Robert Pattinson Says 'Strange' Stuff Going On in 'Breaking Dawn': Should It Still Be Rated PG-13?

Film 2011/03/24 21:00:00
Obviously "Twilight" isn't exactly targeting an older audience, but star Robert Pattinson still thinks "Breaking Dawn" should be rated R because of its sexual content.

The 24-year-old actor told Entertainment Weekly, "There's some interesting and weird stuff going on — really very, very, very strange."

Director Bill Condon gave us our first glimpse at "Breaking Dawn" in December with a subtly sexual shot of Bella's wrist, but if Pattinson is right, we'll be seeing a lot more than her wrist.

Like an epic sex scene and the birth of her daughter, for starters.

"I just can't see how it's going to be PG-13… unless they cut everything out," he continued.

Not that he's complaining.

"It's great," he added. "For a big, mainstream movie, it's the most obscure storyline and really outside the box. It's a horror movie."

Read More: http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articl...

• LifeIsComedyPHAET 2011/03/24 21:33:29
    LifeIsComedyPHAET
    +10
    It's audience consists of pre-teen girls and mothers who are either forced to go by their children or are re-living their teenage years by pretending to be Bella.
    Let's stick to PG-13 so that the non-cougar crowd gets to see it in theaters.

• Maria João Galrinho 2011/07/23 12:48:58
    Maria João Galrinho
    look guys its unfair if you've read all the books and seen all the 3 movies and you are desperately waiting to see Breaking Dawn its unfair for you not to see it because you are younger than you are asked to be!!! So please please guys I really wanna see Breaking Dawn the scenes don't even show sex!!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!! It would be my birthday present sooooooooo PLEASE!!!!
  • brokenheart 2011/04/24 17:56:08
    brokenheart
    do yew want us to be left out that just aint right
  • Breezy(: 2011/04/08 01:47:18
    Breezy(:
    +1
    I have read the book and I am counting at least...THREE things that it can't possibly be legal to play on a television in front of stark raving mad twelve-year-old fangirls...or me as a matter of fact. There are certain things in this world that I do NOT want to see and Kristin Stewart in that way is one of them! Jeesh!
  • CassieRosaVioletta 2011/04/02 14:08:24
    CassieRosaVioletta
    If it's rated R, the cinemas will be attacked by rabid 13 year old fangirls...guys, don't inflict that on yourselves.
  • moonsunbaby 2011/03/26 07:09:36
    moonsunbaby
    i have read all the books and from what i understand so have all the teens so if they read the books then really whats the difference if they see the movie if it is just like the book...come on really?
  • Tourtured_Artist 2011/03/26 01:29:00
    Tourtured_Artist
    +1
    I'm 13, and I REALLY want to see breaking dawn.
  • Me eats you nao x3 2011/03/25 22:40:17
    Me eats you nao x3
    +1
    come on. don't act like sex hasn't been in a pg-13 movie before.
  • glass_butterfly ~YSU~ 2011/03/25 19:55:46
    glass_butterfly ~YSU~
    It could be rated G for all I care... I won't be seeing it.
  • C-Patz01 2011/03/25 19:42:42
    C-Patz01
    Really depends. I mean I would want to see R-Patz naked... :D But I don't think I'd really want to see Kristen naked. I think seeing her wrist would be fine but for Robert I wanna see much more ;) But I'm chuckling a bit at the use of "epic" to describe the sex scenes, it would be epic if were me and Robert... :D Anyway enough about me wanting to do it with Robert Pattinson. I'm only 13 and I really want to see it but I don't know if I could get in and my friends want to see it as well. I mean I remember my eight year old cousin got in to see Vampire's Suck and that had sexual referances and nudity (shudder...) so I don't really know.
  • Nattie 2011/03/25 19:35:20
    Nattie
    Define weird for me.
  • Elauna Nattie 2011/04/18 01:30:28
    Elauna
    I think that the 'weird' stuff that will go on in the movie is the same 'weird' stuff that is in the book. Namely phyiscal injury/bruising, a VERY violent birth scene, ex-boyfriends that stick around and not only wants to be part of the family but also insults family members, mistreatment of husband by said boyfriend and wife, I could goon, butis it realy neccessary?
  • Nattie Elauna 2011/04/18 20:22:47
    Nattie
    Execpt for the violent birth scene thing that actually sounds like a family get-together at my house.
  • Elauna Nattie 2011/04/19 00:46:36
    Elauna
    I hope that you're family members treat each other better from here on out!!
  • Nattie Elauna 2011/04/19 07:29:36
    Nattie
    No chance this has been going on longer then Twilight has even been thought of.
  • Elauna Nattie 2011/04/21 02:30:29
    Elauna
    There's more weird things going on in Breaking Dawn. My family has nicknamed it Breaking Edward, by the way. What I mentioned before is just the tip of the iceberg. I know relationships can be dicey at best. To further prove the weird point, Edward goes to Jacob after thier honeymoon and gives him permission to have a baby with Bella. I hope, for your sake that that hasn't happened in your family!! Vampire children in Meyer's universe kills the mother as they're being born. There'e sexual inuendos although out the book. I hope that yoy don't have to live in such relationships as Edward has to put up with.
  • Nattie Elauna 2011/04/22 09:27:53
    Nattie
    No, but I do know a man that has slept with two sisters and their cousin who is also my cousin, he has kids with both sisters. So the Jacob/Edward thing might be considered true, though I do wish we could break Eddie-boy, might be fun :D
  • Elauna Nattie 2011/04/24 01:17:59
    Elauna
    The books pretty much de-ball Edward and what I've seen of the movies, they furthur deprive him of any manliness. In New Moon, I judt don't lthink tha the Valturi crony could have gottena cholk hold on Edward, I thought tha tEdward could read minds, so why couldn't Edward read the vampire that he was fighting?
  • Nattie Elauna 2011/05/10 03:54:56
    Nattie
    Cause Edward is an idiot, and really Bella isn't any better. A man tries to control my life to the point Edward did Bella's even going to so far and to tamper with her truck so she couldn't go see friends, I would have dumped his ass and stayed with the wolves.
  • Elauna Nattie 2011/05/12 23:50:05
    Elauna
    I think that it was a bad stretch of writing on Meyer's part, if you ask me. If you recall, the truck tampering was a ruse on Edward's part to keep Bella safe from the weewolves. As weird as that may sound, Edward was protecting Bella from what he felt to be a threat. I don't think that the wolves area as noble as they may appear. Women and men alike are suppose to make their own decisions and not have their free agency taken away from them. Jacob wasn't exactly noble when he forced himself on Bella when they kissed, at the reservation!
  • Nattie Elauna 2011/05/13 15:54:05
    Nattie
    No he wasn't, be you have admit Edward is a control freak, he acts like he has this right to make all the decisions in their relationship. Jacob wasn't right but neither was Edward, I would have chosen the wolf cause at least I could get rid of if he bothered me to much, Edward was a hardcore stalker!
  • Elauna Nattie 2011/05/15 06:44:51
    Elauna
    Oh, and Jacob was just passing by everytime that he past her house on a nightly watch? He wasn't trying to control her? I don't think so!
  • Nattie Elauna 2011/05/17 17:12:48
    Nattie
    Whoever said Jacob was the wolf I was pulling for? I don't agree with him either, I said wolves or wolf I never gave a name, though I will admit it does sound like I'm rallying for Jacob. Though really I'm not.
  • Adam_Lambert_Fan 2011/03/25 19:27:39
    Adam_Lambert_Fan
    It all depends on what 'weird stiff' will be in the movie....
  • Dan Hood 2011/03/25 19:19:27
    Dan Hood
    I'd have to see it. In my opinion, a rating is a rating- no exceptions. I'm not going to go easy on it just because its commercial success depends on it, personal opinions of the movie aside. If it got an R rating, I would tell them what they have to do to bring it down to PG-13. If it came out borderline, I'd probably just give them the PG-13 rating or tell them to cut out a few things.
  • Mikitty☆彡(SHARP) BN-0-WAWU 2011/03/25 19:12:33
    Mikitty☆彡(SHARP) BN-0-WAWU
    Just leave it at that, I don't want to hear their complaining.
  • Captain K.A. 2011/03/25 18:57:51
    Captain K.A.
    I am very curious to see the film... I want to see the directors cut also. How is it that it's a sexy shot of her 'wrist'? Like is it implying that they have sex? hm... Well the've had that in pg13 movies before... but. Well pg-13 is for 13 year olds and up. I take it back. Out rateing system is a bit quirky. First of all kids 11-12 can watch a pg-13 video, so why is it that it's for 13 year olds and up? Like a 12 year old can't watch Spider Man? 12 year olds are in Middle School, they are not grade schoolers, I think it should go more based around grade levels.

But if this one sceene I heard about's going to be in it should be rated maybe R. Supposedly... Uhhhh... Well Edward is supposedly going to 'eat out' Belle when she is pregnant cause, you know, the blood... rated supposedly uhhhh edward supposedly eat belle pregnant blood face palm
    So that's so she can have her baby. And I want to know what exactly it is that's going on that's strange.

See my problem is that I consider babies to be babies, kids to be kids, teens to be teens, young adults, to be young adults, adults adults, old people old people... There seems to be a common misconception that kids are babies, and old people are adults, adults young adults... ect. So our rating system is a bit puritan, and thus you will have these problems.
  • TasselLady 2011/03/25 18:46:05
    TasselLady
    I think it depends on the sex scenes and how much is shown. But then again, most teenagers know more than some adults when it comes to sex. It seems that audiences are desensitized to alot of what's in films today. If this film is going furthur with the sex scenes, then an R-rating might be the solution so that parents can decide whether the kids could see it or not.
  • Reach130 2011/03/25 18:36:31
    Reach130
    What is PG-13? Soz, I'm British. Is it like a 12A?
    Also... I hate the Twilight films and books. I also hate vampires and werewolves.
  • TasselLady Reach130 2011/03/25 18:54:56
    TasselLady
    In the United States, a PG-13 film says that discretion is advised to the parents that a film might have scenes that might not be suitable for teens under 13. But it doesn't forbid a teen under 13 from seeing the film. If a parent takes that child to a film with that rating, then the theatre will allow them in. I looked up the British system and it seems more strict. So when I saw a "12" film, it meant that no one under the age of 12 would be allowed in, even if a parent ok's it. In the USA, the ratings are pretty clear cut. An R rating suggests that no one under the age of 18 can see it without an adult present. NC-17 means no one under the age of 17 is admitted period. An X rating means porn or adult films if you will. The policies with these films are observed and enforced most of the time. But every now and then some theatres let it slip.
  • Reach130 TasselLady 2011/03/31 06:05:25
    Reach130
    In cinemas, 12's are in the form of 12A, which means if you are under 12 you must be accompanied by an adult. After 12A, there is 15's and 18's.
    Thx though.
  • TasselLady Reach130 2011/04/01 00:05:16
    TasselLady
    Oh, ok. Thankyou for clearing that up. I guess I was just going by that particular website's information. Living there you would know more about that than I would.
  • Sonia 2011/03/25 18:26:15
    Sonia
    there would be a lesser audience for the movie if it happened.
  • Annie 2011/03/25 18:17:10
    Annie
    It depends on how bad they want to portray the scence
  • Roy George 2011/03/25 18:12:13
    Roy George
    Not sure about Breaking Dawn, but Breaking Wind should be Rated R! breaking dawn breaking wind rated
  • JesseGreathouse 2011/03/25 16:49:48
    JesseGreathouse
    If it's PG-13 then half of the core audience won't be able to see it.
  • Arty 2011/03/25 16:38:31
    Arty
    ALL THE UNDERAGE KIDS WHO WANT TO SEE A MOVIE FROM ""G TO XXX'' are going to see them anyway
  • MangoLuve 2011/03/25 16:13:45
    MangoLuve
    That would break so many hearts.
  • Kristen Jareth 2011/03/25 16:12:57
    Kristen Jareth
    Because nobody had disgraced the idea of necrophilia in such a disgusting manner before.
  • evceleb 2011/03/25 16:09:39
    evceleb
    God, no! I thought it was already rated R O_O
  • Heather ~Warrior Princess~ 2011/03/25 16:08:21
    Heather ~Warrior Princess~
    I am so sick of twilight. Blech. I kept hoping someone would kill Bella. She was so annyoing, I don't understand how someone can have zero personality...except maybe a dishrag.

2014/07/29 10:49:07