Rank the Harry Potter books from best to worst.

Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~ 2009/07/16 22:50:36
Which book was the most interesting and which one wasn't? Rank them!

• Kizzy 2009/07/17 13:49:29
    This is how I rank them:
    Kizzy
    +4
    u cant rank the books that would be like ranking your bffs.

• Joe Cattermore 2014/07/25 21:35:48
    This is how I rank them:
    Joe Cattermore
    My rating:
    1. Half-Blood Prince, I felt this was a really awesome way to hype to up for the last book. It wasn't as dark as the others, making it feel you are back in the first few books, and Harry doesn't directly face Voldemort, but you get to understand him more by learning about his past.
    2. Prisoner of Azkaban, I liked how you get to meet Harry's dad's friends, who teach him that he really does have a family. Harry finally gets a grasp of what his life should be like, and he also understands the fun his dad had by using the Marauder's Map.
    3. Deathly Hallows, I thought it was a so-so, especially for being a finale to a 10-year epic. Most of the first half is hiding and camping, and the final horcruxes I thought were rushed, considering it took the first one months to find and destroy, while the others took two days.
    4. Philosopher's / Sorcerer's Stone. It was too light-hearted. It took half the book to even get to Hogwarts, so they didn't focus too much on the plot to find the stone. And great plot twist in the end (no spoilers).
    5. Goblet of Fire. I thought this book focused too much on the summer events, as it takes close to 200 pages to get to the school year. Also, a lot of events at Hogwarts canceled because of the Triwizard Tournament, for example, Quidditch, and mo...

My rating:
    5. Goblet of Fire. I thought this book focused too much on the summer events, as it takes close to 200 pages to get to the school year. Also, a lot of events at Hogwarts canceled because of the Triwizard Tournament, for example, Quidditch, and most lessons during the school year.
    6. Chamber of Secrets. I thought the book as very anti-climactic; I knew the heir was Voldemort, because he was the only one who would want to petrify muggle-borns for fun. The chamber was opened before, WHILE VOLDEMORT WAS IN HIS SEVENTH YEAR. It clicked in my head the first time I read the book about halfway through, so the book was boring for me.
    7. If you haven't guessed by now, Order of the Phoenix. This book was TOO LONG. It was so different than the other books because for almost 200 pages, it talks about a dementor attack and how much trouble Harry was in. Umbridge was so annoying in this book, and it seemed to drag on forever, not to mention, no quidditch, and Harry's connection to Voldemort's mind and useless Occlumency lessons. This book was a struggle to read.
  • Sithamparanathan Srikanagas... 2013/07/20 18:44:32
    This is how I rank them:
    Sithamparanathan Srikanagasabai
    1.PRISONER OF AZKABAN
    2.DEATHLY HALLOWS
    3.CHAMBER OF SECRETS
    4.SORCERERS' STONE
    5.GOBLET OF FIRE
    6.ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
    7.HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
  • Nichole Montalvo 2013/07/19 03:52:31
    This is how I rank them:
    Nichole Montalvo
    This is how I rate the books:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban (It introduces my all-time favorite character, and lets Hermione shine a bit with her time turner. Therefore, it's awesome.)
    2. The Deathly Hallows (This is the most epic children's book ever written, I think. I remember reading at 10 years old and being able to watch it like a movie in my head because of how well it was written.)
    3. Goblet of Fire (It's what really gets the series-wide plot moving, with Voldemort's real return. Also, I love the action and the small bits of Fremione you can pick up on.)
    4. Order of the Phoenix (I love the introduction of Tonks, and even though my favorite character dies, I loved having someone new to hate... Bellatrix... >( )
    5. Sorcerer's Stone (As much as I loved it the first time I read it at what, six years old, it's not as good as the first four I've listed, simply because it really only sets the stage for the other six books.)
    6. Chamber of Secrets (Okay I'll admit it, this one had me bored. I don't like Ginny personally, so a plot surrounding her just.. Ugh.)
    7. Half-Blood Prince (STOP. This book is horrible compared to the other six. I hated how Ginny was just thrown in there and like "OH HARRY I LOVE YOU!" Stop. Just stop. Spoiler alert: Snape kills Dumbledore.)

That is not to say I don't love each other them, because I do. I just love some way more than others. :)
  • 2013/06/28 03:04:45
  • Sabrina Köhler 2013/06/22 18:12:56
    This is how I rank them:
    Sabrina Köhler
    1) Prisoner of Azkaban
    2) Goblet of Fire
    3) Philosopher's Stone
    4) Deathly Hallows
    5) Chamber of Secrets
    6) Order of Phoenix
    7) Half-Blood Prince
  • Ronan Ferris 2013/06/02 17:57:52
    This is how I rank them:
    Ronan Ferris
    1) Prisoner of Azkaban
    2) Deathly Hallows
    3) Philosophers Stone
    4) Half-Blood prince
    5) Order of the phoenix
    6) Chamber of secrets
    7) Goblet of fire
  • Madeleine Monroe 2013/03/13 06:59:36
    This is how I rank them:
    Madeleine Monroe
    Personally I have only read the first 4 books and am half way through the order of the Phoenix. So I'm marking the ones I have read

1) prisoner of askaban
    2) the goblet of fire
    3) the PHILOSOPHERS stone
    4) the chamber of secrets
  • Rob White 2013/02/24 20:59:10
    This is how I rank them:
    Rob White
    1 - Goblet of Fire
    2 - Order of the Phoenix
    3 - Half Blood Prince
    4 - Philosopher's Stone (not bloody Sorcerer's Stone, what a stupid name for the book)
    5 - Chamber of Secrets
    6 - Deathly Hallows
    7 - Prisoner of Azkaaban (not a fan of time travel stories)
  • jacob.barron.710 2012/07/18 01:13:05
    This is how I rank them:
    jacob.barron.710
    1. Prisoner of Azkaban
    2. Deathly Hollows
    3. Goblet of Fire
    4. Chamber of secrets
    5. Sorcerers Stone
    6. Half-Blood Prince
    7. Order of the Phoenix

This isn't opinion, it's fact!
  • Jerome 2012/03/30 02:38:30
    This is how I rank them:
    Jerome
    1. Prisoner of Azkaban (Perfect Story for Harry Potter, caught the magic of the first books and the darkness of the later and perfectly mixed them)
    2. Goblet of Fire (Tons of Action, great story with one of the best twists in the end)
    3. Deathly Hallows (Great action packed ending for the series)
    4. Order of Phoenix (Pretty good, story picks up pace by end but the rest of it's just good)
    5. Chamber of Secrets (Fun, darker than the first, but not as complex as the latter)
    6. Sorcerer's Stone (Fun, great opener but a little too on the childish side)
    7. Half-Blood Prince (Meh, I felt that this was just to build up to the climax that is The Deathly Hallows)
  • Emma Wen 2011/07/24 03:07:49
    This is how I rank them:
    Emma Wen
    best to worst:
    1)Goblet of Fire
    2)Deathly Hallows
    3)Prizoner of Azkaban
    4)Half Blood Prince
    5)TIE b/n Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets
    6)Order of Phoenix
  • PrinsipeChristian 2011/07/22 09:49:27
    This is how I rank them:
    PrinsipeChristian
    THIS IS JUST MY LIST FROM BEST TO WORST

1. Goblet of Fire
    2. Half Blood Prince
    3. Chamber of Secrets
    4. Sorcerer's Stone
    5. Prisoner of Azkaban
    6. Order of the Phoenix
    7. Deathly Hallows
  • David Carpenter 2011/06/21 18:58:58
    This is how I rank them:
    David Carpenter
    From best to worst

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  • ika5263 2010/11/07 23:28:11
    This is how I rank them:
    ika5263
    From Best to Worst:
    1. Prisoner of Azkaban (10/10)
    2. Deathly Hallows (9.8/10)
    3. Half-Blood Prince (9.5/10)
    4. Goblet of Fire (9.1/10)
    5. Chamber of Secrets (8.9/10)
    6. Sorcerer's Stone (8.5/10)
    7. Order of the Phoenix (7.3/10)
  • BrianKrah 2010/11/01 19:37:10
    This is how I rank them:
    BrianKrah
    This is tough but here goes!!
    1-Harry Potter and the Prisinor of Azkaban because it think the plot is just great with Peter Pettigrew being the death eater and Sirius Black actually being good. It introduces so much revenge! =)

2- Harry Potter and the Deathley Hallows because i liked how it was actually different, i was starting to get bored with the series because it was always in hogwarts but this one saved me.

3-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because this is exciting and suspenseful and has to be the most action packed book in the entire series from the tornament to the graveyard scene.

4-Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince because its just explains everything, you finally understand the mystery of Voldemort and you realize that Draco Malfoy is truly evil (in a cool way =)).

5-Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone because the beginning is a little not origional you know like how a boys parents die and he goes to live with his aunt and uncle and cousin but then strange and mysterious things happen, doesnt that seem a little familiar? The rest is good tho.

6-Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets because its just flat out boring in the beginning, i just find some of the characters are just weird and by the way this is my least favorite movie of harry potter.

7-H...
    This is tough but here goes!!

7-Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix because it, like the chamber of secrets is boring in the beggining i mean cmon seriously, who cares about there being doxies in a curtain cmon! 3 whole pages were devoted for doxie fighting when they could have been devoted to 3 more pages in the final battle. And its kind of strange because this was actually my favortie movie of all of them.
  • Diego Hagen 2010/02/18 23:26:43
    This is how I rank them:
    Diego Hagen
    +3
    1) Prisoner of Azkaban
    2) Goblet of Fire
    3) Sorcerer's Stone
    4) Chamber of Secrets
    5) Deathly Hollows
    6) Half-Blood Prince
    7)Order of the Pheonix

Prisoner of Azkaban was definetly the best, because its plot with sirius and pettigrew is just great. I like all of them a lot except for Order of the Phoenix Umbridge and harry's dark side make stupid.
  • candlelitdreamz 2009/10/14 14:19:27
    This is how I rank them:
    candlelitdreamz
    +1
    arrggggg
    i can't rank them! it's too hard!
    it would be like choosing to keep either your eyeballs or your ears.
    ok..i might have exaggerated...but it's just hard OK.
  • Terice =D 2009/08/15 02:21:25
    This is how I rank them:
    Terice =D
    Deathly Hallows
    Order of the Phoenix
    Half-Blood Prince
    Goblet of Fire
    Philosopher/Sorcerer's Stone
    Prisoner of Azkaban
    Chamber of Secrets
  • John Smith 2009/07/21 20:50:24
    This is how I rank them:
    John Smith
    +2
    Best to Worst:
    The Order of the Phoenix
    The Deathly Hallows
    The Half-Blood Prince
    The Prisoner Of Azkaban
    The Sorceror's Stone
    The Chamber Of Secrets
    The Goblet Of Fire

The reason the Goblet of Fire gets my last place vote is that its plot is asinine. If Crouch/Moody wanted Harry Potter to portkey to the graveyard, he could have just handed him a portkey object at the beginning of the book and avoided the whole Tri-Wizard Tournament plot arc. Essentially the whole book was a lark where the villians go out of their way to make Harry's demise unnecessarily complicated and drawn out. Rowling uses too many contrived plot devices like that, that don't make sense when you think about them.

OotP wins my nod because it is the first entry with a truly dark and mature feel to it. Harry stepping up and leading the DA club really marks his first action as an adult man, in my opinion. That was one of the defining moments of growth for him as a character, one of the most significant in the entire series.
  • Terice =D John Smith 2009/08/15 02:22:01
    Terice =D
    Good Point.
  • 83Pats12 2009/07/20 19:03:45
    This is how I rank them:
    83Pats12
    Best to Worst:
    The Prisoner Of Azkaban
    The Deathly Hallows
    The Half-Blood Prince
    THe Goblet Of Fire
    The Order of the Phoenix
    The Chamber Of Secrets
    The Sorceror's Stone
  • ~Captain Ryu Kiryu~ 2009/07/20 05:01:43
    This is how I rank them:
    ~Captain Ryu Kiryu~
    This may be a little hard:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
    2. Deathly Hallows
    3. Half Blood Prince
    4. Order of the Phoenix
    5. Chamber of Secrets
    6. Sorceror's Stone
    7. Goblet of Fire

I love them all.
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2009/07/19 20:30:48
    This is how I rank them:
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    4th, 3rd, 5th, 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th
    in that order. I'm to lazy to type the names.
  • ♥əmma~*In Padfoot I trust*~♥ 2009/07/18 03:47:44
    This is how I rank them:
    ♥əmma~*In Padfoot I trust*~♥
    1. Prisoner of Azkaban
    2. Deathly Hallows
    3. Half Blood Prince
    4. Chanber of Secrets
    5. Goblet of Fire
    6. Sorcerer's Stone
    7. Order of the Pheonix (Just cause Sirius dies!!!)
  • Zoie 2009/07/18 00:21:47
    This is how I rank them:
    Zoie
    There is no way I can rate these books from best to worst . . . I cant even decide which one would be #1 . . . I keep changing my mind
  • Jonas10... Zoie 2009/07/18 03:14:45
    Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~
    Yea...it is really hard to decide. I keep changing my mind too...mostly between the last 3. :)
  • Zoie Jonas10... 2009/07/18 03:17:27
    Zoie
    I cant decide if the Prisoner of Azkaban is actually my favorite of if its one of the others.. lol

..I think it MIGHT be
  • Jonas10... Zoie 2009/07/18 03:36:02
    Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~
    That was a really good book too (much more than I can say for the movie.)
  • Zoie Jonas10... 2009/07/18 03:38:54
    Zoie
    Yeah the movie did not live up to the book.. but they never do
  • Jonas10... Zoie 2009/07/18 03:41:27
    Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~
    No, they don't. But this new one was pretty good. Goblet of Fire was the worst. WAYYY too much cut out of it.
  • Zoie Jonas10... 2009/07/18 03:43:08
    Zoie
    The new one was really good I liked it. My friends who hadnt read the book were very lost though lol
  • Jonas10... Zoie 2009/07/18 03:49:59
    Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~
    Yea, when my dad watches the movies, he's asking questions a lot. But the directors TRY to keep the important things in...it's just that if they did, the movies would be 4 hours long! Which that would not bother me at all!! They should totally do that. I hope the first part of movie 7 is 3 hours long! lol.
  • Zoie Jonas10... 2009/07/18 03:53:19
    Zoie
    +1
    Yeah i wouldnt mind if the movies were super long! hehe. but yeah my mom is always asking questions too and i have to explain things that werent mentioned. I heard that the 7th one is going to be made into 2 movies because its so long

just a rumor though
  • Jonas10... Zoie 2009/07/19 20:50:10
    Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~
    I heard they really are making the last into 2 movies...this JKR special was on ABC, and they said that. But the two different parts of the movies are coming out 6 months apart from each other! wth??
  • Zoie Jonas10... 2009/07/19 21:59:04
    Zoie
    That would actually be really cool though! So when the next one comes out it wont actually be the LAST one... there will still be the other half lol..
  • Jonas10... Zoie 2009/07/20 02:21:04
    Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~
    LOL I know, it's gonna be great. and seeing how they are going to make it into 2 movies, just tells me that they won't cut hardly anything out.
    ...hopefully. Because, I mean it is the last book. :(
  • Zoie Jonas10... 2009/07/20 04:54:02
    Zoie
    Yeah they have to really work hard on this one. They cant leave us disappointed hehe
  • Jonas10... Zoie 2009/07/21 02:36:27
    Jonas108~*In Harry Potter I trust*~
    I know...they'd better make it word for word from the book, lol.
  • Zoie Jonas10... 2009/07/21 04:43:49
    Zoie
    :)
  • ♥əmma~*... Zoie 2009/07/18 03:45:17
    ♥əmma~*In Padfoot I trust*~♥
    Oh POA is my fave too!!!!

2014/10/25 12:04:51