JERRY LEWIS HAS BEEN CRUDELY DUMPED FROM THE MDA TELETHON THIS YEAR. WILL YOU STILL WATCH?

Jimmy Z 2011/08/28 22:51:27
I've been considering this for awhile: The way MDA and telethon organizers have treated Mr. Lewis is horrible. I won't watch a MINUTE of it. I usually tune in to check out some singing or whatever, and it's fun what goes on late at night. Not this time. I hope the show TANKS. The host(s)? "Nancy O'Dell, Nigel Lythgoe, Jann Carl and Alison Sweeney". WHO? Again, I hope the pledges are far less than last year. --Jz

Jerry Lewis on permanent holiday from MDA telethon

TUCSON, Ariz. — The Muscular Dystrophy Association says comedian Jerry Lewis is no longer serving as the organization's national chairman.

The 85-year-old Lewis has been the MDA's national chairman since the early 1950s.

He announced in May that he was retiring as host of the Labor Day Muscular Dystrophy Association telethon that has become synonymous with his name.

Lewis had said that he planned to make his final appearance on this year's Sept. 4 telethon.

But MDA Chairman of the Board R. Rodney Howell said in a statement Wednesday that Lewis "will not be appearing on the telethon."

The Tucson-based MDA says Lewis "has completed his run" as its national chairman and won't be replaced.

appearing telethon tucson-based mda lewis completed run national chairman replaced

Read More: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44016345/ns/today-en...

• Comment Removed 2011/08/29 21:33:04
    NOT JUST NO, BUT HELL NO.
    Comment Removed
    He's older than dirt. Time for a new face.
  • Riobhca 2011/08/29 02:26:54 (edited)
    I WON'T WATCH AND I WON'T SEND IN A PENNY.
    Riobhca
    I haven't watched that boring garbage for years and years. It was good that he collected all that money for those children, but there hasn't been anything "entertaining" on TV for decades. I have other charities that I like and this isn't one of them.
  • Jimmy Z Riobhca 2011/08/29 02:32:40
    Jimmy Z
    Nothing on TV?
  • SK-pro impeachment 2011/08/29 00:25:21
    SK-pro impeachment
    Haven't watched as a young kid. My grandparents watched it every year and had me call and make a pledge. I thank God for my grandparents for instilling some good values in me. But no, i won't watch. I have heard how they have been planning on dumping Jerry and thought they already did last year. It's very sad indeed.
  • Fresno State Fan CB-05 2011/08/28 23:12:57
    Fresno State Fan CB-05
    I haven't watched the MDA Telethon since I was a young kid and it was the only thing on late at night (back when TV went off the air at night). I used to watch all those telethons. Jerry Lewis, Lou Rawls. Not so much anymore.
  • NPC 2011/08/28 22:54:43
    NOT JUST NO, BUT HELL NO.
    NPC
    Quit watching this a long time ago. Sadly but true, there is really no cure for MDA.

2014/11/01 07:43:09