TOS Enterprise versus reboot Enterprise

Katherine 2012/07/04 15:24:48
Star Trek
The Original Series Enterprise
3 votes
60%
The 2009 movie Enteprise
2 votes
40%
Which do you think is better?

The 2009 movie Enterprise above
The Original Series Enterprise below

You must be a member of the group Star Trek to vote on this poll.

• Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/07/06 02:30:00
    The Original Series Enterprise
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +4
    The original and still the best.
  • JackoClubs 2012/07/05 20:53:16 (edited)
    The Original Series Enterprise
    JackoClubs
    +4

I am a purist; though I understand the logic they used in the plot, they totally screwed up the franchise with this unnecessary "re-boot".
    It was written, acted and directed by people who have little to no respect for the show or, as we have come to learn, its vast, long-established fan base.
    And the argument I've seen, that "the Orignal Series timeline still exists on another temporal plane" is crap. I mean, as we've seen in episodes like "City on the Edge of Forever" and "Tomorrow is Yesterday", "Yesterday's Enetrprise", etc., and even in movies like "Back to the Future", the exsting timeline is utterly destroyed by the interference, unless steps are taken to restore it (all of which, physics tells us, is impossible, of course; but you know what I mean).
    Even if the timeline had been destroyed, would it have changed less-important things like the material Starfleet uniforms are made of? The design specs of weapons, communicators and tricorders, and the Constitution-class Starship?
    No; all of that would have remained unchanged. And there's no reason any of it should have changed; no reason the producers couldn't have been true to the original, Wah Chang-designed props and the William Theiss costumes from the 60s, except to give the series a "new look".
    And the new shiny, silve...
    Original Enterprise
    And the new shiny, silver phasers looked stupid, by the way; like something Captain Video would have used, rather than Captain Kirk, with the more realistic-looking weapon.
  • Katherine JackoClubs 2012/07/05 21:25:37 (edited)
    Katherine
    +3
    I see your point with the re-boot uniform but I believe they were trying to give them an updated look for the next generation however the new Enterprise looks really strange; shiny silver and the strangely shaped Nacelles.However about the timeline; this is science fiction and one of the amazing things about science fiction is that anything is possible.
    \v/

shiny silver strangely shaped nacelles timeline science fiction science fiction
  • JackoClubs Katherine 2012/07/05 21:30:32
    JackoClubs
    +2
    Yeah, I get all that. I just don't have to like it.
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/07/05 07:47:41
    The Original Series Enterprise
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +3
    The old Enterprise is a classic; the new one is just generic for me.

2014/10/23 11:11:42