Should Miley Cyrus have posed topless for Vanity Fair?

SodaHead Gossip 2008/04/28 17:20:56
Yes. Miley Cyrus looks beautiful. She's not naked. It's a beautiful and artistic shot.
No. Miley Cyrus is setting a terrible example for all of her young fans.
Here's what I think....
Miley Cyrus is speaking out about her 'near nude' shot in this months Vanity Fair. The photo, which was shot by the renowned Annie Leibovitz, shows the 15 year old Disney star topless with a satin sheet covering her chest. Through her publicist on Sunday, Miley attempted to explain herself. "I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed. I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about." Vanity Fair countered back with their own statement. "Miley's parents and/or minders were on the set all day. Since the photo was taken digitally, they saw it on the shoot and everyone thought it was a beautiful and natural portrait of Miley." So, do you think it was right of Miley to have done the photo?

• tanga-reen 2008/04/28 21:35:10
    tanga-reen
    +123
    Can't believe she did this, she's only 15!

• loveuMOLLY 2008/05/20 00:15:54
    Yes. Miley Cyrus looks beautiful. She's not naked. It's a beautiful and artis...
    loveuMOLLY
    Who cares? The girl is not showing anything more than we can see at the beach.
  • coconut 2008/05/19 22:57:33
    Here's what I think....
    coconut
    I think that it was wrong for her to do that and also for her parents to let her!
  • lovingnick**_27 2008/05/19 21:59:25
    Here's what I think....
    lovingnick**_27
    I thik it was not a great mistake but she looked fine but I think she is going a little too far with this I'm a grown up thing she is only maybe 14-15 years old she needs to stay a kid a little longer
  • kaka 2008/05/19 21:55:45
    Here's what I think....
    kaka
    its wrong in a way but, not completly
  • lovingn... kaka 2008/05/19 22:01:51
    lovingnick**_27
    That is so true about what you posted its not bad but its not good she needs to stay a kid a little longer.
  • drella 2008/05/19 21:19:49
    Here's what I think....
    drella
    +1
    shes still freakin young what is she thinking?!! maybe if she was loder but come on my lil sis adores her and i dont want her thinking its ok to pose topless at her age!!!!!
  • Toray 2008/05/19 20:23:37
    Toray
    I am disgusted with her.
    I never really liked her to begin with but this was the last straw!
    I have a little 9 year old cousin who adors her.
    I love my cousin and am worried about what kind of example Miley is giving her.
    I know that there are millions of other people who look up to her.
    What are they going to think now?
    Not a smart choice Miley =/
  • Luchia 2008/05/19 20:21:15
    Luchia
    +1
    I am so in shock!!! I am a big,number 1 fan of Miley Cyrus.
  • Luchia Luchia 2008/05/19 20:25:32
    Luchia
    You are so right!!! By the way,my name is also Luchia!
  • mojo 2008/05/19 19:56:14
    Here's what I think....
    mojo
    +1
    she did it to be in the news and paper more and so that ppl wont like her as much because she can't handle all the presure!!!! just like zac effron in the first high school musical where he lip sang because he couldn't handle it!!! so right out in ur face
  • Captain America 2008/05/19 15:33:25 (edited)
    Here's what I think....
    Captain America
    I am not so upset with a photo of a 15 year old with more clothes on than most high school girls have on in class, its not of sexual nature like those sweat pants kids wear that have words like (hottie) written on the butts, or the thong pulled up above the waist line in super tight jeens the 12-15 year olds love so much, but jeeeeze, what was the photographer thinking? The light is wrong, the background effect didnt mesh out, the tint wrong.
    What a crappy picture. Miley is such a naturaly pretty girl. I hate to see an idiot photographer screw it up!
  • es_che 2008/05/19 14:47:32
    es_che
    +1
    I think the picture is really atristic, you can't espect a girl like Miley to stop living her own life because of her young fans.

onthe other hand, i believe Vanity Fair should have thought this trough, because Miley is only 15 years old. this picture makes her look much older than that.

But i think Lebowitz is a fantastic photografer, and the picture is beautifull.
  • lise 2008/05/19 14:00:03
    lise
    +1
    if u understand what her parents said then u would be fine wit it. no one really know the true facts about the photo.
  • JONATHON 2008/05/19 11:43:01
    JONATHON
    shez effin stupid
  • tammie 2008/05/19 07:21:26
    Here's what I think....
    tammie
    +1
    She should've think about it more before posing for suggestive pictures.
  • emily 2008/05/19 02:27:34
    Here's what I think....
    emily
    +1
    i think that she is growing up and i know that she should be setting a better example for her fans because a lot of her fans like her as hannah montana and she was a big think but maybe cover up a little bit more
  • JayR0c,Oreo,Jicki 2008/05/18 23:37:06
    JayR0c,Oreo,Jicki
    IDC what people think she has fans out there who don't want to see thise pic's she was my role model now she is like a stupid star like Brittany Spears; just throwing your career down the drane. Srry for being rude but just think if that was you....
  • KK 2008/05/18 21:24:33
    KK
    i think she should not have done it!!!! but the past is over and she (hopefully) will learn her lesson... although it would help if her dad was more strict..... she gets away with EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
  • katie 2008/05/18 21:11:08
    katie
    she is only 15 and is setting a bad example for other children
  • RaDaR 2008/05/18 20:50:05
    RaDaR
    i dont really think what she did was that bad, it was an artistic photo and thats all it was ment to be. shes growing up in many ways. at least shes not stripping down at concerts like some artists, i think we should think of the topless photo shoot as a piece of art & not porn. plus the photo shoot was for vanity fair, they r always doing different & artistic photo shoots then other magazines. im rooting for her "go miley"
  • JayR0c,... RaDaR 2008/05/18 23:52:32
    JayR0c,Oreo,Jicki
    Your a bumb person Brittany how can you think she is doin the right thing what if that was you you'd be upset by your self i know i would...
  • ayyy! 2008/05/18 19:35:30
    ayyy!
    Well i think she shouldnt of because of all of her younger fans and its a bad example butwe all shouldve seen thiz coming because of how she acts and everythingl.
  • kitkat11219 2008/05/18 17:25:35
    kitkat11219
    hell no!!
  • ladi 2008/05/18 17:15:13
    ladi
    personally i think that picture is a natural picture so if you dont believe ask around! Peace out
  • lissy 2008/05/18 16:22:14
    lissy
    oh my god! its a back *shock horror* next there'll be teenagers wearing halternecks or something! ¬¬ parents really should grow up, you're not gonna get child protitutes from a vanity fair front cover, and Miley should get a backbone instead of bowing down to her publicist.
  • Sweet Shorts 2008/05/18 14:48:07
  • Lack of confidence 2008/05/18 08:08:15
    Lack of confidence
    how shameful. she's only 15! YOU'RE SO STUPID , MILEY!!!
  • kdog 2008/05/18 07:01:00
    Here's what I think....
    kdog
    i think its just a picture, ive seen worse as default images.
  • Evey 2008/05/18 06:35:46
    Evey
    I think after a stunt like this .. it will only be a matter of time before she does someting even more .... i dunno ... awful.
  • parad0x. (its a zero.) 2008/05/18 04:21:09
    Here's what I think....
    parad0x. (its a zero.)
    +1
    Why does anyone even care? I mean, she would be closer to "nude" if she were at the beach. I do not like Miley, never have or will, but damn, why does everybody act like they didn't know 15 year olds have backs? I think she should be more ashamed of her other pics.
  • TJR 2008/05/18 03:18:16
    TJR
    +1
    Who cares? The girl is not showing anything more than we can see at the beach. Stop being so judgemental!!
  • hellogirl11 2008/05/18 00:23:36
    hellogirl11
    shes terrible!!!!! u suck miley cyrus!!!
  • lydibug 2008/05/18 00:04:06
    Here's what I think....
    lydibug
    +1
    miley cyrus i am not a big fan of hers but she showed as much as she would in a bathingsuit i dont know what the big dam deal is,if she was in a bathing suit she would be showing just the same.get off her case
  • rachelle 2008/05/17 23:34:02
    Here's what I think....
    rachelle
    im glad she did. shes stupid and she cant sing. now all her fans (and enemys) know what shes really like... plus all those pic on the internet. (she makes me sick) my god! shes the next brittany spears.
  • kitkatkid 2008/05/17 22:33:09
    Here's what I think....
    kitkatkid
    ugg i HATE her!! she is gonna turn into brittny spears!! ugg she
    cant even sing!!!!!! i dont kno why of all reason y she was chosen!!
  • ♥☠☆Kinzi☆☠♥ 2008/05/17 20:50:18
    Here's what I think....
    ♥☠☆Kinzi☆☠♥
    She is way to younge she is going to turn into a Brittany Spears
  • JayR0c,... ♥☠☆Kinz... 2008/05/18 23:54:32
    JayR0c,Oreo,Jicki
    Chelsey thats what i said too LOL....
  • winnie pooh 2008/05/17 18:55:32
    Here's what I think....
    winnie pooh
    hell no sorry for the language but her rents is trippin
  • madison 2008/05/17 17:48:51
    Here's what I think....
    madison
    it was her choose she could have said no but she has to think she has fans as far as 2 years old to 13 years old shes a bad roll modle
  • jules 2008/05/17 16:42:07
    jules
    I knew that she was ggoing to turn into a Britiney Spears

2014/04/16 10:21:25