They only apologized because they got caught other wise am 100% positive they would do it again.. do you think there might have been an uproar if it had been a decaped head of Obama??

iamnothere 2012/06/14 17:40:02
By FOX News fox newsnbsp

HBO has apologized for using a model head of former President George W. Bush in a grisly decapitation scene for its hit drama "Game of Thrones."

The tenth episode of the first season of "Game of Thrones," now out on DVD, features the younger Bush's head on a stake. Commentary on the DVD notes that his head appears in a "couple of beheading scenes."

The show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss stated that George W. Bush's was used as physical inspiration to create a head for a scene in which King Joffrey shows Sansa Stark her deceased father's head on a stick.

"It's not a choice, not a political statement!" one of the writers insisted during the DVD commentary. "We just had to use what heads we had around."

HBO did not respond to FOXNews.com's request for comment, but as outrage mounted Wednesday, the network released a statement saying they were "deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste." HBO also said the scene would be removed from future DVD pressings.

The producers also attempted to explain the incident.

"We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc. We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk," their statement read.

"After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush. In the DVD commentary, we mentioned this, though we should not have. We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise."

• Iamfree 2012/06/15 18:57:30
    Iamfree
    +1
    If anyone thinks this wasn't done on purpose, they are smoking some wacky weed. I haven't watched HBO in two decades.
  • dlsofsetx 2012/06/15 00:41:31
    dlsofsetx
    +2
    If Obama's likeness had been used,HBO would not have aired the program.
  • Schläue~© 2012/06/14 18:45:44
    Schläue~©
    +2
    "We just had to use what heads we had around. ...... We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, .... "

WHAT? ...... HBO is so poor they cannot afford their own props? They can't accomplish what Mythbusters does on a per episode basis?
    Gosh, they have so many heads in one scene that the camera just happened to select that one for the close-up?

Let this be ANOTHER reason I haven't watched anything from HBO since the 90's.
  • iamnothere Schläue~© 2012/06/15 00:42:08
    iamnothere
    +1
    laughing that is why anything that has to do with time hbo or any of that group including CNN is off my radar entirely
  • Mehuldera 2012/06/14 17:51:25
    Mehuldera
    +1
    So what's going to happen to the people who made it and put it on the film??? If it had been the other way around, I can GAURANTEE the left would be LOUDLY demanding that heads roll.....pun intended.
  • Stryder 2012/06/14 17:50:55
    Stryder
    +2
    It's a shame because I love the show. Can't they just one time not ruin a good thing by injecting their leftwing politics into it? Apparently not.
  • Iamfree Stryder 2012/06/15 18:59:51
    Iamfree
    +2
    No, it's second nature to them. They just can't help themselves. And often, they suffer for it economically. It just isn't really a good idea to anger 50% of your audience. I haven't watched a Julia Roberts film for years, since she declared that Republican falls between repugnant and repulsive in the dictionary. I'm probably not the only once since her career has declined somewhat in recent years.
  • iamnothere Iamfree 2012/06/16 01:35:53
    iamnothere
    +1
    can you say Opra
    +1
    You can almost hear the prop guys laughing as they did this - can you imagine the howl if some dared to use a prop that looked like Obama or any other democrat. Disgusting
  • Stryder Jackie ... 2012/06/14 17:52:00
    Stryder
    +2
    This is a British-made series. I wonder how they'd feel if it was done using Prince Charles or the Queen's heads?
  • Jackie ... Stryder 2012/06/14 17:55:33
    +2
    Precisely - same reaction I expect but we are their audience on this program so it was aimed here I think
  • Striker 2012/06/14 17:48:36
    Striker
    +1
    I think you got it right, iamnothere!

2014/09/03 02:54:56