True Blood vs Vampire Diaries: Which is your favorite?

Twilight HQ 2009/08/19 00:10:26
True Blood
Vampire Diaries
Twilight fans need to get their vampire fix somewhere and True Blood and The Vampire Diaries just might do the trick. True Blood is an HBO hit among older vampire addicts and this fall's CW drama The Vampire Diaries claims it can take a bite out of Twilight's audience.

The vampire / human relationship premise is similar across the board, but whose blood have you developed a thirst for?

• Jessica 2011/11/26 01:51:09 (edited)
    Vampire Diaries
    Jessica
    +7
    Take it from someone who's watched most of both True Blood and Vampire Diaries that have been made, Vampire Diaries all the way!! While True Blood is entertaining and the characters are quite quirky and intriguing, Vampire Diaries (particularly season 2) becomes very unpredictable and non derivative. I have noticed that a lot of people dismiss VDs as being a teen drama in the first few episodes, but I gave it a chance and it became totally addictive. I challenge anyone to watch season 2 and not become addicted! Damon and Elainor for the win!

• algunia50 2014/07/19 10:51:10
    True Blood
    algunia50
    It is amazing movie ;D
    I ♥ it :P
  • brayan 2014/07/17 06:32:53
    True Blood
    brayan
    Of course VD would have more votes online, adults are too busy to go through websites and cast their votes but anyone who looks beyond teen obsession with beautiful figure and more at the big picture, TB obviously is the better of the two, the acting, the story, the antagonists, the creativity, and the "relate-ability" to social issues from civil rights to internal conflict. Its an all-in-one package with true blood. NO BRAINER ...... If you look beyond the never ending sex scenes and nudity.
  • Ty98ink . 2013/12/22 14:21:32 (edited)
  • Daniela 2013/08/23 13:44:29
    True Blood
    Daniela
    The truth is that most of the people that say that they don't like True Blood is because they are teens and like all of that teenage drama, school and romance and stuff....they want to relate to that somehow. When you're watching TB you're watching blood, death, sex scenes and extreme violence, instead of teenagers still deciding if they like boys or girls :S ! I prefer TB just because of all that violence, that's what the vampires are all about, not that romance that we see on TVD. Come on, it's time to end that love triangle, makes me sick...plus Sookie is more badass, all Elena does is cry....! The actors are way better and the storyline too. And the villans are way better, you can't compare Klaus to Russel. Never! True Blood rules!
  • dhl2412 2013/08/13 12:46:35
    Vampire Diaries
    dhl2412
    I pick Vampire Diaries, simply because I'm the type of person that NEVER watches any shows at all but I saw TVD once on TV and got hooked, since then i actually started watching shows, and the appearance of hot boys were one reason but i was honestly interested in the way the show digested the whole supernatural rules, it wasn't too complicated, like a lot of other shows that i've seen. And I LOVE THE RELATIONSHIPS, TVD has this magic that works ANY weird relationship, break ups turns into chances of hooking up with others and those chances were UNBELIEVABLE and I LOVED IT <<<3333
  • Jazzy 2013/06/11 04:37:40
    True Blood
    Jazzy
    +1
    I vote True Blood they know when to drop the whole love triangle thing oh my god TVD should give that plot line a rest! but they have to keep it going for teens who live for that stuff. Also true blood is more realistic with the whole authority stuff in relation to vampire society vs the originals. I mean what keeps vampires in TVD acting out like the vamps in true blood? sure most vamps cant walk out in the sun like the selected few in tvd but what keeps the rest of the vamps in that world under check? At least in true blood the vamps in that world are kept under control by their own society/by the authority. Also TVD is too innocent for me they don't ever go into depth about the darkness of the vampire, but then again they arent classical vampires. True blood mainly sticks to the classical aspects of vampirism which i love the violence and depth of it all is great and theres never a dull episode. I love both shows but then again i just watch tvd for the originals since they are the darker vampires in that show( Cant wait for the originals to air!) but yeah true blood is the better show it has the crazy insane drama that you crave for.
  • Stavros... Jazzy 2013/07/05 08:00:53
    StavrosTopkas
    +2
    Dude,you have no idea what classical vampires are like.....
  • brayan Stavros... 2014/07/17 06:40:30
    brayan
    +2
    thats why TB is more innovative
  • KC 2013/05/19 22:41:03
  • Splashstorm 2012/11/08 23:32:47
    Vampire Diaries
    Splashstorm
    +1
    Never seen true blood but Damon is hot!
  • 2012/10/06 23:12:34
    Vampire Diaries
    +2
    I think vampire diaries is WAYYYYY better then true blood ;) people can say what they want about vd, but still, it's an amazing show! I'm not saying that true blood is bad, it's actually pretty good, but vd is AWESOME!!! And for all the TVD fans, here comes a really great facebook page: http://facebook.com/katpiercetvd !!!
  • ElikaEK 2012/08/29 18:38:43
    Vampire Diaries
    ElikaEK
    +2
    VD FOREVER!!!!! Man I love that show!
  • Katie 2012/07/26 04:25:31
    True Blood
    Katie
    +1
    i LOVE both tvd and tb but if i had to choose it would be tb because tb has more violence and thats something thats really important in a vamp show. other then the violence im pretty much tied on the tb vs tvd. i LOVE the originals idea in tvd and caroline is def one of my fav vamps ever!!! with tb i LOVE the bill/sookie relationship and i think ryan kwanten is one of the most talented actors ever!!! i cant wait for tvd season 4 and am loving every moment of tb season 5.
  • Bloody ... Katie 2012/10/27 18:12:16
    Bloody Steve
    You know what???I agree with you SOMEHOW...I prefer VD sooo much more but I would love to see more violence and vamp fights in it ;)
  • Katja 2012/07/10 09:33:55
    True Blood
    Katja
    +1
    sookie and elena,eric and damon,bill- stefan,elena's btorher,sookies brother,the woods..etc...and the death of sookie's parents,and the death of elena's parents are both at first related with flood/water,and then turns out...too much resemblance. I prefer true blood,the story itself is a little nastier,deeper,VD is more like highschool thing..too innocent for me...XD lol
  • Bloody ... Katja 2012/10/27 18:13:33
    Bloody Steve
    +1
    I see your point!!!I prefer VD for sure but I'd love it more less if it was less inoccent
  • Judie Hill 2012/07/07 12:30:32
    Vampire Diaries
    Judie Hill
    +1
    I was looking for something to pass the time till next twilight and found VD and totally loved the complexity of the plots... My sister was like "lets watch TL" and this time round I found it "without"... at some point in time you love and hate each VD character- you think its going to go one way and it totally goes in a different direction. The girls stand up for themselves- which I love... I tried to give TB a go; but found it grotty... tho I liked the tangent that the vamps were unable to touch silver and were as much preyed upon by thrill-seeking humans as they were predators.
  • dasopew 2012/06/27 23:29:12
    Vampire Diaries
    dasopew
    +3
    I've watched 12 episodes of True Blood because I needed a good vampire show after finished TVD......
    So far, I find it extremely slow. The bad southern accents also annoy me a lot.
    The thing I liked about TVD is that the plot moves extremely fast and there are so many plot twists and REAL cliffhangers.
  • true rippah 2012/06/14 20:25:10
    Vampire Diaries
    true rippah
    +3
    I watched both the vampire diaries and true blood, and both are good Tv shows,but what makes the VD beats TB is the story line, the former's developing lot of twists with human sides which make it more realistic and genuine, otherwise the TB's reaching its fifth season but no progression, it holds so much gore, blood, steamy scenes but no genuinity.
  • Bloody ... true ri... 2012/10/27 18:14:32
    Bloody Steve
    +1
    The exact view like me ;) thnx for ur vote
  • dior acuzar 2012/06/14 08:55:39
    Vampire Diaries
    dior acuzar
    +2
    VAMPIRE DIARIES ALL THE WAY. NOT EVEN WORTH COMPARING. LIKE SERIOUSLY. LET’S GET REAL.
  • Jody Schmidt 2012/06/09 10:37:34
    True Blood
    Jody Schmidt
    It's not even close. The Vampire Diaries is essentially rubbish. True Blood is stunning.
  • Samantha.One.Deep 2012/05/17 05:45:32
    Vampire Diaries
    Samantha.One.Deep
    +1
    Honestly The story line is better the characters are much more better looking! I like the fact that its not all about sex like true blood is. But VD could use more sex scenes, Honestly I think way to many votes are chosen based on TB's sex sceens, It's not all about sex. But i try to look past that. Plus come on now Bill is UGLLLYYYY
  • Katja Samanth... 2012/07/10 09:46:28
    Katja
    +3
    yep bill is ugly...:) but it is not all in the look either,isn't it? I respect your opinion,and agree that it's not all about sex,but don't you think,really, that TB story is more original,like the accent,southern trashy look,the relation between vampires and their progenies/makers...?VD is too cleansed,like the prefect looking people,with no flaws... I like both stories,only thing that makes me choose TB over VD is that. and btw,I like Damon as much as Eric ;)
  • siriwan Panich 2012/05/16 11:50:15
    Vampire Diaries
    siriwan Panich
    +1
    Actually i love both but i love stefan and demon 555+ they good charactor and good look (^_^)
  • dhl2412 siriwan... 2013/08/13 12:50:02
    dhl2412
    +1
    Damon*, thats how u spell the hottie vamp's name ;]
  • instinct46 2012/05/13 17:35:26
    Vampire Diaries
    instinct46
    I properly haven't given True Blood enough time, I watched the first five episodes and couldn't get into it. Vampire Diaries had me hooked from the get go, and the story plot is just getting better with each season.
  • chbasshead 2012/05/08 21:50:08
    True Blood
    chbasshead
    +1
    The only reason why Vampire Diaries has more votes is because it's a regular TV show whereas True Blood broadcasts on a strictly cable network, HBO, where it may not be accessible to some.This also takes in effect the demographic (much younger audiences watch VD over TB simply because TB is more geared towards adults). But hands down, True Blood is a MUCH better show. I find Vampire Diaries to be very fake and tweenie, with the horrible soundtrack and debased average teenage cast, yuck.
  • Katja chbasshead 2012/07/10 09:52:29
    Katja
    +3
    so agree with you.
  • dhl2412 chbasshead 2013/08/13 13:01:29 (edited)
    dhl2412
    +3
    Most of the voters on this site MUST have at least thought of trying a few episodes of True Blood before voting, and if you're on the internet, searching up ANY website that could access a popular show isn't hard at all. And the demographics HAS of course been logically figured out by the producers of the show, and so they're the one choosing which audience to satisfy, knowing the risk of losing others. And when they've made their decisions, it shows that they WANT their show to be this popular, also knowing that younger audiences, like you said would rather choose other rivaled shows. It's a fact that younger teens are the most common audience to shows these days and you stated your self that, so TVD being more popular is also inarguable, that also explain the difference between people's taste, you HATE TVD, but most people that watches both shows, likes TVD, proves the votes.
  • ryan 2012/03/05 23:42:48
    Vampire Diaries
    ryan
    vampire diaries is the best so far, i have not missed an episode yet it has to be the best vampire program i have ever watched, with true blood i really cudnt get into it
  • Krista 2012/01/03 03:43:57
    Vampire Diaries
    Krista
    +6
    I have watched both shows since they first aired but if I had to choose my favorite it would be Vampire Diaries. All of you saying that it's a teen show obviously haven't watched enough of it or want nothing more than sex scenes & nudity. Yes, True Blood has lots of gore, sex, nudity and a bigger budget but to me that isn't what makes one show better than the other. Look at how cheap the budget for the movie Halloween was, yet it became a huge hit! It's all in the story line and, to me, what makes VD beat TB is that fact that after EVERY episode you are left counting down the days until the next episode because it's story line keeps you wondering and guessing what's to come. Unfortunately, TB did not capture that this past season and I found myself forgetting about the show some weeks. True Blood just isn't drawing the viewer in and creating enough suspense like it did in the beginning. It's becoming less and less addicting while Vampire Diaries is becoming more and more addicting!
  • 2011/12/24 00:22:49 (edited)
    Vampire Diaries
    +2
    Vamp Diaries is awesome, whoever said it was predictable earlier obviously have not watched it. although i have not given True Blood a chance, i watched one or two episodes and felt it was a little cheesy? like the fangs etc compared to TVD, but that might be because iv not given it a chance yet. i plan to but never get round to it after watching TVD

Just one more thing if your looking for another series to watch, i really cant stress how awesome Spartacus - Blood and Sand, & Gods of the Arena are! a must watch! B&S; season 2 will be starting in Jan 2012, Gods of the arena is a set before B&S; but you should watch B&S; first to avoid spoilers as its the correct order.
  • mortenhillebertbay 2011/12/15 20:41:22
    True Blood
    mortenhillebertbay
    +1
    I must say that I might have been too quick to dismiss "The Vampire Diaries" entirely. When that has been said, however, "True Blood" is by far the most intriguing premise and ultimately the better show.
  • Franchezca 2011/11/28 12:22:29
    Vampire Diaries
    Franchezca
    +4
    I have watched TB ever since the first air of season 1 and am still watching it continuosly till now. I was so addicted to TB. Then i heard about VD which was just a few weeks ago. I never really got excited about it at first and the first few eps weren't great but as i watched it more i found it hard to stop. I'm obsessed with VD. TB was thrilling to me maybe because of the adult scenes but VD was something else. It really touched my heart especially damon and elena....The plot is more interesting too. Vampire Diaries all the way..:)
  • VavegaTunufai 2011/11/28 10:58:58
    Vampire Diaries
    VavegaTunufai
    +6
    Vampire diaries is much better.
  • Jessica 2011/11/26 01:51:09 (edited)
    Vampire Diaries
    Jessica
    +7
  • Jody Sc... Jessica 2012/06/09 10:34:31
    Jody Schmidt
    +4
    Non-derivative? The Vampire Diaries is horribly derivative. True Blood is 1000x better on evern level.
  • LTJet 2011/11/05 05:31:21
    Vampire Diaries
    LTJet
    +5
    I'm from Oz and I've now seen both and the verdict is Vampire diaries hands down... Sorry but for a team that supposedly has a bigger budget it seems to be made so cheaply... It's completely redneck and also if I wanted porn there is plenty all over the net there's no need to mix it with blood unless that kind of thing turns you on...

I can't get into True blood. It is just too unrealistic that you can't relate to anything other than the relationships. The first episodes I watched of VD on the other hand were near the end of season 2 on channel go at 2AM and I got so hooked that I stayed up until about 7AM to watch all the episodes that were airing.

If that isn't enough you then have the pain of watching Sookie who is so bloody annoying as well as the poor acting across the board!
  • Dame LTJet 2013/06/07 15:01:42
    Dame
    +2
    I would much rather deal with sookie than elaina...i really like both shows im not choosing sides but i mean really everybody she knows dies because of her and her acting is also not that great

2014/09/02 23:40:36