Twilight vs. Hunger Games: Which has the better heroine?

Kyle 2012/03/18 18:43:45
Hunger Games
Twiglight

• Valia-chan 2012/03/18 19:01:56
    Hunger Games
    Valia-chan
    +8
    Katniss duh.She's a strong character who doesn't depend on a boy.Who doesn't give up just because her boyfriend leaves.Bella is weak,pathetic and a cry-baby.Katniss is strong,determined and amazing.

• Emma Watson <3 2012/05/07 20:42:16
    Hunger Games
    Emma Watson <3
    How dare you call Bella a 'heroine?'
    She's the most pathetic excuse for a female icon I've ever seen.
  • Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan... 2012/04/12 00:21:41
    Hunger Games
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    Don't get me wrong, but I didn't know Bella was considered a heroine.
  • SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duc... 2012/04/10 05:51:12 (edited)
    Hunger Games
    SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duchess]
    +1
    I haven't seen or read Hunger Games, and I've tortured myself with two of the Twilight movies. From that alone, I can say that Katniss is a better heroine than Bella.
    From what I understand, she sacrifices what she has to be a participant in game and actually fights for her survival. I don't know if there is some romance in the story, but I'm guessing she's not a damsel in distress in the need of a male savior, like Bella is.
    There are so many things wrong with Twilight. As an aspiring filmmaker, Twilight is the polar opposite of inspirational.

Edit:
    For those who chose Twilight/Bella, what are your reasons. I see your choice, but no explanation. I see plenty of reasons for Hunger Games/Katniss. What possible reason do you have to think Bella is a better HEROINE than Katniss? I would REALLY like to know.

Oh and here is the definition of a heroine:
    a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities.

Doesn't sound like Bella Swan to me...
  • Writer of dreams 2012/04/09 23:38:28
    Hunger Games
    Writer of dreams
    +3
    Let's do a little comparison first.
    Katniss Everdeen: Can take care of herself. Fights for her family. Doesn't need a boy to help her. Hell, she saves Peeta.
    Bella Swan: The basic Mary Sue.
    Do the math.
  • birdie1224 2012/04/09 22:42:00
    Hunger Games
    birdie1224
    I love both series but katiness by far is the better heroine
  • ♥SHORTY♥ 2012/04/09 22:36:37
    Hunger Games
    ♥SHORTY♥
  • Xitlalilolly 2012/04/09 22:31:07
    Hunger Games
    Xitlalilolly
    +2
    i love both but im going to go with katniss cuz she sacrifised herself for her sister and peeta!! she's a HERO!!
  • Limeh 2012/04/09 21:54:12
    Hunger Games
    Limeh
    +1
    they don't even fall under the same category! can't even compare the two!
  • Barbie 2012/03/23 07:44:08
    Twiglight
    Barbie
    Twilight
  • Cloaked_In_Darkness 2012/03/22 08:25:44
  • idk 2012/03/22 00:39:37
    Hunger Games
    idk
    twilight sucks -.-
  • <3 stephanie_blank <3 2012/03/21 13:17:26
    Hunger Games
    <3 stephanie_blank <3
    i feel like it would
  • Hunger Games
    ϟ Emma ϟ_♥loves♥supernatural♥
    +3
    hunger games is about real life. how you have to survive and not let anything get you down. how you have to try and try again. its about real friendship and love..love not only your 'boyfriend' but your family too. it is even about how you have to be strong even if you lose one of your family members. except that it is about how life can be cruel and unfair. the rich side, and the poor side. about humanity and how some people having fun by hurting others. its a message for all of us.
    twilight is just a fairy tale -> literally!
  • SamTheS... ϟ Emma ... 2012/04/10 05:58:56
    SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duchess]
    +1
    The worst fairy tale ever written.
  • KATniss 2012/03/19 22:27:31 (edited)
    Hunger Games
    KATniss
    +6
    hunger games: survival, death and life, love and hate, friends and love, care and do anything about your family, politics, television, SO many meanings, story, characters, agony and unpredictable plot.
    twilight: boyfriends, buy expensive things, be beautiful, don't care about anyone else but your boyfriend, do NOT EVER listen to others. boring story and NOT for 4 books -.- i can't even remember the end where the Volturi have to come, and i'm like "we are going to have a fight or something!" but NOOOO, NEVER! they say "oh it's ok!" -.- then why wait?? make a phone call for god's sake, we are living in the 21st century!-.-
  • William Day 2012/03/19 21:57:20
    Hunger Games
    William Day
    +2
    Read both series' to completion, Katniss all the way.
  • SavingPeopleHuntingThings 2012/03/19 20:14:39
    Twiglight
    SavingPeopleHuntingThings
    twilight all the way
    i'm in love with it
  • Hunger Games
    ~♠♀She-Ninja-PandasaurusRex♀♠~
    +2
    Bella is insecure and needy. She puts herself in danger constantly just because she wanted to see Edward. She's a terrible heroine and role model. Katniss, on the other hand, is strong, independent, self-sufficient, and loyal. She volunteered as tribute to take the place of her sister, knowing full well that she probably wasn't going to live.
  • Sprout 2012/03/19 12:27:15
    Twiglight
    Sprout
    I'm a huge TWILIGHT fan I do love both tho
  • Missa Monstrosity 2012/03/19 04:08:39
    Hunger Games
    Missa Monstrosity
    +1
    don't even compare those two! Katniss wins and twilight is a crap book.and movie. and Jennifer Lawrence is amazingly talented <3
  • Níl mé leat 2012/03/19 03:43:41
    Hunger Games
    Níl mé leat
    +2
    At first you might wonder how someone who had to fight to the death could be better heroine or even role model than an average-emo-teenager but Katniss didn't want to kill anyone really and everything she did was all for the better good of her family and Peeta. She risked her very life and fought for others. Katniss had flaws when it came to interacting with people and even her mom but she worked on it. She was a rebel, an underdog and she worked hard and came out victorious.
    Bella stood around while all the supernatural people did all the work and everyone loved instantly for no reason other than she was pretty. Oh...and she gave birth, I don't want to down play the miracle of birth and how hard it can be on some women but that really was her only accomplishment. While I can totally give her praise for fighting for her child all the other things she failed to do in the books overshadow this one thing.
  • James Daggett 2012/03/19 03:15:28
    Hunger Games
    James Daggett
    +1
    We ALL know that Katniss is way more bad-ass than whoever the heck is the heroine in Twilight.
  • Phil 2012/03/19 02:38:22
    Hunger Games
    Phil
    +1
    Hunger games has a tough chick who kicks ass. Twilight has a whimpy chicks whos a dumb ass.
  • Amethyst Hearts 2012/03/19 01:06:05
    Hunger Games
    Amethyst Hearts
    +2
    So not something Twilight can compete with.
    Katniss is strong and brave, unlike Bella who doesnt do anything.
    The show has action, romance, drama, and some comedy. Its easier to relate.
    . Katniss from Hunger Games

Hunger Games poster
  • Gupriela 2012/03/19 00:42:15
    Hunger Games
    Gupriela
    +2
    Katniss, but it is obvious because Bella is a whiny bitch who constantly bitches over how UNFAIR her life is!
  • SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPengu... 2012/03/19 00:21:05
    Hunger Games
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin 平和
    +2
    by far.
  • Soot The Fallen 2012/03/18 23:42:32
    Hunger Games
    Soot The Fallen
    +2
    Never have and never will read the sparkling vampire saga.
  • Merry 2012/03/18 23:32:55
    Hunger Games
    Merry
    +3
    I've never read The Hunger Games, but it just wins by default.
  • Cierra 2012/03/18 23:25:39
    Twiglight
    Cierra
    +2
    I wish there was a button for both because I love both. It's hard for me to decide because they're both soooo diffrent. Twilight and Hunger Games are polar opposites so it's really hard for me to make a decision. So even though I said Twilight, My real answer is BOTH.
    Twilight
    Hunger games poster
  • Justin.Long 2012/03/18 23:04:12
    Hunger Games
    Justin.Long
    +1
    One is a honed huntress who even in the dangerous of moments show no fear the other dates a sequened vampire
  • Tentimesinfinity 2012/03/18 22:57:15
    Hunger Games
    Tentimesinfinity
    +2
    What do you think?
  • ButterbeerMe 2012/03/18 22:52:19
    Hunger Games
    ButterbeerMe
    +2
    Good lord, no competition here. I haven't even read The Hunger Games yet, but from what I've read about Katniss Everdeen, she's basically a badass who doesn't let romance and guys dictate how she lives or get in the way of her goals. Bella completely shut down and basically tried to kill herself when Edward (who she had only been dating for 6 months at that point) broke up with her. And she's extremely whiny, and never did anything to deserve being called a "heroine".
  • Farnsworth 2012/03/18 22:36:17
    Hunger Games
    Farnsworth
    +2
    I'll take Katniss...didn't read twilight, drivel doesn't interest me.
  • ∞Hailey∞ 2012/03/18 22:23:22
    Hunger Games
    ∞Hailey∞
    +2
    It's better xD
  • tatilee(: 2012/03/18 22:21:49
    Hunger Games
    tatilee(:
    +3
    Is this a joke? Katniss fights for survival, and fights with all she has to protect her love ones. And Bella..... Well she just sits there while everybody else kills themselves to keep her alive
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/03/18 22:21:14
    Hunger Games
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    I don't even think of Bella as any sort of heroine. She more has hero types around her. Katiness is a hero. She's amazing!
  • MC-CierraMist 2012/03/18 22:04:03
    Hunger Games
    MC-CierraMist
    +2
    most definitively
  • being me 2012/03/18 21:39:09
    Hunger Games
    being me
    +2
    Even though I like the twilight series books and movies, I still prefer hunger games.
  • faith <3 2012/03/18 21:23:09
    Hunger Games
    faith <3
    +5
    Katniss is a strong independent girl who provides for her family and friends.
    Bella is just a pathetic b*tch.

bella and katniss
  • Cinna 2012/03/18 21:00:40
    Hunger Games
    Cinna
    +2
    Obviously.

2014/12/22 10:00:44