, Twilight is edward sparkles

And Bella. Edward leaves, she tries to kill herself. NOT A GOOD MESSAGE FOR WOMEN! All she and Edward do is sit in a meadow and stare at each other. WTF kind of relationship is that? And I can't be the only one out there that thinks it's disgusting that before Jake "imprinted" (a system I think is ridiculous, as well as singers) he wanted to bang Bella. So not only does he imprint on a baby (pedophilia), but it's the daughter of the woman whom he wanted to have his wolfy babies. GROSS!

bella  hermione meme
  • Valia-chan 2012/05/09 18:27:17
    All of it!
    Valia-chan
    +1
    The characters are not strong,especially Bella.Ughh so much for the main character.Second...sparking vampires?Really?Hahahahaha Third,it really does not have a plot...o.O And lastly.it was bad in general. :p
    BUUUT,the first one,Twilight the book and movie was quite good.
  • Brosia Valia-chan 2012/06/06 00:35:49
    Brosia
    +2
    I read somewhere that they are not actually vampires, they are advanced butterflies.
  • BHGOzzy Brosia 2012/06/06 00:50:11
    BHGOzzy
    +2
    Navi
    Still a better love story then Twilight.
  • Valia-chan Brosia 2012/06/06 15:09:08
    Valia-chan
    +1
    hahahaha Lol.That was funny xD
  • LILY 2012/05/09 17:41:14
    Other
    LILY
    OMG really I dont dislike anything about Twilight I love it. So dont hate!!!

2014/09/20 16:11:22