Radio Shack Employee Punches Customer Over Bad Return: Who do you sympathize with?

Kira 2009/04/30 19:08:45
I sympathize with the 52-year-old Radio Shack employee
I sympathize with the Radio Shack customer
I think....
A Radio Shack employee punched a customer in the face. The incident occurred in Eau Claire, Wisconsin when the customer attempted to return a product. The Radio Shack employee said it wasn't possible. When the customer asked to speak to the Radio Shack manager, he got punched in the face.

A bystander called 911 and now the Radio Shack employee is being charged with disorderly conduct and battery.

I worked at Target over this past summer, and I'll admit, some customers seriously believed they were above our return policy. They would argue, sometimes even yell at me. And when the manager came around they would just fume when they found out I was right.

Personally, I sympathize with the Radio Shack employee, because I know how frustrating it can be when a costumer just does not listen.

Who do you sympathize with? The Radio Shack employee or the customer?

• ♥♥ Caren Celine ♥♥ 2009/07/12 19:45:28
    ♥♥ Caren Celine ♥♥
    I mean, he could've been a pain in the ass, but he wasn't supposed to get punched in the face. The employee knows he's not supposed to punch customers in the face.
  • CURTIS 2009/05/13 05:37:43
    CURTIS
    As a fellow Radio Shack "team member" I'm proud of the old man. Because we get some real ass holes in our store every day. I think I'm gaunna incorporate his tactics into my return policy, so to all you Dicks out there...... DON'T PISS OFF THE SHACKY'S OR WELL KNOCK YOUR ASS OUT!!!!!!
  • Paige 2009/05/11 01:29:34
    Paige
    In my last job, customers always believed they were right, even if they were CLEARLY wrong.

he shouldn't have punched the guy, but i still sympathize with the employee.
  • norma 2009/05/05 03:39:11
    norma
    you go man, damn i work in a hotel and i have to put up with the costumers shit all the time even when they are wrong
  • daniellekil 2009/05/02 23:59:45
    daniellekil
    this guy is my hero, i cant tell you how many times i've wanted to do that very thing but didnt have the balls to like this guy!!
  • themaidenraven 2009/05/01 18:58:50
    themaidenraven
    I think he should've just let the guy make a fool out of himself instead of punching the customer.
  • David L 2009/05/01 16:21:39
    I think....
    David L
    that every circumstance needs to be evaluated. Not all returns are legit and some customers need to be punched out. I'm sick of the stores "standard policy" allowing a legitimate customer getting screwed because of "standard policy".
  • Ama 2009/05/01 01:23:03
    I think....
    Ama
    I can understand the frustration, but punching someone while you're working is out of line.
  • CyniqueCharme~La Patron Sup... 2009/05/01 00:09:32 (edited)
    CyniqueCharme~La Patron Suprême de P.H.A.E.T
    I work part time in a shoe store. I cannot even begin to count all the times I've wanted to reach across the return counter and smack a customer across the face.

Some stores don't have return policies if the product has been used or opened. I've been called some pretty nasty things when I reject a return. People get ornery when they don't get their way.

I don't think what the employee did was right, but I definitely feel his pain.
  • ~Zaley~ 2009/05/01 00:08:24
    I think....
    ~Zaley~
    it doesn't matter!! big deal!!
  • PetiteNoir 2009/04/30 23:34:22
    I think....
    PetiteNoir
    Though, as an employee at a very hectic grocer's store I can sympathize with the R.S. employee (though I don't think he should have resorted to physical violance as it just isn't worth your job) I don't have all the information here. Was the customer being an a$$ and wanting to cause trouble? Was there something that day, or in his life to make the employee snap? I can see some things through the customer's P.O.V but sometimes people, as human as they are, can be jerks (even me.) So until I have all the facts I say I sympathize with both.
  • Brad 2009/04/30 20:48:56
    Brad
    +1
    I worked at Radioshack for two years, although I have thought about punching a few of my customers in the face, anything that is said to you should not be responded with a swift punch to the face. SHOW SOME RESTRAINT. You're 52 years old!!!
  • ctuagentdown 2009/04/30 20:19:22
    ctuagentdown
    +1
    because the customer isn't always right i don't know who thinks they are but they are wrong
  • Lysterine 2009/04/30 19:42:28
    Lysterine
    +1
    Employees go through alot of shit everyday so they probably get stressed out a lot so i really don't feel sorry for the person who got punched
  • I sympathize with the 52-year-old Radio Shack employee
    Lady Jules ♥♥ in Lestat I trust ♥♥
    +1
    Anyone who has ever worked retail can sympathize with the employee....

Seriously I think if most people who have never worked retail before in their lives would work retail for just one week and see how horribly they are treated...
  • KARI 2009/04/30 19:21:38
    KARI
    +1
    I've been there. did it at home depot and people would try to scam the store and return shit that was obviously impossible to return and then they would make you look like an ass. GET YOUR MANAGER...and then the manager would make u feel like an ass and make you return it just to get the customer out of the store...and so everyone behind that customer looks at you like, great i gotta deal withthat?
  • Eddie 2009/04/30 19:19:35
    Eddie
    +1
    I've worked in retail for over 7 years and customers can be real idiots sometimes.
  • Simmering Frog 2009/04/30 19:16:09 (edited)
    Simmering Frog
    sympathize 52-year-old radio shack employee

Although I'm not one to condone violence, I think if you buy something from Radio Shack and actually expect it to work (with the exception of coaxial cable) then you kind of deserve a nice punch in the face.

2014/08/21 20:10:57