Snoop Dogg Contracts HIV: Are you shocked?

Peter Griffin 2008/11/21 20:36:54
Yes.
No.
Calvin Cordozar Broadus, also known as Snoop Dogg, was reported in the Long Beach Memorial Hospital this morning and was told he is HIV positive. According to a Registered Nurse in the hospital, who requested her name not to be released, Snoop came a week before to the hospital because he was having major headaches and cold sweats at nights during the past month. Snoop was given a blood test and assigned anti-biotics to fight infection. After the results were in, Rapping artist Snoop Dogg was summoned to Long Beach Memorial hospital to announce the devastating news to him.

• Don Bennett 2011/08/29 19:42:48
    No.
    Don Bennett
    Eazy E all over again,C'mon guys,cover your junk up!If true,sorry Calvin,f#@king sucks man.
  • lando allin 2009/12/22 05:32:57
    Yes.
    lando allin
    +1
    it saddens me to hear of anyone contracting this virus and hopefully one day we will be able to wipe it out completely.. i think we should all pray for him and his family if it is really true. i was taught to "believe half of what you read and none of what you hear" just food for thought..
  • Floyd 2009/08/20 07:31:12
    Yes.
    Floyd
    +2
    I'm actually appauled with the hosipital's level of privacy and confidentiality. HIV positive or not, no hospital staff should release the medical records of their patients to the public. Snoop should sue their A$$es.
  • JohnnyO 2008/12/30 04:40:09
    Yes.
    JohnnyO
    +1
    Of course I'd be shocked if he had it. I just watched him bend it with Beckham and play ice hockey a few months ago on fatherhood!

Maybe he wants to be JUST like "Eazy E".
  • natie29 2008/12/12 20:11:20
    No.
    natie29
    +1
    should i really b surprise?
  • Elizabeth 2008/12/09 08:31:58
    No.
    Elizabeth
    +1
    Any reason to be or not to be surprised?
  • Caribpurl 2008/12/07 02:49:12
    Yes.
    Caribpurl
    +1
    Why yes cause I thought he have more restraint with his ding- a- ling, and also look like his wife would have beat his a$$ if he stepped out of line or place. But I feel sorry for his wife and hopefully she doesn't have it; if it is even true.
  • Yuuki ^-^ 2008/12/01 23:22:51
    No.
    Yuuki ^-^
    +1
    no im not shocked
  • Janie 2008/11/29 05:16:37
    Yes.
    Janie
    +1
    Yes I would believe it but only if he announced it.
  • daveygater 2008/11/28 20:50:54 (edited)
    No.
    daveygater
    +1
    Back when I was in college (late 1970s) there was a common witticism about promiscuity: "you bet your dick". This refered to the risk of sexually transmitted diseases becoming a chronic problem for the rest of your life (eg. genital herpes). By the late 1980s the witticism became "you bet your life", because of HIV. While treatments of HIV enable some of those suffering it to survive a number of years without the precipitous loss of quality of life, the treaments are expensive (MANY people won't be able to afford them) and HIV positive life will not have as wide-open a set of social options as the promiscuous life-style the sufferer had enjoyed prior to the onset of HIV (which science is no closer to actually "curing" -- meaning still: once HIV positive, never again free of that).

Also, "jelly" expresses it in a nut-shell below ...
  • FAKE 2008/11/27 17:46:02
    No.
    FAKE
    +1
    NOt really. Nowadays, anyone can get it.
  • daveygater FAKE 2008/11/28 20:53:58
    daveygater
    +1
    Actually, certain healthy life-style choices reduce your chance of becoming HIV positive to an astronomically small level.
  • FAKE daveygater 2008/11/29 04:42:08
    FAKE
    +1
    True, but not everything is 100%
  • sidney FAKE 2013/07/25 00:54:58
    sidney
    +1
    Im not gay....but who in the hell would sleep with that ugly cat anyway??????
  • pea eye 2008/11/26 23:46:40
    No.
    pea eye
    +1
    No i'm not shocked, and i'm sure he was'nt shocked at the news. His early life-style
    made him a prime candidate for that disease. Now he needs to educate young people
    about the HIV disease.
  • jelly 2008/11/26 21:07:50
    No.
    jelly
    +1
    party hard. die hard.
  • MrSexyPants 2008/11/26 21:01:07
    Yes.
    MrSexyPants
    +1
    yeah, i'm shocked!! But then again, that's if this is true, it doesn't sound too credible with this "nameless nurse" saying it. And i think even if this "nameless nurse" did out Snoop and he really WAS HIV positive, the media would be ALL OVER IT. And i haven't heard anything in the news about it... So if it's true, yeah, i'm hella shocked.
  • ~SEXY DIVA~ 2008/11/26 19:54:34
    No.
    ~SEXY DIVA~
    +1
    Not at all but I won't believe it unless I hear it come from his mouth.
  • Mz.behaven 2008/11/26 17:59:37 (edited)
    No.
    Mz.behaven
    +1
    NO im not shocked cuz snoop got hoes on deck who are willing to do anything and err thing to him and for him............. but then again he does have a wife...........
  • nolaguy68 2008/11/26 16:59:52
    No.
    nolaguy68
    +1
    please dont beleve crap like this unless it comes from the person them selfs, and if it is true that nurse needs to be fired, jailed,and fined, there is such a thing called the hippa laws and i know she has signed it if she's a nurse, and so what if he has it i have it and im healthy and i get THE GOOD MEDS (there all the same ) so he can live a long long healthy life.........
  • WENNI 2008/11/26 12:44:49
    No.
    WENNI
    +1
    other stars be wise
  • pericles21 2008/11/25 23:53:45
    No.
    pericles21
    +1
    sad but not shockee. Thought he waas to savvy, though, to catch it.
  • lue lue 2008/11/25 23:10:55
    Yes.
    lue lue
    +1
    I have not heard anything about that. I don't know if I should believe. If it is true, I am Shocked!
  • tiff 2008/11/25 21:58:33
    No.
    tiff
    +1
    nope not at all
  • kmangone 2008/11/25 16:29:00
    No.
    kmangone
    +1
    Does not surprise me a bit.
  • Made4U2Wonder 2008/11/25 13:16:37
    Yes.
    Made4U2Wonder
    +3
    What???? I would think that a family man who had a past like his would have been tested well before symptoms? HIV testing and awarness is so pushed. I am surprized he wouldn't have been tested. That's why I find it hard to believe. I hope it's not true. His wife came to be a believer of the Word after getting married to him. She is a good lady who had to accept the choices she made before becoming a follower of the Word. If this is true it is so sad. First she had to accept her husband in his lost state then to have to deal with the fact that her body could be affected as well as her heart. I hope it is not true for her sake, and the kids. If it is true I hope he realizes what he has done. He should have been tested on a regular basis for years until he was truly monogomos and he had two years of negetive results. HIV is a behavioral disease. Stop the behavors and the disease will eventually end.
  • nona-fa... Made4U2... 2008/11/29 09:04:13
    nona-falonna
    +1
    it' sa because people be on t.v saying...get tested, and protect yourself. yet they don't. same goes for voting...some of those people on b.e.t wasn't even registered.
  • ikat62 2008/11/25 03:01:16
    Yes.
    ikat62
    +1
    idk hes sort of a total jerk so who really gives a crap
  • mohengjr 2008/11/25 01:54:35
    No.
    mohengjr
    +1
    the lord works in mysteries ways and thats all i got to say about that
  • Gomez 2008/11/24 23:09:11
    No.
    Gomez
    +1
    hearing that someone has contracted hiv doesn't shock me anymore. with all the medical advances these days, people have become very complacent and do not take the needed precautions. it is dissapointing though that despite all the monies that have been pumped into health education, it hasn't really helped. i used to work in the field and found that a lot of the funding is mismanaged by the people high in the food chain. they pay themselves top dollar, while the case managers (the true front-line) get paid chump change. they also organize conferences in places like miami, puerto rico, hawaii and other great destinations where more than hiv education takes place. it's a shame...
  • I yams what i yams 2008/11/24 23:02:22
    No.
    I yams what i yams
    nope
  • l1nuxx 2008/11/24 22:02:32
    No.
    l1nuxx
    +2
    Why do we worry about what people get or don't get in this life. Were just merely passing through......I'm more worried he might spend eternity in hell
  • D4RK_4NG3L 2008/11/24 20:06:43
    No.
    D4RK_4NG3L
    +1
    I would not be shocked if he did, I would be shocked if she keeps her job. HIPA mean anything to ya women. That is the worst type of person that would divulge a person's medical information like that. Would love to see when karma comes round back to her...

In case you haven't ever worked in the medical field http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
  • Made4U2... D4RK_4NG3L 2008/11/25 13:19:15
    Made4U2Wonder
    +1
    That is a Pennsylvaina law. Hence the PA at the end of HIPA. Though I am sure there is some simular laws in Cally.
  • D4RK_4NG3L Made4U2... 2009/01/05 18:22:02
    D4RK_4NG3L
    Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act... lol not Pennsylvaina law lol read the link please...

"The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was enacted by the U.S. Congress in 1996. According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website, Title I of HIPAA protects health insurance coverage for workers and their families when they change or lose their jobs. Title II of HIPAA, known as the Administrative Simplification (AS) provisions, requires the establishment of national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health insurance plans, and employers.
    The Administration Simplification provisions also address the security and privacy of health data. The standards are meant to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the nation's health care system by encouraging the widespread use of electronic data interchange in the US health care system."

Read the link from my original post to know more...
  • My husband calls me biscuit 2008/11/24 18:49:06
    No.
    My husband calls me biscuit
    +2
    Same thing happened to poor EZ-E. But DR DRE is still clean. Poor Snoop, I don't get it though, he always rapped about wearing "jimmy caps". Go figure dr dre clean poor snoop rapped wearing jimmy caps figure
  • Jaybird 2008/11/24 17:53:34
    No.
    Jaybird
    +2
    Sometimes good things do happen.
  • Made4U2... Jaybird 2008/11/25 13:20:33
    Made4U2Wonder
    +1
    His wife and children don't deserve this. And you shouldn't find enjoyment in your enemies suffering because it might come back on you.
  • Jaybird Made4U2... 2008/11/27 18:36:43
    Jaybird
    +1
    True, his wife a children may not deserve it but it's not about them. I hope he is feeling the same way. And as for his wife I certainly hope she had the sense to know what kind of guy she was with.

Enjoyment? Enemies? neither apply. Poetic justice or geeting back what you contribute, perhaps.
  • ☆♥Crystal Marie♥☆ 2008/11/24 17:32:09 (edited)
    No.
    ☆♥Crystal Marie♥☆
    +4
    not at all...its sad though he has a wife and children

2014/11/23 04:15:58