KIEFER SUTHERLAND ARRESTED ON DUI. Why Won't Celebrities Just Hire Drivers?

La Saria 2007/09/25 16:38:28
They're out of control. They think they can do anything and no one tries to stop them. Celebs just think they're invincible.
They make mistakes just like us. A lot of people get DUIs.
Most of them are in L.A. Nobody takes cabs there.
They're tortured artists and they express themselves creativley by operating heavy machinery while bening wasted.
Kiefer Sutherland was arrested early Tuesday on misdemeanor drunken driving charges after failing a field sobriety test, police officials said. The actor was pulled over at 1:10 a.m. in West Los Angeles and tested over the state's legal blood alcohol limit of .08 percent. Kieffer is just the latest in a long list of celebrities who have gotten caught driving drunk (Paris Hilton, Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan, Queen Latifah, Nicole Richie just to name a few). What's the deal? Don't these people have the money to hire a driver. Why do celebrities continue to drive under the influence.

• Jay 2007/09/26 05:32:10
    Jay
    +2
    Even celebrities cannot afford cab fares in L.A ;)

• EvieCTansley 2012/07/17 23:57:11
    EvieCTansley
    Who cares? It happens to more normal people than celebrities..just that we don't hear about it in the papers or the websites, just in the statistics, not that I'm condoning it, its just the fact that they do make mistakes just like all of us, but the only difference is that we hear about it more and then we judge them for being a stupid celebrity.
  • mrachelle13 2008/02/15 05:54:26
    mrachelle13
    Who the hell knows? It's not as if they don't have enough money.
  • Snowboarder 2007/10/11 18:46:31
    They're out of control. They think they can do anything and no one tries to s...
    Snowboarder
    No excuse for it really.
  • True~Male 2007/10/11 13:11:51
    True~Male
    +1
    I think they believe that since they are famous they can get away with something --just not thinking
  • marqy 2007/10/09 00:29:28
    marqy
    they are all just idiots. most people in this world we all do stupid shit but for some reason they keep doing the same thing over and over again it horrible and getting quite boring.
  • Dangerous Dave 2007/09/28 21:52:46
    Dangerous Dave
    +1
    They have money. They rather pay up on a DUI rather than taking a Taxi.
  • Foo Master Angie 2007/09/28 16:46:53
    Foo Master Angie
    +1
    If I had the money, I'd have someone driving my ass all over the place. What I wouldn't give to never have to parallel park again....
  • ThatGirl 2007/09/28 03:40:54
    ThatGirl
    +1
    I'll say that they make mistakes like the rest of us humans. No one SHOULD drive drunk, but people do every day. And as for hiring drivers, sometimes the richest people are the cheapest.
  • Ben 2007/09/26 17:58:14
    Ben
    +1
    Jack Bauer?! Good work Jack, let's hope you're not drunk on the next day of 24...
  • Albert 2007/09/26 17:15:36
    Albert
    They just get more press.
  • La Saria Albert 2007/09/26 19:07:28
    La Saria
    +1
    I agree
  • chris 2007/09/26 16:53:00
    chris
    +1
    because cabbies wont let you in if they think you're goint to puke in the cab
  • DEEP 2007/09/26 15:41:44
  • ~Robin~ 2007/09/26 15:17:14
    ~Robin~
    Stupidity! They have millions of dollars can't they afford some person to drive them around in their car while they drink at parties? That would seem cheaper than DUI's and going to jail. Everyone makes mistakes....I just think if I had millions of dollars and was going out to a FOX party I'd hire me a driver knowing I was going to drink and knowing I was on probation for ummm what was it??? OH YEAH...DUI......Obviously Kiefer didn't learn the first time around.
  • JadedTLC 2007/09/26 05:45:45
    JadedTLC
    although the picture in the middle is funniest!
  • Jay 2007/09/26 05:32:10
    Jay
    +2
  • <--That guy 2007/09/26 03:36:04
    <--That guy
    +1
    When they get DUIs, it's a much bigger deal because the whole world is let in on their mistake. I'm not excusing them for drinking and driving, but they're no worse than half of the guys I've met during my college career. I must know at least five people who've gotten DUIs.
  • BrownEyedGirl 2007/09/26 02:30:04
    BrownEyedGirl
    Whether they like it or not, they are role models to the country and the rest of the world. It's unfortunate that they don't take any pride in that and be a little more responsible.
  • Davidaaf 2007/09/26 01:13:36
    Davidaaf
    I think when it comes to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol everyone should be treated the same. I also believe our Courts need to take a strong position. It only takes one instance of driving under the influence to horribly change someones life. Even the offenders life will be changed forever but that's their choice their victim had no choice. My brother has driven when he was drunk and found damage on his car. I love him but that does not excuse reckless behaviour and he has heard my sermons. I drink but I won't drive when I do. Accidents happen but I could not live with the fact that maybe it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been drinking.
  • valrie life's a Beach! 2007/09/26 00:13:51
    valrie life's a Beach!
    I wondered about this too. They can certainly afford a driver for goodness sakes! But , I think they probably have really cool, expensive cars, which they want to drive really fast and they think (in their impared state) that they are ok to drive them...
  • Michael, Arrivederci e amore 2007/09/25 23:09:51
    Michael, Arrivederci e amore
    +1
    It all boils down to this. If you can't handle your liquor, don't drink. If you don't get a DUI, you'll end up doing something just as dangerous or just as stupid.
  • JiMCRmy 2007/09/25 22:54:09
    They're tortured artists and they express themselves creativley by operating ...
    JiMCRmy
    +2
    I just figured that nobody is gonna choose this one...they are all idiots
  • La Saria JiMCRmy 2007/09/26 16:58:08
    La Saria
    +1
    Thank you for voting for that one
  • Albert JiMCRmy 2007/09/26 17:18:06
    Albert
    Funny, but not really all that true. Mel Gibson got busted for DUI too, and he's done a lot of good things with his power and wealth.
  • thewannabeninja 2007/09/25 20:28:43
    thewannabeninja
    +1
    Personally i could care less about celeberties. I dont get why people get so worked up when a celeb gets arrested or gets arrested and gets out early or whatever.
  • Bunny Gurl ♥ 2007/09/25 19:27:32
    Bunny Gurl ♥
    +1
    I think that people all over are still doing it and the celebs just get more attention about it. Come on just take a cab or bus.
    driving drunk is like playing a video game. Its sooo super kewl!!!! Driving drunk is AWESOME!!!!!
  • La Saria Andrew 2007/09/25 19:23:23
    La Saria
    I used to drive drunk all the time, but then I stopped cuz it got boring after a while.
  • Andrew La Saria 2007/09/25 19:25:15
    its not boring if you close your eyes and stick your head out the window. It feels like you are flying!!!!!!! THe best is to see how far you can go without hitting something! Who needs an xbox 360 when you have a car and a bottle of jack?
  • La Saria Andrew 2007/09/26 17:01:52
    La Saria
    That's true. I used to chug a bottle of Windex and wash it down with some vodka and Tylenol pm. Then I'd drive to the nearest elementary school, close my eyes, and pretend that I was Dale Ernhart Jr.
  • Andrew La Saria 2007/09/26 17:12:07
    thats so kewl. i throw fireworks in drive-through windows. Its awesome!
  • La Saria 2007/09/25 16:46:50
    La Saria
    +1
    I'm not condoning driving drunk. I just don't think celebrities do it more than regular people do.
  • It's Dave to you... 2007/09/25 16:45:58
  • GEMINII : queen of hope 2007/09/25 16:42:37
    GEMINII : queen of hope
    why cant they just use the brain i know its on drugs but at least a driver wouldnt ruin the buzz be responsible thats all i would love to have a driver

2014/09/03 02:12:39