SEE HOW MANY BOOKS OF THE BIBLE YOU CAN FIND HIDDEN IN THE PARAGRAPH BELOW. THE NAMES ARE HIDDEN WITHIN AND AMONG THE WORDS; FOR EXAMPLE: YOU COULD FIND THE WORD AMP WITHIN THE WORD EXAMPLE. THERE ARE 16 NAMES; CAN YOU FIND THEM ALL

Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2009/02/21 08:01:56
Hidden Bible Names:

I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu, kept people looking so hard for facts...and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. The truth finally struck home to numbers of readers. To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others will require judges to help them. I will quickly admit, it usually takes a minister to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found. A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph. If I chose another sentence or two, maybe you could post them at the water cooler.

• Whitese7en 2009/02/21 08:59:46 (edited)
    I Found Them All......
    Whitese7en
    +3
    I found 17.

I once made a re[mark] about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lu[lu, ke]pt people loo[king s]o hard for f[acts]...and for others it was a [revelation]. Some were in a [jam, es]pecially since the names of the books were not capitalized. The t[ruth] finally struck home to [numbers] of readers. To others it was a real [job]. We want it to be [a mos]t fascinating few moments for you. Y[es, ther]e will be some really easy ones to spot. Others will require [judges] to help them. I will quickly admi[t, it us]ually takes a minister to find one of them, and there will be loud [lamentations] when it is found. A little lady says s[he brews] a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can com[pete. R]elax now for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph. If I chose another sentence or two, maybe you could post the[m at the w]ater cooler.

EDIT: Make that 18

" If I c[hose a]nother sentence or two, maybe..."

Thanks to JuJu1

• jast 2009/02/22 06:22:43
    I Found Them All......
    jast
    +1
    it helps that I've done it before.
  • Irish Weatherman 2009/02/22 04:22:39
    I Couldn't.....
    Irish Weatherman
    +1
    I could only find nine. :(
  • Boris Badinov 2009/02/21 20:39:56
    I Couldn't.....
    Boris Badinov
    +1
    JuJu1's answer helped my find the 3 I missed. Thanks, that was fun!
  • Gracie ... Boris B... 2009/02/22 04:52:38
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +1
    Your welcome
  • JuJu1 2009/02/21 16:23:01
    I Found Them All......
    JuJu1
    +1
    luke, acts, james, amos, matthew, ruth, esther, peter, revelation, numbers, job, judges, lamentations, hebrews, mark, hosea

That was fun. Thanks for the post!
  • Whitese7en JuJu1 2009/02/26 07:24:30
    Whitese7en
    I don't believe Hosea is one of them. There is one you're missing however.
  • JuJu1 Whitese7en 2009/02/26 12:36:14 (edited)
    JuJu1
    Hosea is in the OP. I stopped when I found 16. I don't really feel the need or have the time to go past that. I posted the sentence it is in below...

If I c[hose a]nother sentence or two, maybe you could post the[m at the w]ater cooler.
  • Whitese7en JuJu1 2009/02/26 17:59:19
    Whitese7en
    You're absolutely right!! ...that makes 18 Books of the Bible in the paragraph.

Thanks!!
  • holliday04 2009/02/21 16:11:51
    I Couldn't.....
    holliday04
    +1
    I could only find 11 . . .
  • Gracie ... holliday04 2009/02/22 04:52:55
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +1
    That is still good
  • Anjirocks 2009/02/21 13:29:46
    I Couldn't.....
    Anjirocks
    +1
    Mark
    Luke
    Revelations
    James
    Job
    Numbers
    Judges
    Lamentations
    Hebrews
    Peter
    Matthew

i give up after finding 11, that was hard!!
    but now i want to find them all! argh!!
  • troy82 - Christ is returnin... 2009/02/21 11:08:34 (edited)
    I Found Them All......
    troy82 - Christ is returning, Today!
    +1
    did it - all 16

how about this one.....

WORD Search

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket on a flight from Los Angles to Honolulu keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend studied it while playing the banjo! Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column. Another friend judges the job of solving the puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are real easy to spot. That’s a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, the Chronicle, survey...
    did it - all 16

how about this one.....

WORD Search

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket on a flight from Los Angles to Honolulu keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend studied it while playing the banjo! Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column. Another friend judges the job of solving the puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are real easy to spot. That’s a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, the Chronicle, surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever seen. As Daniel Hummana humbly puts it, the books are right there in plain view hidden from sight. Those able to find them all will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also keep in mind that punctuation and spaces in the middle are normal. A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know all the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.
  • Gracie ... troy82 ... 2009/02/22 04:53:25
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +1
    Troy you should poll it
  • troy82 ... Gracie ... 2009/02/22 12:58:28
    troy82 - Christ is returning, Today!
    +1
    you can have it! - I cant find half of em.......
  • Gracie ... troy82 ... 2009/02/23 04:51:50
    I Found Them All......
    Whitese7en
    +3
    I found 17.

EDIT: Make that 18

Thanks to JuJu1
  • O'Grady Whitese7en 2009/03/16 03:20:36
    O'Grady
    That's what I got. Good Job!
  • Whitese7en O'Grady 2009/03/16 06:32:14
    Whitese7en
    Thank you and right back at' cha!!
  • Different ♥ 2009/02/21 08:48:15
    I Couldn't.....
    Different  ♥
    +1
    Luke, James, Job, Judges, Lamentations, Acts, Hebrews, Mark, Peter, Revelation, Numbers, Ruth.... agh!! I give up... I have no more patience.
  • squirtpink 2009/02/21 08:43:32
    I Found Them All......
    squirtpink
    +2
    lol. I found them all. I enjoyed doing this..thanks for posting. :)
  • Gracie ... squirtpink 2009/02/22 04:53:50
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +1
    You are welcome
  • UnwrittenSong 2009/02/21 08:39:32
    I Found Them All......
    UnwrittenSong
    +2
    Yaay! =] Thanks for posting this.
  • Gracie ... Unwritt... 2009/02/22 04:54:02
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    You are welcome
  • Cinnuint™ 2009/02/21 08:36:04 (edited)
    I Found Them All......
    Cinnuint™
    +2
    Gosh, I liked that, got my mind off so many other things and it was fun!!! And I found them all, of course, I think being made to learn all the books of the Bible when I was younger helped out a lot!!!
    Edited to Add: I mis-counted...I found 17 not 16 of them
  • Gracie ... Cinnuint™ 2009/02/22 04:54:33
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +1
    Same here these are fun.....
  • Larson Whipsnade 2009/02/21 08:30:37
    I Couldn't.....
    Larson Whipsnade
    +2
    Mark
    Luke
    Revelation
    James
    numbers
    Job
    Amos
    Esther
    Judges
    Lamentations
    Hebrews
    Peter
    those are all i got
  • ©TransAmTam~Metal Queen \m/ 2009/02/21 08:21:55
  • Gracie ... ©TransA... 2009/02/22 04:54:47
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +1
    Your welcome
  • spunkysmum ~ Tall In the S... 2009/02/21 08:13:12
    I Found Them All......
    spunkysmum ~  Tall In the Saddle, White Hat on Straight ~
    +2
    LOL, I have seen this as a party game at least twice, so I'm sure I could find them again. I'll pass this on and leave it for now to the folks who haven't played before.

2014/08/01 05:59:01