Parents Television Council Calls on Oxygen to Drop Shawty Lo's Reality Show 'All My Babies' Mamas': Does the Show Undermine Family Values?

Fef 2013/01/09 23:00:00
Shawty Lo (born with the name Carlos Walker), gained fame as a bi-sexual rapper, founder of D4L Records, and member of hip hop group D4L. Now, Shawty Lo will take his fame to even higher lofts with a new reality show on Oxygen network.

The show focuses on Shawty's family -- Shawty fathered eleven children with 10 different mamas. The Parents Television Council wants Oxygen to drop the show because they claim it undermines family values.

“Every time we think that the television industry couldn’t stoop any lower, sadly one of the networks steps forward to prove us wrong,” said PTC President Tim Winter in a statement “This new project in development at Oxygen is grotesquely irresponsible and exploitive, and we urge the network to cease any further work on it immediately.”

Personally, I don't see how this one show undermines family values any more than 90 percent of television shows -- they all do a horrible job of promoting the most important institution in any society: family.

Read More: http://allhiphop.com/2013/01/09/the-parents-televi...

• TiffanyBelle 2013/01/09 23:29:06 (edited)
    TiffanyBelle
    +17
    although this is an extreme version, the "baby mama drama" is a reality for more and more in today's times.

as long as this guy is taking care of his families, it's a good example of fatherhood even though he can't keep his pants on. what's the difference between this stupid show and sister wives???

i don't condone this behavior but i do see that it's just like any other train wreck of a show - honey boo boo, jersey shore, real housewives of anywhere, etc. - and i refuse to watch this crap and most of what cable TV has to offer.

we cut the cable cord more than a year ago and i'm very happy to declare that i don't miss it. TV has been going downhill as far as content i care about for many years.

turn off the tv

• Frank 2013/04/30 20:07:53 (edited)
    Frank
    Hey PTC, which of the two examples do believe most undermines family values: TV evangelical crooks, such as Benny Hinn, who steal money from people by promising them miracles of worrying about a show like all my babies' mamas'? I guess the gruesome violence in the Passion of the Christ and tv mini series "the Bible" also follows your standards of "family values".
  • Prophet 2013/01/14 15:49:23
    Prophet
    +1
    Trash it! I certainly hope he is supporting all these women & children out of his own pocket. This should be checked out.
  • kimmie 2013/01/14 15:47:12
    kimmie
    +1
    They might as well cancel here come honey boo boo and toddlers and tiara from TLC ok I think it is interesting to watch but I find stupid also , the sad thing is that nothing on tv is educational anymore !
  • jtmekjian 2013/01/14 15:41:38
    jtmekjian
    It's not the show itself that undermines family values but the fact that Oxygen had the gall to create and air such a show.
  • jeane 2013/01/14 14:52:13 (edited)
    jeane
    +2
    Since about 75% of black children born in this country are born to women that have never been married - it is SICKENING TO ME! . How can we ever build with no foundation? This glorifies what is base and destructive to our nation.
  • drdos1943 jeane 2013/01/14 22:08:02 (edited)
    drdos1943
    +1
    The problem of a 70% or more illegitimate births in the Black community is a Black community problem that has to be addressed by the Black community. Until that happens, nothing will change, and the problem may even become worse.

Next store to me live three young black children with a single mother.. on welfare, but she is working and trying her best to take care of them. We are helping out. She cannot be home when they come home from from school, so they come to our home. I am a former high school teacher and college instructor. I sit down with those kids and tell them all sorts of stories in history and correct behavior.... help them with their home work, but never give them the answers. I give them chores to do, for which I pay them ... , but only after their home work is completed.... no work, no pay. I have become their father figure. These kids are smart....one of them is brilliant. I will, with the best of my ability, make sure that these kids succeed and become self reliant and not fall into the mindset of much of the current Black culture of sponging off government handouts. Call me racist if you will; but I sleep very comfortably at night.
  • jeane drdos1943 2013/01/15 01:30:10 (edited)
    jeane
    +1
    They will remember you all of their lives. You are planting good seeds. The black community where I lived screamed when I took my talented children and put them into the premier private Christian prep school where we lived. I took a lot of heat but I did it anyway. I now have five college graduates. They are all contributors! (and tax payers)
  • drdos1943 jeane 2013/01/15 19:36:11
    drdos1943
    +1
    Jean... you are beautiful.
  • jeane drdos1943 2013/01/15 20:51:10
    jeane
    +1
    So are you!
  • jeane drdos1943 2013/01/15 01:32:49
    jeane
    +1
    The black community will never address this problem dear friend. It just won't happen. Why? - I don't know! Neither Owebama nor any other popular Black leader will address this issue either.
  • Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2013/01/13 22:24:59
    Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Look at him, standing there with his arms folded, like he's wearing a cape and just saved the world! It just makes me hurt that I can't kick that piece of trash right in the balls.
  • PM Lawnmow... 2013/01/14 15:17:09
    PM
    +1
    LOL!!! Loved your comment. He is standing there like he's done something special and something to be proud of. He's like, "Hey everybody look at me, I got my own TV Show!" Ummm yeah, its about how stupid you are.
  • Michael 2013/01/13 22:01:52
    Michael
    +2
    I remember when people were outraged because of Candice Bergen having a baby out of wedlock on her TV show in the 1990's and it setting a bad example. Things only get worse...
  • Elz 2013/01/13 21:57:58
    Elz
    but it just make some people look bad.
  • Healingme 2013/01/13 21:15:16
    Healingme
    +1
    That's crazy!
  • FanOreilly 2013/01/13 21:11:38
    FanOreilly
    +3
    He is a feral pig and these are his sows.
  • bill.fleming.77 2013/01/13 20:02:19
    bill.fleming.77
    +1
    Also the 16 and pregnant show on MTV. I do applaud the show for showing how difficult it is to have a kid at 16, there are actually a lot worse shows on MTV that glorify the idiocy of young people.
  • Ado Christian 2013/01/13 19:01:08
    Ado Christian
    +3
    Why should any network give a soapbox to a piece of work like this fool? There is less than zero reason to glorify anyone with no personal responsibility or morals. Carlos Walker is without any redeeming social value. I will absolutely be blocking the Oxygen channel on my cable TV. This POS is inappropriate for viewing by children(or even adults).
  • American☆Atheist 2013/01/13 15:34:12
    American☆Atheist
    Looks like a christian family to me. christian family http://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms...
  • jtmekjian America... 2013/01/14 15:39:39
  • Ichiban Otousan 2013/01/13 13:21:33
    Ichiban Otousan
    +2
    but most of today's programming does.
  • American 1st 2013/01/13 13:08:32
    American 1st
    +4
    Guess he has no consideration for children, especially his own.

How would you like to be growing up with THAT as your father? What kind of example or role model is he? Does he think his children are or will be proud of their man-whore father? Excuse me while I barf...

I'm glad I grew up in a stable home with a loving mother AND father. Family meant a lot & still does.

I will never watch that garbage show.
  • CAPISCE 2013/01/13 02:59:15
    CAPISCE
    +5
    Just the reality that there is a commonly used term "Baby Momma" says all we need to know about the decline of American society
  • juneathomas 2013/01/13 02:34:58
  • mrcharlesjohnsonjr 2013/01/13 01:44:33
    mrcharlesjohnsonjr
    +8
    It undermines what most people consider family values. But I dont take shows like this serious. . Its just entertainment
  • kage 2013/01/13 00:55:51
    kage
    what is wrong with television these days?! there is nothing on tv. whatever i'll just read some books.
    as long as he cares for his family, sure. but i don't really care. i only care about my own family and friends, not these people on tv.
  • Eddie_DOMA_is_dead 2013/01/12 22:54:30
  • Shonny 2013/01/12 20:44:25
    Shonny
    +2
    I have never heard of this show, but yes, bad bad example to American children who are already left with over 50 percent of unfathered homes. This is not something to aspire to, these women and their children are completely being cheated out of a healthy family scenario. HOWEVER, i am a little torn because there are tribes, some African, and Mormons that have multiple wives and children, but I recognize that they are WIVES and under the roof of the male. The women from this show are running single parent household which statistically leads to poverty, depression, and sometimes criminal activity from angry fatherless boys-and girls.
  • Tiger!! 2013/01/12 20:22:29
    Tiger!!
    Its a ok show damn that's a lot of kids tho!!!!
  • Augure3VI 2013/01/12 14:18:21
  • gvc 2013/01/12 03:59:11
    gvc
    +4
    What a disgusting human being. I can't believe anyone would consider this crap entertainment.
  • roxie 2013/01/12 02:58:22
    roxie
    +2
    but so does most programs on that station.
    Not to mention Style network, Blaze TV, The so-called Learning Channel and many more media brain crap!
  • pennie 2013/01/11 23:44:02
    pennie
    +2
    Just another Dirty Dick , and the women are nasty too...Just let the man go in RAW DOGGGGG. just making all those ugly babies, hell look at him and them, not so much the kids but come on.
  • Atomic_Rooster 2013/01/11 23:14:51
    Atomic_Rooster
    +4
    99% of the crap Hollywood puts out undermines family values. NBC Daytime soaps has men kissing in bed, totally disgusting!
  • pennie Atomic_... 2013/01/11 23:52:08
    pennie
    +3
    agree with you on that one, they have taken this gay crap to another level on TV.
  • Gwen 2013/01/11 19:13:55
    Gwen
    +4
    "I didn't ask for it. It just happened."----great role mode for young people.
    #noselfcontrol

"I'm taking care of my kids"....( it's not all about finances...it's called time, devotion, modeling loyalty, respect, not just manufacturing babies...and writing checks...selling out for tv...more money...more exposure......having all these arguing women and exposing these children to this mess......is beyond)
  • Gwen Gwen 2013/01/11 19:19:05 (edited)
    Gwen
    +1
    better option:
    duck dynasty
  • pennie Gwen 2013/01/11 23:53:43
    pennie
    +1
    So true...My kids have the same father, no problem. That show is just SAD..How nasty could one person be.
  • Airhead 2013/01/11 18:39:47
    Airhead
    You can't censor reality no matter how much you want to.
  • nickthe... Airhead 2013/01/12 19:46:45
    nickthestick
    +12
    but what man has 11 kids from 10 women, normal men dont do that, you should only have a kid from one mother, two is understandable, three is pushing it but TEN?!?!?!?!?! ten is RETARDED!

2014/08/28 07:25:23