Kate Winslet Says the 'Titanic' Theme Song Makes Her Want to Throw Up: Do You Still Love It or Are You Sick of It?

Music 2012/03/30 23:00:00
Fifteen years after "Titanic" grossed a record-breaking $1.8 billion and won 11 Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Original Song, you might expect lead actress Kate Winslet to be a little tired of hearing Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" (i.e., the Oscar-winning theme song you just can't seem to forget). But even so, her reaction to the track in a recent MTV interview could come off as a bit harsh.

When MTV asked how the song made her feel, she responded, "Like throwing up. No, I shouldn't say that ... No, actually, I do feel like throwing up. I wish I could say, 'Oh listen, everybody! It's the Celine Dion song!' But I don't. I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye roll." And that goes double for when she was asked to sing it during a recent interview in Italy: "As though I had in fact sung it myself in the first place. It was like, 'No! I'm not going to do that.' They're like, 'Oh no, come on it will be funny.' No, it won't be funny. At all. And I'm not going to." Do you still love the epic "Titanic" song by Celine Dion? Or are you as sick of "My Heart Will Go On" as Kate Winslet is?

• Gloria 2012/03/31 16:56:52
    Still love it
    Gloria
    I still love songs from when Celine Dion only sung in French.
  • jackie 2012/03/31 16:56:11
    Still love it
    jackie
    Lol I haven't watched that movie in like years! The only way I'll be sick of it if I was forced to listen to it. But I'm not :p
  • Vision of Verve 2012/03/31 16:22:54
  • tom C 2012/03/31 16:10:32 (edited)
    Still love it
    tom  C
    Even though Kate doesnt like it ......Its still a great song..

Kate is looking better than ever...wow...she looks great!
  • Honeybuns 2012/03/31 15:52:38
    Still love it
    Honeybuns
    +1
    I like the song. It's sad but peaceful at the same time.
  • Natalie 2012/03/31 15:40:33
    Still love it
    Natalie
    I still love it and the movie.
  • janet 2012/03/31 15:25:59
    Still love it
    janet
    It still is a great song to listen to, truly romantic : )
  • SAM 2012/03/31 15:03:35
    Still love it
    SAM
    I love the Titanic. It makes me cry because of the tradgey and the love story. Everytime the song comes on I smile because I think of the movie.
  • Mark 2012/03/31 14:59:19
    Sick of it
    Mark
    Cue the "that offends me" bandwagon
  • twhiting9275 2012/03/31 14:54:27
    Sick of it
    twhiting9275
    +1
    then again, Kate Winslet still makes ME want to throw up
  • Wayne TH G 333 2012/03/31 14:48:54
    Sick of it
    Wayne TH G 333
    So good to hear someone saying what they really think!
  • RoryCanadia 2012/03/31 14:39:49
    Sick of it
    RoryCanadia
    I never really loved it.....I'm a dude and it's Celine Dion. However, "sick of it" gives the impression that I actually care enough to have a reaction. I haven't really thought about it since it was impossible to avoid it. That's how you can tell it's so awesome and will stand the test of time.......when they quit cramming it down my throat I never thought of it again.
  • irish 2012/03/31 14:29:50
    Sick of it
    irish
    +1
    sick of titanic! and hearing about it. that was one long,boring ,idiotic movie. should have been a movie trailer and nothing more.LOL
  • smitty 2012/03/31 14:29:30
    Still love it
    smitty
    Well not my favorite, but throw up?

Dang if i got the royalties she is from the movie.. I would say play that song baby!
  • Alvin 2012/03/31 13:40:36
    Sick of it
    Alvin
    +1
    I was sick of it the first time I heard it
  • Grandbrother 2012/03/31 13:34:06
    Sick of it
    Grandbrother
    +1
    Been sick of it since the first time I heard it.
  • CraftyPorn 2012/03/31 13:20:22
    Sick of it
    CraftyPorn
    You cannot go a karaoke session without someone's fat girlfriend trying to pull this number off. Ive been in situations where its been attempted three times in a session. ....please never try to reboot this song.
  • animeknight16 2012/03/31 13:11:47
    Still love it
    animeknight16
    wth is kate talking about the Titanic theme is awesome.
  • Still love it
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷTisdragonflyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    That's her problem not mine I love Celine Dion's Music the woman is very classy, and I will listen to all songs on my cd and more, anytime. So that's to bad about Kate her acting wasn't all that bad in Titanic, but it could have been less childish to I watched the Orginal black and white classic with Barbara Stanwyck growing up, it was a very good film, and projected similar to the movie Titanic, but it was alittle more classier to me. For a remake the movie Titanic though wasn't all that bad.
  • asdfghjkl 2012/03/31 13:07:26
    Still love it
    asdfghjkl
    +1
    iT'S A REALLY LOvely song (soz about the caps)
  • RosaG 2012/03/31 12:56:49
    Sick of it
    RosaG
    +1
    I never liked it. Not my type of music.
  • Waldorf 2012/03/31 12:54:15
    Still love it
    Waldorf
    I take this as whether Kate was wise in commenting, not whether I agree with her. I gather that she was feeling rather irritable. The comments were not constructive to anyone, even her. Celene rules.
  • ▲ツMAXツ▼ 2012/03/31 11:06:00
    Sick of it
    ▲ツMAXツ▼
  • Pureblood_ 2012/03/31 10:55:52
    Sick of it
    Pureblood_
    +1
    Yees. So sick of it right now. With all this hype about the new Titanic in 3D, im hearing it quite a lot lately. Im not surprised Kate is sick of it. I would be to. Poor Kat. All this hatred towards towards her..
  • katy.isodo 2012/03/31 10:31:08
    Sick of it
    katy.isodo
    It can be a great song, and it is.. I admit that. But anything can be overdone, and I've been sick of the song for many years. I can't imagine how often she's asked about the song, how often it comes up as a running joke - just because she was a part of a great movie which included a very good song doesn't mean she wants to hear it every day for the rest of her life, she's human and is entitled to feel whatever she feels.
  • Oli 2012/03/31 09:35:49
    Still love it
    Oli
    how ridiculous
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/03/31 09:19:24
    Still love it
    nothingbutthetruth
    The theme song is so emotional and touching. It must reminds Kate Winslet of some kind of a broken heart in her pass.(:
  • freakoutnow... cuz mom's here 2012/03/31 08:47:09
    Sick of it
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    I was sick of it before I even saw the movie. It's a beautiful song but the only versions I can listen to and not be sick of it is instrumental interpetations of the song.
  • vanely 2012/03/31 08:14:38
    Still love it
    vanely
    still guud':)
  • wolfshadow 2012/03/31 08:11:56
    Still love it
    wolfshadow
    They should stop paying her the royalties on the movie... see how she feels about it then...
  • Djanet 2012/03/31 08:09:22 (edited)
    Still love it
    Djanet
    kate i mean really kate ur such a disrace like really stop complaining and keep ur trashful comments to yourself no one wants to hear them -_-
  • katy.isodo Djanet 2012/03/31 10:28:54
    katy.isodo
    .. She was directly asked about the song, so.. someone did want to hear what she thought. She also probably has to hear the song quite a lot more often than most others considering she was in a lead role in the film, can't imagine how much it comes up - it would get old... fast, almost as old as judgmental people calling her a bitch for having her own opinion.
  • Djanet katy.isodo 2012/03/31 10:39:23
    Djanet
    well i guess.... bt i mean she gets to be honored to play such a great song and okay its fine if she puts it down and even if they asked her about wat she thought i dought they wanted to hear her bitching aabout it and well i dont care she can say all she wants bt this is a great song from time to time it can get annoying bt i dont hear myself saying things like that i just let it pass and well she can deal with it bt watevr -_-
  • katy.isodo Djanet 2012/03/31 10:44:22
    katy.isodo
    +1
    I think if it didn't come up in probably EVERY interview she does, in many events she does, then it wouldn't be a problem. The movie was a very, very huge hit - and it lasted for a long time, even now it keeps going. She didn't want to sing the song because she never did to begin with and they wanted it to be this funny joke thing which isn't really her style and never has been.
    I disagree though, I think they wanted to hear her bitch because to be honest.. her being negative about it gets them ratings, and ratings keeps them on the air with advertisements.
    She also never said it wasn't a great song, she said it made her want to puke.. because she's sick to death of hearing it, not because it's a crappy song.
  • Djanet katy.isodo 2012/03/31 10:52:13
    Djanet
    well you are right about the ratings i guess well you do hav a point bt i just didnt like her comment bt mabe if i was in her position i would hav the same burst
    so ya well thank for leting me see that im wrong in some ways =)
  • Caulfield, the Skywalker 2012/03/31 07:55:31
    Sick of it
    Caulfield, the Skywalker
  • asdfghjkl Caulfie... 2012/03/31 13:05:29
    asdfghjkl
    BRING BACK VICAR OF DIBLEY I LOVED THAT SHOW!
  • yomamaha Caulfie... 2012/03/31 20:31:43
    yomamaha
    HILARIOUS :) how do you put friggin pics up?
  • Katherine 2012/03/31 07:51:51
    Sick of it
    Katherine
    Well this wasn't exactly what I would choose to respond. I thought it was an effective piece to the movie and thought the movie was a bit epic. But after hearing that song so many times, over and over again, it's lost the impact and become a bit cliché.
  • lilkitty008 2012/03/31 07:25:03 (edited)
    Still love it
    lilkitty008
    +3
    Kate you get to be honored to Play in such an amazing film and now you are sick of the movie's(the movie that made you famous) theme song. You are disgrace to this world, you bitch! I will always love the movie not because of the romance on the ship because of the great directing and the tragedy of Titanic, I will always love the movie because of James Cameron<3

2014/10/25 00:02:29