Lance Armstrong Banned for Life, Stripped of Seven Tour Wins: Do You Think He's Guilty?

Chris D 2012/08/24 18:00:00
Lance Armstrong has decided not to fight the doping allegations any more. Is this paramount to an admission of guilt... or is Lance just tired of fighting it? You would think that he might want to fight to keep those seven Tour de France titles... right?

USATODAY.COM reports:
USADA accused Armstrong of using EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, cortisone and HGH during his career.
lance armstrong

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/story/2012-...

No, Lance is innocent!
    +31
    He has passed over 100 drug screens and cleared of criminal charges - this is all based on one biker who was caught doping and said Armstrong did it too. He is still allowed to compete because of his allegations. This is horse manure and a vendetta based on no evidence.

• jrwooton1962 2012/08/27 14:38:50
    No, Lance is innocent!
    jrwooton1962
    +2
    even a whipped dog gets tired of the beating and will just slink off and leave that world behind...I don't blame him for being dine with it....he is a great racer in my book...
  • DOriginalDonald 2012/08/27 14:38:30
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    DOriginalDonald
    +5
    AS for people being surprised he's "quitting" just remember this-he DID quit on his marriage!
  • Fred DOrigin... 2012/08/27 14:50:46 (edited)
    Fred
    +2
    What the hell does that have to do with this? He fought this for years. Hell more than half of marriages fail. Does that make all those people "quitters"?
  • JCz28 2012/08/27 14:38:29
    No, Lance is innocent!
    JCz28
    +1
    Until proven guilty!
  • fooley177 2012/08/27 14:32:22
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    fooley177
    +3
    This has NOT been a good weak for people named Armstrong. Neil Armstrong died, and Lance had a lance put through his arm. Now they call him Lanced Armweak. He used the drugs to change his name to Lance Legstrong because he was too head strong.
  • Cameleon fooley177 2012/08/27 20:51:04
  • fooley177 Cameleon 2012/08/28 15:15:36
    fooley177
    wuzmatta, hit a little too close to home, Dr. Armstrong?
  • Mrs.B 2012/08/27 14:32:03
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Mrs.B
    +2
    No he is being blasted by jealous teammates, he has been tested so many times and never one positive test. Why keep spending money and time defending these charges every time someone says he is guilty. You have to say enough is enough at some point.
  • chuck 2012/08/27 14:30:22
    No, Lance is innocent!
    chuck
    +1
    Its bull"'it
  • ajracestables1 2012/08/27 14:29:43
    No, Lance is innocent!
    ajracestables1
    +2
    He has proven time and time again with clean drug tests. I really don't understand how they can get away with this based on what someone else said.
  • frozenfire 2012/08/27 14:27:24
    No, Lance is innocent!
    frozenfire
    +2
    Well the dude had cancer some of the medications include those, but i believe he got rid of the cancer ( i hope ) but thats how they treat cancer! you cant just cut off a guy from his life and what he loves.
  • Rich 2012/08/27 14:27:09
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Rich
    +2
    I really don't put anything past anyone any more but is he guilty let us not be pass judgement how many test dose this man need to go through any way.
  • Rdtourist 2012/08/27 14:27:01
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Rdtourist
    +2
    STUPID writer, "Is this paramount to - - - " makes no sense at all, tantamount would be a FAR better word choice.

Back to business, this anti-doping craze has gotten so far out of bound seven courts are condemning their actions. Routine and repeated testing has yet to find definitive evidence of doping,
  • Joseph 2012/08/27 14:22:48
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Joseph
    +2
    Lance met all burdens of proof each and every time he was accused over the years. He was subject to same same doping controls as everybody else and passed time and again. This new process, coming after he has retired had a pre-written verdict. Lance would not get a fair hearing.
  • DAVY 2012/08/27 14:20:45
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    DAVY
    +2
    The French accused him .
  • Mytstar... DAVY 2012/08/27 14:51:45
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    The French found him not guilty....So what gives the United States the right to take away awards given to him from other countries ...
  • Cameleon DAVY 2012/08/27 20:52:00
    Cameleon
    He was found not guilt and all his drug test were clean.
  • DAVY Cameleon 2012/10/11 15:38:50
    DAVY
    The truth has a way to wriggle out eventually .If one is innocent it is very easy to hold onto one's grounds steadfastly. Unless one believes lying is justified simply because others had lied & got away with their gold medals and fame when drug testing was not in vogue.
  • Cameleon DAVY 2012/10/19 20:13:34 (edited)
    Cameleon
    Every athelete has to be held to the exact same standard. That standard was the is the testing system that was in place for EVERY single athelete at the time. Many were disqualified. Lance was not.

Many are willing to lie to bring a man down. That is what is being done now.
  • kozynferg 2012/08/27 14:19:29
    No, Lance is innocent!
    kozynferg
    +1
    This is simply a case of Lance Armstrong deciding not to appear before a Kangaroo court, which had clearly decided he was guilty even without a shred of evidence.

Given, the Kangaroo court announced his refusal to appear was an admission of guilt, clearly, the outcome had already been decided.
  • G.J. the time has come to s... 2012/08/27 14:19:19
    No, Lance is innocent!
    G.J. the time has come to switch
    +2
    the United States is out of line attacking a citizens of our country after he was cleared by the over site commissions of his sport.. wake up america
  • Loneseer 2012/08/27 14:17:31
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Loneseer
    +3
    Until they can actually prove that Lance Armstrong is guiltiy, which they haven't been able to do, he is innocent in my book.
  • Pat 2012/08/27 14:09:53
    No, Lance is innocent!
    +4
    I believe it's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty because you decided to stop fighting allegations.
  • Mytstar... Pat 2012/08/27 14:59:26
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    I agree....Why should a person be forced to defend himself over and over again...he has said he is not guilty ...there is no REAL proof to say otherwise.... this issue needs to be dropped and leave the man alone
  • sundance 2012/08/27 13:41:39
    No, Lance is innocent!
    sundance
    +4
    They didn't have a "don't know, don't care" option. He rode against a field of the best competitors on the globe, and kicked their asses. Regardless of what is found, it was still Lance Armstrong that peddled that bike to seven (yea baby, count em...Seven) Tour De France victories. Is equivalent to a Salmon swimming home seven times, and living. Lance, your a bad ass, and you earned every one....Just a thought....

PS... Some (like the USADA) would rather make them bow, than stand on the shoulders of giants...
  • Gone Away 2012/08/27 12:59:26
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    Gone Away
    BUT...Until they KNOW from testing about every competitor, beyond a shadow of a doubt...which obviously the USADA doesn't think are reliable, since he passed'em all & they still persist on pursuing this.then he should be no more guilty than everyone else he was on the feild with...& thus all considered an even matching! IMHO
  • MarkP 2012/08/27 12:46:53 (edited)
    No, Lance is innocent!
    MarkP
    +3
    Innocent until proven guilty - also, the drug administration (USADA) can't strip him of titles, it's a US drug administration.

The only people who can take away his titles are the International Cycling Union and it has said it still needs to see proof.

read and learn - it even said it would back him against the allegations!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/...
  • mrdog 2012/08/27 07:58:17
    No, Lance is innocent!
    mrdog
    +3
    Lance never failed a drug test...over 500... this is nothing but a witch by french that just couln't believe an America should win so many tours in France... American Hero for
    me ....Innocent...bark
  • Jiorgia 2012/08/27 07:05:08
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    Jiorgia
    +2
    well, it would seem to be an admission of guilt, but only he knows for sure.
  • Cameleon Jiorgia 2012/08/27 20:52:50
    Cameleon
    He does not have the $500,000 to continue the fight. He had had enough of the witch hunt that has been going on for over 17 years as well.

The USADA also does NOT have the authority to take the medals away form him as they did not award them to him in the first place.

They have also refused to give his lawyer any information regarding the case prior to the hearing as well. He would also not be able to chose his own representative at the hearing either. One would be appointed for him.

That is a Kangaroo Court at best to not even give a person any ability to try and defend themself prior to the hearing.
  • jake 2012/08/27 03:01:48
    No, Lance is innocent!
    jake
    +2
    Dude this whole thing is so disrespectful to Lance. This guy is a fighter and you wanna take all that away from him. For what? Bragging rights. Get a grip people. This guy is just a good guy and an amazing athlete. If your jealous just say you don't like him. Don't accuse him of doing something he didn't disrespectful and stupid
  • impiety 2012/08/27 02:54:42
    No, Lance is innocent!
    impiety
    +2
    I'm not saying he's truly innocent or guilty. No one really knows BUT him... He might have just got tired of fighting the allegations.
  • MsDianna 2012/08/26 23:21:57
    No, Lance is innocent!
    MsDianna
    +2
    sometimes it's easier just to give up than to keep fighting
  • Texas Johnny 2012/08/26 23:12:15
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Texas Johnny
    +2
    This is all horsecrap! He passed those tests! The reason why he gave up was because they had more money to prosecute then he has to defend himself. He was railroaded!!
  • LucyLucero 2012/08/26 22:26:15
    No, Lance is innocent!
    LucyLucero
    +1
    Lance Armstrong is awesome. Nuff said.
  • shansera 2012/08/26 21:50:26
    No, Lance is innocent!
    shansera
    +2
    Its total BS! The French can go suck it!
  • Quazar 2012/08/26 21:08:46
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Quazar
    I belive he is or was the most drug tested sports figure in history. I think he would have had to have a bucked of fress urine to fool everybody everytime. I think it is a bunch of bull!
  • John Galt 2012/08/26 20:54:54
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    John Galt
    +3
    I always wondered if he was taking something. He had been so sick and came back and won 7 in a row. It just seemed funny to me. But I was boot one to say oh yes he was doping. I was not 100% sure so I never said anything. But when I heard he was not going to fight it anymore It made me wonder if he was guilty.

I know the French hate him for winning 7 and that many would want to bring him down just on hate but if he won't fight it then I think he may be guilty.

We will never really know.
  • BattleBunnys 2012/08/26 20:31:19 (edited)
    No, Lance is innocent!
    BattleBunnys
    I am basing this vote on what I have read (which didn't really provide much information about the story) and on the idea of "innocent until proven guilty".

While reading the usatoday.com link (in the read more bar) it said, "While Armstrong's defense was consistent - he had never tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs - USADA said that was irrelevant." How can that be irrelevant?

Also, can someone please tell me about this USADA? Who are they that they have the power to sanction (as they wrote on their website) an athlete? Can someone write/reply to me? I'm just curious.
  • Glen McLeod 2012/08/26 20:15:48
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    Glen McLeod
    +1
    He's already said it, but i admire his courage of saying it.admire courage

2014/09/19 11:49:33