Randy Travis Given Hat, Bond Money By Fans After Naked Arrest?

Kyle 2012/08/09 17:32:43
When Randy Travis emerged from jail yesterday wearing blue scrubs, a
Texas Longhorns hat and a shiner over his eye following his naked DWI
arrest, most fans wanted to know whether the shiner was from the car
accident or some prior misadventure. I, on the other hand, wanted to
know who the hell gave him clothes and whether he was wearing the hat
when he first got arrested. Thankfully, we now have answers to both
questions.

According to TMZ,
the hat was provided by Gary Corley, a local attorney (and big fan) who
offered Travis his services after the arrest went public. He passed
along his own hat so the singer could hide his face upon leaving, which
is a nice gesture, but definitely not as nice as one from another fan
who actually posted Randy’s bond and arranged transportation for the
star. Combined with the jailhouse clothes, it was enough to get Travis
on his way. Being famous might lead to increased exposure and
embarrassment following an arrest, but fan willingness to help out is
definitely a big pro.

There’s no word yet on whether Travis will take Corley up on his offer
for legal services, but since he might be looking at real jail time
related from the DWI incident that also included a charge related to
resisting arrest, he should probably look around and shell out for the
best lawyer he can, which may or may not be this random fan.

• ruthannhausman 2012/08/09 17:56:05
    ruthannhausman
    +4
    See, this is precisely why I don't get involved in the goings-on with the so-called "beautiful people" and their various soap-opera lives. I have always liked Randy Travis' singing style and heard a few interviews years ago about his personal life, etc., and he came off like a really nice fellow. And then he pulls stunts like this.

Everybody comes to points in their lives when things aren't all roses and diamonds. We all have our troubled times, etc. But DWI is despicable no matter who it is that does it. And to behave in the manner that Travis did is going to haunt that old boy for the rest of his life. How totally humiliating and embarrassing. I'll cut him no slack because, if I understood the news report correctly, this is not his first and only DWI. I can be compassionate and forgiving for a one-time loser but beyond that I lose patience.

I am sorry Mr. Travis is having problems and wish him no extra misery, but he needs to take his medicine like a man and get some major counseling assistance. And based on his behavior with the police officers, a little anger management might also be in order. I do hope he gets help, though. His talent has gone a long ways toward entertaining a lot of good people for good causes. I hope he can climb back into the seat of cont...

I am sorry Mr. Travis is having problems and wish him no extra misery, but he needs to take his medicine like a man and get some major counseling assistance. And based on his behavior with the police officers, a little anger management might also be in order. I do hope he gets help, though. His talent has gone a long ways toward entertaining a lot of good people for good causes. I hope he can climb back into the seat of control over his life and get all of this behind him soon. Meanwhile, I hope he sees and appreciates all of the help his friends and fans have offered to him and that it helps him on his way to recovery.

• ken 2012/08/09 22:16:37
    ken
    I have a real hard time feeling sorry for rich, pretentious a wholes. He sure doesn't want me on his jury if he decides to fight the charges. I think everyone should be treated the same in these cases instead of the usual rich guy buys his way out of jail scenario.
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/08/09 19:15:28
    SoCalEx-Dem
    Sure glad Randy has fans that will try to help him through this ordeal.
  • ken SoCalEx... 2012/08/09 22:17:49
    ken
    I sure hope he doesn't turn out to be another one of those fellas that skate because he's rich and famous.
  • SoCalEx... ken 2012/08/10 15:35:56
    SoCalEx-Dem
    I'm sure he will be held accountable for hitting a tree while driving naked. Nobody died its not that big of a deal.
  • ken SoCalEx... 2012/08/10 22:02:50
    ken
    No big deal? You can't be serious. Drunk driving is a violent crime, whether you believe it or not.
  • SoCalEx... ken 2012/08/11 16:44:22
    SoCalEx-Dem
    Its only a serious thing if someone is hurt. He wasn't driving on the freeway during rush hour traffic. He was driving in the country in the middle of the night.
  • ken SoCalEx... 2012/08/11 17:41:31
    ken
    He had to start from somewhere. Is the country the only place you drive drunk so you figure it's okay?
  • SoCalEx... ken 2012/08/11 17:55:56
    SoCalEx-Dem
    I don't drink or drive in the country. I live in Los Angeles! Your trying to make this bigger than it is. What's the purpose of that?
  • ken SoCalEx... 2012/08/11 17:58:39
    ken
    Because you keep claiming DWI is no big deal and anyone that's lost a loved one can certainly tell you different. If you don't like my replies, let this go. Have a nice life.
  • SoCalEx... ken 2012/08/11 18:01:26
    SoCalEx-Dem
    I didn't say DWI wasn't a big thing. What I said was no one was hurt so why make a big deal out of it? He has been arrested and will go to court. You act like he needs to be strung up. I think your overacting!
  • ashlee 2012/08/09 18:16:18
    ashlee
    +1
    I am rendered speechless
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/08/09 18:08:20
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +2
    Shame. Wet brain from too much alcohol. Is there a lower spot to sink to than this???
  • ruthannhausman 2012/08/09 17:56:05
    ruthannhausman
    +4

• Dolly 2012/08/09 17:46:07

2014/11/22 21:23:43