Lance Armstrong Banned for Life, Stripped of Seven Tour Wins: Do You Think He's Guilty?

Chris D 2012/08/24 18:00:00
Lance Armstrong has decided not to fight the doping allegations any more. Is this paramount to an admission of guilt... or is Lance just tired of fighting it? You would think that he might want to fight to keep those seven Tour de France titles... right?

USATODAY.COM reports:
USADA accused Armstrong of using EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, cortisone and HGH during his career.
lance armstrong

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/story/2012-...

No, Lance is innocent!
    +31
    He has passed over 100 drug screens and cleared of criminal charges - this is all based on one biker who was caught doping and said Armstrong did it too. He is still allowed to compete because of his allegations. This is horse manure and a vendetta based on no evidence.

• plantman 2012/08/28 16:25:20
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    plantman
    +2
    Find the rider that didn't dope!
    Put him on the podium.
  • Talmadge Monroe 2012/08/28 11:55:07
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Talmadge Monroe
    Guilty of being Bad Ass.
  • rph3636 2012/08/28 06:54:17
    No, Lance is innocent!
    rph3636
    +1
    I don't think he's guilty, I think it's some people that have been eating sour grapes and are more jealous then anything. And the way they have handled it (the officials) I will no longer watch or support any form of bicycle racing and most people that I've talked to feel the same way. He won seven "Tour de France" races and they couldn't and havn't come up with a positive test yet so what's their beef.
  • El Prez 2012/08/28 06:15:56
    No, Lance is innocent!
    El Prez
    This is a stupid vendetta. This bunch of bozos are desk sitting bureaocrats who have done nothing and based on the statements of a proven cheat ratting off to save his own ass, plus some few who were caught and are trying to save their own ass by lieing about him. Lance is right, fu[k 'em. Save you money for a good cause. We all know who won the races
  • Leslie Goudy 2012/08/28 05:27:56
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Leslie Goudy
    They have no proof and he doesn't want to play politics. He doesn't need the ego pump, He is past that
  • TommyB 2012/08/28 05:13:23
    No, Lance is innocent!
    TommyB
    +2
    Let's see if I have this straight. A quasi-official government agency says Armstrong is guilty of doping. Armstrong, the most tested athlete in the history of Man, says he didn't dope. After pondering this problem for a nanosecond or two, I come down on the side of Armstrong. We used to have a government of the people. Now we have a people of the government. A government no longer to be trusted to act in our best interests. Screw the USADA and their blatant witch hunt. people government government trusted act screw usada blatant witch hunt
  • Prairie... TommyB 2012/10/27 03:36:35
    Prairie Wind
    +1
    Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond calls for the International Cycling Union (UCI) president Pat McQuaid to resign, accusing the Irishman of "abusing his power."

LeMond called on McQuaid and his predecessor -- honorary UCI president Hein Verbruggen -- to quit, insisting that progress in the sport can only be made if they step aside.

In an open letter on his Facebook page, LeMond -- who won the Tour in 1986, 1989 and 1990 -- reiterated his support for former Sunday Times journalist Paul Kimmage, who is being sued for defamation by the pair.

"I want to tell the world of cycling to please join me in telling Pat McQuaid to resign," he wrote. "I have never seen such an abuse of power in cycling's history -- resign Pat if you love cycling. Resign even if you hate the sport.

"I do not want to include everyone at the UCI because I believe that there are many, maybe most that work at the UCI, that are dedicated to cycling, they do it out of the love of the sport, but you and your buddy Hein have destroyed the sport.

"The sport does not need Pat McQuaid or Hein Verbruggen -- if this sport is going to change it is now. Not next year, not down the road, now! Now or never!"

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/25...
  • vdehl 2012/08/28 05:12:22
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    vdehl
    +1
    Sure why would he stop the investigation? 'Cause the persistent rumor is true.
  • rph3636 vdehl 2012/08/28 06:58:44
    rph3636
    Rumors are never true until proven and they have no proof.
  • Todd vdehl 2012/08/28 21:25:01
    Todd
    So ten years of fighting isn't enough? the 10 years he was battling this & it was taking much need family time away from him isn't enough? When will it ever be enough. When you have gone through a 10 year battle like this come back & say that again & maybe then I'd believe you.
    in case you did not know - Testosterone, EPO, & HGH can be test for... Even a blood transfusion can be test for. So even though he submitted to 500 different test over 10 years you still thinks it's an admission of guilt??? He would never be free of false allegations. This proves they will always keep come after him even after he is in the ground.
  • Its Me,... Todd 2012/08/28 22:12:49
    Its Me, Joel
    +1
    TODD...Your statement is wrong...but you just keep posting it...7 times IS enough!
  • Todd Its Me,... 2012/09/08 04:40:53
    Todd
    Communist Bastards determine guilt with out proof. Show me the proof after all of the testing before and after each race I I will retract my statement. Oh, that's right they admitted to having to proof. When the committee admitted that did you not catch it? Or are you just that much of a moron?
  • Mighty Mouth 2012/08/28 02:57:18
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Mighty Mouth
    +2
    In the face of adversity ~ A whole reputation and a career wiped out in a single statement ~ years to build, moments to wreck! As it stands, it brings the sport into disrepute.

*On a more personal note, I'd be inclined to cut him some severe slack following his necessary early usage of life-saving cancer busting drugs and the possibilities of its longterm effects within the body ~ A fact that should not diminish what has been indeed a remarkable achievement*
  • Sharonk 2012/08/28 02:53:47
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Sharonk
    +2
    What ever happened to the innocent until proven guilty. He has never been proven to be guilty. Those accusing him need to prove that he is guilty, otherwise we can accuse anyone of anything and that accusation makes them guilty.
  • Todd 2012/08/28 01:39:55
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Todd
    +2
    How long does one have to continue to fight this kind of battle. There is no proof he did anything. They are calling him guilty. He submitted to their testing and that should have cleared him. But they still say he's guilty..?? I don't get it.
  • Its Me,... Todd 2012/08/28 22:14:59
    Its Me, Joel
    +1
    Given enough money and power, you Can pass any (drug) test! I even think Obama could pass a drug test...now!
  • Todd Its Me,... 2012/09/08 04:42:58
    Todd
    It would mean him and a dozen other riders would of had to pay off the labs doing the tests. Again I say show me the proof.
  • cat 2012/08/28 01:30:18
    No, Lance is innocent!
    cat
    +2
    This man has overcome so much with the cancer This is just more insult. Did it ever occur to these people that living under stress can trigger new cancer cells and their growth. I don't blame him for throwing in the towel.
  • Generalzod 2012/08/28 01:24:28
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Generalzod
    +1
    Its not exactly like the Marion Jones case were there was overwhelming evidence that she was a drug cheat (She was part of the Balco scandal)...USADA here as the word of a known drug cheat Floyd Landis, and a fraudster...

Taken from Yahoo.com

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former professional cyclist Floyd Landis, who implicated teammate Lance Armstrong in a doping scheme, agreed to a plea deal in federal court in San Diego on Friday, admitting he defrauded supporters out of nearly $500,000 by claiming that he himself had not doped, prosecutors said.

http://news.yahoo.com/armstro...
  • Ramón 2012/08/27 23:59:47
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Ramón
    +2
    This is a witch-hunt (or warlock-hunt) pure and simple. Those people ought to be harassed and charged as Lance was. He passed every damn test they threw at him for years and they held on so they could test it with better and newer tests. That would be like being charged in court, exonerated time after time, but the court keeps inventing new laws to go after you. It is wrong! Long live Armstrong!
  • Rocket Man 2012/08/27 23:26:44
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Rocket Man
    +2
    Lance Armstrong is the most tested athlete on the planet yet the USADA has never produced a positive test. I find it interesting they have authority to make up their own rules as they go along and the "evidence" of 500+ negative tests means nothing. Cannot blame him for giving up the fight with an unfair and totally bogus drug-testing system. Fortunately, Lance's opponents know who won the 7 TDF races... Unfortunately the sport of cycling will suffer for this negative publicity and the REAL TRUTH will never be known. Show me a positive test and I'll believe he cheated. Otherwise, he still deserves to be the greatest cyclist in history!
  • t.eliot, topbard 2012/08/27 22:42:30
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    t.eliot, topbard
    I don't think it's necessarily an admission of guilt, and while it's true he never flunked a doping test he did, at least once, get off on a technicality. I believe he probably was doping, because nearly everybody in cycling was doping at the time, but I don't know for sure, and since he never officially failed a test, it's not right that he should be stripped of his titles. He played the game by the rules in place at the time, so it's mean, small-minded and unjust for USADA to hound him as they have.
  • gareth.... t.eliot... 2012/08/28 03:27:45
    gareth.ellzey
    +1
    THen you should have voted no.
  • t.eliot... gareth.... 2012/09/05 15:06:56
    t.eliot, topbard
    Even Sodaheads press the wrong button occasionally.
  • Zeus2713 2012/08/27 22:09:36
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Zeus2713
    +2
    Freaking retarded, he is LEGIT!!!
  • piscespoet 2012/08/27 21:53:20
    No, Lance is innocent!
    piscespoet
    +2
    Maybe he isn't "innocent," but given how often the cycling authorities have tried to catch him, if he is cheating, he's doing one of the best jobs at masking the stuff I've ever seen. If that is the case, he deserves to keep the hardware anyway.
  • Wayne TH G 333 2012/08/27 21:41:30 (edited)
    Yes, this is an admission of guilt.
    Wayne TH G 333
    Some people would still deny his guilt if he gave a live press conference admitting it!
  • Ramón Wayne T... 2012/08/28 00:01:10
    Ramón
    +1
    He won't because he didn't!
  • Wayne T... Ramón 2013/01/18 13:05:32
    Wayne TH G 333
    Just curious, do you still think he's innocent after his admission?
  • Ramón Wayne T... 2013/01/21 18:38:32
    Ramón
    I think that using banned substances is a political decision not based on reality. I have asthma, but if I were a competitive swimmer and used my inhaler I'd be banned. Why not use technology to it's limits. That is all he did.
  • rph3636 Wayne T... 2012/08/28 07:03:55
    rph3636
    +1
    Do you have some proof or are you one of those people that go along with what someone else said.
  • Wayne T... rph3636 2012/08/28 14:28:06
    Wayne TH G 333
    You don't think that 10 different eye witness accounts from different people, times and places are proof?
    Please tell me if there is no proof what is the basis for the conspiracy theory you seem so keen to believe?
  • Todd Wayne T... 2012/08/28 21:07:39
    Todd
    All 10 of those who claimed to be "eye witnesses" where cutting deals. Now how honest do you think those people are going to be when it means they get to keep cycling because they cut deals. Cycling is their life so they have everything to gain by lying. Again there is no proof.
  • Wayne T... Todd 2012/08/28 23:22:56
    Wayne TH G 333
    The USADA say they will be publishing the evidence they have against him in the coming weeks. Maybe then we shall all be better informed to comment but tell me if you can, what the basis is for a conspiracy against him.

Why would the USADA be so keen to disgrace one of their own coutries legendary athletes, and why would an 'innocent man' not fight to the end to protect his lifes achievements. If he thinks that by burying his head in the sand and not fighting these charges that it's all going to go away, then he couldn't be more wrong.
  • rph3636 Wayne T... 2012/08/29 15:53:22
    rph3636
    Not when threy're all on the same side of the issue, I've seen twelve jurors vote not guilty when they knew the person being tried was damn well guilty.
  • Wayne T... rph3636 2013/01/18 13:06:36
    Wayne TH G 333
    Just curious, are you one of those people who still think he's innocent after he himself has now admitted it?
  • cass 2012/08/27 21:34:30
    No, Lance is innocent!
    cass
    +2
    I'ts a question of $$$$. In my mind and millions of others he is the 7 times TDF champion..My question is,((Has he ever tested positive on anything)) I'ts only allegations.
    Lance,keep up the good work that you are doing for cancer...you're the man...
  • sensible 2012/08/27 21:20:18
    No, Lance is innocent!
    sensible
    +2
    I agree with Lance its a witch hunt.They can stripe all they, nothing can erase the fact that he is a champion.
  • wes 2012/08/27 20:54:11
    No, Lance is innocent!
    wes
    +2
    Never tested positive, they made the tests, he took them, he passed them all, end of story. You know who's really pissed off about all of this, the prosecution, because now they're going to have to find someone else to substantiate their obviously overpaid existence...........and other questions arise, are they going to prosecute the other 'Dopers' now that were getting immunity for their admissions in this case? And are the other sanctioned racers/participants that tested 'Negative' going to have their 'B' samples tested at today's standards to call into question their race results? I think whoever may have called this a "Witch Hunt" was right on the money......
  • Prophet 2012/08/27 20:42:13
    No, Lance is innocent!
    Prophet
    +1
    No body has ever won a case against the Olympic Commission. In times such as these with a volatile economy if it were me I would make the same decision not to fight. This whole process could cost him millions to fight it especially if he has to defend each title separately. Lance was tested each time the test results came back negative. All the riders who participate in this event know what a test of endurance this is. I say that all are guilty of doping. This doping is not drug related. It involves storing your red blood cells for a time when you will need them the most. People who live in higher altitudes have more red blood cells than those in lower altitudes. This is why when one travels to a city such as Denver CO from lets say Mpls MN the person experiences for a few days fatigue until the body can produce enough red blood cells to carry the oxygen to the different cells of the body in a location where the air is thinner. I bet 100/1 that the people who complained to the Olympic Commission were those who live in the area of the Tour de France who would have in actuality an unfair advantage over those participants from the lower altitude areas of the world. Should this be the case; then every winner can be accused of doping. Now I do say accused just as Lance has been accused.

2014/10/31 20:46:48