What are your views on animal testing?

**weaselbee::StarkidJay* 2009/11/18 22:23:47
Animal Rights
38 votes
78%
11 votes
22%

You must be a member of the group Animal Rights to vote on this poll.

• Lucy 2011/11/20 00:11:01
    mine is...
    Lucy
    +3
    a life that is extended by an animal's suffering is not a life worth living.

• Nemisa Nemis 2012/07/01 20:33:43
    well...
    Nemisa Nemis
    ...that the people that do this testing should get the testing on themselves instead. Think of all the poor animals. They have never done something to harm us. Put the people that do the testing in cage and let them take the pain.!!! Stop all animal Testing and abuse.!!
  • Monster Claws 2012/01/17 23:18:33
    well...
    Monster Claws
    theyre cruel
  • Lucy 2011/11/20 00:11:01
    mine is...
    Lucy
    +3
  • Cain201... Lucy 2011/11/22 00:49:25 (edited)
  • Lucy Cain201... 2011/11/22 00:54:29
    Lucy
    +1
    THankyou Cain, but I am afraid to read it. I sometimes cannot stand to hear another atrocity. I will respect the hunter over the slaughterhouse if i have to choose. And this why i stopped eating meat 25 years ago.
  • Cain201... Lucy 2011/11/22 02:07:25 (edited)
  • Lucy Cain201... 2011/11/22 04:25:43
    Lucy
    +1
    No, you are not offending. It is so important that we let people know what really goes on behind the scenes. sometimes I think everyone should have to go to a slaughterhouse and to labs that test animals and see how they feel after that. But, Cain, I have seen great improvements for animals in 40 years and I know eventually we will look back on all this as barbaric. Keep up the good you do.
  • Cain201... Lucy 2011/11/22 04:32:11
  • Lucy Cain201... 2011/11/22 04:37:38
    Lucy
    +1
    Yes, I could live with the living in the pasture and a quick zap. It is the fear and suffering that I cannot stand; not so much death. Not everyone needs to be a vegan or a vegetarian. People who care can work on it at their own pace. It is the compassion that is so important.
  • Cain201... Lucy 2011/11/22 04:41:09
  • Lucy Cain201... 2011/11/22 04:46:30
    Lucy
    +1
    Thanks. Take care.
  • Cain201... Lucy 2011/11/22 04:47:00
  • Cain2012~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2011/11/17 03:44:17 (edited)
  • Ali 2011/11/03 20:23:08
    mine is...
    Ali
    +2
    Would make more sense and be more effective to just take cancerus tissue from a human and proceed from there. animals react differently than humans do to medical treatment, so human tissue would save the scientists a lot of money rather than buying a bunch of bunnies, killing them, buying more bunnies, and killing them endlessly.
  • Brianna Smith 2011/11/03 17:34:49
    mine is...
    Brianna Smith
    +2
    To be honest, with a bit of advancement of tech, we shouldn't even have to need it anymore. The testing is done on animals, and while we all share the same DNA, the animals themselves have a different nutritional make-up and immunities and react to it differently than humans do.

This tech I'm speaking about spurs from the stem cell research. I've heard stories of human tissue being re-grown in a petri dish; such as replacing an organ in a burn victim with her own re-grown DNA so that it matched perfectly. If this can be done, then samples of human tissue can be made for testing: so long as the cells are alive, and you can monitor their reactions to medical testing, there shouldn't even need to be a volunteer to come in and be tested on.

I have yet to research more on the subject, however, so my opinion may change after I look around some more.
  • Jessica_Dawn94 2011/11/03 16:21:24
    mine is...
    Jessica_Dawn94
    +2
    It should be illegal just for the simple fact that they are hurting and damaging these poor animals. I'm pretty sure doctors or scientists could use something other than animals to do this testing. It's animal cruelity and the people should be punished!
  • Tibby 2011/06/24 05:15:22
    mine is...
    Tibby
    +3
    It's cruel and it shouldn't be done!
  • davidl Tibby 2011/06/25 08:34:32
    davidl
    It is crueler to let people die because the medicine they need can't be modeled or is cost-prohibitive to spend a million dollars writing code that may or may not be correct

Or maybe we could use prisoners for human trials first?

Bottom line, nice thing to strive for, but give me a rhesus any day when it comes to something humans need to stay alive.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/12 14:41:30
    Ali
    +1
    no, its more cruel that billions of animals have to be TORTURED to save human life for diseases that we most likely caused ourselves. We should use prisoners like murderers for finding cures instead of giving them a painless lethal injection.
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/12 22:04:30
    davidl
    So you would rather see an innocent child die from disease rather than kill some chickens. Thank God you are in a tiny minority.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/15 01:25:39 (edited)
    Ali
    the animals are innocent as well. so you think its right to torture, burn, mutate, and finally kill a chicken or ANY INNOCENT living creature for some medicine that probably won't work like all of scientists' failures. animals have feelings. animals feel pain. animals have emotions. animals care if they are being tortured. animals get sad. animals feel depression. So why don't we put YOU in a lab and stab YOU with needles? would you still put it as "saving an innocent child" or would you want each of your torturers to suffer the way you did? Or, as i said before, we can waste the lives of NON innocent HUMANS like prisoners.
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/15 02:12:26 (edited)
    davidl
    Yes, I do, if it saves lives (Or if the animals are especially tasty, and are not endangered, and taken care of by the breeders/farmers)
    I draw the line at something like this, however.

• Ali davidl 2011/08/16 00:19:09
    Ali
    can see why it is illegal. Killing innocent babies and drowning them of all things in a vat of ommenyak (sorry if i spelled it wrong) is far beyond sick. Anyway, so you think it is better for a chicken to be burned, mutated, gored, tortured, and finally put out of its misery in a lab than a child dying peacefully in his sleep from cancer? im sorry but that sounds very sick to me.
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/16 01:27:08
    davidl
    In general, we both know that chickens are processed by machine, and a few slip by. Sure the ones that don't have their throats slit will be mutilated/gored/burned .. but that is a minority.

To be truthful, I can sleep well at night knowing this happens. It doesn't bother me in the least.

A child needlessly dying of cancer? That bothers me ... a lot. The value that a human child can give back to the human race as an adult does not compare to the value a chicken gives to the human race. Get real.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/16 22:49:41
    Ali
    +1
    human race. human race. human race. is that all you people can talk about? oh, it doesn't benifit our life, so lets just destroy it! won't that be nice? no, lets not care about the other living things on this planet WHICH IS NOT OURS IN THE FIRST PLACE and go scream and enjoy ourselves in our PERFECT human society! OH! LOOK AT THAT PERFECTLY ADORABLE LITTLE HAPPY FAMILY OF WOLVES! they aren't helping human life! want to shoot them for our own enjoyment? and if they survive put them in a lab and stab, burn, gore, and kill it for our own sick enjoyment! YAY! i love killing innocent things! were so blood-thirsty, and im so proud of myself for being so! You know, this is exactly what sick people like you are like out there. you will stop at nothing to benifit humans. i'm sorry, but i think 1000 chickens is a heck of a lot more valuable than 1 human. please, we have enough fricken people on earth. you ever thought even once about all the pain that the animals in labs go through? i would rather be a rat then be part of this human race selfishness, because that is all we are. selfish, greedy, violent, and blood-thirsty savages that only think about ourselves. why don't you think about someone else who isn't a human for a change? oh thats right, your blackened heart can't open up to anything but a human now can it? in fact, i just described your life for you, didn't i? or were you even able to understand one word of what i just typed for you?
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/16 23:10:18 (edited)
    davidl
    I understand every word you typed in, and disagree with everything except for your last sentence.

My favorite line is that you would rather be a rat then be part of the human race, followed by, "I think 1000 chickens is a heck of a lot more valuable than 1 human", followed by your repeated use of violent images.

Best laugh I got today imagining you getting your wish of being turned into a rat, and leading your army of evil chickens in a revolt to wipe mankind off the planet.

imagining killing people leading army chickens revolt destroy humanity

• Ali davidl 2011/08/18 00:49:23 (edited)
    Ali
    +1
    i never said i want to be a rat, grow up (FYI: Im a girl)! and that wasn't even the point of my whole paragraph! i actually like rats, so do us all a favor and shut up. and im not complaining JUST about chickens. its the fact that all you can think about is yourself and humans. i absolutely guarantee that you haven't even thought once about lab animals that suffer because of humans. rot in hell for all i care along with everyone else while those who actually care try to help those in the deepest need.
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/18 03:12:36 (edited)
    davidl
    You wrote, and I quote you, " i would rather be a rat then be part of this human race"

So since you don't want want to be a rat, which you prefer, then the only alternative is to no longer be part of this human race.

Are you aware of a different human race, or do you mean you want to be dead? Either way, you need some help with all of your hate for mankind.

I've thought about animals that suffer for mankind, as we use them to help find cures for cancer, paralysis, and childhood disease.

Done thinking about them. People are more important.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/18 22:43:48
    Ali
    +1
    i never said i hate the human race, i just hate what humans do. and no, i said "i would rather be a rat then be part of this human race selfishness" not humans in general. i honestly don't mind being a human, believe it or not. In fact, if idiots like you would just change your actions than i wouldn't be protesting now would i? I just don't get what's so wrong about making the guilty suffer and the innocent not. what's so wrong with using prisoners (murderers, not slight criminals) for testing? what is so dang wrong with that? Since you think you know everything surely you can explain that to me?
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/19 01:16:16
    davidl
    I will explain it to you, again ...

The constitution does not let us use prisoners for medical experimentation.

You are calling me the idiot? You are the one that sees nothing wrong with treating prisoners like the Nazis treated the Jews.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/20 23:12:58 (edited)
    Ali
    would you just listen to yourself? "You are the one that sees nothing wrong with treating prisoners like the Nazis treated the Jews." For one thing, murderers deserve to be treated like that. And second, that makes it right to make animals go through that? what makes you think they want to be treated like that anymore than the jews did? Nice new profile pic by the way.
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/21 03:10:26 (edited)
    davidl
    .. because animals have no legal rights, and humans are protected by the constitution.
    (Thanks for comments on pic, so i guess if we can't agree on animals, we're both probably anxiously awaiting next week's premier for 2nd half of season).
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/21 17:47:06
    Ali
    actually i don't really know what your pic is, besides a robotic dog, it just looks cool. and because they have no rights (right now) that means they can't feel pain? That means they want to be treated like the nazis treated the jews? really?
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/21 21:51:36
    davidl
    K-9 from Dr. Who in the 70s

Feeling pain is not the issue. The issue is the law. Also, with exceptions of some primates in controlled experiments, other animals don't even have the concept of wanting to be treated in any particular way.

Animals will avoid pain, and seek pleasure. They have no concept of time, or how they "want" to be treated. They will avoid pain, and can lean that some people give them pain, others pleasure. That is all.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/22 00:37:11 (edited)
    Ali
    oh... well its still pretty cool :)
    ok so your telling me that because they can't speak they can't feel pain? They scream and yelp, and your telling me thats pleasure? their bodies don't become numb until they are in severe pain... you ever read the call of the wild? like that when he was being beaten with a club, almost to the point where he died. so you would have to cause them very much pain to make them numb... until that point they can feel everything. just like us they can't exclude pain and only take pleasure or joy. if you are burning and goring a rat, guinea pig, chicken, etc. they can feel that up until the point of near death. so yes, they feel pain! sure we don't gas lab animals to death (though we do gas for gas uthenasia but i won't go there) like the nazis did but its still not much different. its kinda hard to avoid pain when we burn them you know.
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/22 01:41:49
    davidl
    This is 2nd time you asked about pain. Human suffering is more important. Look it is getting redundant. We aren't going to agree, and the law and constitution put human life above that of animals, so it is pointless to go on.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/23 00:07:00 (edited)
    Ali
    omg i said pain way too many times... and what suffering? cancer isnt necessarily that... ummm... hurtful... all im saying is if they have to do testing they could at least do it on things who aren't innocent... like bugs or something. i don't really care for bugs... except butterflies... i understand your point of view, all im saying is burning or goring and injections etc. is kinda pointless? can't we just use a dog or something that has cancer and go from there and try to find a cure without hurting it? is that really too much to ask? im not saying we have to stop trying to find a cure, we could at least just do it less painfully... oh whatever go back to your sodaheadness im done here... its not like you're congress or anything... you alone cant really do any more damage. whtvr im done fighting with you
  • davidl Ali 2011/08/23 03:32:23
    davidl
    Bugs? Do you really think insects (I assume you didn't literally mean the order hemiptra) can be used as effectively (or even at all) for medical needs?

Burn victims use harvested pig skin tissue, because it is so close to human skin, and it is quite effective.
  • Ali davidl 2011/08/23 20:31:13
    Ali
    no, im just saying i dont really care for bugs... thats the ONLY animal i don't care for. burn victims...? what?
  • Brianna... Ali 2011/11/03 17:38:53
    Brianna Smith
    +3
    This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Just saying.

2014/10/21 11:52:37