Should Tiger Woods face PGA sanctions for kicking his club during a tantrum?

Daryl 2012/04/09 10:49:20
Yes, Tiger Woods should face PGA discipline
No, Tiger Woods should not face PGA discipline
Tiger Woods Masters Meltdown

Tiger Woods is subject to discipline by the PGA Tour for kicking his golf club after a poor shot at the Masters.

Tiger Woods' second round at Augusta was captured perfectly when he kicked his club in anger on the 16th hole.

Whether he is fined is not likely to be known. The PGA Tour doesn't comment on discipline.

Woods, after a bad miss with a 4-iron into the par-5 15th hole on
Friday, hit a poor tee shot with a 9-iron on the par-3 16th. He let the
club fall from his hands, then turned in anger and kicked it some 15
yards.

The tantrum received plenty of attention at Augusta National, and it
prompted CBS Sports analyst Nick Faldo to say that Woods had ''lost his
game ... and lost his mind.''

Read More: http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/Tiger-Woods-ki...

• Linnster 2012/04/09 14:47:08
    Linnster
    +4
    Aside from the rules, golf is a "gentleman's" game. That was not "gentlemanly" behavior.

• Ron Burgundy "Gentlemanly L... 2012/08/11 03:36:25
    Ron Burgundy "Gentlemanly Lover"
    no,golf should be more like happy gilmore,it would be more interesting then lol
  • Reggie☮ 2012/04/10 02:07:44
    Reggie☮
    +1
    He was acting like a child.
  • Smokey 2012/04/09 18:10:42
    Smokey
  • Mike 2012/04/09 17:41:08 (edited)
    +2
    Poor sportsmanship

Congratulations Bubba Watson - one of the best golf shots I've ever seen - his second shot in the play off hole
  • compufreek 2012/04/09 16:47:39
    compufreek
    +2
    It's his club. Now if he THREW it that would be different!!
  • Wayne TH G 333 2012/04/09 16:33:21
    Wayne TH G 333
    +2
    Mainly because I don't particularly like the guy.
  • Mr.Hood... Wayne T... 2012/04/09 16:58:25
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +1
    Pretty lame reason.
  • Wayne T... Mr.Hood... 2012/04/09 17:11:54
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    Describing yourself as a sex addict to use as an excuse for being a lying, cheating b*st*rd is also quite lame. Golf would be better off without his self absorbed whining and petulent behaviour. It's such a hard life being a dollar billionaire sportsman, poor guy!
  • Mr.Hood... Wayne T... 2012/04/09 17:16:44
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +2
    "Golf would be better off without his self absorbed whining and petulent behaviour"

Golf wouldn't pull in the ratings it does without Woods. That is a false statement.

"It's such a hard life being a dollar billionaire sportsman"

Have you ever been a billionaire sportsman? If not you do not know what it is like or how hard it is. Only thing you know is he has more than enough money to pay his bills.
  • fluer 2012/04/09 16:21:21
    fluer
    +2
    I have watched golf for longer than I can even remember and if they sanctioned every player who threw a club, or kicked a club in anger over frustration with their game or horrible putting there would be no players out there. Do they sanction every player who throws a tennis racket in anger. The rule there is if they destroy the racket they get a fine. I saw Arnold Palmer wrap his putter around a pine tree as a for instance and Sam Snead threw his club into Reyes Creek. Nick Faldo broke one over his knee and Phil threw one into the croud. So unless they have very specific rules the Sanction should be applied to all of them too. Tiger's move while not really professional shows just how much hig game means to him. Just as the dunce moves the others make show theirs.
  • Prime Time Lime 2012/04/09 16:08:27
    Prime Time Lime
    +2
    The problem with Woods is he is the prima donna of golf,constantly seeking attention as if golf is all about himself only. Now that others are much better than him,younger,can hit the ball further,and play steady,it angers him.He is older and not likely to ever regain the status of world number one. He is not used of losing but now he will have to learn to be just another average golfer.
  • Bill G53 ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/09 15:58:16
    Bill G53  ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    It may be their rules but I would give these guys a pass if it was up to me. Lord knows I've had my own frustrating days outside of golf and have done a lot worse than kick a golf club. I think the media has desperately tried to build Tiger up into mythic proportions and when some small thing like this happens that reveals his humanity, it's all over the press. Did anyone else kick a golf club at the Master's or some other PGA event. We can't be sure because it likely got no play in the media but Tiger burps and the media is right there to analyze the burb. Give the guy a break and let him just play AND ENJOY the game.
  • Bronar 2012/04/09 15:06:12
    Bronar
    +1
    I'm not a golfer, but I'd guess ratings go up for the PGA when Tiger pulls these childish stunts so let him go at it.
  • Linnster 2012/04/09 14:47:08
    Linnster
    +4
  • Caedus01 Sith Lord of the P... 2012/04/09 14:18:40
    Caedus01 Sith Lord of the PHAET
    +2
    if they insist but Hell's Bells I've seen worse! It seemed rather tame to me. Just frustration but Rules are Rules!!!!
  • Gordon 2012/04/09 14:14:04
    Gordon
    +2
    He needs to learn that his actions can have repercussions.
  • wildcat 2012/04/09 12:49:13
    wildcat
    +3
    There are standards of decorum on a golf course.
  • fluer wildcat 2012/04/09 19:22:52
    fluer
    +1
    I agree with that too, but unless it specifies that every player who throws his club or kicks his bag in frustration gets a sanction then it is not a rule is it?
  • RoyDMercer - IFOTFD 2012/04/09 12:40:39 (edited)
    RoyDMercer - IFOTFD
    +4
    I just wish CBS would learn to not have a microphone near him that picks up his colorful language when he hits a bad shot. My eight year old doesn't need to hear those kinds of things just because she enjoys watching golf.
  • Gordon RoyDMer... 2012/04/09 14:15:50
    Gordon
    +2
    Also, Tiger needs to learn better grammar. Gutter talk is never good.
  • fluer RoyDMer... 2012/04/09 19:24:27
    fluer
    +2
    Did she hear Phil when he flubbed up the second bad shot after his ball went into the woods because it bounced off the viewing stands? Lord help her.
  • RoyDMer... fluer 2012/04/09 19:27:33
    RoyDMercer - IFOTFD
    +2
    I think they should start playing all the players comments like that in a different language, or make it sound like those old karate movies where the sounds are made long after the lips move. And what was Phil thinking on his club selection hitting that ball right handed, 2 times?
  • fluer RoyDMer... 2012/04/09 19:39:07
    fluer
    +1
    I think more why the heck didn't he go back to the tee and start over with his third shot! He clearly had no angle to hit the ball either time. I have to say though I saw two of the most beautiful shots I remember Oosterhausen's double eagle which was a thing of sheer beauty and the Watson's second shot on the second playoff hole blew me away. You know when those shots to me were more beautiful than either of the two holes in one it was a great tournament.
  • RoyDMer... fluer 2012/04/09 19:41:36
    RoyDMercer - IFOTFD
    +2
    I fully agree, Watson's hook out of the woods was amazing. I will never understand why Phil used a wood to do those 2 flubs. At least it looked like a wood he had turned around backwards. On a rounded surface, that ball could go any direction, and it did end up going a direction he hadn't planned.
  • AM 2012/04/09 12:28:41
  • AM AM 2012/04/09 12:36:00
  • U-Dog 2012/04/09 12:06:26
    U-Dog
    +4
    If those are the rules then yes but I do it find it halarious that anyone would call what he did a breakdown.

These are breakdowns.-)
  • Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll 2012/04/09 11:59:04
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +2
    It's his club! lol.
  • Daryl 2012/04/09 10:49:56 (edited)
    Daryl
    +2
    Tiger Woods is a golf titan...and he knows rules are rules.

tiger woods
  • fluer Daryl 2012/04/09 19:27:23
    fluer
    Cept these are not rules that anyone bothers to write down or enforce. Sort of like it is illegal to drive a motor car down Canal Street in New Orleans because motor cars upset the horses. That is actually a violation of the law. Can you think anyone ignores that one?

2014/08/21 08:24:24