PUBLIC OPINION > Anti-Obama Film Beats Other Debuts: Are You Interested in Seeing It?

SodaHead Film 2012/09/05 17:00:00

Hollywood is abuzz at the success of conservative author Diniseh D'Souza's film critique of President Barack Obama, "2016: Obama's America." Earning an estimated $20 million so far, the film is even outpacing some studio films. We asked the public if they'll be headed to their local cinemaplex to see "2016: Obama's America."

2016 obama chart

Sodahead readers are right on board, with 65% of you expressing an interest in the film. One reader wrote: "it should be required viewing for anyone thinking about voting for this fraud." Ouch! Another reader will take a pass, though, because he's "seen enough of the dude for 4 years. I'm not sitting through a 2-hour movie about him."

Conservatives Line Up

Shouldn't be too surprising: conservatives are excited to see the film, with a whopping 91% saying they're interested. But almost 25% of liberals say they want to check it out as well, though they probably want to leave their Obama/Biden 2012 t-shirts at home.

Teens Aren't Impressed

Hopefully, D'Souza wasn't counting on the teen market, because they're just not that interested. Only 41% said they'd give it a shot, while 72% of those over 65 are interested.

Big Money Buys a Ticket

It seems the more you make, the more you want to see Obama's America. Slightly over half of those who make $74-$100k a year want to see the film, but if you make over $100k a year, you're probably in line to see it right now.

If you'd like to vote on this question, dig deeper into the demographics, or engage in existing discussion about the topic, visit our poll about 2016: Obama's America. We'd love to hear from you!

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/anti-obama-f...

• texasred Joey 2012/09/07 21:56:46
    texasred
    +2
    I don't know why you would say that. You should go see it. All it does is show where he got his values and why he makes the decisions he makes. A lot of people on the left would like it. It helps validate their faith in him. But that's because those people have a different view for America's future than most of us have.
  • Joey texasred 2012/09/07 22:03:17
    Joey
    +1
    This does not show anything about where Obama is coming from . The dude has not even spoken to Obama yet he thinks that he knows the inter working of the man. You guys want to believe the worse in Obama no matter what .. you are you willing to believe any negative thing about him. The person who you are defending claims that Obama have a sympathy to terrorist . When under Obama we have taken out more terrorist scum than under Bush . We even got OBL under Obama . And the maker of the movie says that the people who attacked us on 9/11 were warriors and not cowards .
  • texasred Joey 2012/09/07 22:30:49
    texasred
    +2
    Waste of time trying to talk with you. Go away.
  • Joey texasred 2012/09/07 22:48:46
    Joey
    +1
    Wow so in place of addressing I stated you tell me to go away. I guess that is the best thing to do when you can not address what someone else had to say .
  • texasred Joey 2012/09/07 22:53:33
    texasred
    +1
    I don't have time to write things here that you won't listen to anyway. I can address what you wrote. But I'm tired of wasting my time.
  • Joey texasred 2012/09/07 22:59:42
    Joey
    +1
    I always hear people out. If you would like to point out how my above statements are wrong I would love to hear them . So I could amend , or take them out all together of my conventions with the other side.
  • MR. 2012/09/06 19:24:11
    MR.
    +4
    THE PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL MEDIA, THE MARXIST-SOCIALIST VOTERS AND THE ANTI-AMERICAN CANDIDATES ARE RUNNING SCARED! *(BE "VERY AFRAID!") •WARNING• -"These truths will melt down the "enemies of the state" like a cold bucket of water thrown on the old wicked witch,... you have your disclaimer,... "Now Go!"-
  • Embalmer 2012/09/06 18:55:41
    Embalmer
    +1
    That's funny. It started out strong at the box office but it's petered out as of late. This also tells me there are more right wingers on here than there are liberals, so this poll does not offer a legitimate sampling.

I think this hurt the film as well -

• Jay Theyme Embalmer 2012/09/06 21:30:49 (edited)
    Jay Theyme
    Right but you have a far extreme version of that same analysis with Maher who's left-wing audience is going to cheer and hoot at every sarcastic word he puts in D'Souzas mouth. His audience is small and extreme anti-conservative
    however,
    The thing with documentaries is that they have a completely different standard than other films.
    2 Moore films stand out as aberrant exceptions and you might find 'Expelled' and just a few others that get to 'mainstream' types of realms,
    but,
    for the sake of this argument let's just throw out a guesstimate - 90% of documentaries get ZERO. Actually most COST the film-makers money in the long run. I'm sure many more lost plenty.
    A rare little handful actually get to open in any kind of 'national opening' (no matter how small) and what surprises people is that even some of those 'big hits' barely made a dime or certainly nothing like the mainstream 'Snow Buddies 5' or anything like that.
    So you look at it like this: Yes, for a political documentary, compared against all political documentaries... and possibly take into account the new reality of netflix and filesharing (we don't need a theater for documentaries anymore) and yes this did surprisingly well so far.
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 04:32:49
    Joey
    +1
    1:30 he said Obama could have taken ideas from the Republicans for health care . Yet Obamacare is based off of an Republican plan .

At 2:20 Bill point out that Republicans wanted to block everythign Obama came up with . We can see this kind of thing here .

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/20...

5:40 he sites Obama going into the the auto industry..yet the bailout started under Bush. And was supported by Ryan.
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 04:50:43 (edited)
    Jay Theyme
    Hi. I'm not sure what you want to discuss here. The topic was about 2016 but now you want to change this to a video exchange where we debate this and that and fight over this pundit's opinions or I'm not sure?

There is one massive difference between Romney-care and Obama-care. One was state and the other federal.
    The commentator says "Well thats not important to someone who is opposed to ANY kind of government intervention". Okay. Who cares about that person? I don't. Do you? To many people that is a massive different whether its federal or state plans so there you are.
    And now lets smash another issue here. Romney can be all for 'RomneyCare' all he wants and STILL dislike the way Obama wasted 4 years on his version. Nothing confusing or 'contradictory' about that at all.

At 2:20. Let's get something clear: OBAMA AND DEMOCRATS HAD POWER FOR TWO FULL YEARS.
    I would like to repeat this to anyone else: DEMOCRATS HAD POWER.
    What happened was that some people voted in Republicans who clearly intended to block Obama. Yes. Exactly. Yes exactly right they did. You can blame voters for that.
    Yes, I agree it's very strange Obama is at a convention boasting about how he 'saved the auto industry'.
    The economic collapse AND...

The economic collapse AND much of the 'bailouts' actually happen BEFORE Obama takes office. Now.. they DID invite Obama to the White House (obviously as President Elect) so he would get in on the plans. Obviously since he'd be taking over the recovery.
    Now, its up to Obama to take responsibility for HOW he handled bailouts and stimulus etc etc.

But again, I'm not sure what we are doing now? Do you want to keep going on for 4 months about who said what, how to interpret this as that?

It's really about this: D'Souza is a beast. He is fully capable of taking people down. Some say D'Souza ended Phil Donahue's show (some say Donahue had a nervous breakdown directly from D'Souza),
    and
    'Legendary Atheist Horseman' Daniel Dennett retired his 'horse' immediately following a terrible mistake in debating D'Souza.
    D'Souza is no joke.

Now, you go ahead and have these 'micro-debates' about anything you want but you ought to take his film seriously. It WILL hurt Obama. How much I don't know. But it IS A REAL threat.
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 05:03:52
    Joey
    +1
    Romney wanted Romneycare at the NATIONAL level . Hell he wrote an Opt Ed endorsing it . And he never talk it up on national TV .

D'Souza is not a beast he is a racist liar that feeds off the irrational fears the people have about a black man . You can say that I am playing the race card all you want .. but this guy is claiming Obama is the Angry Black Man . Joe Wilson yelled at the President while he was giving a speech and he was just as claim as person could be . If he had rage issue .. he would have done something right there .

The only people who would buy into this move are people who not want to vote for him in the first place. Hell the top poster is talking about reeducation camps a claim that has been debunked time and time over .
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 06:00:01 (edited)
    Jay Theyme
    +1
    Uh no. D'Souza isn't a racist or a liar. Nobody thinks that. Nobody thought that. It isn't a 'known thing' or something you are introducing that will work as a new smear campaign.
    What is really most interesting about D'Souza's view is that he identified with Obama. You might be most interested in D'Souza being just as brown as Obama,
    but,
    Its that they both grew up outside the USA much of their early life. They both attend similar Universities and at the same time. I think they even marry the same time.
    So no, nobody thinks D'Souza is talking about 'angry black man' or is a 'racist' and yes you are desperately (almost hilariously) going for the lamest of all race card attacks and hoping it will prevent people from seeing this film.
    *have zero interest what the current top poster says. You made that sound (desperately) like 'SEE... even a birther likes it!' lol.
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 06:08:30
    Joey
    +1
    He supports Discrimination . He called mistreatment of black people Rational Discrimination . I don't care how Brown D'Souza is as I highlighted before be he benefited from the racist caste system in India. A person who supports Discrimination is not a racist in your book. And as Bill saying Obama as rage issue . When I have pointed out he does not . Maybe someone like Joe Wilson has rage issues.
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 06:12:58
    Jay Theyme
    +1
    D'Souza is an anti-racist. Not just because he is brown or an immigrant. He has is anti-racist because he rejects the idea of judging anyone by their skin.

Now, I'm not sure why you are being a racists against D'Souza all of a sudden? Making racist insults against his 'caste' or now you are saying you don't care about brown-skinned people?

Why are you opposed to D'Souza's fight against racism in the first place?
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 06:25:26 (edited)
    Joey
    +1
    What did I say that was racist about his Caste . I pointed out that he benefited from his caste . They is like saying a white person in the 50 benefited from being white compared to a black person . So now how is playing the race card .

He is not anti racist at all . Like I pointed out before he supports Discrimination .

Also look what David Frum said about your hero...

When last was there such a brazen outburst of race-baiting in the service of partisan politics at the national level? George Wallace took more care to sound race-neutral. … Nothing more offends conservatives than liberal accusations of racial animus. Yet here is racial animus, unconcealed and unapologetic, and it is seized by savvy editors and an ambitious politician as just the material to please a conservative audience. That’s an insult to every conservative in America.

Tell me something why has Obama gone after more terrorist, even into nations that they Republicans did not want to go into get terrorist . If he is so anti imperialism.
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 06:34:55
    Jay Theyme
    Yes, i see you went looking for someone to back up your racist opinion of D'Souza but that's not enough to justify your bigotry against Brown people.

I mean, you do admit you are calling a brown guy a liar?
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 07:06:52
    Joey
    +1
    I have backed up my view points with my own statements pointing out for the 3 time that he supports Discrimination in his own writings. And I used a Rightie to bring home that point. Anyone can be a liar . No matter what color they are. However when you hate someone and either have to make up reason for that hate . It says a lot. I ask many people things like can you name 5 reason you don't like Obama . And they can not be vague reason, they could not be things that Republicans do or have recently supported, and lastly they can not be lies. While some people can do this most people I talk to can not .
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 07:10:06 (edited)
    Jay Theyme
    And I backed up my point about you being racist and fighting against a brown guy and apparently even his 'caste' which you disparaged.
    I backed that up with your own words.

So, if a racist and a liar like you is against this film? Then that is all the more reason people should go see this anti-racism film by D'Souza!
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 07:14:56 (edited)
    Joey
    +1
    LOL .. you have to point out where I disparaged his caste. Are you suggesting by pointing out that some caste had it better then others.. is a racist statement ?
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 07:32:34
    Jay Theyme
    Well attacking a brown immigrant is the racist part with you but your disparaging of his caste is simply discrimination.

I'm still not quite clear why you discriminate against his caste anyways? You are upset his caste wasn't as high-ranking as others?

Or do you discriminate against ALL Indian castes??
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 07:41:01
    Joey
    +1
    What type of game or you playing here ?
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 07:42:55 (edited)
    Jay Theyme
    Yours.
    *and it looks like I won too.
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 13:50:04
    Joey
    +1
    Not really since unlike me .. you don't address question that are ask. For example you said that I was being racist for downing a brown person . I clearly pointing out that you can disagree with Obama, and not be racist . But when your disagreements come from things that are made up. Like him being full of rage..There is something else to going on.
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 20:34:53
    Jay Theyme
    I'm simply playing your game. We actually go for the big shocking lie first. You are a racist and discriminate against brown people.

Now I can't lose. You lose credibility for anything else after that - but - even if you successfully turn back 90% of this accusation - you're still a bit of a racist,

and,

Really the main thing is that we keep talking about your racism and why you hate brown people. Just keep you on the defensive is enough. That point is we now keep the conversation about... you being or not being a racist!

There can even be an added twist. No matter what I can joke about your racism later. Just joking! Reference that racism issue you had. Now its a 'theme' your known for.

Later I might say 'ya.. but let's face it Joey.. we all know the REAL reason behind that *cough cough KKk* ahem!
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 21:30:59
    Joey
    +1
    I am not playing in games . I have backed my statements up about this man. You are just at a point were you can not defend your statements so you are doing this whole dumb act. Wow acting dumb and not not being able to back up your statements . You D'Souza have a lot in common. Too bad he was able to con people like you into giving him money for his act .
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 21:41:29
    Jay Theyme
    The difference is that I have backed up my comments about your racism with facts. Using YOUR own racially charged words and YOUR own Discrimination. You are just making claims you cannot back up and basing it on his 'caste' (skin-colour, race). Something you can't seem to defend.
  • Joey Jay Theyme 2012/09/07 22:05:04
    Joey
    +1
    You have yet to point out have I bashed his caste. But I see you are to much of a coward to address real points.
  • Jay Theyme Joey 2012/09/07 22:28:33 (edited)
    Jay Theyme
    Oh I see you are trying to squirm out of your discrimination against D'Souza's culture. I guess your too much of a coward to defend this:

"..he benefited from the racist caste system in India"

You even admitted you don't care about brown people and there in your own words you made bigoted comments about their ethnic culture.

It's one thing that you have been caught red-handed being an anti-ethnic bigot but at least have the balls to admit it?
  • Kurt Joey 2012/09/08 23:29:28
    Kurt
    Hey Joey, in which caste was D' Souza born?? How did he benefit from the caste into which he was born? Do you even know anything about the caste system in India? The problem with racists such as yourself, is that you see everything in the context of race and then believe that everyone else is like you. There are actually people in this world who don't see everyone and every issue through the prism of race and those people are called conservatives.
  • Joey Kurt 2012/09/08 23:50:52
    Joey
    You say you don't see everything in terms of racist .. yet you call me a racist LOL. He is a Goan Catholic.. if you don't know the the caste system effect people in Indian. If you don't know the the caste system effected people in India I feel bad for you.
  • Kurt Joey 2012/09/09 00:14:28
    Kurt
    Hey Joey, jerks who continue to bring up the issue of race when it is a non-issue (as in the case of Barack Hussein Obama II) are called racists. You liberals always say the same tired old cr@p about Obama not being liked because he is black. First of all, he isn't black if his mother was white. That would make him bi-racial or multi-racial. Secondly, a Goan is not a group in India's caste system. A Goan is someone who is from Goa, a state in India. Like a typical liberal, you babble on and on about things that you know nothing of-- notice how you could not answer any of my questions. You cannot tell me into which caste he was born or how he benefitted from it. You liberals are the most ignorant people on the planet. Just look at your spelling, grammar, and sentence structures. You should have paid more attention in school-- or maybe that is part of the problem. The kids today are all being taught by a bunch of liberals.
  • Joey Kurt 2012/09/09 00:38:33
    Joey
    Republicans leaders have said that they he hates White people , and that he was an Affirmative Action President. Those movie in question talks about how he hates white people ...Mitt Romney said he did not appreciate the Anglo-Saxon bond we had with the UK.

Next to say he is not black is funny . Since most African Americas are part while .They never stop anyone else from calling black people ni--ers .

You don't know how he benefited from this caste .. people in the upper caste were apart to go to better schools , known as Jesuit schools. The Reason why I highlighted Goa is due to the fact unlike other places in India .. these people act as if no groups have been oppressed in India and have even been condemned by Pope John Paul . If you want more details about his caste he was a Brahmins. This are the people on the top of the system .

If this was an English class I would care about my writing since it is not, it has nothing to do with the truth of my arguments.
  • Kurt Joey 2012/09/09 00:22:07
    Kurt
    "if you don't know the the caste system effect people in Indian. If you don't know the the caste sytem effected people in India I..." Did you mean the the the the caste system in India affected people??
  • Joey Kurt 2012/09/09 00:41:57
    Joey
    Wow you are really wasting my time with effect and affect. If want to go there ..lets go there .
  • maci.ma... Joey 2012/09/10 11:17:23 (edited)
  • Pecos Sal 2012/09/06 18:40:45
    Pecos Sal
    +3
    We made a 200 mile round trip to see this. Well worth the ticket, all people who are going to vote for obama needs to see who he is, then decide if they want his amerka.
  • ☆ Queen... Pecos Sal 2012/09/07 03:17:23
    ☆ QueenAline
    they won't see it...consider seeing it..or accept it as the truth...unfortunate don't ya think?
  • Pecos Sal ☆ Queen... 2012/09/08 15:09:54
    Pecos Sal
    +1
    Everyone should read the Dreams of my Father which was used as a back drop of the movie and if you are a supporter of Obama I think you would want to support and embrace his ideals. They should not be afraid to see who he is and who he has around him, I have just read the book The Communist Frank Marshall Davis; who was a mentor and family friend...which with other books confirms the history of the Communist in Amerka.
  • Joey Pecos Sal 2012/09/07 04:33:53
    Joey
    +1
    Yeah you agree with someone who calls the people who attacked us on 9/11 warriors.

2014/04/23 17:20:41