PUBLIC OPINION > Anti-Obama Film Beats Other Debuts: Are You Interested in Seeing It?

Film 2012/09/05 17:00:00

Hollywood is abuzz at the success of conservative author Diniseh D'Souza's film critique of President Barack Obama, "2016: Obama's America." Earning an estimated $20 million so far, the film is even outpacing some studio films. We asked the public if they'll be headed to their local cinemaplex to see "2016: Obama's America."

Sodahead readers are right on board, with 65% of you expressing an interest in the film. One reader wrote: "it should be required viewing for anyone thinking about voting for this fraud." Ouch! Another reader will take a pass, though, because he's "seen enough of the dude for 4 years. I'm not sitting through a 2-hour movie about him."

Conservatives Line Up

Shouldn't be too surprising: conservatives are excited to see the film, with a whopping 91% saying they're interested. But almost 25% of liberals say they want to check it out as well, though they probably want to leave their Obama/Biden 2012 t-shirts at home.

Teens Aren't Impressed

Hopefully, D'Souza wasn't counting on the teen market, because they're just not that interested. Only 41% said they'd give it a shot, while 72% of those over 65 are interested.

Big Money Buys a Ticket

It seems the more you make, the more you want to see Obama's America. Slightly over half of those who make $74-$100k a year want to see the film, but if you make over $100k a year, you're probably in line to see it right now.

If you'd like to vote on this question, dig deeper into the demographics, or engage in existing discussion about the topic, visit our poll about 2016: Obama's America. We'd love to hear from you!

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/anti-obama-f...

• Silvers... Zeerexx 2012/09/06 00:08:57
    Silvershadows
    +7
    Feel good about yourself and your intellect by not watching it? Right! Don't let anything change your mind. Very informative movie ( I saw it when it came out) it is a great documentary about Obama-----if you didn't 'vet' him before?? you might give it a try. AH, I didn't vote for him the first time and what he's done confirmed my 'vetting'. He's a screwed up, power-happy Marxist/Socialist and is destroying America----as he planned.
  • Dave Br... Zeerexx 2012/09/06 14:12:28
    Dave Brewster
    +1
    The fact you don't possess the intelligence to ask your own questions, makes you a danger to yourself. There was no propaganda, just straight up truth.
  • CAPISCE Zeerexx 2012/09/06 14:18:15
  • Lanikai 2012/09/05 21:36:17
    +3
    Because people WANT the truth.

People want to know where this clown came from;
  • Zeerexx Lanikai 2012/09/05 22:02:22
  • Matthew... Zeerexx 2012/09/06 00:01:38
    Matthew Schwarz
    +1
    If you are going to call someone stupid, at least spell out words and capitalize...
  • Fef Zeerexx 2012/09/06 01:29:19
    Fef
    The film says Obama came from Hawai'i
  • Dave Br... Fef 2012/09/06 14:15:57
    Dave Brewster
    +1
    The film stated his birth was recorded in the local papers a few weeks after his birth. No birth certificate has been locate as yet....
  • Lanikai Dave Br... 2012/09/06 14:19:51
    +1
    My birth was announced in Ohio and Florida newspapers. I was born in California. The announcements were 4 weeks, post birth and a way to let local friends and family know of the alleged "joyous" occasion.

Obie, by all accounts, was born in Kenya and taken to Hawaii not too long after that for birth registration.

At one point, online, we could find and look at his Kenyan Birth Cert and Royal Crown registration, as Kenya WAS a British Territory at that time.
  • Magus BN-0 Lanikai 2012/09/06 07:24:52
    Magus BN-0
    +1
    We already know where Obama came from.
  • CAPISCE Magus BN-0 2012/09/06 20:15:05
    CAPISCE
    We sure know where he's going.
  • Magus BN-0 CAPISCE 2012/09/08 20:44:27
    Magus BN-0
    Yes, we know he's going to spend four more years in the White House.
  • CAPISCE Magus BN-0 2012/09/08 21:19:29
    CAPISCE
    If that's true, Big Federal Gov Socialism will prevail
  • barby karring 2012/09/05 21:35:37
    barby karring
    +1
    No and nothing from romney except for him to reveal his tax returns for last ten years to the public if he has nothing to hide.

The film is just propaganda mind manipulation and subtle stimulus suggestive suasions in hopes of flipping the game over in rnc's favor.
    The film is poll jockeying and spinning for votes.
  • cutter'... barby k... 2012/09/06 02:59:58
  • barby k... cutter'... 2012/09/08 14:22:06 (edited)
    barby karring
    Careful who you vote for son come election time.
    Remember I'm the man in the middle watching this ballgame.
    Careful when you point your finger because you have two choices' "Damn if you do" (R) and your other choice' "Damn if you don't" (D)
    What's it going to be son?
    Vote with your heart, your gut feelings, don't vote on your emotions because they can be based on race and bigotry and based on looks, also based on what a rich businessman is telling you. You tell him to stop complaining about what he think the problems are; and absolutely sign a docrinated promise of transparency about his taxes before he's elected if he's elected, and sign a doctrine that the promises he make are brought into fruition within 'X' amount of days and delivered to the people of this country.
  • cutter'... barby k... 2012/09/09 11:48:29
  • barby k... cutter'... 2012/09/08 15:32:13 (edited)
    barby karring
    Oh' I forgot something...
    You ask can you see obama's school records (why don't you ask); isn't that's what zimmerman doing about trayvon martin's school record dude????
    What the fuk a school record of a child killed by that sik sob got to do with his defense of cold blooded premeditated calculated stalking of a young black kid so he can klll him and run home to set up a website begging gun nut idiots for money for his defense so he can hide the money in the intention of getting rich off of stupid fool giving a killer money for something so wrong that he's done!!!!!!
    Take your bigot argument elsewhere' I'm not the one because you race bait in a sneaky way, but I get it pardner; you're one cent short of calling the president the 'n' word because of your stinking intolerance; but its your own folks son that lie to you with a smile planted on their faces.
    Something for you to ponder'
    My sentiments sir.
  • cutter'... barby k... 2012/09/09 12:08:21
  • barby k... cutter'... 2012/09/13 06:25:26
    barby karring
    Air Foice Sir'
  • The NJ Ladybug 2012/09/05 20:58:15
    The NJ Ladybug
    +2
    D'Souza is a bigot. If you've READ anything of his, you'd know that this movie has to be a twisted exhibit of half-truths and FULL LIES. So, nope! not interested in seeing the movie.
  • Dave Br... The NJ ... 2012/09/06 14:17:53
    Dave Brewster
    You must be one of the people getting my 're-distributed' tax dollars.
  • The NJ ... Dave Br... 2012/10/10 00:28:00
    The NJ Ladybug
    What is it with you people? You cannot respond to a statement? You have to attack the person? sad, sad
  • Cal 2012/09/05 20:34:14
  • Robert Massey 2012/09/05 20:29:32
    Robert Massey
    Well, it's not surprising that the over $100k folks want to see the movie-who else could afford to spend money to watch tediious propaganda targeted against a person who supports working class aspirations,
  • Fef Robert ... 2012/09/06 01:30:46
    Fef
    +4
    Obama preys on the lowest income 50% (who also have the least education). He makes them envy the wealthy by promising them to "share the wealth" and "share the prosperity."
  • kevjon Robert ... 2012/09/06 04:38:27
    kevjon
    +1
    Blacks in 08 were at 12% unemployment, today they are at 16% unemployment. How do you figure he is for the working class when he puts out so much negative propaganda and taxation on the middle class? Are you aware that the so called raise that Obama gave the middle class was just a law saying you no longer had to pay into social security from your income check? Your employer is paying in but now you will retire with half your SS. And just wait until health care kicks in.
  • Dave Br... Robert ... 2012/09/06 14:21:54
    Dave Brewster
    +1
    Sir, you sound like another brain-washed union member. Try thinking for yourself.
  • rustyshackelford 2012/09/05 20:14:52
  • Poopers 2012/09/05 20:13:15
    Poopers
    Just how many people saw Fahrenheit 911 when it was out? I saw it and it showed George Bush to be a horrible man who might have even known that the 911 attack was going to happen and even flew bin laden's family out of New York city days after this terrible tragedy. Conservatives shouted out and even tried to disable people who flocked to the theatres to see this film from Michael Moore and the audience clapped after the showing.
  • Cal Poopers 2012/09/05 20:35:55 (edited)
    Cal
    +8
    Well, the most predictable thing about haters, is that they will hate. Fahrenhate 911 is a trashy film, I'm surprised your not embarrassed by watching anything of Michael Moore. Never mind...I forgot....the multimillionaire is a part of ows's 99%.....
  • kevjon Poopers 2012/09/06 04:41:21
    kevjon
    What was wrong with the Bin Laden's family? Why wouldn't he move them out for their safety? Do you even know who the Bin Laden family are in the world?
  • Dave Br... Poopers 2012/09/06 14:20:25
    Dave Brewster
    There wasn't a single truth in any Michael Moore Communist propaganda film.
  • Garland Bennett 2012/09/05 20:05:09
    Garland Bennett
    +4
    Right now, in the last four years, I don't think I'd ever been as scared as I am today about the situation here in America, under Obama for the past four years. There were times where I literally cried myself to sleep just because of how scared I was that things were turning out real, real scary and that unless something is to be done, things will continue to get worse and we'll be seeing more and more Americans suffer under such harsh and critical conditions. What sucks is that our generation has to be the one that has to get all of this and we're already looked upon as one of the worse generations in existence, which that's sad to know.
    I just hope that things do improve in these next four years. I don't want to believe that America is officially doomed just yet. Just not the best way for our generation to try and make the best of our own future.
  • maci.ma... Garland... 2012/09/10 18:48:31
    maci.mas.96
    lmao!!! you're paranoid my friend. He hasn't done anything, really? What has he done? got minorities such as gays and women some of the rights that have been fought for years YET never implemented by prior presidents?
  • Garland... maci.ma... 2012/09/10 19:28:24
    Garland Bennett
    I'm looking at this from a overall standpoint of what Obama has done. It maybe true that he's got some of the rights for gays and women, but that doesn't change the facts that he's made the country go deeper into debt, healthcare has doubled, mortgages on houses went up high, and a whole mess of factors that has plunged this country's economy even deeper down the toilet. So yeah, I am afraid. Cause it's gotten worse in the past four years than it has been better on an overall perspective.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/09/05 19:13:44
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +5
    Saw it on Monday with the whole family. It digs deep into the shyt that is the true Maobama. When Dubya was in the WH, we could give our daughters what they wanted for their birthdays. Not this year; I cried while my daughter hugged me and said, "It's okay, Mom". That's pretty mature for a girl about to turn 12 but I know she must be hurting and disappointed. The other one says she doesn't want anything, which I know is not true. But they know about Maobama and why we have become poor because of him. Maybe knowing why and never forgetting is a gift unto itself.
  • Magus BN-0 Aqua Su... 2012/09/06 07:26:04
    Magus BN-0
    You've become poor because of Obama? What a joke you are.
  • Aqua Su... Magus BN-0 2012/09/06 14:33:39
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    Pitiful, pathetic Communist. It must suck to be you. Your boy started the job, but he won't get to finish it. You'd be much happier with the rest of the Commie trash down in Venezuela or Cuba. Scram. dkdkfk
  • phil 2012/09/05 18:58:33
    phil
    +3
    I hope. He stinks

2014/10/26 08:09:58