Mila Kunis Says She Would Have Fun With 'Fifty Shades of Grey': Should They Cast Her?

The Big Question 2013/01/26 01:59:55

• TwentyBeauties 2013/01/27 17:12:23 (edited)
    TwentyBeauties
    +25
    Mila Kunis is both cute and pretty, an unusual combination that makes her very lovable. Have to go back to Natalie Wood and Debbie Reynolds to find others.
    kunis cute pretty unusual combination lovable natalie wood debbie reynolds
    MILA KUNIS
    pretty unusual combination lovable natalie wood debbie reynolds mila kunis \
    MILA KUNIS
    1 jessica lucas jessica lucas jessica lucas 2 mila kunis
    MILA KUNIS
    pretty unusual combination lovable natalie wood debbie reynolds mila kunis
    MILA KUNIS
    debbie reynolds mila kunis mila kunis mila kunis mila kunis
    MILA KUNIS

• Kaancha 2013/04/12 05:24:44
    Kaancha
    Hell yeah !!
  • Nika 2013/01/29 01:42:04
    Nika
    I may watch it if she's casted.
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2013/01/28 19:10:37
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    I might watch it then
  • Ashley 2013/01/28 15:25:59
    Ashley
    I would not like to see her in that.
  • Ayushee 2013/01/28 08:34:59
    Ayushee
    There's something different about her,which no other actress have. There is a mystery in her eyes.She can be pretty and mysterious at the same time,so I guess she is the best option for Fifty Shades of Grey.
    For the male lead,Robert Pattinson or Ian Somerhalder can be awesome!
    TwentyBeauties
    +25
    MILA KUNIS
    MILA KUNIS
    MILA KUNIS
    MILA KUNIS
    MILA KUNIS
  • Blueskys 2013/01/27 15:42:42 (edited)
    Blueskys
    Grey is a vampire? You know they are not men, Same with were wolves.
    To be honest I think they are silly, not at all scary, tiresome even.

Where is my old GF Buffy?

I'm sorry, I should probably refrain from comment. Yet you asked everybody, so I replied.
    I don't think I am expected to like any of these media dramas anyway, I'm not the audience targeted.

From a sodahead talk on modern gender discrimination-

Are men seen as the more disposable gender?
    "To put it simply: men are neither supposed nor allowed to be dependent. They are expected to take care of others and themselves. And when they cannot or will not do it, then the assumption at the heart of the culture is that they are somehow less than men and therefore unworthy of help. An irony asserts itself: by being in need of help, men forfeit the right to it."
    — Peter Marin, Jill Gets Welfare--Jack Becomes Homeless

A sub-trope of the Double Standard. In media, female characters start with automatic audience sympathy because women are seen as moral, innocent, beautiful or simply because they have sexual value. Male characters are less likely to be seen that way and must earn audience sympathy by acting appropriately manly and heroic, which, more often then not, involves saving the Damsel in Distress.

Conversely, if a ma...

Where is my old GF Buffy?

Conversely, if a man is unable to take care of himself or others he forfeits audience sympathy. Women, on the other hand, do not lose audience sympathy—or at least not as much—for being helpless, incompetent or abandoning men to their fates in order to save themselves. Strangely, this can still hold true if the woman in question has already been established as a Badass.

The consequences of this are complicated, but in summary:
    If the story requires random anonymous characters to die just to move the plot forward, they'll be male. If the plot requires a tragic death that motivates the protagonists or shows how evil the villains are, the victim will be female. Similarly if the story demands random mooks get a beat down by a character to up the sense of danger or just show off how awesome the protagonist is, they will be male.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pm...

http://aliciapatterson.org/st...
  • Lucifer Blueskys 2013/01/28 04:57:20
    Lucifer
    Just curious, how is this related to the book/(hopefully not)future movie mentioned in the question?
  • Roxxi 2013/01/27 14:21:27
    Roxxi
    Pretty sure the book is just a pornographic version of a disney movie. I really hope none of my favourite actors are in thie movie because it would really make me lose a certain level of respect for them.
  • Lilly 2013/01/27 14:00:28
    Lilly
    I'd watch her in that as long as she gets her tits out.
  • KATniss 2013/01/27 13:40:32
    KATniss
    why not
  • Luke 2013/01/27 12:51:09
    Luke
    +1
    I'd love to be her DOM for just a day!!!!
  • BlackwinterG36C 2013/01/27 12:37:29
    BlackwinterG36C
    Mila is ALREADY a bad girl. Isn't 50 shades of grey about a good girl that is turned into a bad girl. As hot as she is Mila is not innocent looking enough.
  • FELINE GESTURES IN THE DARK 2013/01/27 12:06:30
    FELINE GESTURES IN THE DARK
    She would be perfect .
  • Crime Time 2013/01/27 11:49:41
  • Wyveryx 2013/01/27 10:46:34
    Wyveryx
    This is what I don't get...There is quite of few women that have told me that they don't want to be dominated, and though I haven't read the book, and likely will not, I've also been told that a great portion of Fifty Shades is exactly that.
    So how can this be a movie that is in demand, much less how the book has been so popular?
  • Luke Wyveryx 2013/01/27 12:38:24
    Luke
    +1
    Seems like the submissives are coming out of the closet...... I guess alot of ladies have a bit of sub in them for the right guy.....
  • Wyveryx Luke 2013/01/28 08:00:23
    Wyveryx
    I guess so. I mean like I said, I've never ready the books, so I'm only going on what I've heard, but man, if half of what I've heard is right... I just don't get it.
  • Sotto Voce Wyveryx 2013/01/27 13:54:36 (edited)
    Sotto Voce
    +1
    The book is an exploitative relationship, packaged as a BDSM fantasy for people who don't know anything about BDSM - the main character of the book is a sociopath, the kind of person who fuels the worst sort of speculation about the typical BDSM participant, the real-world person whoseactions become Law & Order: SVU plots.

That said, the books is also a pretty obvious copy of twilight, it is fairly readable.
  • Wyveryx Sotto Voce 2013/01/28 07:59:34
    Wyveryx
    +1
    I couldn't even bring myself to read the Twilight books...rofl
  • Sotto Voce Wyveryx 2013/01/28 08:10:23
    Sotto Voce
    +1
    Same here, I keep wondering if these kids ever heard of Anne Rice.

Better yet, Lovecraft and Poe.
  • Wyveryx Sotto Voce 2013/01/28 09:53:14
    Wyveryx
    +1
    Egads....just brought back memories of the Bridal Path.... That was a weird book....
  • Tordgaard 2013/01/27 10:26:36
    Tordgaard
    It's her choice not mine (presuming the filmmakers offer her the role).
  • sally 2013/01/27 08:14:32
    sally
    Being a part of that porn flick is a career killing move.
  • THB306 2013/01/27 07:30:59
    THB306
    I'd watch that, heheheh... ;p
  • Misha Sapphire 2013/01/27 07:02:12
    Misha Sapphire
    +1
    Or, how about not making this movie?
    And didn't they ask this question a couple of months ago?
  • harasnicole 2013/01/27 06:29:31
  • Gryffindor53 2013/01/27 06:13:26
    Gryffindor53
    That's just asking to reflect negatively on your career.

Should they turn it into a film at all? It's glorified fanfiction and basically the written equivalent of porn for housewives...
  • Rock 2013/01/27 05:33:13
    Rock
    I've heard the book was kind of racy, so if this means Mila might end up on the big screen without her clothes on, then HELL YEAH!
  • PrincessChaos_25 2013/01/27 05:09:17
    PrincessChaos_25
    +1
    Why would anyone who has any form of self respect want to appear in this garbage?
  • Michael McFascist 2013/01/27 04:48:09
    Michael McFascist
    +1
    I think she's yankin on our janks. I think when she says she could have 'fun' with it, what she means is that she could turn it into some sort of ironic satirical lampoon...AND I THINK SHE COULD DO THAT!
  • GeminiWolf 2013/01/27 04:13:06
    GeminiWolf
    Mila Kunis and sex = Yes please
  • Miss Andrist 2013/01/27 04:12:29
    Miss Andrist
    Considering her role in Black Swan, one would think she would be pretty darned okay at it ;)
  • Bibliophilic 2013/01/27 04:11:50
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    That stupid movie shouldn't exist in the first place.
  • Katt 2013/01/27 03:57:23
    Katt
    I don't know. Never read the book but if she's a good fit, I guess so.
  • Bob 2013/01/27 03:57:00
    Bob
    Oh my God she is HOT! She seems to be doing well in Hollywood.
  • Pookie 2013/01/27 03:48:08
  • What_a_Jerk 2013/01/27 03:48:04
    What_a_Jerk
    Please more Kunis. I want to hot glue my penis this girl
  • Bob What_a_... 2013/01/27 03:57:50
    Bob
    You and about a billion other guys.
  • What_a_... Bob 2013/01/27 04:03:30
    What_a_Jerk
    +2
    So me and a billion other guys with our wieners out talking about Mila Kunis? Sounds an awful lot like the internet

2014/07/31 19:41:31