Sikh Temple Massacre Casts Light on White-Power Rock: Censor Hate Music?

Fef 2012/08/09 21:00:00
The murderer who killed six members of the Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin founded a white-power rock group in 2005. This connection exposed a link between hate groups and their music, which includes lyrics of hateful acts toward minorities, Jews and non-whites.

Marilyn Mayo monitors hate groups for the Anti-Defamation League. Mayo told the AFP, "Hate music helps bring haters together into a shared community." Hate groups and their members meet through hate music and hate-music festivals.

“Racist music is what keeps the movement young” and sets it apart from the image of white-hooded Ku Klux Klan members “sitting on the front porch with a shotgun,” said one-time skinhead Frank Meeink on MSNBC television. Do you think hate music should be censored? Will censoring this type of music prevent tragedies like the Wisconsin massacre from happening?

wisconsin massacre

Read More: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/08/sikh-temple-...

• Zuggi 2012/08/09 00:07:23
    Zuggi
    +19
    As much as I despise the speech, it's free speech. The same tests apply as for any speech.

• wgossett99 lm1b2 2012/08/13 14:10:58
    wgossett99
    +1
    ??????

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you mean.
  • Sheila wgossett99 2012/08/13 15:57:13
    Sheila
    It thinks it is clever calling you names you dont understand. Unless I am mistaken when I asked for clarification on another poll the D A stands for Dumb Ass. Nice isnt it?
  • wgossett99 Sheila 2012/08/13 18:26:25
    wgossett99
    +1
    Apparently he/she is another creep raised by wolves. Pathetic.

And there is also the possibility that Im1b2 can't write coherently.
  • Sheila wgossett99 2012/08/13 18:29:31
    Sheila
    +1
    I wish for its sake it was simply writing. Afraid it is the overall comprehension that is lacking!
  • FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/08/10 15:13:05
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    The music isn't the problem.

Domestic terrorism is the problem & this problem should be dealt with promptly before we lose any more tax-paying Americans to this cancer.
  • Adi 2012/08/10 15:09:20
    Adi
    +2
    LOL...apparently my Ipad said yes...I meant NO:-}
  • Resp 2012/08/10 14:51:40 (edited)
    Resp
    +3
    It is free speech. Should we ban "hate whitey" rap music? Should we ban telephone porn?

Free speech no matter who doesn't like it. The audio volume turns in both direction. On and Off. But it is your choice and not a government choice.
  • David 2012/08/10 14:48:05
    David
    +3
    Not if by "censor" you mean government censorship. I wouldn't mind a societal movement to ostracize people who engage in hateful behavior, though, including boycotts of such music and refusal by private entities (radio stations) to air it or other private companies to distribute it (sales of CDs, web hosting, etc.). PRIVATE "censorship" of this nature is a First Amendment right of private citizens to associate with whom and what they wish and disassociate from those they wish.

It's an important, powerful and much-neglected right in toda's society which is dominated by multi-cultis, "politically-correcties" and moral relativists who deny the people's right to free association by demanding that anything goes, anywhere, by anyone... except those they disagree with.
  • Josh Robinson 2012/08/10 14:42:14
  • t.eliot... Josh Ro... 2012/08/10 18:38:08
  • Zombie Saddam 2012/08/10 14:32:24
    Zombie Saddam
    +4
    But I do agree that music distributors like iTunes, et al. have a right to block the distribution of said music if they so choose, exercising their business rights to refuse service.
  • Jesse James 2012/08/10 14:17:49
  • Ekua 2012/08/10 14:12:44
    Ekua
    +2
    No, censor your children!!
  • ally 2012/08/10 13:58:28
    ally
    +4
    No. It's still freedom of speech. And that's what we have in this country, like it or not.
  • Doc. J 2012/08/10 13:53:36
    Doc. J
    +3
    No, that is UNconstitutional.
    There are plenty of (screwed up) people who listen to that crap, but haven't and wont go shoot up a church.
    They should be free to listen to such crap if they desire.
    Crap.
  • Doc. J Doc. J 2012/08/10 14:03:20
    Doc. J
    +3
    BTW FEF....
    I just discovered YOUR little cencorship operation. The filter you and yours installed that prevents any post with "vulgarity" from becoming the top comment.

How very unAmerican of you not to mention hypocritical...
    You question whether something should be censored, while you and your little crew make sure that only posts with properly "sanitized" language get a top billing, even when another more in depth, and honest post gets passed by.

clap-clap-clap........
    Take a bow.
  • Josh Ro... Doc. J 2012/08/10 14:50:24 (edited)
    Josh Robinson
    Your post reminded me of this... give it a look... with a grain of salt. The first 4 min is music samples but it turns into a film after that.
  • Beat Ma... Josh Ro... 2012/08/10 15:36:55
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    You do realize that the so called "Illuminati" is something that was made up from the imagination of a renowned anti-Semite during the early 20th century right?
  • Josh Ro... Beat Ma... 2012/08/10 15:45:30
    Josh Robinson
    The fraternal order is thousands and thousands of years old.
  • Doc. J Josh Ro... 2012/08/10 15:49:30
    Doc. J
    +1
    If what I WROTE put you to considering THAT nonsense,
    then I need to reassess what I'm writing.

I have niether the time or inclination to entertain conspiracy theories.
    Sorry, I'm not your audience.
  • Josh Ro... Doc. J 2012/08/10 15:59:44
    Josh Robinson
    +1
    I watched it before what you wrote... hence your writings reminding me of it. Your post was about controlled media. My post was about controlled media. that's all I was asking you to consider... You don't have to apologize to me.
  • Golanv (Raven) 2012/08/10 13:41:13 (edited)
    Golanv (Raven)
    +1
    But we don't have to condone it nor allow people to make $$$ with it. We choose. We live on this crazy ball of wax in a world of duality and choice. What has been needed for a long time is more POSITIVE music to choose from. I am one of Positive Musicians working to change this. I will probably listen to some of this to see what it is about it that grabs these people musically and write something positive to counteract it. Everything comes down to two choices we make constantly. Love or Fear.And hatred is fear. Here is another member of the group, Shawn Galloway, who also did the paintings shown in video. I agree with him and I choose Love too. Together we can be the change we want to see and hate music will not survive. Love is stronger than fear.

• freethinker 2012/08/10 13:33:27
    freethinker
    +1
    Before they Censor the music, they better Censor the obama Thugs with all their Lies trying to get that damn Fraud re-elected!! They're BS is getting all they're sheep to do all the dirty work for them!! You have the sheep Still believing The Hussein is their messiah, even after all the destruction he has accomplished, and censoring is Really gonna do anything?? Nope, they will still keep drinking the koolaid!!! lol...censoring music makes about as much sense..
  • 4gotten Israelite 2012/08/10 13:24:38
    4gotten Israelite
    +2
    No you can't do that because then you start cutting in to the freedom of speech, just like gangsta rap, I hate it and I don't approve of it. That white power music is awful, and it too is devil music, but it's part of free speech. All you can do is wait for them to act out their music in a violent way and then go after them, sometimes it's to late,but what else can you do.
  • Russian 2012/08/10 13:17:41
    Russian
    +3
    That is against freedom of speech.
    I hate Neo-Nazis, Black panthers, and other hate groups but they have the right to say what they want in their music.
    Censorship is a big no no in my book.
  • UnusualSuspect 2012/08/10 13:14:21
    UnusualSuspect
    +3
    Not at all...it's a First Amendment right to listen to any kind of drivel you want.

You want to prevent tragedies like this in the future?

Don't rely so much on guns to do your talking for you...like alcohol or any other drug, guns give one the sense of false superiority and security to those who are weak in the first place.
  • johnqpu... Unusual... 2012/08/10 15:41:41 (edited)
    johnqpublic
    +1
    Actually the 2nd AMEND is what BACKS UP the 1st. and puts TEETH in it. I'm left of center and I feel we (American citizens) have every right to "keep and bear arms". It's unfortunate that violent force is sometimes necessary to maintain freedom. And yes it's true, we've been lied to more times than not about having our freedom threatened and going to war based on lies. But we should be ever vigilant of threats, DOMESTIC( ie: government) or foreign.
  • Unusual... johnqpu... 2012/08/10 16:13:02
    UnusualSuspect
    Oh...so the killings in the temple were, in your words, a "violent force, necessary to maintain freedom"?

It was necessary to kill the people in the temple, as they were a "threat"?

Is that what you're saying?
  • johnqpu... Unusual... 2012/08/10 16:36:33
    johnqpublic
    What?!!? Where, in my response did you read that? Did you skip English class in school? I mean the reading comprehension part in particular? Read my reply again and this time in the context of your post.
  • Unusual... johnqpu... 2012/08/10 17:33:41
    UnusualSuspect
    Directly from your post:

"It's unfortunate that violent force is sometimes necessary to maintain freedom."

If that's not what you meant, I'm sorry, but you should brush up on your writing skills so more people don't misunderstand your statements.
  • johnqpu... Unusual... 2012/08/11 05:23:54
    johnqpublic
    Like I said, you definitely need a remedial reading comprehension course my friend. My " writing skills" as well as my reading comprehension tests have consistently scored higher than average when I was in school and my communication skills have served me well throughout my life and career. Read the whole thing again. Starting from your 1st response 'Not at all....
  • ϟMöpvytöϟ 2012/08/10 13:12:45
    ϟMöpvytöϟ
    +5
    You know better than that. The constitution guarantees the right to free speech.
  • Aurora 2012/08/10 13:12:45
    Aurora
    That would take any kind of rap music off the airwaves, as long as it applies to all genres of music.. Would this not be considered Freedom of speech.
  • dandieselonian 2012/08/10 12:54:34
    dandieselonian
    +2
    White power is closely aligned with the conservative
  • 4gotten... dandies... 2012/08/10 13:25:41
    4gotten Israelite
    +2
    Now there is some truth in that.
  • dandies... 4gotten... 2012/08/10 13:35:08
    dandieselonian
    +1
    I think KKK was started by southern Republicans . kkk republicans
  • freebirdie dandies... 2012/08/10 13:47:56
    freebirdie
    Then you don't know your history. It was started by the Democrats. Look it up.
  • dandies... freebirdie 2012/08/10 14:17:13
    dandieselonian
    yes they all come to the meetings in my basement every thursday .
  • Golanv ... dandies... 2012/08/10 13:59:09
    Golanv (Raven)
    +3
    Not sure about that one.The whole Dem/Rep thing twisted around here years ago. But I know from personal experience that it has been continued by Southern Republicans.
  • FeelHoo... dandies... 2012/08/10 15:18:26 (edited)
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    Actually, the KKK was formed back when Southern White Conservatives were actually registered Democrats (whom had eventually migrated to the GOP, shortly after LBJ signed the Civil Rights act).

Southern White Conservatives (KKK) are "Red Staters", nowadays.

2014/09/02 11:49:10