LAWSUIT BETWEEN LUCY ARNAZ AND GARY MORTON'S WIDOW -WHO WILL WIN ? " NEWSFLASH "

True~Male 2010/07/15 05:36:43
Related Topics: ABC, Facebook, I Love Lucy
Heirs spar over Lucille Ball auction in Calif.

LOS ANGELES – Heirs of the late Lucille Ball and her second husband are sparring over the planned auction of some of the couple's prized possessions, including a Rolls Royce and some of the actress' awards.

Other items on the auction block are photos, sketches, other personal items and love letters between Ball and Gary Morton, the comedienne's second husband.

Morton and Ball were married until the comedienne's death in 1989. He later remarried, and the items being offered for sale Saturday were consigned to Heritage Auction Galleries by his widow, Susie Morton.

She is now locked in a battle with Lucie Arnaz Luckinbill, the daughter of Ball and her first husband and "I Love Lucy" co-star, Desi Arnaz, who want some of the items and her mother's awards returned.

Susie Morton sued Luckinbill on Monday to seek a judge's ruling that the auction can proceed.

Luckinbill said Wednesday through her attorney, Ronald J. Palmieri, that if the items she requested are not returned, she will go to court Friday morning to try to stop the auction.

Luckinbill wants the return of seven love letters, Ball's address book, some portraits and several lifetime achievement awards being offered for sale, Palmieri said.

"It is clear these are personal effects earned by a lifetime of work by someone of great stature in the entertainment community," Palmieri said in a statement. "To demean their true nature, and prostitute their value in monetary terms, is insulting to Ms. Ball's memory and contravenes her express desire that these items were to belong to her daughter after her death."

Both Luckinbill and Susie Morton say Luckinbill was entitled to her mother's personal effects as part of the comedienne's estate planning. But Susie Morton's lawsuit contends Luckinbill abandoned the items when they were distributed after Ball's death.

A phone message left for Susie Morton's attorney was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Palmieri said the items would go to either a museum named after her mother and father in New York, or another museum where they could be shown.

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook Buzz up!21 votes ShareretweetEmailPrintMore...
Video: Barbara Walters Returns After Surgery ABC News Video: Aussies nominated for Emmy Australia 7 News Video: 7News: Aussies nominated Australia 7 News
78 CommentsShow: Newest FirstOldest FirstHighest RatedMost Replied Post a Comment Comments 1 - http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/091152f967e7baf4_large

• dawn 2010/07/21 20:38:17
    Lucie Arnaz Lukinbill
    dawn
    +4
    I hope lucie wins her case she and her brother are the only ones who deserve their moms belongings not some woman who married their stepfather.

• lisa 2012/12/15 00:35:50
    Lucie Arnaz Lukinbill
    lisa
    +1
    I think Lucie Arnaz should win I mean it her mothers stuff. Stay in the family Susie morton is just looking to make a dollar on someone elses stuff
  • dawn 2010/07/21 20:38:17
    Lucie Arnaz Lukinbill
    dawn
    +4
  • True~Male dawn 2010/07/21 23:27:43
    True~Male
    Thanks as of Sunday the kids were awarded everything -- The ex-wife got a house .
  • lisa True~Male 2012/12/15 00:38:59
    lisa
    +14
    Lucie arnaz has to pay some rediculus amount of money to get it and she has got it. So basically ya she won just court of dumbass is making her pay for it
  • FumbDuck 2010/07/16 02:57:07
    FumbDuck
    +1
    I really don't know, what I do know is the law is not right or wrong or even fair in this kind of stuff. I think it's a shame that people fight over money like this I heard that one of these famous court battles was avoidable in that one of the persons had tried to get the other one to split 50/50 and the court ended up giving most of the estate to the one that had tried to be genorus. I remember once reading in the paper about some people who got in a fight over a vase their mother had and didn't say in a legal will who got it. One of them went to the hospital the other one went to jail and the sad part of the story? The vase was broken in the fight.
  • True~Male FumbDuck 2010/07/16 03:03:02
    True~Male
    I think Lucie Arnaz is right on --with fighting to get her mothers stuff back --the widow of GARY Morton is just a nasty person --trying to use Lucille Ball for her own gain --unlike the daughter and the son they are entitled to it .
  • FumbDuck True~Male 2010/07/17 02:48:24
    FumbDuck
    +1
    We can only hope the law is on their side. I agree and yet I just think it's a shame that people end up fighting this way. You would think that people with money would see these battles in the news while they are alive and make sure the will is in order and stipulates specifically what their wishes are.
  • True~Male True~Male 2010/07/22 01:19:50 (edited)
    True~Male
    yep -and they won the suit
  • Betty Ramsey 2010/07/15 22:25:35
    Betty Ramsey
    +1
    Lucie Arnaz has been shamelessly milking her mother's and father's legacy for years with her brother under the auspices of "desilu too," hawking calendars and cookie jars and every item you can think of. They have the licensing rights to Lucy's and Desi's images, so obviously Lucille and Desi provided for them generously in their wills. I'm sure the untalented, ungrateful children have made millions. And meanwhile Lucie has bashed Lucille, calling her a bad mother. But she's more than happy to get rich off of her mother. The only blessing is that the ungrateful children do not own the rights to "I Love Lucy," which Lucille and Desi sold back to CBS, so they're not cleaning up on the DVDs, too. Stop being so greedy, Lucie. Try to show just a little of the class that your parents had.
  • dawn Betty R... 2010/07/21 20:53:14
    dawn
    +2
    lucie and desi jr are not being greedy you moron they are the only ones who are protecting their parents images .lucie and desi jr are the only people who should have the right to make the decisions. oh and not that its any of your buisness but all that stuff you claim they are hawking is what helps to pay for the amasing museum that is in lucille balls hometown, so before you pass judgment about the items that are being sold with lucy and desi's images on them you should have done your homework to see that nothing wrong is being done by lucie or desi jr .
  • True~Male dawn 2010/07/21 23:29:04
    True~Male
    Amen --thanks
  • Icono1 2010/07/15 21:31:37
    Icono1
    +1
    these estate battles can be fascinating esp if when they concern the rich and famous. Yet it would seem that it would be in everyone's best interest to settle this without the all the negative hoopla 'that seems to follow these things around'.
  • wolfshadow 2010/07/15 07:30:09
    Lucie Arnaz Lukinbill
    wolfshadow
    +1
    I don't know who will win but I hope Lucy Jr. gets her moms stuff back. She should offer to pay for them... but they should have gone to her and her brother when Mom died, not the current husband.

I do know that the woman who is selling them should never have endedup with them.
  • Tina 2010/07/15 06:57:16
    Tina
    +1
    I would think there would have been a will that would send all of Lucy's things to her daughter in the event of her husbands death!!! I feel for Lucy's daughter!
  • Jay0Byrd 2010/07/15 05:40:23
    Jay0Byrd
    +1
    This might be interesting, I'll sit back and watch... ???
  • True~Male Jay0Byrd 2010/07/15 05:41:34
    True~Male
    It could be as funny as an Old Lucy show
  • True~Male 2010/07/15 05:37:40 (edited)
    Lucie Arnaz Lukinbill
    True~Male
    Lucie will win lucie win
  • True~Male True~Male 2010/07/22 01:21:51
    True~Male
    As of Sunday --Little Lucie Won the lawsuit --a big victory for those losers that want to cash in on the old legions that are far better than todays TV actors

2014/08/22 11:57:52