Songs about daddy's and daughter's

Pip 2009/03/21 22:00:27
Thank Heaven For Little Girls - Lennon Sisters
Daddy's Little Girl - Kippi Brannon
Daddy's Little Girl - Al Martino
Good Night My Angel - Billy Joel
My Little Girl - Tim McGraw
Daddy's girl - Red Sovine
The Men In My Little Girl's Life  - Mike Douglas
Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast - Wayne Newton
Butterfly Kisses -  Bob Carlisle
I Loved Her First - Heartland
I have posted ten songs about daddy's and daughter's. The selections include each song and a You Tube Video. Select your favorite or post your own. Comments and Questions are certainly welcomed.

• Angel 2009/03/22 02:09:24
    Angel
    +4
    I can't stand songs like these , sorry but , I didn't have that kind of dad where at the end of the day , you shout oh boy daddy's home........

• Bitch 2010/02/22 21:56:18
    Daddy's Little Girl - Al Martino
    Bitch
    +3
    Ugh these songs are mad ugh i dont know how too explain it i gues its becausee ever sincee i waas born my father was never there fo rmee and he still isnt that i hatee songs like this
  • Ellablue 2009/03/23 06:00:34
    Ellablue
    +1
    OWWW. TOO SWEET, LOVE THE LENNON SISTERS, BUT THEY ARE ALL GOOD AND SWEET.
  • 【ジェシカ。♥】 2009/03/23 04:43:21
    【ジェシカ。♥】
  • Pip 【ジェシカ。♥】 2009/03/23 10:41:43
    Pip
    Another real good one. Thank you for posting!
  • 【ジェシカ。♥】 Pip 2009/03/24 00:39:11
    【ジェシカ。♥】
    +1
    You're Welcome!
  • Stick a fork in me, I'm DON... 2009/03/23 01:52:57
    Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE!!!
  • Pip Stick a... 2009/03/23 10:42:37
    Pip
    +1
    Another one I have not heard before, but it is sweet...Thank you..
  • mik 2009/03/22 22:34:19
    mik
    +1
    i like them all, but i guess i would have to pick daddy dont you walk so fast, and one you dont have down, please daddy dont get drunk this christmas. my dad was an alcoholic, i was like his care taker when drunk or sick. but he quit about 15 yrs or so before he died.
  • Pip mik 2009/03/22 22:45:57
    Pip
    +1
    Sounds like you perhaps had some good final years with him...
  • mik Pip 2009/03/22 23:58:09
    mik
    +1
    the other years were not that bad when i look back now. i just learned to drive young, i just made sure he didnt sleep in the car in 20 degree weather. mom and him would fight and i guess that was the worse thing. but yeah, the last few years he lived was the best, and then the dang fool killed himself.
  • sandy60 2009/03/22 14:25:15
    I Loved Her First - Heartland
    sandy60
    +1
    I loved watching my husband and daughter dancing to Daddy's Little Girl at her 16th birthday party...it was so cool! There's nothing like seeing that. Of all the songs I listened to here, I liked I Loved her First-Heartland because it is so beautiful. Those country guys can certainly speak to love...of girlfriend, wife, daughter, child,etc. I also liked the video of Changes by Kelly Osborne and her dad.
  • Pip sandy60 2009/03/22 17:07:56
    Pip
    +2
    Thank you Sandy, I am happy you enjoyed them. A few take me back when I was young and they relate to my father and sister. I have always liked Wayne Newton's "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast" and Bob Carlisle's "Butterfly Kisses" never fails to remind me of my daughter Kim. Some of the others I listened to the first time when I prepared this post. They are all heart felt to me.
  • kareka 2009/03/22 10:41:14
    kareka
  • O'Grady 2009/03/22 04:41:46 (edited)
    O'Grady
    +1
    "I Was There" by the Statler Brothers. I looked for a video on You Tube, but there is none to be had.
  • Ramblingmo 2009/03/22 03:37:44
    Ramblingmo
    +2
    The Farmer's Daughter~ Merle Haggard
    That's my mom's favorite song
  • Angel 2009/03/22 02:09:24
    Angel
    +4
  • mik Angel 2009/03/23 00:08:58
    mik
    +2
    i am sorry you didnt, for you did miss out on one of the greatest treasures there are. there is nothing like being a daddy's girl all your life, even with the ups aand downs.i was close to my mom also, but i was a tomboy, so i went fishing and camping, worked in fields and gardens, mowed the lawn, worked on my go cart lawn mowers and i could fix just about anything that tore up in the house, for dad had no patience, and would do more damage than what there was to begin with. ha.
  • Angel mik 2009/03/23 00:13:39
    Angel
    +2
    I really do regret that I missed out on it...It sounds wonderful....
  • Ellablue Angel 2009/03/23 06:15:35
    Ellablue
    +2
    i am sorry about this situtation, my real dad died just over 2 years ago, leaving 7 children from 3 wives, I am second born , first marriage, i only want ed him sto notice me but unfortunately as he made more money, he did. but i wrote him all the time and sent pix of his grand-duaghter the thrid and final wife has 2 w/ him, ive never even met, plus he died extremely rich, i'd had no idea, its all in probate, but i can not do a thing, iam supossed to $ 100,000. Which shocked the hell out of me, i never even knew he had a cent, much less. then after some fights w/ exuctrix, (my blood sis) i finally had to know what the deal was, i sent $30.00 to his town hall as its all public, only to find out he left 4 of them including my sister and a sad sack of a half brother, and his 2 youngest, the entire estate......$29,000,000,. yeah millions. it hurts and now i can not even speak to her.. shes to good, my step dad was a dr. he was a sicko, molested and hurt and just horrible things normal men wouldnt dream of doing to a tiny lil girl starting at age 4/5 my sis left at 15 to marry, leaving me behind as his toy... she hadnt spoken to our dad in over 8 years as he had married a woman she worked w/ younger??? so what/.... but i know see i ve nevr had a good male role model, I am on my 4 ma...'

i am sorry about this situtation, my real dad died just over 2 years ago, leaving 7 children from 3 wives, I am second born , first marriage, i only want ed him sto notice me but unfortunately as he made more money, he did. but i wrote him all the time and sent pix of his grand-duaghter the thrid and final wife has 2 w/ him, ive never even met, plus he died extremely rich, i'd had no idea, its all in probate, but i can not do a thing, iam supossed to $ 100,000. Which shocked the hell out of me, i never even knew he had a cent, much less. then after some fights w/ exuctrix, (my blood sis) i finally had to know what the deal was, i sent $30.00 to his town hall as its all public, only to find out he left 4 of them including my sister and a sad sack of a half brother, and his 2 youngest, the entire estate......$29,000,000,. yeah millions. it hurts and now i can not even speak to her.. shes to good, my step dad was a dr. he was a sicko, molested and hurt and just horrible things normal men wouldnt dream of doing to a tiny lil girl starting at age 4/5 my sis left at 15 to marry, leaving me behind as his toy... she hadnt spoken to our dad in over 8 years as he had married a woman she worked w/ younger??? so what/.... but i know see i ve nevr had a good male role model, I am on my 4 marriage, have 1 girl from first, thankfully she ha da rich dad, and she now works in advertising and travels the world, her fiance is NYPD.. i couldnt have any more, (whole 'nother story..) i pray you did not go thru all ive been thru.. at 44 i am still destroyed, I actually have a tat on right shoulder latin-dameged and destroyed..Sad . i also haveseveral bad diseases, and can not understand why he left me on welfare, food stamps and no help. $ 60, ooo. for the surgery I need NOW...
    i am one of three that got his ashes, the executrix, didnt give a shit....
    sorry now i am sad as hell. I pray you have had help getting thru yours.....
  • Angel Ellablue 2009/03/23 18:08:03
    Angel
    +2
    Sorry Ellablue you had to go through everything you went through, I know all to well the pain of a 5 year old at the hands of a sick man... I just made myself tough, I got through it and left home at an early age.. my dad died when I was in my 20's ....
    maybe the courts will get the money due you ,quickly so you can have the surgery you need......I will keep you in my prayers,God Bless
  • Ellablue Angel 2009/03/23 19:26:12
    Ellablue
    thank you, you actually have me in tears..and I too am sorry for what you went thru. I wasnt trying to start anything here just explain.. I was one tough cookie, until I got sick. My daughter remembers her than God!!!!.
  • Angel Ellablue 2009/03/23 20:22:50
    Angel
    +1
    you sound like a tough cookie, and rotten childhoods have a way of making or breaking us don't they? I just want to thank you for confiding in me... that takes courage... if you don't mind me asking , what kind of surgery are you in need of?
  • Ellablue Angel 2009/03/25 00:20:14
    Ellablue
    +1
    hip and a few other joints,(knees,Rt. elbow) I type w/2 fingers, lol. Ive got no one, to even say a thing too. no one cares, SO, thank you.I am not being dramatic., this is my life. after starting to get my head back , of course i get that call. the one i wish for and dread too. but it was neither , the bitch that bore me, just called to start again, I... I am so damn close to that end of the rope. hope theres a knot... spoke to my girl, my one and only MOM(dads sis) and now.. sitting drinking and.. well. doing what has helped in the past..but nothing ever really helps .does it? we know, we always know....
  • Angel Ellablue 2009/03/26 02:23:16
    Angel
    +1
    hang in there Ellablue, if you ever need to talk please feel free to email me.....
  • Pip Ellablue 2009/03/23 18:16:53 (edited)
    Pip
    +1
    Ellablue.. I'm sorry to hear about this.
  • Denny 2009/03/22 01:42:09
    Denny
    +1
    Scarlet Ribbons

18 Yellow Roses
  • Eternal11 2009/03/22 01:29:57
    Eternal11
  • Silky pal of Jesus 2009/03/22 01:05:06 (edited)
    Daddy's Little Girl - Al Martino
    Silky pal of Jesus
    +3
    Ok, Pip. Just how old are you? My Daddy sang that to me while I was on his knee over 55 years ago. You just made me cry. I miss him so much.
  • Pip Silky p... 2009/03/22 04:24:54
    Pip
    +2
    I am 61...remember the song when it was played for my sister.
  • Ally 2009/03/22 00:52:16
    Ally
    +2

And now for the story behind the song...

One of the daughters died when his son backed up the car or something like that. Devastating much?
  • Firekitty ∞ijm♥G☮F♀U∞ 2009/03/22 00:21:17
    Firekitty ∞ijm♥G☮F♀U∞
  • We-sa ® 2009/03/22 00:17:24 (edited)
    We-sa ®
    +1

I'm a tangled up puppet,
    Spinning round in knots,
    And the more I see what I used to be,
    The less of you I've got.

There was a time that you curled up in my lap; like a child
    You'd cling to me smiling, yours eyes wide and wild
    Now you slip through my arms, wave a passing hello
    Twist away and toss a kiss, laughing as you go

You used to say "Read me a story and sing me songs of love"
    For you were Princess Paradise like your wings of a dove
    Now I chase you and tease you trying to remake you my own
    But you just turn away and say "please leave me alone."

And I'm a tangled up puppet
    All hanging in your strings
    I'm a butterfly in a spider's web
    Fluttering my wings

And the more that I keep dancing
    And spinning round in knots
    The more I see what I used to be
    And the less of you I've got

You are a drawer full of makeup and rinses and things
    You keep changing your moods like your earrings and rings
    But tonight while we played tag for five minutes in the yard
    Just for a moment I caught you off guard
    But now you write your secret poems
    In a room just for your dreams
    You don't find time to talk to me
    About the things you mean

And what I mean is--

I have watched you take shape from a jumble of parts
    And find the grace and form of a fine work of art
    Hey, you, my brand new woman, newly come into your own
    Don'...'

I'm a tangled up puppet,
    Spinning round in knots,
    And the more I see what I used to be,
    The less of you I've got.

And I'm a tangled up puppet
    All hanging in your strings
    I'm a butterfly in a spider's web
    Fluttering my wings

And the more that I keep dancing
    And spinning round in knots
    The more I see what I used to be
    And the less of you I've got

But now you write your secret poems
    In a room just for your dreams
    You don't find time to talk to me
    About the things you mean

And what I mean is--

Don't you know that you don't need to grow up all alone
  • BlueMax372 2009/03/22 00:10:04 (edited)
    BlueMax372
    +1
    That Georgia Sun was Blood Red and Goin' Down
  • O'Grady BlueMax372 2009/03/22 04:44:48
    O'Grady
    +1
    Who sings this song? I recoginize that line.
  • BlueMax372 O'Grady 2009/03/22 13:51:30
    BlueMax372
    +2
    Sorry, O'Grady. I'm suffering from yet another senior moment. I do remember when the song came out though that she was definitely jail bait -- I think it was in the late 60's. Will have to research it.
  • BlueMax372 O'Grady 2009/03/22 13:54:38
    BlueMax372
    +2
    Tanya Tucker. I believe she was only 16 when the song came out. Another one by her fitting this question would be "What's Your Momma's Name?"
  • O'Grady BlueMax372 2009/03/23 23:03:29
    O'Grady
    +2
    Cool. I like a lot of her stuff.
  • **Bessie** 2009/03/22 00:05:44
    My Little Girl - Tim McGraw
    **Bessie**
    +4
    So many good ones. I love this one, and her Daddy and I love our little girl.
  • Pip **Bessie** 2009/03/22 04:25:29
    Pip
    +2
    Very good song...
  • mik Pip 2009/03/23 00:14:26
    mik
    another good one that i cry every time i hear is to dance with my father again.

2014/08/29 12:19:26