Rape scenes in horror movies?

Tiff 2010/01/05 12:48:19
No, Horror movies have always shown us thing we are too scared to deal with in real life and unfortunetly now the only thing left is rape
yes, It's glorifying one of man's most unspeakable acts
Has anyone else notice a trend in horror movies lately to make a rape scene extremely blunt and disturbing. On the one hand it shows a person the reality of what rape is like in real life but on the other...it's not the kind of thing that I want to sit through twice. Do you think that horror movies should start to cut back on such a sensitive subject ?

• Victoria 2010/01/09 04:12:55
    No, Horror movies have always shown us thing we are too scared to deal with i...
    Victoria
    Are Horror movies necessary? Is any movie necessary? In my opinion, no. They just are. Some share a viewpoint or opinion. If it shares knowledge, we call it a documentary.
  • redrose99 2010/01/08 23:11:43
    redrose99
    hellz ya lol i love every little excruciating detail lmfao
  • jimiwhitten 2010/01/08 23:00:04
    jimiwhitten
    First, I agree with runningintriangles - I don't remember a lot of realistic rape scenes. I think rape is as much a part of life as murder and if you want to watch... you might as well watch it in all its gory!
  • Victoria jimiwhi... 2010/01/09 04:14:33
    Victoria
    I disagree with you both. I like a good mystery, but I do not want to sit and watch a murder and/or a rape occur.
  • GoldDustWoman.♥ 2010/01/05 13:26:22
    GoldDustWoman.♥
    if you said that those rape scene's were bad..and couln't be shown anymore..i think murder is just as bad..so then you wouln't have horror movies at all.
    because they also glorify murder i think..
    i dont like those scene's but as i'm trying to say, it would be hard..and unfair to bann just them..
  • ghdfsgesr 2010/01/05 13:03:17
  • runningintriangles 2010/01/05 12:52:22
    runningintriangles
    ...I've yet to see a realistic rape scene in a "horror" film.

2014/07/29 08:50:20