Warning, this is gonna be long. I'm of a very strong opinion on this topic. I'll start with counter points to these 7 things:

7: I agree with them that GL wasn't the worst movie of all time. I think generally the casting was well done and that the special effects and "world" they created - aside from not having any feeling for Coast City - were pretty good. A few tweaks to the script and character could have improved this film. So for that reason I think rebooting would be a waste of time. Reynolds is a fine Jordan. By adopting him into the JLA series you can tweak the few mistakes (like going to a real world costume) and deal with the character in the JLA context. That would allow the ability to return to the franchise with some distance, some new sheen and a shot to do a sequel that far passes the original. Mainly I don't want to lose Reynolds, the guy playing Sinestro and the possiblity of Blake Lively as Star Sapphire.

6: Completely agree. And this may be a set up for things to come on this list but a few solo movies would do the JLA film good. Wonder Woman is a for sure and they should have Gina Carano in the lead. Don't stray from the character. Hell, if you can't get a script together then just steal the plot from the DC Animated film.

5: This is a hu...

5: This is a huge mistake. Any reboot this soon after the Nolan franchise is set up for failure. Which is why DC and WB should view JLA films as a means to feature Batman without having to reboot him. They get a decade of still making money off him, just in a new project while time passes before another reboot. JLA films should be more about the characters in costume and their interactions rather than the secret identities. Batman should in the context of a JLA film be a mystery. And while we know his backstory to a large degree, the audience could still share in the mystery the team should feel since its a fresh character while still having the comfort of generally knowing Batman and not needing indivdual films.

4: Told you. And I completely agree again. If they do a five man JLA film they should use Reynolds and a new Batman without doing any more solo films for either. I assume they'll tie in Man of Steel and thats already coming out. So that leaves the aforementioned Wonder Woman and Flash that should get lead in solo films. Even if they do a seven man team few other characters warrant their own film, beyond cameos. Maybe Aquaman though I think like GL you could do JLA first and then go to an individual series. Given the nature of the character I'm shocked they haven't made this film already. My pick? Neil Patrick Harris.

3: I think this is less important than plainly hiring a DC film czar. I don't think the guy directing JLA has to be that guy. But there should be a guy/girl/small group that coordinates everything plot wise and helps suggest additions to films that tie the whole universe together.

2: I think this is more important than three but not of utmost importance. I don't think Branaugh is a regular comic book reader and Thor is one of the best comic films to this point and I'm not sure Nolan was either. What they need is a passionate storyteller. Someone who will do his best to actually flesh out the characters and plots rather than just make big booms to sell toys. Familiarity and love of the material would be great, but there are directors to be had that can still do it.

1: This is paramount. And I think they should both mimic Marvel films and do a little to differentiate. As I said, I'd leave Batman alone and just intro him in JLA. And I'd keep what works from the GL film. So you only need two films for "lead ins". And while I always like the building easter eggs post Marvel films, we don't know what they have planned for Man of Steel assuming it ties in. It may have nothing like that. So DC should decide with the two remaining lead ins how much build they need to make and how best to do it.