Philadelphia cream cheese pulls their advertising from ABC show Good Christian B****** after just one week

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/03/08 02:50:41

Philadelphia Cream Cheese won't be spreading the good word during GCB.

Kraft has decided that it will no longer advertise its cream cheese during ABC's midseason show, which is based on the book series Good Christian Bitches, TMZ reports.

Ratings: GCB has a modest debut

"Philadelphia has decided to pull its advertising from GCB ... We have received a few complaints from consumers and their opinions about our advertising are important to us," a company spokesperson told the site. "We have recently decided to redirect our advertising to other programs."

GCB stars Leslie Bibb, Kristin Chenoweth, Annie Potts, Jennifer Aspen and Miriam Shor as Southern Christian women in living a wealthy enclave in Dallas. The show has come under fire for what some called a derogatory depiction of Christians. Earlier, New York City Councilman Peter Vallone also called for a boycott of the show because "the title of the show alone is yet another outrageous attack on the Christian faith. Charlie Sheen will be back on Two and a Half Men before we see a similar title targeting another religion."

GCB airs on Sundays at 10/9c on ABC.

Do you think GCB is derogatory to the Christian faith?

I Love This Show

Read More: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kraft-Philadelphia-Cre...

• Zammo 2012/03/08 04:14:07
    Zammo
    +4
    That's just silly. The show does not attack Christianity. It does make fun of holier than thou hypocrites so I guess they like people of that sort. Some people have no sense of humor. The main criticism I had was that it was predictable and unoriginal. It didn't seem the least bit controversial to me.

• Random 2012/09/07 05:09:24
    Random
    They do realize, of course, that one of the Actors (Carleen) is an Evangelical Christian, don't they?
    If anything, this show insults hypocritical, holier than thou, judgmental Pharisees. And those people are the real insult to Christians!
  • Jewelz136 2012/08/25 21:42:55
    Jewelz136
    +1
    oh dear, christians have no sense of humor and to make this big fuss about a tv show?? I'm surprised that they don't boycott tv shows with violence in it but they fell more offended about a show like GCB. I am a christian myself (but not so conservative, more liberal type if i can say so:P) and i find it soooo funny :) too bad that they cancelled it :(
  • Gloria 2012/03/08 14:00:17
    Gloria
    +2
    Kraft, the maker of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, has a right to make it's decisions. If GCB takes off, and I hope it does, Kraft can lick it's corporate wounds.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/03/08 09:20:28
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +3
    It's attacking hypocrisy, which even Jesus did.
    +2
    MY MY MY> But these same "christians" do care about what Rush Limbaugh says about a college student.

What a bunch of hypocrits.
  • Wilde~MoonChild ™ 2012/03/08 04:56:43
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    The show isn't saying this is how Christians behave, its telling the story of those christian women and how they behave...
  • Gloria Wilde~M... 2012/03/08 13:56:04
  • Zammo 2012/03/08 04:14:07
    Zammo
    +4
  • ★~Docto... Zammo 2012/03/08 04:14:57
  • zbacku 2012/03/08 04:05:11
    zbacku
    So, why isn't this reported? And to think we see in an U.K. publication. PROOF POSITIVE that journalism is dead in America.
  • HAlex1972 2012/03/08 03:56:01
    HAlex1972
    +2
    I started watching the pilot the other night and was so disgusted by the snobbery that I had to turn it off. Now, learning what "GCB" stands for, I'm even more offended.
  • Your friendly neighborhood ... 2012/03/08 03:18:34
    Your friendly neighborhood stalker
    +2
    Good, smart move for them.
  • 16 2012/03/08 03:03:59
    16
    +2
    Eh, who cares.

2014/04/20 12:03:28