Were Gisele Bundchen's Super Bowl Insults Wrong?

Sports 2012/02/07 12:08:52
In case you haven't heard, the Super Bowl XLVI champions are the New York Giants, who for the second time in four years, defeated the New England Patriots in the NFL's biggest game. Regardless of that fact, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is still considered one of the all-time greats, with touchdown pass records, three Super Bowl rings, and five Super Bowl appearances overall.

That doesn't mean Brady isn't subject to some criticism though. Every great player is, especially on the biggest stage. Brady isn't the main reason the Patriots lost. It's a team game and his wide receivers dropped some catches. That prompted Brady's wife, Victoria's Secret model Gisele Bundchen, to go off her rocker after the game -- and right in front of cameras that were kind enough to record it.

"My husband can not f------ throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," Bundchen said in the video recorded by gossip website theinsider.com. We don't know about all of you, but that sounds like one angry young woman. We won't be the people that tell her Brady played different after the Giants defense hit him a few times. Is Gisele's attitude towards Tom Brady's teammates fair or foul?

• The Patriot RP 2012 2012/02/07 18:32:32
    The Patriot RP 2012
    +11
    Of course and she has a point, he can't throw and catch the ball at the same time, how many New England Patriot fans have said it after the game, Brady had a couple of mistakes but his receivers should have caught those balls, she defended him as would any fan would have done, I didn't pull for either team but I enjoyed the game and in the clutch minutes Tom Brady got the ball to the receivers but the receivers failed to deliver.

• M and Emma 2012/02/13 07:33:45
    M and Emma
    They were pretty much true, weren't they?
  • TD 2012/02/11 18:44:15
    TD
    she was upset...
  • Rose 2012/02/10 19:31:14
    Rose
    This model is truly classless! With her garbage mouth and then dissing the rest of the Patriots players. Bad enough that Tom felt bad losing at the Super Bowl, but swearing and critisizing the rest of the players was just plain rude. She should have let Tom Brady handled it himself to the media.
  • Sully Rose 2012/02/15 16:52:04
    Sully
    So, you're saying that you wouldn't defend your spouse or use the F word as an adjective and that if you do, you have no class? I hope you don't have any kids or a husband because they would be on their own according to you.
  • Rose Sully 2012/02/17 15:35:13
    Rose
    This is my personal opinion, just like you have your own. So no need to attack me because I choose another opinion.You don't know me, nor anything in my life, so lay off!! Gisele has been out in the media since a teenager, she knows how it works. There was no need to diss the other players nor swearing sorry! She has a right to defend her husband but not in such a crude manner.
  • Sully Rose 2012/02/17 16:41:17
  • Rose Sully 2012/02/18 18:51:06 (edited)
    Rose
    You're a waste of my time.
  • Sully Rose 2012/02/19 20:41:15
    Sully
    That's great, seeing as how you're a waste of writing space!!
  • mevrick 2012/02/09 18:43:21
    mevrick
    nothing wrong in defending your spouse, actually it will be weird if she hadnt
  • Max7 2012/02/09 07:21:27
    Max7
    +1
    When we win, we celebrate, when we loose it hurts, Gisele was supporting her man. If anyone was out of line, it was the heckler.
  • kgiexec 2012/02/08 19:46:58
    kgiexec
    Even if her comments were accurate, it is a team sport and you don't blame others for your teams failure. But she lives in a "me" world so the concept of "team" is probably unfamiliar to her.
  • Denis B 2012/02/08 18:15:27
    Denis B
    She is right to defend her husband and his performance. http://relationshipplaybook.c...
  • boneman1 2012/02/08 17:00:35
    boneman1
    Whether what she said was correct is not relevant. Brady has to go back and play with those guys and her big mouth creates an awkward situation for him and makes her look foolish.
  • Hugh 2012/02/08 16:37:20
    Hugh
    She would do much better with a muzzle.
  • jacktown kid 2012/02/08 15:56:24
    jacktown kid
    +2
    They are professionals they pu their hands on the football they best be catching as well
  • Beanybudd jacktow... 2012/02/08 15:57:34
    Beanybudd
    +2
    Exactly.
  • jacktow... Beanybudd 2012/02/08 16:05:05
    jacktown kid
    +2
    Thank You
  • Jill 2012/02/08 15:11:18
    Jill
    Nobody would think it odd if they hadn't been caught on camera. They were not classy and didn't do her Tommy any favors because she should know better in this age of constant invasion from cameras, etc. Somehow, I think everybody will get along just fine.
  • wamcalif 2012/02/08 14:35:14
    wamcalif
    +1
    What else can you expect from a hot blooded, Brazilian model? She'll know better when the Patriots lose next year.
  • Max7 wamcalif 2012/02/09 07:28:33
    Max7
    +1
    The heckler was out of line, and looking for an argument, he got it!
  • wamcalif Max7 2012/02/09 22:55:13
    wamcalif
    Huh?
  • Gloria 2012/02/08 14:33:48
    Gloria
    +4
    Even super models have freedom of speech.
  • Max7 Gloria 2012/02/09 07:27:17
    Max7
    +1
    Yeah, I think it's a litle bit of hating going on, after all Brady is suppose to be the wonder boy of football (that's a matter of opinion), however, the loss was a heavy blow to both Gisele and Tom. After all she was responding to a heckler, who wasn't very nice to her, so I think she responded accordingly, and to me it's understanding.
  • PortaPocketGal 2012/02/08 14:22:33
    PortaPocketGal
    +4
    she was frustrated like any normal human would be... if you or I were there in her shoes we'd probably have said the exact same thing. cut the girl some slack!
  • Of Thee I Sing... 2012/02/08 14:08:15
    Of Thee I Sing...
    +1
    all I've got to say is .......

She's Hotter!!!
    [image under review]
  • Max7 Of Thee... 2012/02/09 07:30:15
    Max7
    She sounds like a woman who don't take no mess, I say to Gisele, "You go girl."
  • SilveryRow 2012/02/08 14:00:59
    SilveryRow
    +3
    She was just letting off steam after a match in which the team she backed lost - so many people do it, it's hardly a shocker.
  • cate 2012/02/08 13:22:30
    cate
    +2
    I meant to vote NO but the computer went bonkers. She was absolutely within her rights and I give her huge respect for defending her husband!
  • Glee_ky 2012/02/08 12:35:25
    Glee_ky
    +1
    It's a team sport , you can't blame it ALL on the catchers xD
  • Vanessa 2012/02/08 09:33:30
    Vanessa
    +3
    I clicked "yes" by accident --' No, it's not wrong. She defended her husband. That's all.
  • Rocko 2012/02/08 08:57:05
    Rocko
    +2
    good god who cares !!!
  • LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/02/08 06:41:42
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +2
    Lol wrong!? She was right on the money! For one as his wife she should defend her husband and for two she was absolutely right about the dropped passes, there's no excuse for it.
  • Max7 LAAD Gu... 2012/02/09 07:33:12
    Max7
    +1
    Tom Brady has to take some of the responsibility for how he threw that ball, it wasn't one of his best passes, it was awkward. Although, I do agree with you regarding her defending her husband to a heckler.
  • LAAD Gu... Max7 2012/02/09 07:45:57
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    That doesn't matter at all, while you're right that ball wasn't thrown perfectly (I imagine you're referring to the one thrown to Wes Welker, correct me if I'm wrong) this is the NFL we're talking about and there was no excuse to drop that ball, that's usually a routine catch for Welker and her dropped it, it went right through his hands.

The way one is taught to catch a football is to form triangle by connecting your thumbs and index fingers, anytime a ball hits there, there is absolutely no excuse to drop the pass, Welker flat dropped a pretty routine pass.
  • Max7 LAAD Gu... 2012/02/09 08:03:45
    Max7
    +1
    So, you correct me if I'm wrong, what you're saying is that it's okay to slam the player who dropped the ball, but it's okay that the quarter back threw a messed up pass, is that right? The way I see it, they both messed the play up, as perfect as people want Tom to be, he makes mistakes too. It's mean spirited to accuse one and not the other, that's what you call team ball, bottom line, they lost and it's a bitter pill to swallow for them.
  • LAAD Gu... Max7 2012/02/09 08:26:16
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    While it's true that the pass wasn't perfect, quarterback is also the toughest position to play in football. So even though that pass wasn't perfect, I'm not going to criticize Brady for it. It is NOT and never has been the quarterbacks job to throw the absolute perfect ball every time, the quarterback's job IS to put the ball where the receiver can catch it every time. If the quarterback puts the football in the hands of the receiver and the ball is still dropped, the receiver gets the blame EVERY time.
  • Max7 LAAD Gu... 2012/02/09 18:29:11
    Max7
    The criticism is biased, so are you saying that the receiver deserves to be criticized, but not Brady. Bottom line they both messed up, and they lost the game. The difference between Brady and Big Ben, is that when Ben messes up, he has no problems taking the heat, or saying that he was wrong, even in crucial games. The plays that go without a hitch, are the plays that win the games. I can understand Gisele's retaliation and don't blame her for what she said. treyman see it your way!
  • LAAD Gu... Max7 2012/02/11 05:32:58
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    The bottom line, for me, is that I played football, and what I know is that I would never blame the quarterback for a dropped pass if it hit me in the hands, if a pass hits the receiver in the hands there's not excuse to drop. Don't get me wrong I understand completely what you're saying and there's nothing wrong with the way you feel about it. I'm just saying that there's no excuse for a receiver to drop a ball that hits him in the hands.
  • Kari 2012/02/08 06:07:38
    Kari
    +2
    Nah, not really. We all bitch about shaky performances from pro athletes that play for our favorite teams. She just happens to be married to the quarterback, and when she bitches about a poor performance, cameras catch everything and the whole country hears about it. I could certainly understand, though, that one could make the argument that if you are a player's wife and you want to complain about his teammates' performances, then maybe you should do it in the privacy of your own home.
  • Moonbeams 2012/02/08 05:02:51
    Moonbeams
    +2
    She was heckled by an obnoxious Giant fan, and reacted.

Sure, I would of either ignored this said person or retorted differently by not throwing his teammates under the bus, but she spoke from anger. It happens.

2014/07/28 18:30:55