Steve Wilkos... Informative, or insulting? How do you guys feel?

Ligeia 2008/03/15 18:24:24
For those of you who dont already know, Steve Wilkos was originally a "body guard?" on the Jerry Springer show. Now he has his own talk show, where he does what Jerry has always done; confronting people with bizzare problems.

.

• . 2008/03/15 19:28:18
    I'm indifferent.
    .
    +2
    I was gonna do this poll!!! lol!!
    i dont know what to think of him! I think sometimes he needs to shut up and let people talk..and i also think he needs to quit repeating the same sentences over and over....but i think his topics are real and need to be exposed

• moonltdiva74 2014/09/19 17:20:23 (edited)
    He seriously needs to get a clue.
    moonltdiva74
    Personally, I think he is dangerous. He represents a segment that is trying to change the American justice system. He is obviously a strong proponent of "guilty until proven innocent", and that very thought process is dangerous. Sure sometimes on his show the party is guilty, but I have seen a few times where the guest was shown to be innocent in the end, and he doesn't even apologize for talking trash to him/her throughout the whole show. There is a reason that this country's justice system assumes innocence before proven guilty, because the other way around is how lynch mobs are started. Our justice system isn't perfect because of human infallibility, but it is still works fairly well. Not to mention the whole reliability of the lie detector tests for serious issues. There is a reason why lie detector results are not admissible in court.
  • Doug Smithart 2012/08/20 14:36:35
    He seriously needs to get a clue.
    Doug Smithart
    +1
    Personally, I think Steve is a little b****. All he's good for is bullying people without finding ANY solution to any problem. Of course, this is because he's an ex cop. All cops, active or ex are bullies. They pottery on the weak and talk to make themselves look more fierce and badder than they really are. That's Wilcos through and through
  • Coner 2012/07/26 17:40:00
    He seriously needs to get a clue.
    Coner
    +1
    I'm happy to see that there's a lot of people here who are smart enough to agree that Steve needs to get a clue and all that because when I first watched Steve Wilcos, it just seemed like everybody like him when he seemed like such an ass. I would read the comments on Steve Wilcos Youtube videos and there would only be comments saying he's awesome and "these pedophile scums should get a life or die!" and all that. But as the future goes forward, more people get smarter and come to their senses and realize that Steve is an overrated brain washer of the superior justice power.

Anyways, Steve is a really unfair guy when he mindlessly thinks he is a fair guy. No matter how nice, professional, honest and sorry his guess are on his stage, Steve regardless will still go insane justice on there asses in the end and the audience will cheer in victory, like wtf there!! And no matter if his guests' arguments are superior to Steve's arguments or not, the brainwashed audience will always make it seem like Steve is owning them. The considered abusers on his show are all people who have harmed other people not necessarily by being bullies, by their lack of responsibility because of how mentally malfunctioned they are and I find it hypocrite for Steve to accuse and pick on someone for when it's missunderstandability only because of that.
  • Matt 2009/10/29 04:17:33
    I think he's brilliant!
    Matt
    He's right on with how his guests should be handling things but I'm amazed this show has lasted this long with the constantly depressing stories!
  • Lefty 2009/06/07 04:47:03
    Lefty
    Well, I do have to say that, anyone who has appeared on the Steve Wilkos show and suffered through his abuse may certainly have good grounds for a law suit. In fact, I think that any lawyers reading these posts should be contacting some of these abused by Steve Wilkos.
    Do you know what bothers me most? Well, I have to wonder, why would Chicago police officers moonlight as stage apes for this guy. Who is going to respect these cops on the street when they know that they are associated with the Steve Wilkos show?
    Steve Wilkos appears to be uneducated, self absorbed, suffering from spontanious anger fits and seems to get turned on by his abuse of his guests. You only need to watch his expressions to see that he is aroused.
    I would like to get the answers to a few questions. First, Was he or was he not in the marines? Why was he discharged? Was he or was he not in the police force? why was he discharged? As well, would he agree to a lie detector test relating to his past? Ask him questions like: do you know the results of the lie detector tests before approaching the guests.... you know that he does. No one in hs right mind would dare to say the things he does without covering his ass against law suits. Another question... do you pay the guests to be abused by yourself? or.... do you use your stage apes to intimidate your guests?

Anyhow.... I could go on for hours. The last thing I want to say is.... Steve..... Got the hell off of my TV!!
  • Rampage757 2009/06/04 19:20:40
    Rampage757
    In my opinion All Steve does is scream and belittle people on television. I remember on one episode this guy was accused of raping his nephew and steve just tore the guy 2 pieces, but at the end of the episode the lie detector and the police proved that he was innocent, and steve didn't even apologize, he tried 2 turn the subject around by yelling at the guy about how apparently e didn't do enouh 2 prove himself innocent. I'm just waiting 4 the day some huge guy gets up there and punches steve in the face!
  • princess1 2008/12/03 11:58:51
    princess1
    Watching the steve show in the uk it gives a really bad representative of american serious talks shows. hes nothing but a bully and over opinionated ignorant man. granted some of the guests are just as ignorant and deserve some of the treatment they recieve but as for the others im surprised there havent been any suicides of the people he has interviewed yet, although steve would proberley film that in the name of justice.......... or entertainment.
    In my opinon if thats how he is when hes infront of cameras what was he doing behind the scenes when he was a cop, you know what they say about american police and steve does nothing to dispell that perception.
  • Dude 2008/09/27 05:52:01
    He seriously needs to get a clue.
    Dude
    Dude he sucks a fuck
  • mike 2008/08/19 19:14:30
    He seriously needs to get a clue.
    mike
    +1
    Steve you are a two bit sideshow from the jerry show that richard thought he could make a buck with. Smart on richards part, how many people get thier own dancing gorrilla? I am just hopeing Jason from the jerry show will get his own show, that would be moron free Tv, and much more entertaining then your crap. Sad that i liked you on the jerry show but i have a feeling you have to go back there when they can your show
  • wilkos*cksd*ck 2008/06/07 13:39:32
    wilkos*cksd*ck
    +1
    im gonna make up a bulls**t story, and get on this show, and when this a**hole comes up to my face to BULLY me he WILL be swallowing his teeth
  • Wolp 2008/05/05 07:26:50
    Wolp
    +1
    First, I can't believe that these are real people and that they actually agreed to come on the show being insulted like that. Sure, they deserve insults, but in my opinion Steve is taking it too far by constantly yelling at them, throwing the chair so they have to stand and repeating the same phrases over and over "you pig" "you make me sick" "get off my stage" etc.
    And when people leave the stage he goes after them and says stuff like "so you're just gonna leave huh?" "you are not going to see your kid until you get back inside". Helllllooooooooooo!!!!!!!! You just told her/him to get off your stage!
    And when you have seen one Steve Wilkos Show you have seen them all. Sure, the theme differs a bit, but his stance is always the same and the people rarely get a word in. He accuses them of something (like molesting a young child) and when the guy says he didn't do it Steve yells at him "YES YOU DID! and don't sit there and tell me you didn't. The lie detector test will prove you did it" At that moment he claims he hasn't seen the test yet, but he will continue yelling at the person saying that he did it and that they will get to the test results "later". In between is the "your a pig" "get off my stage" "get back on stage" all the while saying the test later will prove it. If it is reality then get to ...

''
    And when you have seen one Steve Wilkos Show you have seen them all. Sure, the theme differs a bit, but his stance is always the same and the people rarely get a word in. He accuses them of something (like molesting a young child) and when the guy says he didn't do it Steve yells at him "YES YOU DID! and don't sit there and tell me you didn't. The lie detector test will prove you did it" At that moment he claims he hasn't seen the test yet, but he will continue yelling at the person saying that he did it and that they will get to the test results "later". In between is the "your a pig" "get off my stage" "get back on stage" all the while saying the test later will prove it. If it is reality then get to the test results first thing in the show and take the questions from there. It would make so much more sense.
    And lastly there is a reason why lie detector tests are not admissable in courts...... they are not always right. I think they help out with lots of questions, but I would not stake somebodys life on them.
    And Steve gets people on the show because he promises them that they will get to see their kids or whomever, but then he just yells and insults and then says that he will never let them see them. True, they mostly do not deserve forgiveness or probably even kindness, but don't lure them on the show for good ratings with promises you don't intend to keep. After all, Steve knows all the sordid details BEFORE they come on the show.
    The show is hard to watch partly because it has really horrendous people on and partly because its just yelling and screaming.
  • Bella 2008/03/20 19:32:50
    Bella
    +1
    he's both!
  • kimmpossiable 2008/03/18 02:37:21
    I'm indifferent.
    kimmpossiable
    +1
    I think sometimes his show is good- some times it sucks.. I think he does try and help people.. but the whole not getting to sit down on his stage is stupid... he does do some excellent topics.. one I rember was a lil boy lattie he was 4 years old and the boy friend of lil latties mom beat him for months.. he diddn't have skin on his chest. they hung him up-side down in a closet.. he weighed like 30 pounds.. I mean the sadest.. well steve went to the jail and interviewed the mom.. heart breaking as it was to watch -she shed not one tear until the end.. and maybe I saw one tear... Jerry never has done a show like that and doesn't do touching stories such as lattie... so I gotta give it up to steve.. If I don't like what that day show is about I find something else.. but mostly like him.. just a different approach to such a show.
  • . 2008/03/15 19:28:18
    I'm indifferent.
    .
    +2
    I was gonna do this poll!!! lol!!
  • Ligeia . 2008/03/15 19:31:09
    Ligeia
    +1
    I agree with you full-heartedly about the topic exposure. But he is way too repetitive. I think it's so funny how he'll stand there, ask someone what they did wrong, then in mid answer, he starts screaming. I think it's the weirdest talk show I've ever seen.
  • . Ligeia 2008/03/15 19:34:01
    .
    +1
    exactly! LET THEM TALK! then he can yell...but geeez, get more than one reply to everything! I am amazed at the people he has on the show! WOW!
  • Ligeia . 2008/03/15 19:36:01
    Ligeia
    +2
    I know! But I'm seriously amazed that they volunteer to go on it. Especially since they know what's coming. @.@
  • . Ligeia 2008/03/15 19:38:38
    .
    +2
    no shit! pedaphiles!!!!
  • Ligeia 2008/03/15 18:28:09
    He seriously needs to get a clue.
    Ligeia
    +1
    Personally, I find him insulting; a detriment to aid of his guests. Then again, wasn't Springer? At least Jerry spoke respectfully, giving advice; unlike Mr.Wilkos, who can't seem to do anything but spew repetitive insults, such as, "You make me sick!", "You pig!", "Get off my stage!". I do realize that yes, he has a show to run, and yes, shock value is a rather large component to his preformance - as well as Jerry's - but seriously, he needs to realize something.

If the whole point of his show is to make them realize their faults, in hope that they'll seek out some form of redemption, he needs to stop being an arrogant prick. He is no psychologist, and has no right to treat people in that way. And if he's going to preach, maybe he should learn something about human psychology; that way, he doesn't look like a blunderring idiot.

If all he's going to do is try to be somewhat like Jerry, he needs to rethink his showmanship. Though I do realize these people agree to go on the show, so I do find them deserving of some of the abuse. However, when I look at it logically, I can't help but think that it's nothing more than a way for us all to find something we hate; yet can't stop watching because of the way he tears them appart on stage. Thanks for reading.

2014/10/31 19:58:35