Music Legends: Who was the greatest entertainer of all time?

Peter Griffin 2009/06/30 18:43:20
Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Michael Jackson
Other music legend...
Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and The Beatles are known to be one the best musical icons that revolutionized the music industry. In your own opinion, Who was the greatest entertainer of all time?

• jesus morales 2014/05/25 22:46:20
    Other music legend...
    jesus morales
    Madonna is ONE of the greatest music entertainers in the usa and globally. She is the most successful female recording artist of all time.
  • Nikki Ardie 2014/05/07 09:39:55
    Michael Jackson
    Nikki Ardie
    When I think entertainer I think of overall performance. Music, voice, and dancing. MJ is legendary in all of those things. I loved how he always told who inspired his craft. From James Brown to Fred Astair. I like some Elvis songs, Beatles not so much. Also, they weren't that innovative either. Michael did captivating things on stage. 31 years after Thriller debuted its still the best-selling album of all time. Thriller video is still the best video of all time. A very creative perfectionist is what he was to me. A jaw dropping entertainer!!!!
  • chantellcampbell 2013/08/16 03:16:21
    Michael Jackson
    chantellcampbell
    Michael Jackson certainly the best and also a person who inspiers many up coming artists
  • margieanneangelita.sanchez 2013/05/19 03:51:53
    Elvis Presley
    margieanneangelita.sanchez
    I love Elvis Presley first and then the Beatles, and then the other 's the rolling stone's and Kiss, Amy Wine House, sony and Cher, Diyanna Ross, tony Orlando and Dawn, so many, other's I love so many wonderful people in the Music and Entetainer's of all time, I love you all thank you for your love of Music and makeing it for all of us people like me.
  • dmwaniki1 2013/04/08 19:42:38
    Michael Jackson
    dmwaniki1
    +1
    m.j was a great artist.everyone knows that.
  • luke dmwaniki1 2013/04/23 01:33:28
    luke
    well of course!!!!!!! so was Elvis, So were the Beatles
  • dmwaniki1 luke 2013/04/25 00:27:22
    dmwaniki1
    there is m.j,then others......
  • OMAR ISMAIL 2013/03/09 13:44:43
    Michael Jackson
    OMAR ISMAIL
    NO ONE GET THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME ONLY MJ GET THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME ON EARTH AND MJ IS ALWAYS WIN AND ALWAYS TRUE LEGEND KING ALSO KNOWN AS THE WORLD.
    BAD
  • akhil.ngireesh 2013/03/02 09:00:29
    Michael Jackson
    akhil.ngireesh
    obivisouly michael is the best..there is no need of any questin regarding this..:;
  • chantel... akhil.n... 2013/08/16 02:21:11
    chantellcampbell
    +3
    I strongly agreed that mj is the king of pop not only that he's the king of music
  • jason.english.98837 2013/01/15 22:02:52
    Michael Jackson
    jason.english.98837
    The one who busted racial divides and unified ALL races and colours - that's Michael Jackson, of course!

Elvis was just a chick act who copied black music that white America commercialised as part of showcasing white supremacy (racist times). I'd take Chuck Berry anytime as the true King of Rock n' Roll.
  • luke jason.e... 2013/02/09 03:11:13
    luke
    I agree Michael could be the greatest but you've got to be joking about elvis. Elvis shaped rock n roll he really showed what it was about. He would make young girls lose there minds! ELvis (in my opinoin) has the greatest voice of all time! I dont care whoever you vote for and comment on that person, but dont mess with the TRUE king
  • Ashley 2012/11/20 03:22:13
    Michael Jackson
    Ashley
    It's really not even a question, yes so many people have amazing talent and deserve to be called the best at what they do, but Michael has raised the bar so high he is in his own category. No one can touch him. I don't feel in my life time anyway we will see anyone who can even compare!
  • Michael Jackson 2012/05/29 21:13:59
    Michael Jackson
    Michael Jackson
    +2
    READ THIS PEOPLE AND DISCOVER THE TRUTH. Who is elvis? Who is beatles? Here in Southeast Asia, wherever you go, people know Michael Jackson. When you walk around wearing Michael Jackson costume here in Philippines (Asia), poor beggars, street children would instantly know you're idolizing Michael Jackson. I bet when you play elvis music here you would turn out to be laughing stock because who the hell is elvis? Or beatles? Who are they? When you ask a random poor kid or street children here if they know any MJ song, answers would range from Ben to Billie Jean to One day in your life or Heal the world or We are the World. When you ask them MJ, they would often remember him as a great dancer and performer. Those songs appeal to all ages and musical tastes because MJ's music touched any age, color or race. Michael Jackson had a GLOBAL and UNIVERSAL appeal. Street children even sang smooth criminal when my friend and I passed by squatters area wearing MJ costumes. Who the hell are elvis and beatles? It would be embarassing to play their music here because no one knows them whereas MJ is known in every country, culture or nation. I even heard on our local news here in Manila that Michael Jackson is known as the greatest entertainer of all time. I heard an elvis song and I can never...
    READ THIS PEOPLE AND DISCOVER THE TRUTH. Who is elvis? Who is beatles? Here in Southeast Asia, wherever you go, people know Michael Jackson. When you walk around wearing Michael Jackson costume here in Philippines (Asia), poor beggars, street children would instantly know you're idolizing Michael Jackson. I bet when you play elvis music here you would turn out to be laughing stock because who the hell is elvis? Or beatles? Who are they? When you ask a random poor kid or street children here if they know any MJ song, answers would range from Ben to Billie Jean to One day in your life or Heal the world or We are the World. When you ask them MJ, they would often remember him as a great dancer and performer. Those songs appeal to all ages and musical tastes because MJ's music touched any age, color or race. Michael Jackson had a GLOBAL and UNIVERSAL appeal. Street children even sang smooth criminal when my friend and I passed by squatters area wearing MJ costumes. Who the hell are elvis and beatles? It would be embarassing to play their music here because no one knows them whereas MJ is known in every country, culture or nation. I even heard on our local news here in Manila that Michael Jackson is known as the greatest entertainer of all time. I heard an elvis song and I can never imagine myself playing it in the public because it's not magical like MJ's. I can't imagine anyone dancing to elvis songs when I play them in the public. But when it's MJ's Billie Jean or Don't Stop till you get enough, I bet someone young or old would dance to it. I think in all countries, the most idolized entertainer would have to be Michael Jackson. Maybe elvis was popular in your western country but MJ is popular in the whole Earth!
  • Michael... Michael... 2012/05/29 21:18:55
    Michael Jackson
    +4
    I don't think any kid would want to listen to any elvis song because it's sounds so old and dated. MJ's music is liked by both young and old. In fact, Michael Jackson is known as the most famous person on earth. HE WAS UNIVERSAL! I can't imagine anyone or any kid my age who would waste time dancing to elvis because elvis just doesn't have the UNIVERSAL appeal. Michael Jackson's appeal was GLOBAL.
  • Michael... Michael... 2012/05/29 21:47:32
    Michael Jackson
    +4
    To add, Michael Jackson was a REAL artist. His creativity spans not only from singing but also from song writing, dancing, performing and choreography. His songs touched THE WORLD! Songs like heal the world, we are the world, you are not alone etc. are for every age, color or nation. Even our househelper (maid) appreciates MJ's you are not alone. MJ was also the most charitable celebrity ever. That's another addition to his UNIVERSAL appeal. MJ is known by everyone in the whole wide world. In fact, many filipino singers/performers say that Michael Jackson is their international idol. They may have local idols but when it comes to idols not from the Philippines, it's always MJ.
  • jason.e... Michael... 2013/01/15 22:18:04
    jason.english.98837
    You are truly correct!
    I have lived in 4 continents - Michael Jackson is the most loved over-all.
    There is this universal language of Michael Jackson.

Let's face it, Michael Jackson is America's biggest export (amongst artists).
  • dmwaniki1 Michael... 2013/04/08 19:44:35
    dmwaniki1
    so,so true
  • luke Michael... 2013/04/23 01:27:00
    luke
    its funny cause you guys are just saying because you IDOLIZE and WORSHIP MICHAEL that is why your names are both michael jackson! I doubt that either of these guys are still really being played by kids! They both were arguably the best in there generation but there both old time!!!!!! I love both of them dont get me wrong, but when I say my opinion who was the best a long time ago, i get attacked like of some psycopath fore saying my GODDAMN opinion. Someone in the future will change the course of music again, and then someone else, and then someone else!
  • chantel... Michael... 2013/08/16 02:36:17
    chantellcampbell
    +1
    yes he is and will always be we love you michael
  • prashan... Michael... 2014/02/11 05:17:23
    prashant chaudhry
    +3
    Yeah you are totaly right..same in india
  • Poulami Mukherjee 2012/05/27 11:15:05
    Michael Jackson
    Poulami Mukherjee
    +3
    MJ Forever
  • Adanna Glodon 2011/12/21 17:18:43
    Michael Jackson
    Adanna Glodon
    +3
    I like some of elvis music and well john lennon was a great song writer and mj admired them both. But i wasn't born around that time to see them perform i only saw mj performances and it was magic so that's why i voted for Michael Joseph Jackson he's real talent, a great performer and many years from now people will always remember him....
  • 2011/12/10 22:29:15
    Michael Jackson
    +2
    He is the first artist that attracted many Asians to listen to hollywood music..Every single person in my country know Michael Jackson.There are very few know Elvis or Beatles.Plus he was a revolutionary entertainer created amazing dance steps,videos, inspiring songs and the charity king..Amazing vocal ability and he even innovate vocal sound "he he " "Aow" and everything..He is a great beat boxer..H e changed music and half of todays artist mention Michael as their inspiration.
  • eggersdonald 2011/12/08 13:18:51
    Elvis Presley
    eggersdonald
    +4
    don't kid anybody,elvis is and always will be the King
  • Michael... eggersd... 2012/05/29 21:21:19
    Michael Jackson
    +6
    King of what? King of your personal taste? Or king of embarassment? Michael Jackson is the most famous man on earth for crying out loud! I can't imagine any kid playing any elvis song or dancing to elvis songs in public. That would have been embarassing.
  • luke Michael... 2013/04/23 01:30:01
    luke
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! did you JUST SAY MICHAEL JACKSON IS THE MOST FAMOUS MAN ON EARTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? THATS FUNNY
  • jason.e... eggersd... 2013/01/15 22:08:13
    jason.english.98837
    That was what white America always had wanted to brainwash people into believing. Get over it. Elvis was just a chick act who copied black music. Full of MYTHS behind Elvis (like 1 billion record sales, 1 billion views of Aloha from Hawaii - all for the sake of the propaganda that he was supreme (rather, the whites were (and are) supreme). If Chuck Berry was white, he would had been called The King of Rock n' Roll (racist times). Btw, I'm Caucasian, but not American - just in case you are wondering.
  • kelly 2011/11/27 15:02:51
    Michael Jackson
    kelly
    +2
    of course michael
  • 2011/11/22 16:51:34
    Other music legend...
    Freddie Mercury of Queen
  • gettyman 2011/05/11 06:47:35
    The Beatles
    gettyman
    mj is in no way the best the Beatles are far bigger and very much better musically.
  • miracle gettyman 2011/06/29 19:47:51
  • gettyman miracle 2011/07/13 16:19:03
  • Ryan gettyman 2012/05/31 03:13:43
    Ryan
    +4
    The Beatles couldn't really dance... They were talented singers and an awesome band... But Michael Jackson was an amazing dancer, an epic vocalist, the most talented, and he is also the King of Pop... By the way, MJ was famous all the way around the world. I don't know one single person who doesn't know who Michael Jackson is... But I do know people who don't know who The Beatles are.

MJ, THE KING, FOREVER
  • jason.e... gettyman 2013/01/15 22:13:25
    jason.english.98837
    no one sang like MJ.
    No one moved like MJ.
    MJ's songwriting skills were off the charts, his lyrics were deep but the white critics refused to accept that.
    He could write and sing songs of VARIOUS genres. Have you heard him sing rock?
    MJ's entertainment magic was like no other. He is the greatest entertainer of all time.

Did the Beatles sing like no other? NO. Vocally, they were average.
    Did the Beatles move/dance like no other? NO
    The Beatles' songwriting skills was great but too exaggerated.
    Their musical style was monotonous.
    The Beatles as entertainers? Not that entertaining, nothing special to watch.
  • chantel... gettyman 2013/08/16 02:40:45
    chantellcampbell
    +2
    nooooooooooooooo way Michael Jackson is the king of music and and the biggest ENTERTAINER IN THE world of all times
  • Boot Tzez 2011/04/29 16:42:33
    Michael Jackson
    Boot Tzez
    +1
    MICHAEL JACKSON BECAUSE ITS MIRACLE ON STAGE NO OTHER ARTIST LIKE HIM EVER.
  • nina 2011/04/29 16:33:56
    Michael Jackson
    nina
    +2
    MICHAEL FOR SURE.............
  • RavenHeStillInLuvShanelle 2011/04/02 12:29:04
    Michael Jackson
    RavenHeStillInLuvShanelle
    +3
    What is the need of asking a stupid question like who's the greatest entertainer of all time when everyone know it michael jackson hands down theres nothing to talk about well elvis this and the beatles that.....No mj is the best will always be made great songs videos and did performances that would last a life time and even had style!!# I Love u MJ!!!!!
  • Ahana 2010/09/05 04:47:26
    Michael Jackson
    Ahana
    +3
    mj the real KING OF POP music of all the time .......

2014/09/02 23:45:54