Streaking During Baseball Game: Funny or Foul?

SodaHead Sports 2012/05/25 17:00:00
Yikes! There was a streaker on the baseball field the other night during the Philadelphia Phillies-St. Louis Cardinals game. A man went streaking during the Phillies-Cardinals game and may have given many children nightmares that evening. It's been awhile since we've heard about any streakers in the states, but internationally, there's been quite a few during soccer games.

Sure, it's funny in an “Oh my gosh” sort of way, but it's also against the law and that streaker could be facing some legal consequences. There was most likely a ton of kids in the audience. Many of those kids are young and just trying to enjoy the game with their parents -- only to discover a naked dude running around. Most likely, it wasn't a pleasant sight for Phillies and Cardinals players either. Is streaking a funny thing to see once in a while for goofball entertainment or is it just plain inappropriate and something that shouldn't be done at any sports event? Let us know!

streaker

• Ben 2012/05/25 18:34:53
    Funny
    Ben
    +15
    Even if I was with my kids, I would have to point and laugh at the funny naked man. C'mon folks. The purpose of streaking is to remind us that life doesn't have to be so serious all the time. Even if...OMG LOOK ITS A NAKED RUNNING MAN HAHAHAHAHA!

• Fenabarb 2012/05/26 10:00:33
    Funny
    Fenabarb
    kids aren't offended. You need to watch the Simpsons more
  • me4ever 2012/05/26 09:41:37
    Funny
    me4ever
    its funny but that doesn't mean its right
  • Rave 2012/05/26 08:07:25 (edited)
    Funny
    Rave
  • Shadow_... Rave 2012/05/26 14:04:20
    Shadow_Wolf
    Exactly it's just the human body without clothes on so it can't be all that funny.
  • DeejaySpaniel 2012/05/26 06:40:25
    Funny
    DeejaySpaniel
    Always funny unless things sag!
  • HipJipC 2012/05/26 05:49:21 (edited)
    Funny
    HipJipC

It's funny to me now like it was funny to me way back in ah ... well it was funny, people laughed and it was forgotten. I would seriously be that woman above if I ever saw a stranger appear naked in front of me even today, lol. I was a kid and I don't think it damaged me in any way when I saw my first streaker. I've had a fairly normal life. Back then it was a right of passage for many and for others it was done for fun, as dares or for a hefty wager and for shock value. Today it can land you on the sex offender list. Just like getting caught peeing in nature or getting caught doing the nasty at a XXX theater (eww, but so what). Our system gets all jumbled up with this silly crap that a lot of real predators fall through the cracks.

Some interesting facts about streaking:

"On 5 July 1799, a Friday evening at 7 o'clock, a man was arrested at the Mansion House, London, and sent to the Poultry Compter. He confirmed that he had accepted a wager of 10 guineas (equal to £735 today) to run naked from Cornhill to Cheapside.[1]

The first recorded incident of streaking by a college student in the United States occurred in 1804 at Washington College (now Washington and Lee University) when senior George William Crump was arrested for running nude through Lexington, Virginia, where the unive...

Some interesting facts about streaking:

The first recorded incident of streaking by a college student in the United States occurred in 1804 at Washington College (now Washington and Lee University) when senior George William Crump was arrested for running nude through Lexington, Virginia, where the university is located.[2] Robert E. Lee later sanctioned streaking as a rite of passage for young Washington and Lee gentlemen. Crump was suspended for the academic session, but later went on to become a U.S. Congressman.[3]

Streaking seems to have been well-established on some college campuses by the mid-1960s.[4]

Time magazine, in December 1973, called streaking "a growing Los Angeles-area fad" that was "catching on among college students and other groups."[5] A letter writer responded, "Let it be known that streakers have plagued the campus police at Notre Dame for the past decade", pointing out that a group of University of Notre Dame students sponsored a "Streakers' Olympics" in 1972.[6]"

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA HAS BECOME THE UNITED STATES OF TIGHT-ASSED SONS O' BITCHES!! LOL!!

TIGHT-ASS

A tight-ass describes a person who is tense, uptight, inhibited and can't relax. (noun)

An example of a tight ass is a person who never laughs at any jokes or goes out to have a good time.

Come on people, let those buns jiggle, LOL! LAUGH!LAUGH!LAUGH!

tight ass person laughs jokes people buns jiggle lol laughlaughlaugh

edit: I can mess up code like no ones business.
  • Karl 2012/05/26 05:25:19
    Funny
    Karl
    +1
    Baseball to me is extremely boring, so yes that is rather funny. Love the sign in the background as well.
  • Ishmael 2012/05/26 04:12:33 (edited)
    Foul
    Ishmael
    What streakers learn too late is that public nudity is a SEX offense and, if they're convicted, they'll have to register as a sex offender wherever they go for the rest of their life. To me, it's just a way for a man to spotlight his "shortcomings". Besides, if i wanted to look at ugly, naked white people, I'd install a mirror over my BED.
  • Loser lollipop 2012/05/26 03:58:47
    Foul
    Loser lollipop
    I just wanna watch the game not some guys pale junk
  • VintageLys 2012/05/26 03:42:50
    Foul
    VintageLys
    no one wants to see that guys man meat flopping about...it's bad enough we're seeing players scratch their balls and butt out on the field
  • Aly Hart 2012/05/26 03:37:50 (edited)
    Funny
    Aly Hart
    +1
    Loool. It could've been worse.
  • big T 2012/05/26 03:27:51
    Foul
    big T
    arrest the people who do that under the charges of indecent exposure and for child molestation. and adult molestation because they all see that. the person doing that does not even need a day in court.
  • Vieuphoria big T 2012/05/26 11:51:41
    Vieuphoria
    Child molestation? Over-reaction much?
  • Shadow_... Vieuphoria 2012/05/26 14:06:47
    Shadow_Wolf
    ehh max pen. Maybe people will stip doing dumb stuff.
  • big T Vieuphoria 2012/05/26 14:07:49
    big T
    it is child molestation child molestation of the mind rather then the body. molestation can be many diffrent thing not just one .
  • Vieuphoria big T 2012/05/26 15:33:49
    Vieuphoria
    It's a naked person. Running. Why are we teaching people to be ashamed of the human body. Let alone why are over-reacting by calling people child molesters when they are only trying to create a funny moment. This is just an exercise in sensationalism, we all have different levels of what we find offensive... but the fact of the matter is this guy mean't for people to laugh, not to stick his penis inside of a child.
  • big T Vieuphoria 2012/05/26 15:40:48
  • Vieuphoria big T 2012/05/28 11:27:15
    Vieuphoria
    Owning a lethal weapon is top-notch, but showing a body part that 50% of the world have is just wrong.

You're logic isn't logical.
  • big T Vieuphoria 2012/05/28 15:35:31
    big T
    the diffrence is we have clothes and those other 3rd world countrys might not have enough vlothes. sense you seem to think that is ok why don't we deport those people to the Congo in Africa or to a country where not many people have clothes to wear. then he can laugh it up.
  • Vieuphoria big T 2012/05/29 01:33:49
    Vieuphoria
    If one is wants to engage in a decent discussion, one should probably know how to spell.
  • big T Vieuphoria 2012/05/29 20:36:38
    big T
    im no joke american but it is fun to mock the all. Atleast the USA is good for something.

bill and Obama at parade bill and Obama at parade bill and Obama at parade bill and Obama at parade bill and Obama at parade
  • Angecael 2012/05/26 03:19:31
    Funny
    Angecael
    +2
    More amusing than the actual game most of the time.
  • caius madison 2012/05/26 03:14:36
    Foul
    caius madison
    +1
    It would have ended with him I'm the hospital cause I would've jump kicked him clear to the middle of the Atlantic if I brought my son. There are kids at these games, don't be an idiot.
  • Osk 2012/05/26 02:44:23
    Foul
    Osk
    +4
    Streakers just want their 5 minute of Fame... they are Dumb & Overrated!!!!
  • cellophane 2012/05/26 02:08:25
    Foul
    cellophane
    +2
    It's far too old a joke to be funny anymore.
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/05/26 01:35:21
    Funny
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    everything old is new again..

• HipJipC Ballade... 2012/05/26 05:54:25
    HipJipC
    +1
    I know, don't you just love it, LOL.
  • barby karring 2012/05/26 01:29:02
    Funny
    barby karring
    +1
    If he or she was in great shape; but oh so foul if they weren't. ;-))
    Foul
    Quite frankly ..
    even us adults do NOT .. Repeat NOT want to see any of that either ..
  • cellophane sglmom 2012/05/26 02:10:46
    cellophane
    +1
    Really? I don't much care one way or the other.
  • sglmom cellophane 2012/05/26 02:12:19
    If I am there .. I'm paying to see the game ..
    NOT someone decide it is 'entertaining' to streak ..
    I do NOT want to see that at all ..
    toss his naked rear in a cell with the rest of the criminals indeed.
  • cellophane sglmom 2012/05/26 02:20:50
    cellophane
    +1
    Eh - yeah, cite the dude, fine him - maybe even a couple days in jail. But he wasn't out in the parking lot smashing car windows and doing REAL damage, so I'm inclined to give him a break.
  • sglmom cellophane 2012/05/26 03:12:43
    I'm not inclined to give him anything at all ..
    I'm not there to be offended and 'see' that kind of 'display' ..
    I'd also say the same about charging the criminals in the parking lot damaging the vehicles too ..
    all of these need to face charges and time in a cell ..
  • cellophane sglmom 2012/05/26 03:27:45
    cellophane
    Gee - you need to move to Arizona where they're trying to make it a crime to offend anyone. That way you can feel well protected.

As for me, I have much thicker skin, and I believe in a Constitution that does not guarantee me the right not to be offended. YMMV.
  • sglmom cellophane 2012/05/26 03:28:56
    NOPE .. just do NOT Want to see anything flopping around ..
    that should best be COVERED with cloth and left as a 'mystery' ..
    NO ONE needs to see 'that' .. that should be behind his closed doors ..
    not out in a stadium
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/05/26 01:09:20
    Funny
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +1
    Pale face has pale derriere. LOL
  • exsecrare 2012/05/26 01:04:13
    Funny
    exsecrare
    Both
  • Z-Wolf 2012/05/26 00:31:23
    Funny
    Z-Wolf
    +3
    To be honest people need to lighten up. I get that your upset about the kid thing, but if they aren't familiar with human anatomy by the time they are old enough to go to a baseball game, you're going to have a lot more problems than a streaker.

Besides, it's just a little fun. It's not like he's shaking his junk in your kids face or peeing on the field. He ran for a little while and then got taken away. No harm done.
  • DJL Z-Wolf 2012/05/26 01:26:40
    DJL
    So you think it is OK for a 4 year old to be exposed to that? He should be put on the sex offender list.
  • cellophane DJL 2012/05/26 02:16:43
    cellophane
    +1
    He should only be placed on a sex offender list if he did something sexual (e.g. standing in front of the crowd wiggling his hips and flopping his.....anyway). Simply being naked, no matter who it's in front of, should not be a sex crime - it should legally equate to disturbing the peace (well, in this guy's case, probably trespassing and a few other infractions).

The only problem I see with a kid seeing a naked person is that the parents may need to answer a lot of questions - and that's only a problem if they foolishly hadn't prepared themselves to answer those questions.

2014/04/21 02:21:35