Victoria Beckham Says Her Figure Represents the 'General Public': Does It?

The Big Question 2012/03/31 00:57:19
Related Topics: Victoria Beckham

• christi... Denny 2012/04/02 19:11:42
  • alex 2012/04/02 17:23:24
    alex
    i see a lot more bigguns than i do slender people.
  • NPC 2012/04/02 17:09:40
    NPC
    She looks anorexic to me ?
  • the_old_coach 2012/04/02 17:06:29
    the_old_coach
    +1
    She is fit and trim--maybe even a little bit skinny: Nope, she doesn't look like most people I see around here...says the guy who lost 60 pounds 2 years ago and has kept it off all of this time...

fat wal mart shoppers
  • imsohatred 2012/04/02 17:04:03
  • David M... imsohatred 2012/04/02 17:09:10
    David McCray
    I am a man that loves women, not the moldels but the kind you can find living next door. All she is, is eye candy, good in small amounts, too much though, will make you sick.
  • Lew Richards 2012/04/02 16:59:06
    Lew Richards
    "The GENERAL PUBLIC , she is correct MOST OF THE PUBLIC see America as being in a DEEP HOLE!! I THINK Ms BECKMAN REPRESENTS THAT VIEW!!
  • imsohatred Lew Ric... 2012/04/02 17:04:35
  • David McCray 2012/04/02 16:57:39
    David McCray
    We now know who is not in her gen. public.
  • imsohatred David M... 2012/04/02 17:04:46
  • BTU 2012/04/02 16:52:40
    BTU
    +1
    Those disagreeing are mostly the fatties. This can be recognized by the fact many (not all) of those saying NO are A) women and B) have a weight issue. Let the flames flow but America isn't the most obese country on earth by accident. We had to work years to attain our glutton status. This is the exact reason why, for the first time in our country's history, the length of our average lifespan is DECREASING. Don't blame the messenger, run your fat ass to a gym and stop shoving all that fast-food and junk food in your pie hole. Exercise, self-control and dropping the cottage cheese from your thighs and asses will go a long way. After all, if you don't watch your figure no one else will, either. And what makes an ass attractive, is lack of it!
  • imsohatred BTU 2012/04/02 17:04:52
  • Sweet-N... BTU 2012/04/02 17:19:08
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +3
    Amen! I for one am fit and trim and I am sick of being told I am not "real". I don't think the fatties even know what that means.
  • BTU Sweet-N... 2012/04/02 17:23:11
    BTU
    +1
    We need to tax the fatties extra or raise their insurance like the insurance companies do for smokers. Why should we susbsidize their right to stuff themselves with poison then have to pay higher premiums because of their gluttony?
  • Jo Sweet-N... 2012/04/02 17:44:02
    Jo
    +2
    i totally agree! that term really pisses me off; how dare anybody imply that because i wear a size 2 that I am somehow "less than" somebody that wears a size 12. I didnt do anything to be this size, and even if I did, I resent the hell out of people trying to punish me for it.
  • Sweet-N... Jo 2012/04/02 17:54:25
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +2
    Well said, I couldn't agree more. Why do people today refuse to believe that there are people in this world that are thin by nature or just never learned to eat too much? And yeah, I resent that term deeply as well. It is very hurtful and quite ironic coming from a bunch of fatties who don't want to be labelled!
  • Jo Sweet-N... 2012/04/02 17:56:38
  • Meesa Jo 2012/04/03 07:24:33
    Meesa
    LOL at the skinny people whining about how hard it is to be skinny.
    Poor poor things.
  • Jo Meesa 2012/04/03 15:39:02 (edited)
    Jo
    +2
    so you think its ok to put down skinny people but putting down the size 12's is unaceptable? apparently you're one those people that sides with the overweight, hates the skinny, and then turns around and makes a comment that shows that truly, she would rather be skinny. that green-eyed monster spends alot of time with you, huh? lol!!
  • Meesa Jo 2012/04/03 18:37:42
    Meesa
    1. I didn't say that it was okay to put down skinny people. What I said (or rather meant) is that it's absolutely absurd for ya'll to be whining, because being skinny is celebrated in society wayyyy more than its denigrated. Sure, people will poke at you occasionally, but skinny folks get admired enough to make up for the few jabs. Whining because you're skinny is like someone whining over being white or rich or both -- just dumb.

2. I definitely do not want to be skinny. I am currently a size 14, losing weight to be a 10. There's nothing wrong with being small, but anything below size 10 is too small for me...I like having boobs, a butt and some thighs. I also like cake. So no, I'm not jealous. Ya'll can be skinny allllll by yourselves LOL.
  • Jo Meesa 2012/04/03 18:54:59 (edited)
    Jo
    +1
    1) I'm not whining about it, 2) its not the skinny folks fault that you percieve them to be "celebrated" more than denigrated--dont take it out on them 3) I flucuate between a 2 and a 4 wear a 34C, and depending onthe time of the month, that sometimes goes up to a D, and no, they arent fake--I'm dieting right now because I dont care at all for having boobs that big and want them smaller. Also, my waist is 10 inches smaller than my hips, which, combined with my boobs means that although I wear a 2 or a 4, guess what? I have your celebrated curves. I'll never understand why people think you cant have an hourglass shape without being at least a size 10. An excellent example of small with beautiful curves: brooke burke
  • Meesa Jo 2012/04/03 21:09:34
    Meesa
    lol, what?
    I said that FOR ME, anything under size 10 is too small. I didn't say in general, I said for me. The girl in the picture is not what I want to look like...her waist to hip ratio is too low. She just has big boobs, and it sounds like you are like that too. And if you're happy with that, then kudos and congrats. I'm glad you're happy.

But I still think that your whining about your perceived persecution is nonsensical. I'm not taking anything out on anyone (you're actually the one who seems to be upset right now), but it is a fact that in society, skinny people are preferred to fat people.
    Of course you all don't feel that way, because everyone wants to feel like they are the underdogs, but go ahead and gain however many pounds. See if you like it better on the other side of the fence. But I bet you won'ttt.
  • Jo Meesa 2012/04/03 21:30:25
    Jo
    I've already said, my waist is 10 inches smaller than my hips; actually, I once heard that "perfect proportions" (notice I did not say SIZE) are when boobs and hips are the same and waist 10n inches smaller. I'm very happy with the curve of my hip--the differene between the waist and hip ratio is what gives the hourglass shape. and again, how is it that you construe making an obsesrvation with whining? And you STILL havent explained why you want to take digs at skinny people when its NOT THIER FAULT THAT THEY ARE PERCEIVED A CERTAIN WAY BY SOCIETY. Why take it out on them? And, no, I'm not upset--just offended.
  • Meesa Jo 2012/04/05 18:20:24
    Meesa
    Okay.
    1. You are clearly upset, typing in all caps. You need to calm down. Whatever skinny people things you've been through has nothing to do with me.

2. You heard wrong. You can have a waist ten inches smaller than your hips and not have an hourglass figure. It all depends on how those inches manifest. There's this website with pictures of regular women (I don't remember the url though), and if you poke around there, you will see what I mean. Some people have waists ten inches smaller than their hips, and they have ruler shapes. Why? Because their butts stick out behind them (adding the inches) but their hips don't flare out, which is what you need for the hourglass shape. For all I know, you could be like that. But anyway, you gotta get to know the female figure dear...it's a complicated thing. A couple of numbers don't even begin to sum it up.

3. I don't make fun of skinny people for being skinny. We are who we are. But I do make fun of skinny people who complain about being skinny. Like you. It doesn't matter if it's your fault or not, how society sees you. The bottom line is that you are seen positively by about 99% of society, so stop whining about the 1% that doesn't see you positively. It's stupid. And you were definitely whining, my dear. Definitely whining.

I'm starti...
    Okay.

I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, so this will be the last reply i make. Maybe you will eventually get it, but if you don't, then oh well...bless your skinny little heart anyway.
  • Sweet-N... Meesa 2012/04/21 20:40:39
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/02 20:43:49 (edited)
    smitty
    So are you saying that lipo, botox and boob implant are all part of the general public? victoria beckham robot boobs
  • Jo smitty 2012/04/03 18:57:16
    Jo
    +1
    nothing has been said about whatever work she may or may not have done--this is about her size in general
  • smitty Jo 2012/04/03 19:21:48 (edited)
    smitty
    No sorry. This is about her saying her size is "normal". There is nothing normal about fake boobs, nose jobs.. and other medical procedure to make yourself look a certain way.
  • Jo smitty 2012/04/03 19:41:13
    Jo
    not "normal", just fitting with the general public--something totlaly different; besides, with boob jobs and other plastic surgery options becoming so commonplace, even if that is what she meant, she's not far off the mark.
  • smitty Jo 2012/04/03 19:47:43
    smitty
    "so commonplace" That would mean that over 50% more like 75% (so commonplace) have boob jobs..

I would like to see where that stat comes from. What I could glean from a quick google search is 5% of American women have a boob job. I wouldn't call that "so commonplace"
  • Jo smitty 2012/04/03 19:48:20
    Jo
    +1
    i disagree:))
  • smitty Jo 2012/04/03 19:56:06 (edited)
    smitty
    That you are allowed to.

Be well.
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/05 00:00:38
    BTU
    +1
    Not at all, nothing in my post even remotely suggests that. BUT, there is something to be said for your question. Ever visit Los Angeles? Venice Beach? Lipo, Botox, implants and plastic surgeries are more commonplace there than Starbucks.
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/05 13:29:13
    smitty
    Nope. I have no reason to visit LA. I guess you are assume LA is normal?

Ever visit Hobokin?

Still with the lead story... I do not think her size is normal. Nothing about her is normal.
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/05 16:07:26
    BTU
    +1
    Well, to understand the California mindset one actually has to live or visit there. in California, what happens in the rest of the country is practically irrelevant. In fact, to really know what is taking place in the rest of country, Californians usually have to search it out. It's not like the rest of the states whereas simply turning on the TV one will hear about a candidate in this state or an incident in another state. Not so in California. They might as well be their own country so to answer your question, yes, your examples are quite the norm in California.

Yes, been through Hobokin, Elizabeth, Atlantic City and hunted the pine scrubs in the southern part of the states many years ago. Nothing in Jersey strikes me as "normal" but then again "normal" is quite the subjective term.

Americans have been conditioned to accept obese or overweight as normal. Although the majority of Americans are fatties with little self-control toward diet, exercise and healthy eating, being overweight is not normal. It is a health issue rampant in this country and responsible for the rest of us who do take care of ourselves subsidizing insurance premiums (much like that of smokers) with higher rates. Like smokers, fatties and the obese should be hit with a consumption tax or pay higher premiums. It's not much different from those who claim they should not be forced to pay for welfare for others through their taxes.
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/05 17:57:55
    smitty
    "Well, to understand the California mindset one actually has to live or visit there. in California, what happens in the rest of the country is practically irrelevant." As is California is irrelevant to others, except for the occasional laugh.

Maybe you just need a little reading comprehension unless of course California is the world or the whole general public.. Which in fact, I am sure northern California differs from southern California in that respect.

The whole point of the story is Victoria Beckham says her figure represents the general public. Of course the small pockets of rich people in California burning through botox is the general public.

Clearly you are out there in lala land.

Um no Americans have not. Not all Americans are fat and overweight. Clearly you love to generalize just like Ms. Beckham as evident with your California theories.

I agree fatties and the obese should be hit with the tax as well as people who want to use plastic surgery to the excess.

It is not rampant.. although it has always been an issue. It the food crap people put down their pieholes..
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/07 17:53:12
    BTU
    Yes, Northern Cal and Southern Cal are totally different environments, yet very similar in regards to what they deem as pertinent. The state pays very little attention to what occurs elsewhere. In fact, California may very well be THE model of modality for what constitutes self-sufficiency especially if the state manages the pot initiative this fall for total legalization. It will be the first state to have a huge running surplus with disposable income records. As with the medical marijuana issue, all things begin in California then spread east.

La-la land, eh? For your information, all fads, clothing trends, etc. begin in California, then make it to NY and then the rest of the country, usually within five years.

Pulling the term "rich" people out of thin air may add to your straw man argument but it doesn't have anything to do with my assertions.

As far as your denial about obesity in America, take a peek at ...
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/new...

or http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/da... or http://healthland.time.com/20... or Google "Americans overweight" for a glimpse.

The -majority- of Americans are overweight and constitute Americans as being the fattest people on earth since we are the nation with the heaviest citizens.Therefore, the logical and truthful conclusion, "Americans are fa...>

http://www.webmd.com/diet/new...

The -majority- of Americans are overweight and constitute Americans as being the fattest people on earth since we are the nation with the heaviest citizens.Therefore, the logical and truthful conclusion, "Americans are fat" can be truthfully uttered. The obesity issue IS rampant as it affects the majority of Americans (more than half). It hasn''t always been an issue> The problem can be traced to the '70s and '80s with the advent and proliferation of fast food restaurants and junk food. Of course it's what people shove down their "piehole" (as you put it) making them fat.
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/07 18:00:57 (edited)
    smitty
    Yes.. California is a model state.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/st...

http://articles.latimes.com/2...

Um sorry, most trends start overseas.. then hit NY. Not Ca.

Obesity is a worldwide problem. Unfortunately that started in the US. Also the test for Obesity are absurd.. They are not a true test. Which weighs more muscle or fat? We (the US) has been a culture of dumbing everything down. Everything has been scaled back so we can get money or include things otherwise we couldn't include.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/new...
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/07 18:15:39 (edited)
    BTU
    Not only will the deficit be wiped clean, the state will lead the U.S with surplus cash reserves if the petition is approved and actuated into law. And if the feds kept their word and left state autonomy alone Cal. would be in much better fiscal position than it is now.

Europe is way behind the U.S. in regards to youth fads (which comprise the majority of disposable income, whether theirs or their parents'). In fact, Europe, Japan, France, clamor for all (well, not literally) things American, music (hip-hop, rap), clothing (jeans, shirts, shoes), culture, etc. Americans made blue jeans constitute a world-wide demand among youth. Designer jeans, T-Shirts with slogans, American sneakers ... just a small example of things in demand world-wide. The only major trend to begin in NY the past few generations was punk rock, and THAT is your example of one which began overseas and then came to our shores. Everything else, dress, music, culture, begins in California, even the fads that begin in Europe. Why? Simple. California has twice the number of European immigrants than NY (http://www.livescience.com/6... California ... always has, always will.
  • BTU BTU 2012/04/07 18:16:56

2014/09/30 12:09:39