Rubber Soul vs. Pet Sounds battle of the albums #1

NickTheAceBassist 2011/11/22 19:45:57
Rubber Soul
Pet Sounds
Rubber Soul and Pet Sounds were released in 1965 and 1966, both of these albums were transition albums for the bands The Beatles (Rubber Soul) and The Beach Boys (Pet Sounds).

• jacob crim 2011/11/23 02:21:15
    Pet Sounds
    jacob crim
    Normally I would say Rubber Soul because it is one of my favorite Beatles albums. But Pet Sounds I believe is a better album as a whole and its a bit more strange which I tend to enjoy.
  • Jimbo 2011/11/22 21:53:29
    Rubber Soul
    Jimbo
    Much better.
  • Mark In Irvine 2011/11/22 20:10:08
    Rubber Soul
    Mark In Irvine
    Both great albums, but Rubber Soul gets my vote. It is more consistent than Pet Sounds, which has some of those wacky Brian Wilson sounds that I've always found out of place and distracting, viz. sleigh bells.
  • Typhoon 2011/11/22 19:51:40
    Rubber Soul
    Typhoon
    While Pet Sounds inspired the Beatles to make Sgt Pepper, Rubber Soul is my fave Beatles album, and "In My LIfe" the best Beatles song ever. The Beatles showed an increasing awareness of the world around them, a trend that would continue with Tax Man, Paperback Writer and other songs on later albums.

2014/10/02 06:50:14