Someone copies you: are you flattered or annoyed?

Nikki [[Moony!]] 2009/03/23 20:58:18
Yes, yes, biggest form of flattery and whatnot.

I happen to find it obnoxious when someone copies something that I do or say, but I guess it's personal . . . tolerance?

• sam 2010/07/30 01:06:42
    Annoying
    sam
    +3
    i have a cousin and she copies everything i do when it comes to style and hair.I love chris brown she loves chris brown,I love hello kitty she buys a big box of keychains,I love ed hardy she tells her mom to buy her a bag .and even tries to hide it from me.She is so immature.

• Veronica H 2014/10/11 00:33:31
    Annoying
    Veronica H
    Very annoying. There is this one person who is trying to copy me, my hairstyle, hair color my smile. So when people come and say "hey you look like sisters", whenever I can I completely ignore that comment and when possible I get hold of her old picture and say no this is the reality: the "before" and "after" effect. I know that's so immature on my part but I do that because I get very irritated & am least flattered. And at times (very rarely) do I feel sorry for her that she feels the need to imitate me. That is such a shame. A ray of hope: she is not a nice person and she can't have my heart :)
  • Abhilasha 2014/09/22 17:26:31
  • 2013/01/13 15:50:59
    My "friend" does it to me. It makes me feel like she's really desperate. It's pathetic and drives me crazy. I mean if I suddenly start to like something that she doesn't have a clue about all of a sudden she will be their biggest fan too. It makes me want to move away.....
  • Kayla (: 2014/07/18 03:09:02
    Kayla (:
    +4
    i feel you. me and my friends are interested in Kpop (korean boybands/girlbands) and for each group everyone has a favorite member, or bias. One of my friends who also likes kpop, I tell her my bias and a short time later she changes her bias to my bias. at first i thought it was a coincidence, but after a while it was becoming rediculous. other than that, she copied my jokes, how i talked, how i texted, you name it. she even shares my opinions on people i dislike, and im sick of it. problem is, shes friends with my other best friends, weve been friends for 2 years and our families are close /:
  • robert bainbridge 2012/08/24 14:46:19
    Annoying
    robert bainbridge
    my bff keeps copying me and i am realy upset because i took her to my riding stables for my b day party and she said she hated horse riding and never wanted to come then the next day she rang me up bragging that she was now going and she just went to her parents can i go and in a click of a finger her parents just said yes and then the first day she got all of the horse riding stuff on the first lesson how immature her parents do not even know if she is gonna stick to it and i waited my whole life but her she gets it straight away and by the way me and her have never been friends since
  • HopeVJustice 2012/04/01 14:34:49
    Annoying
    HopeVJustice
    My lil step sis is doing this to me for the second period in my life. It's really bad! She's suddenly taken a huge interest in my taste in music, my political views, she ends sentences like i do, my hair styles, she's stretching her ears cause i had it done 6 years ago, she's getting the tattoo i want, she learnt to play the guitar cause i play guitar and now wants to learn the violin because i do!!!! GAH!!! PLEASE!!! ):
  • randomXD HopeVJu... 2012/08/14 13:51:41
    randomXD
    +3
    All of a sudden my closest friend has just started copying everything I do. It's not really big stuff but it's little things that annoy me.
    For example: I say that most of my clothes are bought from a certain shop and then the next day at school I see her on the stores website and is saying that she wants half of the stuff on there. Before I had mentioned it she hadn't even walked through the shops doors. One day my blue pen stopped working at school so I decided to use my black one. I'm now used to using the balck one and then a few days later he workbook is ruled up exactly like mine and she uses black pen now. Another time we had to write essays in English and I was excited because I thought of a really strong point to put in it. She asked why I was so happy so I told her. She saide that she wasn't going to do that because she ah already thought of everthing that was going into it. Then when she was done she asked me to read her essay for any mistakes and right there infront of me was the point that I thought of. I was so pissed off. She listens to the music that I have on my iPod, reads the same magazines, buys the same stationary and all of these little things add up to annoy me so much! I don't know how to tell her to stop. I was actually thinking of telling her that I ...
    For example: I say that most of my clothes are bought from a certain shop and then the next day at school I see her on the stores website and is saying that she wants half of the stuff on there. Before I had mentioned it she hadn't even walked through the shops doors. One day my blue pen stopped working at school so I decided to use my black one. I'm now used to using the balck one and then a few days later he workbook is ruled up exactly like mine and she uses black pen now. Another time we had to write essays in English and I was excited because I thought of a really strong point to put in it. She asked why I was so happy so I told her. She saide that she wasn't going to do that because she ah already thought of everthing that was going into it. Then when she was done she asked me to read her essay for any mistakes and right there infront of me was the point that I thought of. I was so pissed off. She listens to the music that I have on my iPod, reads the same magazines, buys the same stationary and all of these little things add up to annoy me so much! I don't know how to tell her to stop. I was actually thinking of telling her that I didn't want to be friends but my mum loves her and wants us to stay friends because she is nice and her parents are strict on her. Sometimes I feel like I can talk better to her twin brother. SOMEBODY HELP ME! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!
  • kennady randomXD 2013/08/21 04:48:25
    kennady
    +8
    I think you should tell her upfront. I have the same problem along your lines, but yours seem to be far more extreme than mine.
  • randomXD HopeVJu... 2012/08/14 13:52:44
    randomXD
    +1
  • randomXD HopeVJu... 2012/08/14 13:53:41
    randomXD
    +1
  • germane 2011/11/10 06:26:30
    Flattering
    germane
    well...my story is different.....my friend copyed my whole personality and copyed all my jokes and everything that made everbody laugh and made me popular.....he like basicly stoled my personality from me and said all my jokes to everyone that is new and he gets all the credit and i don,t and everbody new thanks he made it up first......if i try to act like the me i was once befor it will look like im just following him....and besides i made it up first...
  • Jaslyn Marques 2011/10/18 18:43:36
    Annoying
    Jaslyn Marques
    Hi i have a next door neighbor who coppies my evry move! EVEN MY FRIENDS!!!!!
    i willl make a list of every thing 4 u
    2nd grade backpack
    brand new moccasins
    my WHOLE ENTIRE BEDROOM
    xx high satin converse

AND MORE!!!!!
  • Amber 2011/03/31 20:28:00
    Annoying
    Amber
    I have a friend who likes everything I like, hates what I hate, and fears what I fear after I mention it. It makes me so annoyed, but no one sees it but me
  • icy_kittykat786 2010/12/20 04:14:26
  • JohannaEurén 2010/11/27 13:44:20
    Annoying
    JohannaEurén
    +1
    Its usually those low-lives that steals identities and claim them as their own
  • icy_kit... Johanna... 2010/12/20 04:17:05
  • Cindy icy_kit... 2011/10/20 05:15:16
    Cindy
    +2
    Has it stopped? Im going thru the same thing!!! Its so irritating I dont know what to do anymore!!! She changed her career to mine and is planning to get my car!
  • pretty.angel 2010/08/07 11:40:02
    Annoying
    pretty.angel
    +1
    it's the most annoying thing that could ever happen to your life! my neighbor copies all the things i have and even the way i laugh! haha... well, she's gone too far! i hate her 1000 %!
  • sam 2010/07/30 01:06:42
    Annoying
    sam
    +3
  • Unique 2010/01/17 12:53:18
    Annoying
    Unique
    +2
    Oh my god its ANNOYING! my friend copies EVERYTHING i do :(. i got a top hat, she got a top hat. I got a leather jacket, she got a leather jacket. I got xx High Converse and shes on the hunt. i dye my hair red, she says shes doing that. i love to be origional! i hate it i hate it i hate it!! she even buys something that I point out that i want in a shop :( help me!!
  • Rose Unique 2010/09/07 08:50:23
    Rose
    +1
    omg i have a friend who is the same i hate it like hell as well...it pisses me off i really dont know what to do...=/ some people don't know anything but to copy they dont even have their own character.
  • Unique Rose 2010/11/29 11:20:04
    Unique
    Even my mam sees it :P just start saying stuff like 'yeah i ordered it off the the internet..' or 'last one!' xx
  • Aurora the*Take*a*Chance*Kid* 2009/06/22 00:23:23
    Annoying
    Aurora the*Take*a*Chance*Kid*
    ANNOYING AS HELL. especially fashion-wise. it's a cutthroat world out there, man, ya can't copy mah look! XP
  • Nightmare 2009/04/03 19:54:01
    Nightmare
    well... can't remember being in that situation of really being/feeling copied by someone.. And I don't really think it's possible to do it xD ... Well, it's hard for sure.
  • D3STiNY{TheGirlinUrDreams} 2009/04/01 21:02:02
    Annoying
    D3STiNY{TheGirlinUrDreams}
    Can't stand it!! :[
    It drives me crazy.
  • Rose D3STiNY... 2010/09/07 08:51:10
    Rose
    +1
    tell me about it... =(
  • Isabel-Publius 2009/03/26 01:45:23
  • Annoying
    мυzιк.jυηкιε™ [ιη мy вιтcнεs ι тяυsт!]
    my uniqueness allows more brilliance
    and humor than n e thing but when
    someone copies me i feel that they
    can't make up their own shit to say or
    do, for instance i have an aunt who
    buys everything that i want or would
    remotely like and is starting to say shit
    like me also... it makes me want to
    punch babies, she needs a life and stop
    trying to take mine
  • ... 2009/03/24 21:21:13
    ...
    when people copy everything you say,
    it's annoying.

when people copy... how you act,
    in a non-mocking manner, it's flattering.

it goes both ways :)
  • purpleicecreamvan<3 2009/03/24 12:13:36 (edited)
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    Well it's kind of flattering, if it's just one little thing they copy.
    But if they copy something big, or something very unique to you, or try and copy your PERSONALITY(that's happened to me), then that's taking it too far and it's really annoying.
    Some people seriously need to get their own image, style and personality, and stop stealing other peoples'. Because also if someone copies you, half the time it ends up looking like YOU'RE copying THEM, which is not good. So not good.
  • La la la Lee 2009/03/24 09:55:36
    La la la Lee
    +1
    It mostly depends on who it is and how often they've been/will do it.
  • poop 2009/03/24 02:49:27
    poop
    +1
    IT DEPENDS ON WHO IT IS AND WHAT THEY ORE COPYING!
  • Undecided
    • ♥Lucy-Fer♥ ♦The Woman♦ •
    Depends on what they are copying, and to the extent they do it.
  • amy was here. 2009/03/24 01:43:42
    Annoying
    amy was here.
    My little sister does it all the time and it's SO. FUCKING. ANNOYING. >_<
  • αυвzzz☣... amy was... 2009/03/24 01:51:22
    αυвzzz☣ßαmf☣►One Hit Rage Quit◄
    same here >_>
  • ||Evie|| [Love.Is.All.We.Ne... 2009/03/24 00:03:05
    Annoying
    ||Evie|| [Love.Is.All.We.Need.]
    +1
    Bahaha. it's the height of annoying. It's cute when my little cousin gets a jacket that somehow resembles mine, but dude... If some random wannabe just starts copying my style or the way I speak, they'll get a piece of my mind. Or if someone who I don't particularly like starts stalking me. -__-
  • drummer-boi-22 2009/03/23 23:01:15
    drummer-boi-22
    Sometimes annoyed sometimes I think its kool...
  • The Gov-Here to help BN362 2009/03/23 21:36:05
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...
  • tina 2009/03/23 21:22:59
    tina
    +2
    can't you come up with your own ideas--I say!!!!
  • iheartwilliammoseley 2009/03/23 21:15:10
    iheartwilliammoseley
    +1
    sometime its annoying, but sometimes when they copy u, u feel admired.. but if they do it for too long.. IT IRKS U SOOO much!

2014/10/25 07:08:07