Russell Brand Says 'You Have to Have Acceptance' of Divorce From Katy Perry: Would You Be Bitter If You Got a Divorce?

The Big Question 2012/06/16 00:15:39

• Lanikai 2012/06/16 13:31:13
    +3
    I was happy when I divorced the EX. However, I was bitter about his rampant cheating and abuse for a while. Took counseling to get past THAT crap.

• mae RoseyRhod 2012/06/16 06:46:28 (edited)
    mae
    yes, agree with your wise take on this...we have relatives whose Mom passed. Two of her children --in their 50's--were so disgruntled with her over decisions she had made that they didn't go to her funeral. After almost two years of not talking to any family members, they both felt they should have attended, but didn't want to face other siblings they were upset with. It took 2 years for that anger to dissipate, but they evenually did get together with the other siblings to begin mending old hurts. Stepping back means recognising things are too touchy to persue at this time--time can be a great healer.
  • the jud... RoseyRhod 2012/06/16 13:12:12
    the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA
    Thank You bu we still have to talk cause of estate issues,and it will come up.But I know what you are saying.Again Thanks.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/06/16 00:44:03
    HarleyCharley
    Divorce is bad...
  • Quiet-is-feared 2012/06/16 00:18:51
    Quiet-is-feared
    +1
    Probably not.
    I may be a little down at first but once the negativity is over and my mind isn't obsessing over what went wrong, I'd move on with my life. So what, the relationship didn't work out, that just means he wasn't the right one for me.
    Eventually I would think rational about it, possibly being within the marriage wasn't all that good, so it's better to part ways leaving sadness behind and keeping optimistic for a happy future.
    No need to dwell with what went wrong.

2014/07/29 14:49:06