Tebow's 316 Performance: Spiritual or Coincidence?

Sports 2012/01/10 16:00:00
Last Sunday, it happened again. After three weeks of inactivity, TebowMania struck again. Only this time, it wasn't a fourth quarter comeback, but overtime heroics who reminded fans that, whether you like Tim Tebow or not, all he does is win. The Denver Broncos quarterback "pulled the trigger" as his boss John Elway said he should, throwing for exactly 316 passing yards -- for more than his typical average.

The number 316 is more than just his passing total. According to Time.com, the total of 316 has biblical proportions that may either correlate with Tebow or just be a striking coincidence. Via Time: Presenting an eerie allusion to the Bible’s John 3: 16 passage — whose number Tebow famously wore in the black under his eyes when he led the Florida Gators to victory in the 2009 collegiate national championship game.

What’s more, that event took place exactly three years ago on the same day as his latest miracle comeback. And that wasn’t it for the coincidences: Tebow set an NFL playoff record with, you guessed it, 31.6 yards per completion and the TV rating on CBS peaked between 8.00-8.15pm ET with a rating of, say it ain’t so, 31.6.

Tebow is already a polarizing figure in sports. Numerous players and media members have said God has nothing to do with sports and what goes on the field. Tebow's father's pastor once told TMZ the Broncos are God's team. No matter what side of the fence you are on, this certainly makes for an interesting story. Give us your thoughts, SodaHead Nation!

• Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2012/01/11 00:17:48 (edited)
    Spiritual
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +8
    To all you Whining crybabies........just knock it off. If you aren't spiritual......so be it....no one forces you to have a belief system......but if Tebow feels this way....it's his life.....
    He is thankful for being alive. He thanks his savior for the gifts he receives everyday. Why is it that thousands of Muslims everyday.....can clog traffic, block sidewalks, cause delay and aggrivation to a non-muslim community to say their prayers........and everyone tippy-toes around and says nothing??.....but Tim Tebow
    can't show a public act of his devotion and spirituality without a bunch of girl scouts with nothing better to do get on his case. Live and let live.

• Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/01/26 16:30:06
    Spiritual
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    I say a probability but that choice not here. The main thing about Mr. T is that he acknowledges a power higher than himself and is humble about accomplishments.
  • John 2012/01/21 19:56:41
    Coincidence
    John
    Anyone that thinks it's not coincidence isn't playing with a full deck. You'd have to believe in fairy tales if you believe if you believe it is
  • Wudie1000 2012/01/20 10:44:19
  • txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry! 2012/01/17 04:53:27
    Spiritual
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    This young man just keeps on shining! Beating the Pittsburgh Steelers in OT was miracle enough, but to have the 316 show up in yards passing, 31.6 yards per completed pass and the TV rating peaked 8 - 8:15pm ET with the rating of 31.6!

All the naysayers can cry and whine all they want and it doesn't change the stats.

What most people (Christian or not) don't know is how important numbers are to Almighty God. I have my own personal testimony regarding that little known fact, but that's for another time.

Regardless of the New England loss (butt whupping) that drug the Broncos through the muck, Tebow is still loving the Lord and the Lord still loves Tim. Both are faithful to each other. Like Tim has said on several occasions; "I don't ask God to win games, just to give me the strength to do my very best."

Tebow is a 2nd year QB, Brady has been in this game over 10 years. I am confident, barring injury or some debilitating disease, Mr. Tim Tebow will be a record setter, a record breaker and attain the level of Top Ten QB's to ever play the game.

Steelers loss to Broncos
  • FRED 2012/01/16 07:31:59 (edited)
    Coincidence
    FRED
    He is a showman, that's all!!!!!! He gets pay millions to play, nothing to do with spirituality. He is not Mother Theresa
  • OneLast... FRED 2012/01/17 17:33:14 (edited)
    OneLastWord
    I am not a Bronco or Tebow fan, but I am not a Tebow critic either.

He did those same praying after the games, and pointing to the sky when scoring in collage.

I say it's (his) Spirituality, whatever... Many Players in College and the Pro's do this pointing to the "Master" when they score. Now, how come their all over Tebow's ass for doing it.

Seems the media and non-Tebow and Bronco fans are a little hypocritical.
    Some of their religious team players do this.
    Maybe it’s because of his popularity in the sports media?
    The sports media is doing most of this because it gets viewing numbers UP.
  • Slamdunk FRED 2012/01/22 12:38:12
    Slamdunk
    In my view, the 316 "coincidences" weren't the real story. God has ways of getting His message of love to a lost world - John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life."
  • Max7 2012/01/16 04:35:48
    Spiritual
    Max7
    +1
    You know it very well could be spiritual, all of our prayers are not always answered. Sometimes God say's, Yes, sometimes he say's wait, and sometimes he say's No! I like Tebow, but he did battle with a superbowl pro, Patriots Brady, they squeaked pass the Steelers with a win, but they got a beat down from the Patriots, but Jesus still loves him, and I'm sure Tebow will continue to pray.
  • Timmy 2012/01/15 14:28:39
    Spiritual
    Timmy
    +1
    Good for him if you believe or don't its not about you its about him and his faith. Tebow knows its your choice what you do and just like you he has a just as much right as others display their actions.
  • Dave 007 2012/01/15 12:52:28
    Coincidence
    Dave 007
    Well the NE - Denver game is over. And the Pats just spanked Tebow. Two good things came from this. One, we don't have to hear about Tebow for a while. And two, with Tebow back next year, the Broncos will be lucky to win 7 games.
  • Slamdunk Dave 007 2012/01/22 12:41:31
    Slamdunk
    What is your objection to Tebow's expressions of thankfulness to God?
  • MiMi 2012/01/14 08:45:11
    Coincidence
    MiMi
    +1
    About time for Tebow to leave GOD alone and move on!
  • Yo'Adri... MiMi 2012/01/15 00:51:58
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    WHAT.????? and be like you?
  • MiMi Yo'Adri... 2012/01/16 23:41:50
    MiMi
    How much do you know about me? How much do you know about GOD anyway? ;]
  • Slamdunk MiMi 2012/01/22 12:43:45
    Slamdunk
    "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so." (Ps. 107:2) When you have Jesus as your Savior you can't help but let others know about. Trust Him; you'll love Him :)
  • stevie.luplow 2012/01/13 21:54:09
    Spiritual
    stevie.luplow
    +2
    For him and many of his fans, it is definitely spiritual, unbelievers will think it's coincidence.
  • patchulie 2012/01/13 19:01:35
    Spiritual
    patchulie
    +3
    I always like to think there is something higher than me... BUT the Denver Broncons are not GODS team,
    DALLAS Cowboys are... I thought everybody knew that
  • Yo'Adri... patchulie 2012/01/15 00:53:02 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +2
    It isn't TIM TEBOW who is preaching that the Denver Broncos are God's team......
    It's your lame-stream insane media.......write them!
  • patchulie Yo'Adri... 2012/01/25 22:47:52
    patchulie
    True
  • patchulie Yo'Adri... 2012/02/23 03:50:50
    patchulie
    I should have mentioned, Dallas being GOD'S team Was a inside joke beteen me and my daddy... He would say" that's why there is a hole on the stadium , so GOD can watch his team on sunday... We only has one TV back in the day, with rabbit ears, and silver foil on the tips, and we turned the channel, with a pair of pliers... Daddy ruled the house...so when Footbalaa was on, we watched(I only have just noe found reruns in Little House on the Prareie... But LOVED my cowbouys
  • Slamdunk patchulie 2012/01/22 12:44:53
    Slamdunk
    In 1970-1972 the Dolphins were:)
  • patchulie Slamdunk 2012/02/23 03:43:38
    patchulie
    Hell yeah... I remember them days
  • joe mauro 2012/01/13 18:35:54
    Spiritual
    joe mauro
    +2
    i dont believe in coincidences
  • Yo'Adri... joe mauro 2012/01/15 00:53:43
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    I don't believe in the Easter Bunny......or the Tooth Fairy.
  • joe mauro Yo'Adri... 2012/01/15 18:31:45
    joe mauro
    lol
  • Dick Nixon Yo'Adri... 2012/01/17 14:45:47
    Dick Nixon
    The Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy didnt create the milky way in 7 days...
  • Slamdunk Yo'Adri... 2012/01/22 12:45:34
    Slamdunk
    Do you believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose to save you from them?
  • patchulie Slamdunk 2012/04/06 14:02:19
    patchulie
    Sure do, and I believe that with ALL my heart...
    But that's not the issue here,
    Tim Tebow is the poster child for pro-lifers...
    He ain't even IN Denver any more... He is a jet
    Money money money... If he prayed so hard for Denver why is he now a Jet? Huh?
  • patchulie patchulie 2012/04/06 14:04:01
    patchulie
    And I say this, ON the day that JESUS, suffered and died for me, and you, all of us
  • John Yo'Adri... 2012/11/06 18:07:47 (edited)
    John
    Shame on you. You will get no Easter eggs or find a quarter under your pillow.
  • Robert 2012/01/13 17:59:09
    Coincidence
    Robert
    +2
    Let's be clear, I love football. But I say no it isn't spirtual nor coincidental. He's playing hard and, AND, IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY. This is silly. Since when does spirituality and Christianity have anything to do with football and billionaires? He gets paid doesn't he? The way he's been hyped up, he'd better start playing enspired or he'll get benched. It's about money, selling tickets, high viewer ratings, commercials, tee shirts and football jerseys. What ever the owners and the league in general can do to hype anything up and to get us to buy it, they'll do it. Especially using religion. Especially religion. In fact, it's insulting. Football is a damn game that involves running over people, hurting and encroaching on the other team's territory and beating them and the team that does it the best wins. This is Christian? What does beating people up and winning have to do with Christianity? With sprituality? Who did Jesus beat up? They had currency back then, how many tickets did he sell to his events. What sports did he play? Was he a running back, a linebacker, a point guard? Was he like Shaquille? He didn't even doctor to the army, Roman or Isrealite. When I think of spiritualty I think about saving people. Isn't this what Christians call themselves - SAVED AND BORN AGAIN? Now, if you really want to see somthing spiritual in sports, go to the Special Olympics or see some mildley autistic kids play basketball.
  • joe mauro Robert 2012/01/13 18:38:15
    joe mauro
    benched?
  • Robert joe mauro 2012/01/19 14:49:46
    Robert
    Yea, benched. But I thought I was talking to a sports fan. I've wasted my time. But it's all moot now isn't it?
  • joe mauro Robert 2012/01/19 15:46:21
    joe mauro
    thats for sure
  • Yo'Adri... Robert 2012/01/15 00:54:39
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Who said it was "spiritual???" Not tim Tebow....leave him alone.. MYOB!
  • Allen911 2012/01/13 15:58:48
    Coincidence
    Allen911
    +2
    REALLY? Spiritual? All because he threw for 316 yards? Wow. People get brainwashed every second by the BUSINESS they call Religion. Now if Tebow goes all the way and wins the Super Bowl then there MUST be a GOD! New FLASH! NOT gonna happen!
  • Yo'Adri... Allen911 2012/01/15 00:55:25
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Geez Yoda...and I thought you were a wise man!
  • Dick Nixon Allen911 2012/01/17 14:46:41
    Dick Nixon
    I will pray for you!!!
  • Allen911 Dick Nixon 2012/01/17 16:10:33
    Allen911
    Not that it will do any good but Thank You!
  • Dick Nixon Allen911 2012/01/18 03:52:54
    Dick Nixon
    Are you Athiest?

2014/11/23 23:50:29