Should Billy Ray Cyrus Tame Miley?

Music 2010/06/22 14:30:56
Miley Cyrus told MTV that her father, country musician Billy Ray Cyrus, taught her everything she knows about staying true to herself. Now we know who to blame for the provocative "Can't Be Tamed" video released in May, which shows the 17-year-old dancing provocatively in a bird cage.

"It's about being who you are," she told MTV. "My dad has been in the spotlight for 20 years now and still every time he walks his dog they're saying, 'Billy Ray picks up dog poop.' That's life in the spotlight — it's never gonna change."

Now that she's older, she feels confident that her new direction represents the person she's becoming. In regards to her last album, released just two years ago, she said, "I've always been a confident person, but I was going through a lot then. I was younger, and I didn't really know myself."

Is Billy Ray' Cyrus' advice helping Miley make the right decisions?

• volley15 2010/06/22 14:35:09
    No, he's just setting Miley up to be the next Britney Spears.
    volley15
    +8
    Her behavior over the last couple of years is not acceptable. If I had a daughter I certainly wouldn't let her dress and do many of the thing she is doing.

He is her father, he needs to step up and parent.

• Trixie 2011/07/11 05:29:20
    Trixie
    O please people, Miley was a Pretty, Smart and Talented Role Model back then and now look at her. What is her point of becoming like this? I don't see why any of us should encourage her to go on. She will be more hated than she already is. And what about the little girls that looked up to her when she was acting Hannah Montana? If they still look up to her now, what's their final result? A hated slut that thinks of themselves more than others.
  • Dallas 2011/01/23 17:43:56
    Dallas
    Whatever makes him a quick buck. Doesn't he have other, less 'talented' kids to shape into money-making drones?
  • :D@!$Y 2010/11/12 00:08:16
    :D@!$Y
    +1
    he father is a bad parent cause she walks around almost nude and he doesnt even care !!! thatz bad parenting !!! <3 :D
  • PWee 2010/11/03 22:24:26
    PWee
    +1
    looks like she's dealing with the normal amount of hormones, but that plus inexperience and what's going on personally may make for some bad brew
  • Handcuffsntortillas 2010/10/23 04:37:45
    Yes, Miley has the right to be whatever artist she wants.
    Handcuffsntortillas
    Oh please. i think miley is way more mature than other 17 year olds out there. I think age, in her case, is just a number. Remember she figured out how to make tons of money BEFORE you did. Dont hate on her.

I think its stupid to think you can ground her. If anything, all that she is doing is being monitored by the world, what other means is necessary. I think we need to look in our own backyards before we start picking apart someone else's kid.

aaaaaand to the lady that said she would ground her. I think thats dumb, too.
  • Sweetness ~Loves her Lion~ 2010/10/06 12:11:15
    Sweetness ~Loves her Lion~
    He really needs to do something about that girl. If i everhad a child i would not let it act in such a self depreciating way, and in such a self harming way!
  • Destiny Sweetne... 2010/10/12 03:53:10
    Destiny
    Like what? GROUND her?
  • Sweetne... Destiny 2010/10/12 12:28:29
    Sweetness ~Loves her Lion~
    sure, if that's what it takes. She's still 17 and she still relies on him, she still lives in his house, i don't see why he couldn't ground her. And if she tweets it and it becomes a headline, good. It shows that at least he'd have some backbone and be able to give her the discipline she needs so she doesn't turn into the next Britney Spears.
  • Destiny Sweetne... 2010/10/12 20:15:06
    Destiny
    From my experience....most teenager couldn't care less about being grounded. They still do whatever they want.
  • Sweetne... Destiny 2010/10/13 06:02:15
    Sweetness ~Loves her Lion~
    ok, well then i'd reccomend banning her from doing things, take her car or phone or pocket money or credit card away for a week, take her computer of tv privaleges away, make her do the dishes every night for a week
    there are plenty of things that work but sometimes you have to take the most difficult path. There is something that will get to every teen, he's just got to find it. And assuming he's the one that knows his daughter best he should know.
  • EBONI 2010/07/22 01:47:20
    EBONI
    +2
    that gurl has turned into a slut he needs to lock her up in a chamber ! i mean come on shes giving people a lap dance , shes grinding on a pole , and shes not even18 yet !! come in billy ray cyrus think !
  • happybunny 2010/07/20 19:01:25
    happybunny
    +4
    man i would not have my daughter becoming like that i would have made her behave and dress like a young lady should be and i would not let her take picture of herself half naked ewww thats nasty billy ray teach your daughter how to respect herself =)
  • Destiny happybunny 2010/10/12 03:55:24
    Destiny
    Hey, no offense...but news flash...parents can't MAKE their kids do anything. Im not saying that she should be like that...but the more you try to control a teen, the more they are going to want to rebel.
  • naura 2010/07/13 12:42:06
    naura
    no,i think he needs to give her more attention.
  • EuphoricDysphoria 2010/07/12 21:30:32
    EuphoricDysphoria
    K that was definitely a video I would expect from someone like..older..not someone still a teenager..
  • Poison Ivy 2010/07/12 21:18:10
    Poison Ivy
    I think in a way, yes, but also in a way, no.
  • Emily 2010/07/08 23:15:26
    Emily
    he doesnt even look out for her!
  • Betsy 2010/07/07 04:12:08
    Betsy
    +1
    horrible and pole dancing!!!! what the heck is wrong with that girl.... guess shes not the good girl everyone thought she would be
  • sav 2010/07/04 18:52:50
    sav
    +2
    I think Miley is attention-hungry and it's not necessarily her father's fault. He's no Joe Simpson; She is who she is and at 17 she's going to exercise those feelings, even if no one else approves.
  • Betsy sav 2010/07/07 04:13:32
    Betsy
    +1
    well shes not excerciseing them well
  • sav Betsy 2010/07/09 10:57:11
    sav
    +1
    Obviously she is if she's following through and expressing herself. If you don't approve of her feelings, just say that, but she is most definitely successful at presenting what she believes to be her identity.
  • Betsy sav 2010/08/13 20:46:12
    Betsy
    well wow she has a nice identity NOT
  • sav Betsy 2010/10/08 14:38:56
    sav
    In case it wasn't obvious, I don't think she cares what your opinion is.
  • ckinsella00 2010/07/02 15:26:47
    ckinsella00
    +1
    the video was awfull
  • tessayyy 2010/07/01 20:40:01
    tessayyy
    +2
    I know girls her age and younger who dress worse or act worse than she does. And it's not like they're all getting their ideas to do so from her. I personally see how she presents herself to be normal for a teenager. There's no need for people to go ballistic over it.
  • Melie tessayyy 2010/07/22 17:27:06
    Melie
    But she is choosing to do all this, she could just say no. THAT'S why people label her as a slut.
  • Handcuf... Melie 2010/10/23 04:39:04
    Handcuffsntortillas
    If that is what makes her a slut.. then modern america is breeding skanks... because i have seen way worse kids than miley.. and younger too.
  • Melie 2010/07/01 18:19:51
    Melie
    +1
    She's 17 and she's already acting like this. She's going through the stages Britney Spears went through and we all know how that ended up. Her father is obviously doing this just to get money out of her because he no longer is the young popular singer. Everyone knows sex sells.
  • shelbie rundle 2010/07/01 01:41:20
    shelbie rundle
    +1
    i LOVE miley and i ALWAYS WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • Abby b 2010/06/30 00:09:29
    Abby b
    +1
    she has absoultley no reason to be wearing clothes like that she is 17 for gods sake
  • tess 2010/06/29 18:47:49
    tess
    +2
    mileys 17 going on 18 her dad cant control her for ever
  • beachgi... tess 2010/07/06 23:41:59
    beachgirl1206
    if she stills live with him then she still has 2 use his rules
  • Betsy tess 2010/08/13 20:24:54
    Betsy
    ya but he shouldnt be letting her do this its not right and its not good for her
  • yg 2010/06/29 16:04:46
    yg
    +1
    Although she is growing up, I think that he should be watching over her and making sure that she doesn't end up like Britney or Lindsay. I'm not sure if he agrees with what she does and I don't know if he should be blamed for her behavior. Miley needs to take control of her own life and even if her father lets her do those things, she shouldn't be doing them anyways. I mostly blame Miley. If she keeps up her behavior, she will prove Jamie Fox right and have a sex tape.
  • kayla 2010/06/29 07:02:32
    kayla
    no one should tell her tht she should do this and do tht but if she wants to be a roll modle for the little kids she needs to remember tht her fans want to be just like her and if she keeps doing tht then there will be more people tht people would ask questions to !well i am not telling her wat to do but good luck and she is old anough to know wat she is doing to her self but good luck gurl hope it works out for yhu!!
  • Private Parts 2010/06/28 17:58:39
    Private Parts
    Another SodaHead "Who Cares?" question. What you should be asking is, Do you like Billy / Miley / Hannah? And if so, what's WRONG with you?
  • beachgi... Private... 2010/07/06 23:45:43
    beachgirl1206
    that was rude
  • Ryo DEZtruction 2010/06/28 13:53:28
    Ryo DEZtruction
    Thats too wild....too odd...
  • DianaisBoolino 2010/06/28 01:25:25
    DianaisBoolino
    yet she hates twilight saga
  • ally Dianais... 2010/06/28 10:21:03
    ally
    doesnt miley like the twilight saga OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

2014/09/23 10:24:59