Netflix Interested in Resurrecting Terra Nova?

Kyle 2012/03/08 23:32:52

The ambitious, or perhaps just over-reaching Netflix are now looking at the possibility of bringing the recently-axed Terra Nova back to life. They’ve already resurrected Arrested Development for a new series, coming along later this year.

But an episode of Terra Nova is likely to be a lot more expensive than an episode, indeed several episodes of Arrested Development.

Deadline say that Terra Nova did
show particular appeal with young audiences using DVRs and catch up
services, so a subscription streaming company might be a good home for
it. If they can afford it. And that’s a big if.

I’d like to see Netflix try something lower budget and more
idiosyncratic. If they can land on something unique to their service
that is fresh and gets lots of buzz, I imagine their original
programming might start to seem more appealing and build a cool
reputation of its own – the way we think of HBO has being the home to a
certain sort of show. New series of canned Network shows, however, seems
a bit lacking in imagination and more of a short term play.

• Fenris 2013/11/25 06:17:32
  • Savious 2012/09/26 15:23:08
    Savious
    +1
    I know this is an old post; but I found it odd; since I just started to watch Terra Nova on Netflix; since I missed it on fox.

Funny, because so far I am enjoying it; which leads me to believe, that it like other shows, had very good potential; they just failed to advertise its release well enough to capture the attention of the audience who would watch it (firefly comes to mind).

I think several of these production ventures, are getting killed before they probably should; based on initial ratings. In today’s world; often times people simply don’t catch the first show, and find themselves catching up on the show via Netflix, hulu, or some other media.

For myself, Walking Dead is a perfect example; I didn’t watch the first season on TV, but caught it on Netflix; which lead to me watching season 2 on TV. I have a feeling; that Terra Nova, would have picked up several percentage points of viewership in the second season, from folks like me catching season one on another media, and then becoming interested.
  • Dawn 2012/03/10 18:05:00
    Dawn
    +1
    I LOVE Terra Nova! Commander Taylor kicks a$$! And he be hot for an older man.
  • prosperhappily 2012/03/09 16:38:56
    prosperhappily
    +1
    If netflix is going to grow, it's going to have to do stuff like this. But, it's going to have to be selective and budget conscious.
  • Fenris prosper... 2014/01/09 14:26:17
    Fenris
    True though they SHOULD dump a lot of those B movies (Or even G movies) and make room for real good movies and shows.
  • flaca BN-0 2012/03/09 01:40:35
    flaca BN-0
    +3
    ooooh and could they please resurrect Firefly. I love that show.
    firefly
  • Fenris flaca BN-0 2013/11/25 06:19:28 (edited)

2014/10/23 08:08:05