Katy Perry's Parents: Divorce Was Sent By God

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/01/07 01:41:25
Katy Perry s Parents  Divorce Was Sent By God

Katy Perry's evangelist parents have an unusual take on the pop star's recent split from Russell Brand -- that the divorce was God's way of getting people to church.

"I'm sure Katy is trending on the internet just to get you to church tonight," Perry's mom Mary Hudsonjokingly told worshippers at the Church On The Rise congregation in Ohio Wednesday. "I mean all over the world, who knows how God is bringing them in? The most important thing is you are here and God wants to put the fire in you in 2012."

According to Britain's The Sun, the church promoted the Hudsons' appearance on a board outside the building that read, "Katy Perry s Parents Jan 4 & 5" (sic).

Brand filed for divorce last week, citing "irreconcilable differences." He said in a statement: "Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends."

The Sun reports that Brand -- a Buddhist -- was at odds with Perry's religious parents and mocked their beliefs. Perry has also spoken out against her evangelist upbringing, though she and her parents are on good terms.

"I didn't have a childhood," she told Vanity Fair in May 2011.

Perry and Brand married in India in October 2011. They split after 14 months of marriage.

There have been many reports as to what went wrong; some claim Perry couldn't satisfyBrand's sexual needs, others suggest Brandwasn't a supportive husband, and still others insist the couple simply couldn't get along.

They reportedly have no prenup, which means Brand may be entitled to some of Perry's estimated $44 million fortune.

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/katy-perr...

• Gordon 2012/01/08 02:59:33
    Gordon
    +1
    These people have not read what Jesus said about divorce in the Bible. They are too busing emptying the collection plates in their false religion to know what God Almighty actually tells them to do.
  • Mr Chin 2012/01/07 10:29:08
    Mr Chin
    +1
    Crazy People! I do think her vision improved.
    russell brand
  • Lucky. 2012/01/07 10:03:56
    Lucky.
    +1
    Crazy talk.
  • Tropiceagle33 2012/01/07 09:21:45
    Tropiceagle33
    +2
    That statement tells a lot was going on
  • Jamacc 2012/01/07 08:43:55
    Jamacc
    +2
    If I remember the story of her parents correctly, they were sort of wild before finding religion. I understand people who are "God fearing Christians" from day one and those who are Anti-religion; I have both in my family. What I have never understood are the people who "Find" religion to atone for their personal sins and take it to a level where even passing gas is a sign from God! Those are the glossy eyed fanatics that creep me out a bit. Marital problems aside they appear to have never really accepted Brand and his religious views in the first place and were probably just "praying" for a divorce anyway.
  • Rakohammas 2012/01/07 06:00:08
    Rakohammas
    +2
    No honey divorce comes from yours daughter immaturity
  • sally 2012/01/07 05:50:37
    sally
    +1
    What? They got a divorce because Katy was a party-goer who wasn't really ready for a relationship.
  • NhytFahl 2012/01/07 03:57:41
    NhytFahl
    +1
    No. Katy Perry's divorce was not sent by God.

Susan Ivanova was sent by God.
  • bye im out sodahead 2012/01/07 02:45:47
    bye im out sodahead
    +1
    don't bring God in this there spoiled little brats you can make a marriage work but money keeps the rich and famous apart . because Iif you won t you can to try to make it work and if it not meant to be its not meant to be god has no part in this
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/01/07 02:21:59
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    AT THIS DAY AND AGE, CHILDREN DO WHAT THEY WANT AND NOTHING PARENTS CAN DO TO CHANGE THEIR MIND. SOMETIMES, YOU HAVE TO LET THEM FALL AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS SUPPORT THEM WHEN THEY NEED YOU. I HEARD SOME KIDS SAY TO PARENTS: DO YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT ME??? WHEN I DIVORCED MY SPOUSE, YOU WERE HAPPY. AND IF YOU EXPLAIN: BECAUSE HE'S BAD FOR YOU. SHE WOULD THINK YEAH, I'M TOO STUPID, MAKE POOR CHOICE. YOU CAN'T WIN, PARENTS.
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/01/07 02:06:19
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    IF I WERE KATY PERRY'S PARENTS, I WOULD EMBRACE HER, WELCOME HER BACK TO THE FAMILY. GIVE HER LOTS OF LOVE AND SUPPORT. LET HER HAVE TIME TO GRIEVE THE DEATH OF HER MARRIAGE. I WOULD NOT SAY NOTHING OR CELEBRATE THE BREAKUP, BECAUSE SHE'LL RESENT YOU FOR IT LATER.
  • DFA 2012/01/07 02:02:55
    DFA
    +1
    Religious arguments with the in-laws hey? That must have been fun.
  • Beccy 2012/01/07 01:54:46
    +1
    As someone with many scars from divorce including my own I don't see how anyone can say that god sent a divorce
  • Jake Montes-Adams 2012/01/07 01:48:19
    Jake Montes-Adams
    +2
    That's wrong to say that to the world like that. What about non-Christians? Ignorance! Now in Katy Perry's parents.

2014/08/31 02:39:04