Peyton to the Broncos, good or bad move?

Moonage 2012/03/19 17:16:34
Related Topics: Bad, Hero, Bronco
Smart
Dumb
Looks like Peyton's going to the Broncos. The Broncos have a "hero" at QB already. Smart or dumb move by the Broncos?

• Matt 2012/03/19 18:43:45
    Smart
    Matt
    Peyton is looking out for what he feels is best for him. Pass protection is probably a major consideration. Tennessee has wasted some valuable free agent recruiting time while courting him. I hope that they have a "plan B".
  • Moonage Matt 2012/03/20 12:57:41
    Moonage
    +1
    I can't see how pass protection was a factor in the decision.
    http://2011-nfl-team.pikimal....

Denver was one of the worst in 2011 with 42
    Tennessee, one of the best with 24.
  • Matt Moonage 2012/03/20 15:38:09
    Matt
    Unless the made him some kind of promise, he's really sticking his neck out.
  • Moonage Matt 2012/03/20 17:19:51
    Moonage
    +1
    Promises don't mean much. The protection's either there or not. They can't draft one person and fix it. I think the lure of working with Elway was the bait. But, I think this is a bad match for both sides.
  • NPC 2012/03/19 17:44:55
    Smart
    NPC
    The Broncos owner wants results this season. Denver wants to win and this could be the ticket if Peyton Manning can still pass the football. Gamble and win or lose. NFL owners can afford to do many things others can only dream of.
  • Moonage NPC 2012/03/19 18:01:25
    Moonage
    I'm pretty well convinced Peyton's best moves are behind him. I like the guy fine but he'll be 36 next week and nursing a gimpy neck. The Broncos problem wasn't the quarterback after a point, he played fine. The problem was a porous offensive line that never really did get fixed. You toss in that gimpy neck with the same offensive line and you have a recipe for disaster.

2014/09/16 02:54:29